Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

TG Secret Santa 2022: Dragonriders of Hârn

Hooray! It's time again for the best TG tradition; our 18th year of Trad Games Secret Santa! This year's theme is dragons. You can thank Podima for the theme suggestion. Also I'm very sorry for how late this post is, I usually try to get this going beginning of November. As a consequence of my tardiness, I'm making assignments the monday after thanksgiving; I don't think Black Friday sales are as important any more so that should be OK.
Also, due to inflation, I am increasing the minimum gift value to $40 this year.

LIGHTNING BONUS ROUNDS HAVE BEGUN. All these rules apply but also read this linked post before you sign up.

Rules Quick-Reference
See below for the full explanation of the rules; this is just a quick rundown:
  1. Post you want to participate, in this thread, with your gift preferences (required), general location, and your solemn vow.
  2. Send an e-mail to me at tgsecretsanta@gmail.com with your mailing address, SA username, whether or not you'll ship internationally, and any important info.
  3. Receive and read your confirmation email, which arrives within a couple of days.
  4. Check your inbox on Monday, November 28th for your Santee Assignment.
  5. Find your Santee's sign-up post in this thread, and read their gift preferences, if any.
  6. Send a gift worth at least $40 to your Santee. Mail it no later than December 15th, AND ensure it will arrive no later than December 19th. MAKE A POST when you send your gift!
  7. Post in the thread when you receive a gift (whether you open it or not). If you're not sure if it's a TGSS gift, then open it, don't wait till xmas. I need to know you got your thing, and so does your Santa!
  8. When you open your gift, post what you got! Take pictures if you can.
  9. If you get a lovely gift, or nothing arrives, or you have any sort of problem, email tgsecretsanta@gmail.com so I can fix it.
  10. Stick around in the thread till it's closed, or at least until mid-January. There might be a follow-up thing you need to do, or a question to answer, or de-grinching to do, or a survey or something.

OK on to all the :words:
What's Trad Games Secret Santa?
It's an anonymized gift exchange with a Trad Games theme. Goons sign up to trade presents with other goons. I handle the anonymization of assignments, sending your personal information to a total stranger, who will then mail you a gift. Similarly, I'll send someone else's info to you, and you have to send them a gift. Fun!

How do I do it?
Read all the STEP BY STEP RULES in this post (scroll down) and follow them carefully. If you have problems with reading comprehension maybe read it twice or have an adult read it to you. There's ten whole rules and you have to obey them and follow instructions. Each of the rules has a reason behind it so don't skip them.

So I am going to buy something for someone?
Yes. You have to get a gift for a Trad Games goon. Ideally your gift should be picked out specifically for the goon you're assigned. Since this is the Trad Games forum, we're generally focused on games-related stuff, but you kind of have free reign so it doesn't necessarily have to be a game gift... but it probably should, unless you're reasonably sure your non-game gift will delight your target Santee.

Signing up for this is a financial obligation. It is not okay to sign up and then disappear, because someone will send you a present, and then whoever your assignment is, gets grinched. Please take a moment to think seriously about this before you just mash the Reply button.

How much does it cost?
US$40 (or its approximate equivalent in Foreign Money), plus shipping. The shipping isn't part of the gift value because it's not your Santee's fault they live in New Zealand and they shouldn't have to have a worse gift just because you're 8000 miles away.

What if my Santee lives in an Exotic Foreign Land like Zambia, Trinidad & Tobago, or Wales?
I try to match you to someone in the same country unless you volunteer for international gifting. If you are willing to cover the extra cost, then you can say so and I will randomly choose from among the volunteers where needed to gift someone overseas. If you do get matched up with a Foreign Goon, remember that you can order directly from an online retailer in their country to avoid international shipping. If you don't want to get matched with a foreign goon, say so in your sign-up email. If you do actually mail something internationally you will need to ship it earlier so keep that in mind!

This Year's Deadlines
Some time on Monday, November 28th, I will make assignments and email them out. You will then have until THE MONDAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS which is Monday, December 19th to get your gift delivered to your Secret Santee. To meet that deadline, I am asking that all gifts be mailed by December 15th. Keep in mind if you wait that long you'll have to pay a bunch for premium air mail even for domestic delivery. If you choose to wait until the last minute then you have chosen to send your gift sent on time by using an expensive shipping option.

What if I forget?
Don't forget. Bookmark this thread. You can of course make things easier on yourself by just buying something and shipping it immediately after you get your assignment.

What if I don't get a present because my Secret Santa is an rear end in a top hat?
This is called “being Grinched.” If you get Grinched, like an old-west Sheriff I will round up a posse of de-Grinchers and together we will cover for the rear end in a top hat out of the goodness of our hearts. We haven't actually had a grinch since 2016 so I think let's not dwell on it too much.

It's already after the deadline! Does that mean I can't participate?
You are in luck! After the first deadline, we run LIGHTNING BONUS ROUNDS!. Beginning November 28nd, and continuing until roughly December 12th, we will have one or more extra bonus rounds. Each LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND will have from three to eight goons. Then I do a mini-gift-round assignment. You immediately fire off a Trad Games Present at your Santee, and they do the same! Since the pool of participants will be very small, the odds that multiple goons will have to ship internationally go up, though, so keep that in mind.

I'm rich and/or greedy. Can I send two gifts?
gently caress yes you can! Just let me know in your email (step 2) how many gifts you want to send and receive, and I'll make it happen. Each gift still has to meet all the standard requirements. Also you'll need to actually open gifts as soon as they arrive, so we can identify which of your Santas you've been Santeed by.

I only want specific kinds of stuff
That's fine. Just put your requests in your post when you sign up. There's no 100% guarantee, but really that's just like Christmas at home, isn't it? The worst case scenario is you get some $40 Thing that wasn't exactly what you wanted. That's not such a big deal.

I might get something I already have!
That's true. There's only one way to avoid this for sure, and that's by posting what you've already got. You can use boardgamegeek for that, or just make a list, or be more specific about what you do want. There's still a chance you get a duplicate of something you have, though. I can't think of a way to avoid it completely, so you need to be ready for this to possibly happen. This isn't being Grinched, sorry. It's just the nature of Secret Santa.

What if I've never posted in Trad Games?
Welcome aboard! If you have an SA account in good standing that existed before I posted this post, you're eligible to participate. Welcome to the club! Probably you'll get something TG related, though. Or possibly a dong. If you have a brand new SA account registered after this post was posted, then I'm worried about you. Let's have a chat and figure out if you're trustworthy.

