Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

JOHN CENA posted:

When I was putting the vote split together to keep both Anarc and Tmor in the game,

grammatical correction here, should be When I was putting the Snooze vote together during the vote split to keep both Anarc and Tmor in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

PhantomMuzzles posted:

DBD: It’s true you had to play from the bottom right after the merge when your allies were voted out. But then you continued to play that way. Even at TCs where yours was the deciding vote, you were choosing between two other people’s plans. If you were only going along with Cena and Kdowns’s plans for the sake of survival, why do you think you deserve to beat them?

Hello, PMuzz! Thank you for the tough question.

The thing is, in my head, I was still lacking info on a lot of things and I could've easily saw myself voted out if people went out in a different order. I took the lead on Cat going out not because I wanted Cat out necessarily, but because I didn't know her link with the rest of the game at that moment. In the same vein as the Studio vote, the known quantity of Anarc and Cat was less scary to me than the unknown flip of Studio. So, the known quantity of Kdowns and Cena was something I could take advantage of if I showed them they could trust me first. I do not think that was their plan, as I floated the name earlier, and specifically asked both "If I give you a name, would you guys say it?" - I didn't know their true relationship with Cat, so it was a gamble. I knew where everybody was voting on that vote out.

I already felt I had trust with you before that, even if yours was waning with me. And Anarc, as much as I enjoyed playing this game with them, we never talked much game at the level of any other players, so it was a bit of an easy decision to benefit from their closeness versus choosing you and Anarc.

Also, the Tmor flip itself, I actually gave Tmor a chance to save himself since I knew the situation beforehand as well, so it wasn't necessarily a thing where I was saving kdowns at all odds, or I would've flipped at the first vote. I was very open to many different avenues until extremely late in the game.

I think why I deserve to beat them over it is because I feel like I used their closeness as a benefit to my game, threw out plans that I had that weren't concocted from them, while still potentially giving me other ways forward. I'm happy that kdowns saw my move as something that benefited him, but truthfully, kdowns going out because of his closeness with Cena was a great thing for me, as was Tmor going home because of him targeting you and Cat, who I considered closest with at the time.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Hello final 3. It's good to see you all.

First, a question for all 3 players. The criteria I value for picking a winner is: social game, challenge performance, and gameplay. Name one thing for each of these criteria that shows why you should be the winner over the others.

kdowns:

kdowns posted:

Cena would be this one. As this is the character I feel like would have to have his hand held through certain situations because he doesn't know how to get himself out of situations and needs help to do so, and lets others do all the heavy work while he tries to take all the credit.

It really feels like you threw Cena under the bus here. Do you truly believe that you had to hold his hand through tough situations in the game and that he did no work while trying to take the credit? If you don't genuinely believe that, why say it now? Do you think throwing your teammate under the bus may get you votes?

Cena:

We formed an alliance at the beginning (maple) which I'm learning now was never a real alliance for you. Looking back on our conversations where you claim to have never lied to me and always told me what you were going to do... Was I the only person you attempted to manipulate this way or were you attempting to puppeteer everyone?

Dbd:

You did a good job of appearing to be a paranoid loner when you apparently had a final 3 alliance. Do you feel that you actually held that role, or were you acting?

kdowns
Jan 18, 2023

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

First, a question for all 3 players. The criteria I value for picking a winner is: social game, challenge performance, and gameplay. Name one thing for each of these criteria that shows why you should be the winner over the others.

kdowns:

It really feels like you threw Cena under the bus here. Do you truly believe that you had to hold his hand through tough situations in the game and that he did no work while trying to take the credit? If you don't genuinely believe that, why say it now? Do you think throwing your teammate under the bus may get you votes?

Challenge performance is pretty self explanatory here, as I have won the most individual challenges, and helped led challenges such as Codenames in which I was the Spymaster for this challenge, and was able to use the information of tribemates hobbies to give them clues that would lead them to the right cards.

Because I am slightly am throwing Cena under the bus here. There were a few Tribal Councils where Cena would message me that he is following what I am doing because he trusts me and believes in what I have stored that he would do what I do. Also if you really need more evidence on who actually led the Snooze vote, just look in the Bao group chat between the Four us that would corroborate my side of the story over Cenas as to who was the driving factor behind the Snooze vote. The main reason why I am going to keep bringing this up because he keeps trying to claim this as his when he was just a long with the ride for this.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

You did a good job of appearing to be a paranoid loner when you apparently had a final 3 alliance. Do you feel that you actually held that role, or were you acting?

