Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Semis in a couple hours:

World Tag League 2023
December 8th at 4:30 EDT/9:30 BST/18:30 JST
Kirishima City Makizono Arena Kagoshima

Wato, Nakashima, and Leube vs. Bullet Club (Fale, Ishimori, and Bonza)
Minoru Suzuki and Monster Sauce vs. United Empire (Great-O-Khan, HENARE, and Callum Newman
Kaito Kiyomiya, Ryohei Oiwa, and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. House of Torture (EVIL, SHO, and Kanemaru)
Shota Umino and Tomoaki Honma vs. House of Torture (Ren Narita and Yujiro Takahashi)
Okada, Tana, Ishii, and YTR vs. Gates of Agony, Atlantis Jr, and Soberano Jr
Just 5 Guys (SANADA, Taichi, Uemura, and DOUKI) vs. Shingo, Tsuji, Zandokan Jr., and BUSHI
WTL Semi-Final:G.o.D (El-Phantasmo and Hikuleo) vs. TMDK (Shane Haste and Mikey Nicholls)
WTL Semi-Final:Bishamon vs. BC War Dogs (Alex Coughlin and Gabe Kidd

Thauros fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Dec 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

New Japan Cup results:

BOSJ 30 results:

Master Wato beat Titán in the finals

Thauros fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jun 19, 2023

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

ELP, Suzuki/Desperado/Narita and Ishii are the challengers for Tama, The House and Zack respectively I think

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
ground floor
just caught up w/ nyd. it was epic

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

ELP, Suzuki/Desperado/Narita and Ishii are the challengers for Tama, The House and Zack respectively I think

i missed the elp match and whatever happened with ishii, thanks. i know the suzuki/despe/narita thing is happening but since afaik they're not on the same page yet in kayfabe given the handshakes i didn't want to add it yet

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Thank you so much for the thread title :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr_vl62JblQ

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

ZSJ getting TMDK it's own young lion in Fujita was great but the best part was Oiwa staring a hole into Fujita. Young lion angles rule

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Should be getting the NJPW/Noah card tonight. Hope for some cool singles.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I am depressed

I wonder if the Just Four Guys could say "Hey buddy, it's gonna be good." :unsmith:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SatoshiMiwa posted:

ZSJ getting TMDK it's own young lion in Fujita was great but the best part was Oiwa staring a hole into Fujita. Young lion angles rule

The real reason Zack picked Fujita is he was impressed with his body in the body building competition last month

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This but plus 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt2OVAgkHBc

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1611273047411130368

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1611273454950678530

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

LIJ need to sweep the Kongoh dorks 5-0

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/D_Wrestlingifs/status/1611276457472311296

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
that's way better than WK16 N3, wtf. Actually having singles matches rules.

Also is Marufuji getting recruited to Bullet Club

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Naito is being hilarious at this press conference

Hiromu i think was the final straw for kenoh

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1611282558242918400?t=ObCoBUF4zwNGU6pk80YQeg&s=19

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This Kenoh man seems like a big angry baby imo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kenoh vs. Naito is all I ever wanted and I am so, so, so happy about this :bisonyes:

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Rarity posted:

That's the beauty of Kenoh. Naito is gonna piss him off so much, it's gonna be great.

https://twitter.com/noah_ghc/status/1611282737423618048

Just look at this guy, we're gonna see the angriest man in human history at this show.

Stall_19 fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jan 6, 2023

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

There's a good reason for this.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

you guys Nakajima and Shingo are going to kick holes into each other's chests and it is going to be so awesome.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Stall_19 posted:

That's the beauty of Kenoh. Naito is gonna piss him off so much, it's gonna be great.

https://twitter.com/noah_ghc/status/1611282737423618048

Just look at this guy, we're gonna see the angriest man in human history at this show.

Gotten to

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Gotten to

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kenoh is going to scream so hard that doctors will have to send him to be killed, all while Naito has a little giggle. :allears:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Kenoh is going to scream so hard that doctors will have to send him to be killed, all while Naito has a little giggle. :allears:

The best thing about the Kenoh Angry Babyman persona is that he looks completely ridiculous and THEN slaps you so hard your jaw dislocates.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I was hoping for Shingo/Kenoh, but everything is crossing over now so maybe next time.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