TGSS Mailing List
Would you like to receive a reminder of TG Secret Santa next year? Send an email to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com and ask to be added to the official TGSS Mailing List. I will use this list to send out a heads-up each year when I post the new TGSS thread. I won't sell or share the list with anyone, and I will use BCC: so you won't be sharing your email address with the other goons on the list, either. Of course you can also remove yourself from the list at any time, just send me a request and I'll take you off.
:frogsiren:FULL STEP BY STEP RULES:frogsiren:
These are step-by-step instructions in full. Just do all of them, in order.

1. Announce your intention to participate in this here thread. Put the following information in BOLD so it's easy to see:
  • Your Gift Preferences. This means describe things and categories of things you'd love to receive. This is mandatory. You can be specific but it's better to be general. E.g., “I'd love a blueray movie” or “I need tabletop wargaming scenery” or “I'd like the hardback Kings of War 2nd Edition Rulebook.” You can also specify things you don't want, like “I have enough dice thanks” or “I hate animes” or “Do not give money to Wizards of the Coast” or whatever. The more help you give your Secret Santa, the higher the likelihood you will get something that you will actually like. If you just put “I'd love anything at all,” be prepared to receive anything, up to and including Dongs. You also might receive something you already own, especially if seems related to your post history.
  • Your General Location. You'll be telling me your mailing address via e-mail anyway, but goons like to know where in the world all the other goons are. It's funner that way. You can say things like “Chicago” or “Wisconsin” or “Australia,” however specific or general you feel like being.
  • Your Solemn Vow that you will keep up with the thread, send a gift on time, and will post in the thread when you get your present and tell us all what you got and who sent it to you.

2. Send an e-mail to me at tgsecretsanta@gmail.com containing the following information:
  • “Secret Santa Sign Up” or similar in the subject line
  • Your REAL NAME AND MAILING ADDRESS. Someone is going to mail things to you and they need to know how. If someone mails a thing to this name and address and you don't get it because you moved or it's not a real address or the postal carrier refused to deliver a package addressed to “Weedlord Bonerhitler” or something, that's your fault and you will have self-Grinched which is the most embarrassing thing ever.
  • Your Something Awful login name. It should be obvious why I need this.
  • Your willingness or unwillingness to ship internationally. Please be specific if you have restrictions. For example, if you're only willing to ship within North America, please say so. Remember, shipping costs are in addition to the $40 gift guideline.
  • Anything else of importance. Special information might include a list of your mortal enemies which I had better not match you with, a date after which you will be at a different address, your allergy to cheese, or whatever. I promise not to match you (as Santa or Santee) with anyone you don't want to be matched with, and I will pass along any messages to your Santa or Santee that you need passed along. You can also ask questions timidly in this email instead of boldly in the thread, if you prefer.

3. Check for a confirmation email from tgsecretsanta@gmail.com
Everyone who signs up will get a confirmation email within a short amount of time (usually within a day or two). If you don't get one, check your spam filters and then let me know and I'll troubleshoot the issue. Your confirmation email is sent at the same time that I put you on the Spreadsheet of Cheer, so it's important.

4. Wait until Monday, November 28th and then check your inbox. That is the day I will close registration for the main round, and assign names using a secret method. I will post in the thread as I get these assignments out.

You must keep your Santee's personal information secret and private. Don't post or forward or copy their real name, other fake name(s), address, or email address in the thread or anywhere else. Don't try to go visit your Santee, that's creepy. This is important. Respect your Santee's privacy.

5. Check the thread, find your Santee's first post, and read up on their greedy demands. And then buy them a present and mail it. The Officially Recommended Spending Amount is US$40. It is OK to spend a bit more than that if you feel generous. It is OK to spend slightly less than that if you have the perfect thing which costs $38.95, or whatever. But it is not OK to Grinch your Santee by sending them a used paperback book and $8 of baseball cards.
The only truly universal gifts are love and money. For everything else, it's best to consider whether your amazing gift idea would actually be delightful to your Santee. Many people like to leave their options wide open and you can feel free to send whatever you like to them. Others have a more focused domain of Trad Gaming they enjoy, and it's best to try and fit your present into that domain if you can.
If you get stuck on gift ideas, send an email to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com and I will help you out. I can ask your Santee questions while preserving the fog of war, and I also am full of great ideas for the difficult-to-shop-for.

Also, you must check with me (so I can check with your Santee) before sending food or alcoholic beverages to your Santee.

Sometimes you have a thing that you already own that you want to send, that's OK too, just try and figure out what that thing would be worth, roughly (in its present used condition of course), and make sure your giftee is delighted by your largesse instead of saddened by your cheapness.

Regarding handmade gifts:
A lot of us really enjoy the personal touch of a handmade gift, so this might be a great idea. But there are hazards. If you haven't already made your gift, be sure you'll have plenty of time. The estimate of value of the thing you made isn't “what I'd probably sell it for if I sold this,” it's “what my giftee would probably pay for it if they bought it from anyone else.” For example, it takes a huge amount of time to knit a pair of socks; but socks are still only worth a couple dollars to most people, even if you sell your handmade socks for $25. If your giftee asked for a Dice Pouch, it's likely they're thinking of a typical dice pouch which usually costs like ten or fifteen bucks. So if you make one yourself, maybe you better fill it with some cool dice as well? Use your best judgment and run your plans past me if you have any doubt.

Regarding ebooks and Print-On-Demand services. PDFs and eBook versions of gaming products and POD services are not universally loved. I'd like you to please be certain that your giftee loves them before you send one. Check their post and if they don't mention it, contact me and I can confirm with them whether an ebook or printed-on-demand book is a wonderful or horrible thing. We need to confirm your e-delivery was e-delivered promptly because your Santee probably isn't expecting it. DTRPG has hosed up someone's order more than once, for example, so seriously: DTRPG and other e-delivered gifts require special attention and handling.

6. Send a gift to your Santee in a timely manner
Every shipping company is heavily impacted by the holiday shopping season. The sooner you get something shipped, the less likely it is to be delayed. Retailers may also run out of stock. In today's heavily-impacted logistics hellworld, shipping is especailly turbofucked. If you procrastinate and delay, you are still on the hook for on-time delivery, and that will mean having to select a more expensive shipping option. It's OK to take a few days or even a couple weeks if you need it to get your awesome present together, but keep your eye on the calendar and don't screw yourself over by waiting too long! If you can't afford like $100 for next-day shipping the last week before Christmas, then don't procrastinate!