I'm not sure whether to take that as a compliment or not, :blush:, but I will outright admit that my paranoia at the beginning part of this game was out of this world. Especially after the Cat idol play, the Studio vote, and seeing Snooze go home.

I definitely did a mix of acting this game. My nerves calmed down sometime after the Sal vote, because I just had to accept the absurdity of every Coco going home and see where the winds took me. I felt a growing connection with Cena, Cat and I talked all the time, and PMuzz I was very comfortable with, so the paranoia had died down a bit at that point.

But yes, at some point, there was a final three alliance that I accepted and only felt comfortable with after I saw that I was saved back, after saving both of them. Before that, and you will see postgame, I was very open to so many avenues of moving forward. But I wasn't about to spill certain aspects of my social game for other people to exploit it.

I've been naive in enough of these games to believe everything blindly, so I wasn't 100% sure of the alliance being a sure bet, but I had to keep it under wraps, just like I tried to keep my closeness with other people under wraps until it wasn't possible anymore.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Cena:

We formed an alliance at the beginning (maple) which I'm learning now was never a real alliance for you. Looking back on our conversations where you claim to have never lied to me and always told me what you were going to do... Was I the only person you attempted to manipulate this way or were you attempting to puppeteer everyone?

My social game, I tried to reach out and form bonds with everyone. The one thing I didn't want going into this was to be a gamebot or someone who was just out to use people. I wanted to form these relationships, I wanted to talk to and get to know everyone, but it was also to help network myself so I could at least position myself to be able to see where everyone was at to get a strong game sense from people on an individual basis. The only jurors I felt I didn't get enough time to try to talk to were Snooze and Sighence. Snooze, we go back a LONG time. We just didn't have enough time post merge to catch up and talk beyond TJPW and really reconnect. Sighence, we just weren't on the same page and never got to have that strong of a relationship. I do regret that, I always enjoyed seeing you in the Survivor GDTs. I do think my social game stands up on its own here.

I've outlined my gameplay in my opening speech. A lot of my gameplay was tied into my social relationships and maneuvering those relationships to get to the results I wanted. I maintain that I played an integral part in the blindsides of Snooze, 3DH, and Cat. I know claim is disputed in the first one, I don't know why Kdowns seems to see himself as the sole arbiter of that move when there are three other players that can vouch for how that went down, and the Cat vote was absolutely only done because of (At least my at the time perceived) DBD's insecurity of how to proceed in that vote.

Challenge performance, I don't really have anything to bring home in that regard. I was AWFUL at the challenges. I came in second only once. But I'm still here. I never had the convenience of immunity. I kept my rear end safe through the bonds I formed in this game and I maintain that to this end.

My issue with Maple isn't that it wasn't ever a real alliance, it's just that I felt like I formed a closer bond with Studio and Kdowns early and I just felt more comfortable going down that road where I felt like I had two strong confidants, rather than an alliance where I had a feeling like I was fourth in an alliance of four. Me telling you I wasn't lying to you wasn't manipulation. If it was, I wouldn't have told you straight up at the end where I was voting. I wanted to play this game strategically, but I didn't want to lie to people's faces if I could avoid it for the sake of lying. You didn't figure into my end game, no. I guess I see how it feels like you were led on if I kept telling you that after the fact when I knew I wasn't taking you to the end. I'm sorry that's how it came out and I guess unintentionally was. I truly didn't want to hurt anyone. I own that and I apologize.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Dbd Don't forget to answer this part ❤️

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

We're not going to stop the line of questions but if you do miss things, feel free to add them as we go along.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
DBD: yo whats up my man, dbd. congrats on getting top 3. i know that you had played a bit before. anyway, are you happy with how you played? if you win this, how you played this game will be your winning legacy... did you come into this game intending to play this way to get into the end or was it just fluke and luck that got you this far?

KDOWNS: kdowns... congrats on getting top 3. i wanna feel happy for you but in retrospect i feel a bit used... considering that i burned my own chances on winning by not flipping onto you on the week that i left. am i wrong in thinking that my loyalty was onesided and i was simply just a pawn to you, a stepping stone to toss aside on weeks that you needed a safety net?

JOHN CENA: cena, congrats on getting to top 3. did you feel like your reputation as a previous host carried you through the game? because from some POVs, it seems like you kinda sat on the sidelines while kdowns was making all the social game sacrifices and gameplay moves in order to keep any votes away from your direction. And on our chat before my elimination, was your fretting about how you expected that you would be leaving after me real or was it just an act so I would not swing and vote kdowns out?