Yes, that's because he is & that's why he's my favourite wrestler

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Anyway, full thoughts

Young boy opener will be great, the NJ young boys have always had great battles with the AJPW young boys & I expect the same here.
Leube getting to team with Ishii against Kitamiya & Inaba is good for him. Really dig that match too, Inaba is hugely underrated, Kitamiya & Ishii will absolutely slap.
Kojima, Tanahashi, Yano & Sugiura vs KentaFuji, ELP & Gedo is 7/8s of a good match. Well, 3/4s maybe, drop out Gedo & Yano. Still, more of KentaFuji vs Kojima & Sugiura will be tasty.
Despy vs YO-HEY? poo poo, sure. YO-HEY is decent even though he gives off an energy of smelling of stale cigarettes, Despy is amazing, that'll be fun.
Wato, TM & Taguchi vs AMAKUSA, Miyawaki & Alejandro is filler, but it'll be fun to see Wato against the 3 NOAH jrs.
Kiyomiya & Inamura vs Okada & Makabe? Man, a) I hate this because Inamura is eating the pinfall, NOAH does not appreciate what they have in that unit. b) Bin Makabe for loving anyone else & this match would be improved, I have no interest in a guy who only takes 2 bumps a night when he's really working hard. Okada vs Kaito could be fun.
BUSHI vs Tadasuke, a match to give NOAH a little hope & a rare victory.
Hiromu vs Ohara is a match I'd rather not happen, Ohara doesn't deserve this spot because he's a piece of poo poo. Swap in Hirooki.
SANADA vs Soya is fun because it's a AJPW/Wrestle-1 reunion.
Nakajima vs Takagi & Naito vs Kenoh though. This is my poo poo. The rest of the card could be Makabe squashing Inamura & so long as these 2 matches go hard I'll be a happy bunny. 2 matches, 3 of my favourite wrestlers & also Tetsuya Naito who can be quite good when he's arsed to. I'm sure giant pissbaby Kenoh will get it out of him. Nakajima vs Shingo though, straight up dream match territory. Only ever had 2 singles matches before, 2005 in DG when Nakajima was 17 & Shingo 22, & 2012 in Diamond Ring. And they are both much different wrestlers now.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

https://www.njpw1972.com/140805

92, 400 live views on World for WK, 30% of which were watching the English feed

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

ok wow i asumed it would be a five on five main event. btw according to the global site the ppv will be available on world in english.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

So glad I watched that Muta V Nakamura card because I now recognise most of those guys. Looks like a killer card. Is it going to be on NJPW World or Wrestle Universe?

Edit: I missed the above post whoops

Kaveman fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jan 6, 2023

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kaveman posted:

So glad I watched that Muta V Nakamura card because I now recognise most of those guys. Looks like a killer card. Is it going to be on NJPW World or Wrestle Universe?

The last one was on Abema PPV as had a bunch of techinal problems, but Thauros in the post immediately before yours said it looks to be on World this time so hopefully it goes smoother

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Ohara doesn't deserve this spot because he's a piece of poo poo

Is this the cult stuff and the beating his girlfriend or did something new come out?

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

I'd image beating his girlfriend, costing her four and a half years of her career is enough to warrant that title for life.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sure, yet there is a difference between taking the YO-HEY route of keeping your head down after doing some (allegedly) monstrous poo poo or if Ohara's continued being a garbage human being in the decade since he got fired from WNC for it. All I saw from him during the time I followed NOAH was the positive stuff the company was putting out so I asked the question

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

In more positive news, Dave setting the groundwork to give the rematch more than 7*

https://twitter.com/CiaranRH93/status/1611319930070388736

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Full card for New Japan X Noah show year 2. It;s not on the schedule on World yet ut according to the official preview on the global site it'll be available in English on New Japan World as a PPV, no mention of price

WRESTLE KINGDOM 17
January 21st 3:00 AM EDT/8:00 GMT/17:00 JST Main Card
Yokohama Arena - PPV on ABEMA and NJPW World

Preshow: 1 hour before gong:

Kosei Fujita and Ryohei Oiwa vs. Yasutaka Yano and Taishi Oizawa
Tomohiro Ishii and Oskar Leube vs. Masa Kitamiya and Daiki Inaba

Main card:

Tanahashi, Yano, Kojima, and Sugiura vs. Marufuji, KENTA, El-P, and Gedo
El Desperado vs. YO-HEY
Tiger Mask, Ryusuke Taguchi, and Master Wato vs. AMAKUSA, Junta MIyawaki, and Alejandro
Kazuchika Okada and Togi Makabe vs. Kaito Kiyomiya and Yoshiki Inamura
L.I.J vs. KONGOH:BUSHI vs. Tadasuke
L.I.J vs. KONGOH:Hiromu Takahashi vs. Hajime Ohara
L.I.J vs. KONGOH:SANADA vs. Manabu Soya
L.I.J vs. KONGOH:Shingo Takagi vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima
L.I.J vs. KONGOH:Tetsuya Naito vs. Kenoh

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

So going into that weekend Noah have Wrestle Kingdom 17 Night 2 followed by Muta's "Final bye bye" the next night, both from Yokohama Arena.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Is this the cult stuff and the beating his girlfriend or did something new come out?

Yeah, it's the old stuff but he's never really shown any contrition for it as far as I can tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
https://twitter.com/BensonRichardE/status/1611306343587094529?s=20&t=Q_RqH6HYdfInEsOsB2ey7w