If you purchase a gift online, please confirm with the retailer that the item is actually in stock. Check and make sure it's shipped, not just “ordered.” Get a tracking number and check it every day. You can send me your tracking number if you want, but it's up to you to monitor it and see that your gift got delivered. I can't monitor 100 tracking numbers. Let me know right away if there's a problem or delay.

If a gift receipt is an option, please get one. I know it's not always available, but it's best to make sure that if your Santee already has one of what you got him or her, he can return the new thing and/or exchange it for something else that is great. This isn't a rule, just a preference.

POST INDICATING YOUR PRESENT HAS BEEN MAILED BY NO LATER THAN THURSDAY, DECEMBER 15th, 2022. Your gift has to be delivered by Monday, December 19th. To help meet that deadline, I am asking that all gifts be mailed by December 15th. Keep in mind that three days for delivery is quite unlikely unless you paid a lot for next-day delivery.
If you have some genuine excuse like “I am trapped in a blizzard” or “my house burned down and I can't afford a stamp” or “the vendor promised to mail it but I have discovered they were filthy liars,” that's OK, come post about it in the thread or send me an e-mail or ask your Red Cross coordinator at the disaster relief shelter to send me an e-mail. In this modern world there are very few legit excuses for being unable to communicate for several weeks. And you can avoid this altogether by just shipping a gift within a few days of getting your Santee assignment.
Military goons: if you might possibly be deployed, you should let me know in advance, and also maybe ask a friend or family member in advance to arrange to ship something if you haven't done so in time, and to at least email me when your gift arrives. Being deployed is not an acceptable excuse for failing to get a gift to your Santee or going AWOL on communications from me. If you can't deal with this amount of contingency planning, you should not participate.
Overseas shippers: if you are shipping something overseas, realistically you should give it at least three weeks for shipping! Strongly consider ordering something from a vendor in your target country to avoid long shipping times and the uncertainty of customs.

7. Post in the thread when you receive a gift
You can open it right away or you can wait till your preferred present-opening moment and open it then. Regardless, you need to post in the thread as soon as your gift has arrived. If you get a box and you're not sure if it's your Secret Santa gift, then you need to open it and find out. If you are a double or triple-gifter, you need to open the gift immediately when it arrives so we know which Santa's gift you got.
This way your anxious Santa knows you got your present, and I can register that they have fulfilled their duty by putting a symbol into a box on a spreadsheet, which I loving love doing, you don't even know. Please don't blow this off. Every year a few people dutifully send their gifts, and then disappear from the thread, and we are left with no easy way to confirm that they also received what they were supposed to. That's not being a Grinch, but it is a source of anxiety for your Santa and for me and that's not very nice.

8. Post what you got!
Whenever you get around to opening your gift, please let us know what you got. Take a picture! You should also say thank you and describe your joy. Half the fun of giving a gift is experiencing your Santee's pleasure. THIS IS AN ACTUAL RULE, NOT JUST A SUGGESTION. Saying “thank you” is the socially expected response to a gift, OK?. Some participants never bother and that's rude.

9. If you got a lovely gift, or didn't get a gift, send me an email immediately.
Email me at tgsecretsanta@gmail.com if you get something lousy. That doesn't just mean you got a nice approximately $40 thing that you didn't especially want: unless you specifically said “I don't want RPGs” you can't really complain that you got an RPG. But, you do need to let me know if your Santa has not lived up to the spirit and intent of the rules, OR – and this has actually happened – if your Santa was victimized by a shady retailer who has ripped both you and your Santa off.

10. Please stick around in the thread until a week or two into January, or until I close the thread, whichever comes first
There are usually last-minute hiccups and if someone gets Grinched, I'll be asking for volunteer de-grinchers. This is likely to happen in January, if it happens. Even if you don't want to be a de-Grincher, you can still participate in the tarring and feathering, and that's not something to miss out on. Plus people sometimes get stuff a little late, like when they go back home from their holiday travel or whatever, and it sucks when they have nobody to share their fun with when they open their gift.

Disclaimers
This is the fine print. Nobody told me to put it here, but I'm anal about these kinds of things.

Participation in this event is voluntary. I am not employed by Something Awful LLC, Jeffery of YOSPOS, or any of its affiliates, sponsors, advertisers, subsidiaries, associates, officers, enlisted men, serfs, or holdings (hereafter referred to collectively as SA). My volunteer position as a moderator does not in any way imply or bind SA or myself in a legal way to any kind of responsibility or accontability for what happens with secret santa gift exchanges conducted on the forums. This event is in no way endorsed or sponsored by SA. If you get ripped off by another goon, neither SA, nor I, can promise you relief. Nobody's insurance is covering this. Any supportive or punitive action taken by SA or its moderators or administrators, including stickying threads and punishing bad goons, is purely voluntary and ad-hoc and is not a promise or representation that SA is actually responsible or required to take such action, nor a promise or representation that it will act in a similar manner in the future, present, or past. There is no gold fringe on our flag and we decline to create joinder. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.

I promise to take reasonable and prudent steps to keep your personal information confidential. It is secured by the use of a reasonably obscure password on the tgsecretsanta@gmail.com gmail account. I also copy some of your personal information, including your real name and email address, to my Spreadsheet of Cheer which is stored on a reasonably secure computer behind a firewall. Participation requires that I send your personal information to another person, and I cannot ensure that that person will do the right thing and keep your info private. I also cannot guarantee that my email account or computer is impervious to being hacked or compromised. Obviously anyone who shares or abuses your private information is an rear end in a top hat and if I find out he or she did that and can confirm it then they goes right on the poo poo list immediately and forever, and I will also ban the poo poo out of them and recommend the admins permaban them. But you must agree not to hold me or SA financially, legally, ethically, or spiritually responsible if that happens. Any further relief you seek will be between you and the rear end in a top hat and your respective lawyers, basically. Participating means you agree to these rules.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Nov 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Your Gift Preferences:
I enjoy tabletop wargame related things. Hand made or from the store, printed by you, whatever is fine. Troopers, scenery, goofy game accessories are all fine. Will be happy with pretty much anything tabletop miniature related. I mostly paint and push stuff around by myself, so no specific army or whatever is needed.

Your General Location.

Oregon, at the end of the Oregon Trail.

