Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Traitorous Leopard posted:

https://twitter.com/hailstatebb/status/1633946692604293120?s=46&t=RsOyG16u4IGUb6Fz9Vxrog

I hope Lipscomb is prepared,
for the hollow simulacrum whom haunts night’mare

Multi time WWE champion Vacant trying his hand at College baseball I see

Also balls definitely juiced

https://twitter.com/kendallrogers/status/1633531496509374464?s=46&t=l3BNUY1tDwZOYN9ilB4yAg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Miss St gotta hit 10 more home runs to unlock their secret pitcher

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Alabama dropped their opener to Columbia and NC State lost at Miami (going down 8-0 early and almost but not quite coming back to lose 9-8), so UVA holds the meaningless distinction of being the last undefeated team after beating UNC today. They'll have to navigate a doubleheader tomorrow to keep going.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

This seems bad

https://twitter.com/11point7/status/1634545884921774081

First pitch is whatever but that second one is… woof

SEC Friday round up

Missouri played a double header with Fayetteville Fan Favorites NJIT and split them. NJIT’s first ever SEC win. They play again Sunday to finish the series. And as mentioned above, #18 Alabama suffered their first loss of the season, 10-7 to Columbia.

A couple of other near upsets as Kentucky needed 10 to get past Southern Illinois 5-4, #6 Florida squeaked a 3-2 win last Siena, and #7 Vanderbilt had to come from behind on LMU to win 2-1.

#8 Arkansas got on Louisiana Tech early and ended up winning 7-4 in a pretty competitive game. Arkansas has been hit with the Pitching Injury bug so it was good to see that pitching was more or less ok.

Everyone else just took care of business. Georgia won 18-9, #3 Tennessee won 23-4, Miss State won 8-2, #15 A&M won 8-1, Auburn won 7-1, #20 South Carolina won 20-3, #1 LSU won 11-1, and #15 Ole Miss won 15-7.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
In a matchup of 2 borderline top 25 teams, Texas Tech demolished Iowa 17-5.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Jac Cags hit two more dingers today and is now halfway to the UF HR record of 26. 18 games in.

Ball is definitely juiced but this guy is an absolute hammer.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

chaoslord posted:

This seems bad

https://twitter.com/11point7/status/1634545884921774081

First pitch is whatever but that second one is… woof

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this poo poo. If you object to the guy telling you where the pitch is, loving toss him, that's an entirely regular and reasonable response. Someone dared to do it to Ichiro Suzuki once, even.

Don't do THAT. That's just declaring that you control the horizontal and the vertical and that the game is yours, not the players'. Hopefully that jackass gets reprimanded for that.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Redeye Flight posted:

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this poo poo. If you object to the guy telling you where the pitch is, loving toss him, that's an entirely regular and reasonable response. Someone dared to do it to Ichiro Suzuki once, even.

Don't do THAT. That's just declaring that you control the horizontal and the vertical and that the game is yours, not the players'. Hopefully that jackass gets reprimanded for that.

Yeah exactly. I think the first pitch was a missed call but it's a decent frame by the catcher and we don't have the best camera angle so it's possible it's one that the bottom dropped off after crossing the plate. Think more likely to be a ball but I think in any given game you can probably find a miss in the neighborhood of that. If you don't like what the batter did, exactly like you said, you can toss him for arguing balls and strikes and that's not really far outside the norm.

But you cant just punch the guy out next pitch. If it's a 30-0 game for 11 year olds and you ring a batter up on this to keep things moving, that's one thing (having only umped a few games that seems wild to me, too, but I've heard stories from more veteran guys about those kind of games). Can't be done at D1 ball though.

He did get reprimanded, which I applaud the conference for swift action. Removed from the rest of the games this weekend and Southland has indefinitely suspended him.

https://twitter.com/SouthlandSports/status/1634641800374763523

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Tech lost its first home game of the season 10-9, but still took 2 of 3 from a ranked Iowa squad, the first two in blowout fashion.

Offensively, this team might actually be better than last year's team with Jung. Defensively and especially on the mound, it's a bit of an adventure.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I know March Madness has taken the country by storm but SEC play started this weekend. There have been some pretty fun games but I think the biggest shock for me has been the Miss State @ Kentucky series. Miss State is a little down right now but they got ran off the park yesterday and today with Kentucky completing a sweep with a 12-3 and 17-3 win to go with a 10 inning game on Friday.

