Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Campbell’s good this year, would not be surprised to see them break into the rankings at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

We always drop some weird midweek game to UNF or FGCU or whatever.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

elentar posted:

Campbell’s good this year, would not be surprised to see them break into the rankings at some point.

I think we had Campbell in our Regional in ‘21 and they gave us hell. This has been a pro-Camel account ever since

Also more cool stuff from our midweek games

https://twitter.com/pitchingninja/status/1628560397350338560?s=46&t=3jRVReOXnlfS488CeqC_RQ

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

The best part about ambidextrous pitchers? Twice as many UCLs to tear.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Cambpell’s mascot also rules

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Cambpell’s mascot also rules

We lived very near Campbell’s campus for a couple years when I was a kid, and I totally forgot about the Camels until they got good at baseball.

I did quiz bowl and a couple chess tourneys on their campus in like 6th grade (nerd).

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Alright well, we may not even make the tournament this year but by god we're gonna hit nukes

https://twitter.com/HailStateBB/status/1628536173089132544?s=20

474'

Just watched this clip again grabbing it to send to a friend and I just realized it was 474’ off an 85 mph pitch. Good lord.

LeeMajors posted:

The best part about ambidextrous pitchers? Twice as many UCLs to tear.

:lol:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Charlottesville: low 80s yesterday, snow tomorrow, but a perfect day today for a doubleheader

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Tony Vitello is doing a self-imposed suspension for the series with Dayton this weekend over the Maui Ahuna stuff.

From what I’ve read there was some tampering done with his recruitment and this is the punishment from that. It’s expected that Maui will be able to play soon as a result.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
go hokies
https://twitter.com/Boco_T/status/1629254884674379782

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Joey Freshwater posted:

Tony Vitello is doing a self-imposed suspension for the series with Dayton this weekend over the Maui Ahuna stuff.

From what I’ve read there was some tampering done with his recruitment and this is the punishment from that. It’s expected that Maui will be able to play soon as a result.

I have really mixed feelings about all this. The main, non-mixed one though is I don’t think the athlete should be punished. He shouldn’t have had to sit out at all.

As a coach, if you somehow get caught doing it, it should be more than a token “I won’t coach for these meaningless games, we good?” Situation. Should at least have to be a conference series. I know this goes on everywhere but like one person a year gets caught, if you are the unlucky one I think it being games that are meaningless is silly.

On the other hand, screw the NCAA, free Tony V

Saw some rumors on Twitter that it was Corbin at Vandy who snitched on Tennessee which :lol: if so

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

chaoslord posted:

I have really mixed feelings about all this. The main, non-mixed one though is I don’t think the athlete should be punished. He shouldn’t have had to sit out at all.

As a coach, if you somehow get caught doing it, it should be more than a token “I won’t coach for these meaningless games, we good?” Situation. Should at least have to be a conference series. I know this goes on everywhere but like one person a year gets caught, if you are the unlucky one I think it being games that are meaningless is silly.

On the other hand, screw the NCAA, free Tony V

Saw some rumors on Twitter that it was Corbin at Vandy who snitched on Tennessee which :lol: if so

Yeah agreed, I had to kind of laugh when I saw he was doing it for Dayton. It also sucks they Maui is getting punished at all, it’s not his fault.

If that’s true about Corbin that’s a pretty ballsy move. Though how would he even know what happened?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Joey Freshwater posted:

If that’s true about Corbin that’s a pretty ballsy move. Though how would he even know what happened?

generally it means you were thinking of doing the same thing and the other school beat you to it

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Portland has gone into college station and taken two off of #5 Texas A&M. Wow. 10-3 and 4-1 wins for Portland. They go for the sweep tomorrow.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

https://twitter.com/bigdonkey47/status/1629926178441117697?s=20

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Texas A&M was down 4-2 to Portland in the 9th but comes back to win 5-4 to avoid the sweep

Arkansas got pantsed by Eastern Illinois, 12-3. Were up 3-2 going into the 7th. Bullpen completely imploded

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

OM got up big against Maryland but let them back into it 10-8 only to end the game on a walk-off run-rule grand slam

https://twitter.com/11point7/status/1629974032685625345?s=20

Also UF's Jac Caglianone has gotta be in the early running for the golden spikes. Three homers today in a game where he was SP touching 97mph.

https://twitter.com/JacobRudner/status/1629931936423583744?s=20

His stats are nuts

Traitorous Leopard fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Feb 27, 2023

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Also UF's Jac Caglianone has gotta be in the early running for the golden spikes. Three homers today in a game where he was SP touching 97mph.

https://twitter.com/JacobRudner/status/1629931936423583744?s=20

His stats are nuts

He played sparingly last year and hit a ball into space against Mizzou. Easy, smooth left side power.

I knew he had Tommy John last year but forgot until he was on the mound last weekend.