Your Solemn Vow that you will keep up with the thread, send a gift on time, and will post in the thread when you get your present and tell us all what you got and who sent it to you.

I will keep up with the thread, send a gift on time, and will post in the thread and mention what I received and who sent it when it is received.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Dear Santa,

My name's DigitalRaven and I'm a Santaholic. It's been 8 years since I started taking part in this glorious tradition and I have no desire to break my streak.

Gift Preferences
Board games! Things that play well at two players are best, as are things with a strong solo mode. A small form factor is also a blessing given how small my place is. This is my BGG collection, but I tend to like deck builders and narrative things, frequently with cards — Star Realms/Hero Realms, Villagers, Streets, Arkham Horror LCG, and many and varied Tiny Epic games are always a hit. I've not tried any of the Final Girl series, but I've heard good things and that it'd probably be to my taste. I also love art/setting books that I can use for game inspiration — previous TGSS gifts have included The Worlds of Android, and The World of Might and Magic, which were amazing! I like weird and wonderful stuff as well, things that spark the imagination: obscure roleplaying games, interesting tarot decks, weird bits of art, that kind of thing. More Escher than Geiger, more Carcosa than Cthulhu, but anything that'll get my brain flowing.

I'm a big Transformers fan and a bit of a Gundam nut, so plastic robots in kit or toy form are always welcome. Scifi stuff in general is pretty awesome, and I'm good with dongs. I mean, I'm good with receiving dongs. I've not had any complaints about anything else I do involving dongs, but that's not TGSS-related.

I should note that I don't play wargames or paint miniatures.

General Location

:scotland:

Solemn Vow

By the three holy (and four unholy) testicles of Vectron I shall not grinch.

DigitalRaven fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Nov 13, 2023

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

My Gifts:
I like nautical things, robotech, and think the FFG Star Wars was the best RPG system. I've got everything on DDB already, and prefer foundry but I'm not sure there are any gifts there. I'm a freelance cartographer in the industry, mostly for Arc Dream, but neat cartographic stuff is cool, as is OG Delta Green swag. I enjoy coop board games. A really cool gift I once got was a map from my at-the-time favorite book series.

General Location: New England

Vow: I will send a gift, read and post in the thread, etc.[b] I am also happy to help give follow up gifts to any goons who get screwed.

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Nov 15, 2022

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Dear Santa,
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yiss

Gift Preferences
I like tabletop RPGs (but no Fate or PBTA at the moment, please) especially those with Neat Procedural Generation.

I like skirmish scale miniature games and models. Anything for Heavy Gear or Warcry especially! I also dig orks, lizard and reptile guys, and weird critters, though Just Cool Models are fine too.

Co-op games are great!On the off chance someone has a spare copy of Spirit Island around, that'd be neat! Already have Horizons, though

Stuff for modeling hobby miniatures (paints, etc) is always welcome, and I wouldn't mind something gunpla related (I especially like grunt/mass production mobile suits). Neat storage solutions for any and all of the above is also a fantastic choice.

MTG Commander decks are fun! Just got back in with some incredibly casual play.

I'll be providing contact info for my spouse to our beloved Ultrasanta, Leperflesh, in case you want to make sure you aren't buying me duplicate stuff.

General Location: Pennsylvania, home of brand new senator Large Man.

Vow: Grinch I shan't.

LaSquida fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Nov 15, 2022

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Your Gift Preferences.

* I like the bony bois. Skeletons are cool. I like Ossiarch Bonereapers, so "Endless Spells: Ossiarch Bonereapers" might be something. Or, if there are other cool looking skeleton-related miniatures, that's fine too.
* Some skeleton artwork maybe? Something I can put on the wall near the art desk.
* I also like Goblins, so something with Goblins getting up to mischief or pranking someone/something would be cool.
* I think for now, I don't need too much actual minis, overall unless it's something cool or something you got off etsy or printed out or whatever. Terrain or scatter terrain would be cool, no preference as to fantasy/scifi/post-apoc or whatever.
* exceptions to the above would be like, if you found a person who made a Deus Ex mini or Cyberpunk Minis or Matrix minis or something uncommon or movie related then go hog wild, I probably don't have those. Final Fantasy Minis? Sure go ahead. Digimon? Sounds good. etc
* I'm starting to get into Gundam collecting, so if you have a cool gundam, that might be cool (I have some HG "Gundam Wing" of the main cast minus Deathscythe already, so skip those).
* handmade gifts are cool, in general
* I tend to like scifi over fantasy
* videogames I'd skip, unless you see something cool (art, minis, music, etc) related to Xenosaga or Xenoblade, or the Zero Escape series or something like that.
* Cyberpunk manga or anime? Love it, seen the most popular stuff already, so if there's something more niche (not blame/GitS) that could be cool.
* Books for Solitare RPGs might be cool (I already have 5 Parsecs and Stargrave books) or maybe some niche but fun RPG books I can share with my Pathfinder group for our off weeks (I don't have any Frostgrave books)

edit:
other potential options:
*Underoath - "Voyeurist" Flume LP - vinyl
(or other 2000s metalcore vinyl)
* cool cyberpunk-esque (not exclusively the video game, but the genre) stickers
* grass tufts but they have to be "weird" colors (or other similar weird terrain tools)
* cool unique miniature bases, big or small

Your General Location.

Northeast USA

Your Solemn Vow:
I participated five times? last year (regular + 4 lightning rounds) and if we can manage it collectively, I'm fine with doing that again. I participated with other goons either over PM or through LeperFlesh to make sure I didn't overlap with gifts. I promise to try my best.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Nov 16, 2022

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Hell yeah, count me and I'mma try to hit every lightning round this year.

Your Gift Preferences. Chewbacca is my spirit animal. I've generally buy myself anything I want so surprise me with something I've never seen/heard of before.
I've been hot on OSR, indy and vintage fantasy RPGs lately, I've got space now so I'm much happier with physical books over digital. I love boardgames but don't have a very big collection. Cool geek/gaming T-shirts would be welcome (Size XL). I collect and paint warhammer, but I've got way more minis than I need right now so unless it's something super cool or obscure it will just add to my pile of shame.
No food, I'm have a strict diet. I have just about everything I want from Goodman Games already.
Your General Location. California

I vow not to ruin anyone's festive winter holiday by failing to send them an appropriate gift before the deadline or fail to follow any of the rules.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I'm good for this year!