Question to Cena and Kdowns: at the end, it seems like you only had true loyalty to each other and DBD was the tag along that you dragged along because you knew that DBD would probably throw his vote if you betrayed his trust. Is DBD your intended GOAT or am I misreading the situation?

anyway, side question to all of you, but did you have fun?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

I am so sorry. My work had a deadline at this time so I am not ignoring things on purpose or trying to short change anybody, my head is just everywhere while trying to answer everybody truthfully and give thought out responses to great questions.

Gameplay: I made several (unfun) blindsides to enhance my game further and make it to the end. I saved two of the people sitting here, and in turn, they saved me as well. That's a great return on investment.

Challenge performance: I won a Jackbox challenge which was really loving hard, came 2nd maybe three times, and beat Sal in the head to head :p and helped in team challenges.

Social game: I made friends with people that I think (and hope) will last outside of this game, but more importantly in the game, I pivoted myself to go in so many directions forward with so many different people and wasn't reliant until I accepted a final three alliance and actually proved it. I took complete control of my social agency when I was put in the position to have control, other times I sat back and let things unfold.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

JOHN CENA: cena, congrats on getting to top 3. did you feel like your reputation as a previous host carried you through the game? because from some POVs, it seems like you kinda sat on the sidelines while kdowns was making all the social game sacrifices and gameplay moves in order to keep any votes away from your direction. And on our chat before my elimination, was your fretting about how you expected that you would be leaving after me real or was it just an act so I would not swing and vote kdowns out?

Question to Cena and Kdowns: at the end, it seems like you only had true loyalty to each other and DBD was the tag along that you dragged along because you knew that DBD would probably throw his vote if you betrayed his trust. Is DBD your intended GOAT or am I misreading the situation?

I don't think my rep as a host carried me through, I think my relationships, making sure to talk with as many people as I could, and willingness to work with people from vote to vote was what got me through. My talks to you about my concern of me leaving after you were real, and as we could see from the next two votes, they were well founded. I might have been overreacting, but tribal nights always made me nervous. Still, I never made a move out of pure panic. It wasn't an act or a manipulation, and I also had no idea you would have taken a shot at Kdowns until you said so just now. Would you really have?

DBD being brought in was my move after formalizing talks with him at the merge. We didn't outright align together from the start, but we made an arrangement to watch out for each other specifically. When I brought him in for Final three, it was for two main reasons, one strategic, and one personal. Strategically, I felt like I could trust him more than I would ultimately be able to trust anyone else outside of Kdowns in this game. I knew from his prior games that he's loyal to people who are loyal to him and that's exactly the kind of person I wanted with me at the end, even at the risk of losing votes his way. Personally, I was host for a number of seasons DBD was a player in, and I always felt he was sorely underrated and kind of a low key legend in this game. I always personally felt bad about his exit at the Final Two fakeout where he made the Final Three but didn't make the end, and internally this olive branch felt like my way of righting that wrong.

This game is the most fun I have ever had. There was a period where my job became very difficult and it bled into how I was playing and feeling and my depression was starting to creep in. But I did what I could to shove that down and swallow it and focus on the best aspects. This game has been wild with SO many bombastic tribals, the challenges and twists were a blast, the woods was SO creatively thought out and integrated, I look to the friends I've made and yeah, it was a lot of fun. I hope to talk to you after the game Tmor.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Tired Moritz posted:

DBD: yo whats up my man, dbd. congrats on getting top 3. i know that you had played a bit before. anyway, are you happy with how you played? if you win this, how you played this game will be your winning legacy... did you come into this game intending to play this way to get into the end or was it just fluke and luck that got you this far?

Sup Tmor. I regret not interacting with you more, but hey, in these games, things happen!

I am happy with how I played. I think my biggest thing late game was getting a challenge win after being so close for so long, and making some risky moves that paid off at the end while trying to find the best way forward without going home 4th or 5th. I sought to have more social influence once again after watching so many Coco go home. My game was like a wave this game. A hot start, ready to make moves and big plays, settling down because dynamics changed, and I couldn't be Jon Snow fighting an entire army, and then once again making moves at the end again.

I don't think I came in trying to play a specific way, but I accomplished my goal of making it to the end. I think I played solidly in all areas of the game, which is also what I wanted to accomplish and feel like I did a decent job at. It's drat hard to make the final 3 of two different Survivors, so I'm glad I did that.

