Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Sanada works as a pretty boy but Naito I'd way to scuzzy for me to take him seriously as a pretty boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I gotta admit as down as most folks are on SANADA I'm more excited for this WK main event than I was for Okada v. Switchblade. Mainly cause I think the various outcomes are interesting from a booking standpoint. Jay White was almost definitely going to lose and as great as Okada is there aren't too many more stories to tell with him as the Top Guy.

If I were Gedo I'd definitely have Naito win, build to Naito v. Tsuji (maybe with Tsuji beating SANADA in a rematch along the way) and strap up Tsuji before the end of the year. Wouldn't even necessarily need Tsuji to turn on Naito/LIJ, just a changing of the guard.

And then SANADA can go the way of EVIL as far as former IWGP Heavyweight champions in their prime years who should never be in the main event picture ever again. And I generally like SANADA!

2024 should firmly be the year for the young guys like Tsuji, Uemura, Umino, and maybe Narita.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Shounen-ai Naito isn't real, he can't hurt you

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I thought SANADA's title reign was going really well but then the EVIL bullshit just completely tanked it. PLUS that was the last thing we would get to see him do as champion for months because of the way New Japan's schedule works. What a drat shame, the Communist Utopia he promised will have to wait just a little longer.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Jerusalem posted:

I thought SANADA's title reign was going really well but then the EVIL bullshit just completely tanked it. PLUS that was the last thing we would get to see him do as champion for months because of the way New Japan's schedule works. What a drat shame, the Communist Utopia he promised will have to wait just a little longer.

The last match he had against EVIL was pretty good though.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

You won’t find many people that agree with you on the internet about that, although considering HOT is a big merch seller and a million people watched SANADA vs EVIL in Ryogoku on ABEMA, the Japanese audience does appear to.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I will never tire of yappy dog Gabe Kidd

e: didn't realise this had already been posted in the social media thread but works here as well

https://twitter.com/GabeKidd0115/status/1741970812503015868

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jan 2, 2024

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Strawberry Panda posted:

The last match he had against EVIL was pretty good though.

The Cameo posted:

You won’t find many people that agree with you on the internet about that, although considering HOT is a big merch seller and a million people watched SANADA vs EVIL in Ryogoku on ABEMA, the Japanese audience does appear to.

I'm glad it seems to be working in Japan, because it would be utterly bewildering to me why they were sticking with such a loving awful gimmick (and that terrible feud) if it wasn't appealing to the fans. I loving hated it and it just keeps getting worse and worse, so I'll forever lament them wasting all that talent and time on this bullshit, but for whatever reason New Japan has made the baffling decision not to book specifically for me, Jerusalem. A major flaw in their thinking.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I didn't like the EVIL defense either but it really drew so maybe business is business. Idt it had the Duke Togo table spot though from their special singles match a couple of WKs ago so it's still inferior to that one

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I didn’t log in after the site change and now NJPW is having email issues so I can’t get a confirmation email from them to log in. Unfortunately I am extremely broke and they already charged me and I can’t just say gently caress it and make another account. I am working with support but contact has dried up due to the holiday. I am not hopeful I am gonna get to watch live this year.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ahh jeez, that sucks. Hopefully it gets worked out in time :(

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rick posted:

I didn’t log in after the site change and now NJPW is having email issues so I can’t get a confirmation email from them to log in. Unfortunately I am extremely broke and they already charged me and I can’t just say gently caress it and make another account. I am working with support but contact has dried up due to the holiday. I am not hopeful I am gonna get to watch live this year.

Just signed up for a new account and sub and it worked for me, so keep trying!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Anyone going to the shows tomorrow want Stardom Tickets for the 1/6 show? We ended up with an extra two of the 8000yen seats for the Saturday show.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Wk press conference is on now. War dogs just unveiled new jnr tag titles that look pretty good imo

Edit

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1742413685992358010?t=VEXFAN0n_SnAxKEwjhyNjw&s=19

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Zack Sabre Jr. about to become the Prime Minister of NJPW

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

Zack Sabre Jr. about to become the Prime Minister of NJPW

I think he's more likely to lose so he can bump up to Heavyweight and take over as the #1 gaijin.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/drainbamager/status/1742435779329282104?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

Will giving the people what they want

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

So questions : Does the Tokyo dome take credit cards for merch/food or will I need to get cash?

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

SatoshiMiwa posted:

So questions : Does the Tokyo dome take credit cards for merch/food or will I need to get cash?

I'm trying to find the tweet but I recall the nj twitter account saying the Tokyo dome was now cashless

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I'm trying to find the tweet but I recall the nj twitter account saying the Tokyo dome was now cashless

As somebody who lives here, I…would be surprised if the amenities and food vendors were 100% cashless. Cash is still the easiest and almost always a guarantee to work.

If you do use a card, ask for credit, and if they ask “one time?” it’s because you can split a purchase into multiple months’ worth of payments. Might be useful for a new TV, less necessary for a burger and fries. Credit card machines might be chip-and-pin or touch, touch is getting more common but not fully there.

Most other payment options are very Japanese, but Apple Pay is also possible in my experience. Suica also very likely for smaller purchases (food/drinks).

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Will giving the people what they want

https://twitter.com/WrestleTed/status/1742508947377143874

Writer Cath fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jan 3, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003