Gift Preferences
Boardgames! particularly ones that play well with 2 and co-op games. Particularly ones that don't require a massive set-up and initial explanation where people are getting bored and pulling out phones before the game even starts. I have most/all the dominion expansions except for the latest one, as well as games by vlaada chvatil.
RPGs are always fun, I'm looking at starting a cyberpunk-genre game in the next few months with some friends, and I'm looking at different options of games to run it in.
Could always use cool/fun LARP gear to expand the kit. Don't need much in the way of larp weapons, but if you see a sweet piece of jewelery- especially in emerald or amethyst jewel tones- or a cool tote that would fit a wizard/noble-esque character, I'm totally down for it.
Books! Fantasy and Sci-fi are what I read a lot of, but I'm a big fan of most forms of literature. I'd go for the weirder and more esoteric, or newer publications. My library is pretty large, and if it's a popular SFF book published pre-2022 I probably have it.

General Location
Alberta, Canada

Vow I solemnly swear to give a good present on time. I also am in a decent spot financially this year, and I'd like to pay it forward on something that happened a couple years ago, and if anyone is having financial troubles and can't feel like they can participate, I am able to cover their santa-ing as well.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Nov 15, 2022

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Why, yes, that is Glemdenning
Connected by the baton of gifting
These internet warriors continue to fight
Without them, surely presents on Earth would be destroyed
From the past, to the present, and even to the future
Let your souls burn bright, Super Santas!

Gift Preferences
I like to make things, so stuff like legos, mechano, kits, gunpla, etc are always a fun and welcome gift. Recently I got into ugears/robotime/rokr puzzles.
I love puzzles, not so much jigsaw, but like, escape rooms, lil things you have to solve like the houdini water torture puzzle, that sort of thing.
I have many many board games so please see our list, but anything not on our list is fair game. https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/amandaofdoom
I also like tiki stuff a lot (like the movement of the 30s and 40s) so anything you'd see at trader vic's is pretty rad.
(edit) I am also down for sci fi mini terrain that isn't GRIMDARK GOTHIC CATHEDRALS (/edit)
I like jerky. Jerky is rad.
I have a cat, an 8 year old, a 1.5 year old, and a wife.

Oh I am totally in love with magic jumpstart 2022. fyi.

Benedict was a man who thought he was a loner
but he knew it couldn't last.
Benedict made his home in Gilbert, AZ
far from any trees or grass.

Get back, get back
Get back to where you once belonged
Get back, get back
Get back to where you once belonged
Get back Benedict

Solemn Vow
Be he foe or friend, be he foul or clean,
brood of Maddox or bright eBaum,
Ray Chan or Moot or Lowtax,
man yet unborn upon the internets,
neither law, nor love, nor league of swords,
dread nor danger, not Doom itself,
shall defend him from Leper, and Leper's kin,
whoso hideth or hoardeth, or in hand taketh,
finding keepeth or afar casteth
a Present unearned.

This swear we all:
Grinch we will name him ere Holiday's ending,
woe unto world's end! Our word hear thou,
Nikolas Giftfather! To the everlasting
darkness doom us if our gift faileth to ship.
On the holy north pole hear in witness
and our vow remember, Buddy and the elves!​

Benedict fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Dec 14, 2022

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
1. Announce your intention to participate in this here thread. Put the following information in BOLD so it's easy to see:

Your Gift Preferences: Battletech late succession war Battlemechs/Vehicles/Infantry AND/OR 28mm 1941 Italian army units for an OPFOR for Bolt Action AND/OR Terrain suitable for AlphaStrike Battletech (which is 6mm I believe) AND/OR a random TerrainCrate something box or terrain of that kinda type for 28mm wargames fantasy/historical/WW2 AND/OR if you any spare old Dragon magazine, that would be cool. Or any old CYOA book or RPG or Battletech or Wargame book that is long out of date.

Your General Location: Melbourne, AUSTRALIA.

Your Solemn Vow that you will keep up with the thread, send a gift on time, and will post in the thread when you get your present and tell us all what you got and who sent it to you: Yes.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Nov 17, 2022

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Deck the halls with mounds of meeples, fa la la la la la la la la!

Gift Preferences:

Hex and counter wargames - they're an absolute pain in the rear end to find around me so I'd love some if possible. Historical or sci-fi in nature, I've no interest in modern era combat stuff. Would prefer pre-WW2 or if WW2 is your only option then something based around the Pacific threatre. Solo suitability a massive plus (you can play wargames with other people!?) but not by any means a dealbreaker. Literally the only hex and counter game I own is Ogre Pocket Edition (and I guess Battletech if you play with counters) so literally any other game is a win here.

Solo boardgames - I already own Friday, Nemo's War, Under Falling Skies and enjoy them all quite a bit. Always happy to try other solo board games but would prefer to avoid roll and writes or anything not specifically designed for solo play / where solo play is an afterthought.

Adventure gamebooks / puzzle books - I hear there has been a revival of game books here and there but haven't had a chance to check any out myself. Similarly any of the big interlinking puzzle/mystery books that have been published recently would be cool.

Mechanical puzzles - I'm endlessly fascinated with physical puzzles (like for example, the Hanayama cast puzzle range) despite being quite bad at them. Please no Hanayama stuff, despite them being my example, but if you know of any other cool mechanical puzzles I would love to receive one.

Dungeon Crawl Classics dice sets - they use some uncommon Zocchi dice in their mix, notably, D5, D6, D7, D14, D16, D24 and D30. So either just some of the uncommon dice on their own so I can mix them with more standard d20 sets or some DDC specific dice sets would be great.

General Location: Australia

Solemn Vow:

I am not now, nor have ever been, a member of the Grinch Party.

Mode 7 fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Nov 15, 2022

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Heck yeah! Time for one of the best things this year.

Gift Preferences
Pre-made adventures are always great. I'm getting into a lot of Pathfinder 2e and a physical copy of a book would be great to lug around and peruse when I have some downtime. Minis of all shapes and sizes, esoteric and regular (as well as paints - paint are good too!) are fantastic as well. My wife and I spend some saturday afternoons painting minis- right now we're going through some of the Frosthaven starter minis to get them painted. Additionally, any board games or tabletop games that we can play two player would be great fun, as well.

General Location: MN, USA

Solemn Vow: I vow to never ever grinch anyone. Becuase I ain't no grinch, man.

Arrrthritis fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Nov 26, 2022

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK, I should have processed everyone's emails, if you sent me an email and didn't get a reply, let me know here!

I haven't got a signup email from Benedict yet.