He’s very very good.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Maui had his eligibility reinstated :toot:

His first game will be tomorrow vs Charleston Southern

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

NC State scored 7 in the 7th today to stay undefeated and dodge a midweek loss, beating Longwood 9-7. They’ve been solid so far but against a very weak schedule that will not do them too many favors later on. Reserving judgment till a few weekends into conference series.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/latechbsb/status/1631128769627934720?s=46&t=Hb9f15Rn_7Od5XQ_xZHBOQ

Wow LA tech got jobbed

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
If Ole Miss had any honor they’d forfeit

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

tactlessbastard posted:

If Ole Miss had any honor they’d forfeit

Lol they won’t resume play/reschedule the game because they know it’s a win and they avoid losing 2/2 vs LA Tech, no chance they forfeit

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Imagining a future where LaTech gets paired in an Oxford regional and just dust-rolls OM while kicking my feet and giggling

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Imagining a future where LaTech gets paired in an Oxford regional and just dust-rolls OM while kicking my feet and giggling

The more I think about it the more it annoys me so I will join you in hoping for this

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

That's terrible. At least this one was due to weather. In softball the Texas Kentucky game had a designated finish time for some reason. Kentucky got ahead so the Texas Coach did everything in his power to delay the game. The game was called with a 4-4 tie. These rules suck and I'm sure we can find a way to make it better.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

If they had any chest they’d work with tech to reschedule the remaining innings. Barring that the honorable thing to do would be to forfeit that game imho tbqh

E:

https://twitter.com/hailstatebb/status/1631387743052767246?s=46&t=RsOyG16u4IGUb6Fz9Vxrog

Our rotation this weekend. We have pretty swiftly moved our true freshman BHP to Friday starter. Let’s see how that works out

Traitorous Leopard fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 2, 2023

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Doing a great job managing bookmarks, so I'm just crossposting from the 2022 thread lol

LeeMajors posted:

Hope UF can take that series from Miami today. Gators seem to be living and dying by dinger.

Miami three up three down to start GO GATA

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

We’ve now gotten smoked twice in the FRISCO CLASSIC

As you can imagine, the message boards are one fire. We’ve got a ton of talent but it ain’t gonna work for us this year

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Tech is almost a completely new team from last year. Started the season 10-0 vs cupcakes before dropping a close one to Rice. This A&M game tonight will be the real measure of this trans potential.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Gators mercy-ruled the Canes to take the series. Bonerrific.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Tech and A&M played a 16 inning 5+ hour marathon last night which A&M eventually won 4-2.

Had a few questionable decisions by Tadlock during the late innings of the game: Was 2-1 Tech in the 9th with 1 on and 2 outs. Tech's freshman closer walked 3 in a row and 4 total to tie the game. Dunno why you don't bring in someone else after the 1st two walks.

Tech loaded the bases in the 9th themselves, but weren't able to get their guys home. Wasted an out on a fly bunt with players on 1st and 2nd. The A&M pitcher had walked those two guys on base in 9 total pitches. Instead, chased a pitch high and outside and wound up popping the bunt up foul where the 3rd baseman could make a fantastic play. Walked another on base, but ultimately got two out.

Tech had a few more innings with chances, but were never able to get any hits with RISP.

It looks like the game ended with one of the Aggies few hits being then advanced on a wild pitch and then successive errors by Tech's freshman shortstop.

Would have loved the win, but I'm not mad at the loss. A game that deep into extras this early in the season is a wash anyway. Saw a lot of balls hit into the Minute Maid coffin corner (mid-left) which would be HR's in any college park (aside from Omaha), so I'm not worried overmuch about the iffy offense. Tech's got a young team, so weekends like this are good for learning and focus.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I'm surprised they let us play 16 tbh

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

So the balls are definitely juiced this year right

https://twitter.com/HailStateBB/status/1633284609181106176?s=20

dam

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

https://twitter.com/11point7/status/1633299384245837824?s=46&t=l3BNUY1tDwZOYN9ilB4yAg

Amazing play imo

Tennessee wins this game if the base running is better. Boston College is 9-1, little surprise package here in the early season

So the balls are definitely juiced this year right

dam

Videos like this are starting to convince me, yeah

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Evansville at Vandy, 1-1 going to the top of the 16th

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

PotatoJudge posted:

Evansville at Vandy, 1-1 going to the top of the 16th

On the one hand, hell yeah, in the 17th now, almost got a whole second baseball game for free

On the other hand 17 innings for a midweek game sounds downright miserable

Baseball is a land of contrasts

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Entering conference play there are three unbeaten schools still: Alabama, Virginia, and NC State. Setting the Tide aside, we’ll learn a lot about UVA and State from weekend series against UNC and Miami, respectively. Through nonconference, at least, the ACC looks as stacked as it’s ever been; only Clemson has really struggled so far.

elentar posted:

Camels did in fact get ranked and just took a midweek two-gamer at Tulane with Appy St this weekend, so they might stick around

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

elentar posted:

the ACC looks as stacked as it’s ever been; only Clemson has really struggled so far.

Going to be a long season in Tiger Town I'm afraid. Pitching just isn't there this year. Opponents are sitting dead red and no one on the staff has demonstrated getting off speed over for strikes enough to change that. Not sure that's correctable in season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

https://twitter.com/hailstatebb/status/1633946692604293120?s=46&t=RsOyG16u4IGUb6Fz9Vxrog

I hope Lipscomb is prepared,
for the hollow simulacrum whom haunts night’mare