Really don’t know what to think of that

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Bama played Florida close even though we took the series. While the Gator bats are there, with Langford out for months(?) and a pretty leaky bullpen, I think SEC play might undo them pretty hard.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

chaoslord posted:

I know March Madness has taken the country by storm but SEC play started this weekend. There have been some pretty fun games but I think the biggest shock for me has been the Miss State @ Kentucky series. Miss State is a little down right now but they got ran off the park yesterday and today with Kentucky completing a sweep with a 12-3 and 17-3 win to go with a 10 inning game on Friday.

Really don’t know what to think of that

The State message boards know exactly what to think of it lol

We have far from a complete team, but some extremely promising young talent. But having one of our worst years in recent history and then following up with this is pretty bleak. Starting to think myself that Lemonis is Chizik 2.0

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I, uhhh… I might have spoke too soon on most shocking SEC result

I just assumed Tennessee would be rolling against Mizzou but they got swept in CoMo, closest game was 7-4

Ole Miss also got swept but it was @ Vandy so more understandable. That said closest game was 7-2

Don’t know that there is gonna be an easy out this year, maybe Georgia?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Tech took 2 from OSU in Lubbock this weekend. A 10 inning walkoff comeback on Friday, got whallopped on Saturday and run-ruled them on Sunday. Not a bad weekend.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

https://twitter.com/cespedesbbq/status/1638629589307064325?s=46&t=l3BNUY1tDwZOYN9ilB4yAg

Not looking forward to having to deal with him in BR this weekend

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

First time through the Arkansas order by LSU pitcher Skenes: 0-9, 5 K, 2 FO, 1 PO, 1 LO. 31 pitches.

I am trying not to overreact but Skenes might be the best pitcher I have ever seen in a college baseball game. Good lord. I know Arkansas has managed to get a 1-0 lead but I think if LSU scores 2 the games over, I dont see how we will get a second run.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

This game is incredible. Windows open. Good battle.

Hope UF can make some waves against Ole Miss this weekend :ohdear:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

OH poo poo

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Christian Little's terrible horrible very bad day

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

What in the world

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Losing by 8 in extra innings lmao

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

tactlessbastard posted:

Losing by 8 in extra innings lmao

I went into meetings right at the start of extras lmao what happened

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

chaoslord posted:

I went into meetings right at the start of extras lmao what happened

Their reliever walked at least two in a row,* then we brought in a pinch hitter who cranked a three run shot, filled the bases again with at least one more walk and an HBP, Stovall gets a sac RBI, bases loaded again, Diggs cranks a grand slam, hogs go up 9-1.

Smith gives up a 2 run HR in the bottom of the 10th but gets two more K's, finishes the game, hogs win 9-3.

Against #1's ace starter at home ayyyyy lmao

*I think at the point we hit the 3 run HR the reliever had pitched 9 or 10 straight balls

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

lol RIP miss st

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
tech and texas are in a battle. 3-2 ut in the 8th. cmon, tech, pull the opener out

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

lol RIP miss st

Hey at least it's funny

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
McEntire is having a real one today

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Hey at least it's funny

I had to double check that it wasn’t some direction school and I was missing an E or a SW or something. Wild.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

18-5 today. Don’t call it a comeback

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

UF took the doubleheader and the series today from Ole Miss on the road.

Jac Cags tacked on three more dingers today, up to 16.

He’s on the hill tomorrow to bid for the sweep GO GATA

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LeeMajors posted:

Jac Cags tacked on three more dingers today, up to 16.

And hit #17 in his first AB today.

Someone’s going to find a hole in his swing eventually, but holy poo poo.

UF HR record is 26. Definitely within reach.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

https://twitter.com/funderburk/status/1640092146022621186?s=46&t=RsOyG16u4IGUb6Fz9Vxrog

I laughed

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
🧹🧹🧹

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

The Mississippi SEC schools are 0-12 to start SEC play and I can’t help but feel partially responsible as I look at the thread title

Arkansas stole Game 1 and LSU just beat the heck out of us Games 2 and 3. They are scary. I don’t know if the Tigers will lose a series this year.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

I like to imagine OM is on the same trajectory as we were. The worst is yet to come.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
TTU collapsed in the 8th against UT on Friday and then got walked off 2 nights in a row Saturday and Sunday, both times after coming back to tie it in the 9th. Those sting.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Tennessees next few series are

@LSU
Florida
@Arky
Vandy

Big yikes

Hitting has gotten better with lineup changes but pitching is still suspect. Could see losing all series just as much as winning all of them. But I feel like at least we’ll get spanked by LSU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Skenes is too good

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Joey Freshwater posted:

Skenes is too good

:emptyquote:

Also: just a disaster of an 8th inning for the Vols

https://twitter.com/11point7/status/1641632758664425472?s=46&t=l3BNUY1tDwZOYN9ilB4yAg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

Skenes is too good

83 K’s to 8 walks on the season what the gently caress