Please feel free to mention TGSS in threads you frequent, but we need to avoid spamming so if someone's already mentioned it, you don't need to link it twice. Thanks!

by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007
theres nothing wrong with the word panties
Hopefully I'm not too late!

Gift Preference - something fun/mad/weird to paint or read, I only ever play boardgames or Crokinole nowadays so either something fun to paint or something fun to do with boardgames or Crokinole would be amazing.

Location - UK, London

Vow - I give a solemn vow i'll not be a flakey bastard

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Trying to figure if I can do Secret Santa this year. Literally moving right as gifts are supposed to arrive (or at least the plan). I will update.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Oh boy oh boy oh boy! It's that time again!

Gift Preferences

Blood Bowl - Forge World; here is my Visual Guide (tm)

GW
- would like to make a squad of the retro Noise Marines which would require... at least 7-8 due to needing to convert a blastmaster (gotta have 6 for Slaanesh's power number, of course)
- also down for a couple of Goff Rockers for the project (and one for its own niftiness)

Dice / Dice Bags
Cool ones only please.

Board Games
Decorum (deluxe if you can find it cheap enough)

Non-GW Wargaming
One for the crafter goons out there (or who know where to find stuff): I have a fair amount of Clan War miniatures that I have always wanted to make modular so I could still use them to play Clan War (a dead game I've never played) and Kings of War (a living game I've yet to play). The idea would be to combine a few clans as a Kingdoms of Men force. This would probably involve some sort of multi-basing solution using the 75% percent of a full unit rules, as the base sizes are different. See here for a breakdown of base sizes if you want to do my work for me as a gift.

Cards
A storage solution for various card decks for rpgs and storygames. Ideally would hold tuckboxes and/or cards, and would look nice (really?). Could even have spots for tokens, but we don't need to push it. You can see the sorts of cards I'm intending to store here (basically there are a lot of standard decks, but some tarot, some small, and some odd. Fitting everything might be impossible!). Also tucks or cases for smaller cards (that wouldn't be part of this group) could be good as part of this or as a different gift (e.g. to fit the recent Kings of War cards).

In a bygone TGSS, I received all of The Badger Deck decks except the 11-20 cards, which would be an idea along with some sort of nice storage box for those (the entire set of 443 cards).

General Location
Saint Louis (USA)

Solemn Vow
I will keep up with the thread, send a gift on time, and will post in the thread when I get my present and tell us all what I got and who sent it to me, so help me Leperflesh.

thegodofchuck fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Nov 27, 2022

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

This is my first time with the Secret Santa. Is it considered OK form to have the gift mailed/delivered from the company ordered from?

If that is OK, this might be a good time to remind the thread that the pound is at a very low value compared to the dollar. I have been getting Warhammer stuff from the UK for up to 40% discounts, even after shipping figured in. Without shipping some of the discounts would be 50-60% over MSRP.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

SirFozzie posted:

Trying to figure if I can do Secret Santa this year. Literally moving right as gifts are supposed to arrive (or at least the plan). I will update.

No problem. Maybe you can designate a friend or family member who can receive a gift for you?

by.a.teammate posted:

Hopefully I'm not too late!

We've only just got started, you're not too late! Check the dates in the OP.

IncredibleIgloo posted:

This is my first time with the Secret Santa. Is it considered OK form to have the gift mailed/delivered from the company ordered from?

If that is OK, this might be a good time to remind the thread that the pound is at a very low value compared to the dollar. I have been getting Warhammer stuff from the UK for up to 40% discounts, even after shipping figured in. Without shipping some of the discounts would be 50-60% over MSRP.

Not only is it OK to have the vendor ship directly to your Santee, I encourage it! Saves a lot of time and a lot of money on postage. Good call on those discounts, although of course overseas shipping can be quite slow, so check delivery times carefully if you decide to e.g. order something from a UK vendor for delivery to the US.

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?
The Spreadsheet of Cheer? Truly a holiday tradition to look forward to!

Gift Preferences:
- Old/used CYOA game books
- Solo RPGs
- Handmade/local stuff

Honestly, I’m in this for the fun. If there’s something you enjoy and want to share/convert someone to, then that's what I’d like (dongs ok too, within reason). Preference is for physical stuff rather than digital, though I completely understand how the latter can be much easier.

General Location: Noord Brabant

Solemn Vow: I have never, and will never, grinch.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

An anonymous goon has kindly offered to sponsor a fellow TGer who can't afford to buy a gift this year. Basically, if you want to participate but the $40+ shipping is beyond your budget, this goon will buy your Santee's gift for you, so you don't have to. You'd receive a gift from a Santa as usual.

If you want to accept this donation, you need to contact me directly. You can post too if you like, but this doesn't have to be a public act of accepting charity if you'd rather not post about your poverty or whatever.

I'm also not going to give an anonymous goon someone's real life name and address without getting permission first, so don't worry, I'll check before doing something like that, and it may be that I act as a proxy instead or something.

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.
Since last round, I've gotten a promotion and an unexpected amount of job security, so I'm here to heckin' spoil some people this year. :getin:

Gift preferences

I'm mostly here for miniatures and TTRPGs and am not generally a fan of card or board games. My book collection has kind of gone nuts lately, so I'm in the process of setting up a BGG profile and will update this post with a link when I'm done.

Edit: Collection link. That covers most of what I either have or preordered a physical copy of. There was a bunch of 2020-2022 Kickstarter stuff missing from the site that I was too lazy to add for now, though.

For RPGs, I'm not picky and my local game group mostly plays 5e. I got into the hobby really late, so I'm also the perfect person to unload anything from the 2000s or earlier that you've hung on to, since I guarantee I will not have it. Anything vintage Planescape, Spelljammer, Dark Sun, or Forgotten Realms would be especially appreciated.

After being on the periphery of warhams for a while, I've been really getting into 40k lately. AdMech are by far my favorites now, but I still love Nurgle and skaven. The only GW minis I own are the current Nurglings, Ork Gretchin, and Lord of Blights (from Santa Benedict last year!). However, I'm seriously considering treating myself to the Council of The Death Lord box, so probably stay away from Death Guard lads.

Second edit: FLGS had the AoS Dominion box on turbo discount and I am weak.

For general minis, I'm honestly open to anything except Reaper (I have a ton) and most of the D&D Wizkids line. I've come around on plastic as a preferred material, but metal also works, especially for smaller minis. I have more standard paints than I'll probably ever use in a reasonable lifetime but will welcome any Contrast/Speed/whatever paints, Citadel washes, and whatever other washes and/or glazes you specifically stand by.

I super double plus appreciate weird printed miniatures and anything funky and handmade. Also, I'm mildly obsessed with illithids, and purple is objectively the best color.

General location

TX

Vow

Never will I grinch.

DressCodeBlue fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Nov 27, 2022

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I will pledge to ungrinch someone should the unthinkable happen. I don’t plan to participate otherwise, but I will answer the call should someone go giftless. Leperflesh, PM me should I be needed in this context.

e: obviously I will make no mention of it should I be called to action. Just trying to make sure everyone gets something.

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Why, yes, that is Glemdenning

Leperflesh posted:

OK, I should have processed everyone's emails, if you sent me an email and didn't get a reply, let me know here!

I haven't got a signup email from Benedict yet.

Please feel free to mention TGSS in threads you frequent, but we need to avoid spamming so if someone's already mentioned it, you don't need to link it twice. Thanks!

mail app mangled your address, should be on its way now.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Turns out the folks leasing the house (Brother is building a new one) won't be moving in until Feb 1, so I'm good to go.

Your Gift Preferences: Latest PF 2E books (have up to Guns and Gears) DriveThru Gift card, and other TTRPG stuff mostly. If have questions, let me know through Leperflesh

Your General Location: Near Boston, MA

Your Solemn Vow that you will keep up with the thread, send a gift on time, and will post in the thread when you get your present and tell us all what you got and who sent it to you: I hereby vow I will not grinch anyone, and toxx that if I do, not only will I be banninated and shamed, but I will be forced to watch Donald Trump speeches clockwork orange style.

will be sending info to Leperflesh shortly

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Your Gift Preferences:
- Class books for the Age of Rebellion Star Wars RPG, except Cyphers and Masks.
- Star Wars cosplay accessories like gloves and pouches (WWII/midcentury Cold War surp/repro can often do the job). I'm doing Star Wars airsoft stuff now and kitting up the whole family to do a Rebel squad impression. I'm a 3x beefy boy if you get shirts/jackets. Odd ask but someone might have a line on it or sitting in an attic.
- Terrain and neoprene play mats (3x3, 6x6) for Star Wars: Legion (I tend to get the models themselves as they come out). 1:48 vehicle/starship models are great for this, too.
- BattleTech supplements and Inner sphere 'mech packs (A goon kindly got me a core set to get me back in the game)
- 1/72nd late cold war vehicles models (for Twilight2k)
- Miniature paint brushes or novel mini paint supplies you've found super useful. I have a lot of the basics.
- Whatever else, I'm not trying to be super picky just giving some specifics off the top of my head and will delight in any good cheer sent my way.

Your General Location.

The future Great Lakes Climate Resettlement Zone

Your Solemn Vow that you will keep up with the thread, send a gift on time, and will post in the thread when you get your present and tell us all what you got and who sent it to you.

Should I Grinch my santee, may Crom grind my bones into paste to paint the flanks of the horses of more honorable warriors as they ride off into battle.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Dec 7, 2022

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dr. Lunchables posted:

I will pledge to ungrinch someone should the unthinkable happen. I don’t plan to participate otherwise, but I will answer the call should someone go giftless. Leperflesh, PM me should I be needed in this context.

e: obviously I will make no mention of it should I be called to action. Just trying to make sure everyone gets something.

Thanks! I'll just say, we haven't needed an actual de-grincher in several years. But I appreciate your willingness to step in!

Benedict posted:

mail app mangled your address, should be on its way now.

We're all set now, thanks!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Obviously I haven't done assignments yet and won't for another week but folks should bookmark the boardgame deals thread over in Coupons, it's a good source for random deals on boardgames!

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Gift Preferences
I enjoy both sci-fi and fantasy genre books, delicious snacks, and interesting things. Steam games also appreciated, though I prefer there be a physical component of the gift since I like opening presents. :v

Also while TTRPG stuff is appreciated, I'll likely never use it, be it boardgames or rulebooks. No local games or gamers for me, alas.

Solemn Vow
Never Shall I Ever Grinch.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Gift Preferences: Uh,, that's a good question. Board gamer mostly. TTRPG stuff too but I have enough rulebooks that I don't play already.
This is my collection, ignore the scores I can't remember what I put or why: https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/nicholasb
I think at this point I may have enough games, but maybe there's one really awesome one I'm missing - I don't get to game with a lot of people very often, just my partner, so any awesome 2-player games that I don't have (or games that play best with 2 player), co-op preferred, or games with excellent/only single player modes. I only have Under Falling Skies in that area but have enjoyed it.

Failing that, I like board game accessories. Got poker chips and metal coins, always looking for collapsible trays or little boxes to make organizing components in a box easier, that sort of thing.

Apologies for whoever I'm assigned to.

Solemn Vow: Grinches get stinches

Edit: Also a cat toy or something! Uh, for the cats, not for me, that'd be weird.

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 18, 2022

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Gift Preferences
1) Literally anything. I'm a "thought that counts" person, so if you think something is cool I will think it's cool that you think it's cool, so I will think it's cool. You'd have to intentionally be lovely for me to not like your gift. You can stop reading here, unless you need restrictions to breed creativity, like a haiku.

2) Old school and/or obscure things. Did you find some black and white zine RPG based on the Boer War behind a dusty shelf in an abandoned antiques store? Send me that poo poo. Those 1970s/1980s Avalon Hill board games with fold out paper maps and cardboard chits? Hell yeah (except Bull Run and Empires in Arms, I got those already)!

3) Hand made stuff. this really ties into the "thought that counts" and "unusual/unique" the previous two points embrace.

4) Anything Dune related. I have the core rulebook for the Modiphius 2D20 game, the "main" Dune boardgame (and its expansions), and Dune Imperium (and its expansions). Anything else (other games, merch, nick knacks, etc.) is welcome.

5) Co-op board games and/or board games with a solo mode.

Solemn Vow
I've gifted multiple times the last couple years and never Grinched once.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

santasantasantasantasantasantasantasantasantasantasantasantasantasantasanta:yayclod:

Gift Preferences
I like all kinds of things, from miniatures and terrain, to board games, to RPGs (that I never get to play but at least get to read), to game adjacent things like gear, merch, and gundams and other hobby kit stuff. I prefer physical things, but digital is fine too if that's what works for my santa. This is my BGG collection/wishlist, this is my DTRPG wishlist and all the RPGs I own that have a listing there should be on my Goodreads (years later and DTRPG still doesn't have a way to share what I already have), and this is my roughly up to date miniatures collection not including big rear end boxes of Bones 2/3/4/5/6 so many bones. Surprises, local delights, home made demonstrations of your skills/passions, food and alcohol, et al, are all fine with me, I mean there's lots of things that I don't even know I want yet :buddy: All parcels will be inspected by Junior Trainee Customs Officer Bonnie

Solemn Vow
Grinch?! Where?! :tfrxmas:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Nov 20, 2022

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Yes! TGSS is always a treat! Time for my annual post on the forums.

Gift Preferences
Cool stuff. To help narrow that ambiguous phrasing down, I like to paint miniatures for wargames I will definitely play. I like fantasy, scifi, and historical (for instance Mantic's games and I'm incredibly slowly building up some Pike and Shot armies). I'm also getting back into DnD with this 5th edition thing and being a DM for my family. I have zero books and am currently using the basic pdf, anything to help me out with some hard copy books would be fantastic (used is totally fine). I also like skirmish games, like Frostgrave and Gaslands which I play with my son, so any terrain or supplements or just cool additions would be great as well! I also enjoy making terrain using Hirst Arts molds and more are always welcome.

Solemn Vow
I have never grinched and will not start this year!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
The most wonderful time of the year: TGSS time is here! My brain is still frazzled from last week”s workload, but putting in my intent to participate now. I’ll flesh out below while overindulging on turkey and stuffing later this week.

Things I Like:
  • Horror RPGs: Would love supplements for games I already own, but would really love to expand my horizons to new RPGs as well. (Call of Cthulhu, Cthulhu Dark, Trail of Cthulhu, Yellow King, and Night's Black Agents).
  • Dice: Anything cool or weird, especially D6s and D10s
  • 40K: I am all about the Adeptus Mechanicus and Sisters of Battle. Really anything as I've only just started collecting and painting models again after a substantial hiatus. Now the proud owner of Belisarius Cawl!
  • CYOA/Gamebooks: Have been a fan of these since I was a kid: Choose Your Own Adventure, Endless Quest, Grailquest, Wizard & Warrior, etc. Any new books in this genre, or any vintage physical books, would be awesome. Blessed with a copy of Sword of the Bastard Elf now!
  • Solo Games: Boardgames or card games especially, but very open to any cool solo RPGs, too.
  • Warham books: I have read almost none of the Horus Heresy books (just Mechanicum so far) and would like to remedy that. Or any other 40K novel that's good. Gifted with Galaxy in Flames, Horus Rising, and False Gods!
  • Languages: Anything to do with medieval languages, especially Arabic, Hebrew, Old English, Norse, or early French.
  • Weird & Wondrous Things: Seriously anything cool or oddball from weird but good indie RPGS (or enjoyably bad ones), minis, coffee mugs, really anything
  • Snacks & Drinks: Finally, snacks, beers, chocos, candies, and other delicacies are always greatly enjoyed! (I wound up making mead a holiday tradition thanks to a previous TGSS Santa, and discovered the delights of Belgian ale as well)

Stuff I Already Own

Horror RPGs:
  • Call of Cthulhu 7th ed.: Cults of Cthulhu, Malleus Monstrorum, Investigator's Handbook, The Things We Leave Behind (love this one), Fear's Sharp Little Needles, and Cold Harvest
  • Trail of Cthulhu: the Armitage Files, Eternal Lies, The Final Revelation, Dreamhounds of Paris, and Cthulhu Confidential
  • Night's Black Agents: NBA Solo Ops, Dracula Unredacted, and the Dracula Dossier Director's Handbook
  • Yellow King: just the main rulebooks
  • Cthulhu Dark: I don't think there are any supplements but would happily be proven wrong
40K Novels:
  • All the Ciaphas Cain, Eisenhorn, and Ravenor novels, as well as Mechanicum, Brutal Kunnin', Scars, and Flesh and Steel

General Location: Silicon Valley

Solemn Vow: May dread Santa toss me into his pit of cannibal elves should I dare to Grinch my gifted or fail to post the epic unboxing thread!

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Dec 12, 2022

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
I <3 TGSS.

Gift Preferences: I like a lot of trad game things. I enjoy boardgames with my friends and family, nothing to deep or crunchy though. https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/jassi007 I wouldn't mind old D&D, AD&D (1E or 2E) books although these can be a little expensive these days. I loved the poo poo out of Cyberpunk 2077 and just got the core rulebook. I play a lot of tabletop games Warhammer 40k, AoS, Star Wars Legion, Bloodbowl, Warhammer Underworlds. I love gaming accessories or other fun display things are always good too, I have a large nerd lair. I do enjoy reading, sci-fi & fantasy primarily but really I'll read darn near anything. I like a lot of poo poo, go nuts send me your favorite thing I'll probably like it.

Locaiton: Pennsylvania, USA.

Solemn Vow: Never have I, nor will I grinch! I swear upon the dice gods, may I roll 1's forever if I break this vow!

jassi007 fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Dec 6, 2022

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011
Back Again!

Gift Ideas
I mostly do miniature games.
For 40k, I could use some of the newer Guard or Ork minis
Flames of War: German or Soviet
Team Yankee: I'm thinking of starting an early 80's American force.
So, M-113s or M-60s would be awesome.
SW Legions: Empire or Rebellion
Cool insignia, cosplay stuff, dongs, exotic snacks, erotic pins

Solem Vow
In my years of doing this, I've never Grinched, nor will I Grinch.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Nice nice nice, we've got 25 people signed up to exchange 30 gifts now!

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Leperflesh posted:

Nice nice nice, we've got 25 people signed up to exchange 30 gifts now!

How many did we have last year?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

In the main round for 2021 we had 42 goons, 45 gift exchanges.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Woooo just in time to fill the empty spots on my shelf I made!

Gift Preference I have a large collection of Board Games so here's my CSI list of stuff I don't have but am interested in: List

I'm pretty big into Keyforge, but have mats/storage a plenty. I like baking stuff, reading, escape rooms, weird regional stuff, or home made stuff if you have a specialty.

Location LA Area California

Vow Nah, whoever I get is gettin GIFTED

Chekans 3 16 fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Nov 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Since there's less than one week of sign-ups, maybe a good time to remind your goon friends, unless you have already, if they want to participate.