Tired Moritz posted:

Also I will address this, even if it's not to me, but I don't feel like a GOAT at all in these scenarios. It was definitely a two-way street of trust and respect. The alliance was mutually beneficial at the end, but I never talked to either of them really in depth about the game until.. probably after the Sal vote? Some early with Cena, and then more with kdowns later. And just like they had controlled my destiny late in the game, I also controlled theirs. I even left the door open for you in the scenario of you potentially not going home. And I did try to warn you that your name was being thrown out there by people you might consider your close with, so I was basically a wild card for most of the game, as Cena touched on with me not trusting many people at different times.

If I had some secret alliance the entire game with them, to kind of chill and rest my laurels on, I can see that being an accurate description, but it was far from the truth, from my eyes. Especially after being in control of my fate with who I would move forward with multiple times.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
And I had a ton of fun!

kdowns
Jan 18, 2023

Tired Moritz posted:

KDOWNS: kdowns... congrats on getting top 3. i wanna feel happy for you but in retrospect i feel a bit used... considering that i burned my own chances on winning by not flipping onto you on the week that i left. am i wrong in thinking that my loyalty was onesided and i was simply just a pawn to you, a stepping stone to toss aside on weeks that you needed a safety net?

Please do not feel like I used you because I didn't you were someone who's connection I cared about, and I fought like hell to work with you and keep you protected until there was a time that I couldn't do it anymore at the cost of my own game. I had loyalty to you also, especially since it seem not that many people were showing any loyalty to you which I thought was unfair, because the more we got to talk the more I enjoyed our conversations that we had with each other. So when people started to target you , thats why I would let you know that those things were happening.

I had loyalty to others, I had a loyalty to DBD even before he saved me, though him saving me did help cement that support that loyalty in him, because had he not done so I wouldn't be here right now.

I did have a lot of fun, even if things are becoming new to me in the grand scheme of things during this FTC, I have been having fun this entire game and I will continue to do so. Especially with all the twists and turns that I am seeing coming out of this game that I didn't expect to happen. Even getting to the end is more than exciting for me.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The question is for all three players.

I kind of pride myself in being a villain of sorts. Or at least having shades of villainy. But being a villain doesn't necessarily mean being evil - it's a wide gamut of actions and intentions that can encompass a Bad Guy. With that said, I am looking towards not your most honest and open moment but your most shrewd moment. That time where you were truly sneaky beaky. What do you consider to be a "lowlight" of your game that benefited you greatly while negatively impacting others? If you consider yourself to be a true angel, then what was your moment where you suffered because you couldn't deviate from your values?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I kind of pride myself in being a villain of sorts. Or at least having shades of villainy. But being a villain doesn't necessarily mean being evil - it's a wide gamut of actions and intentions that can encompass a Bad Guy. With that said, I am looking towards not your most honest and open moment but your most shrewd moment. That time where you were truly sneaky beaky. What do you consider to be a "lowlight" of your game that benefited you greatly while negatively impacting others? If you consider yourself to be a true angel, then what was your moment where you suffered because you couldn't deviate from your values?

I think my villain moment was probably selling Cat on me being okay with Kdowns going while not willing to vote for him when I knew I was going to vote her out. It positioned my final three in a 3 out of 5 situation following it and helped me and DBD come closer together. I also think sniping you was a little bit of a villain move on my end for how I went about it and initially left Kdowns in the dark on it until word got to him and he wound up being okay with it. Also I never told anyone but when Sal had his reaction to Spokes being blindsided, I passed on my gift card to Adus for the woods so he could try to get himself an Idol (he was obviously not successful, this was a small shneaky shneaky by me), then asked kdowns for his gift card after, which as it turns out he was going to do on his own anyway when we later talked. I still dunno how that helped him out.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Oh, I had quite a few. I'm not necessarily proud of it. I touched upon some of them in the intro but:

Obviously partially feeling responsible for both Sighence and Snooze in multiple degrees. While I do think things/voteouts would've happened regardless, I feel like my misplays or challenge uses put the target on them. Not necessarily beneficial to my game, but I didn't feel angel-like after blunders or challenge uses.

Blindsiding both Studio and Cat. Studio I felt very bad for Studio, because he seemed down to work with us, but I just felt very.. kind of threatened at the time the night before the vote out. I couldn't live with that paranoia, so I threw out a move to Sighence and Snooze that I quite frankly didn't know if it would benefit us or not.

I didn't think I would ever do it to Cat, at all. I couldn't sleep for two nights after. There was a shade of coyness I was getting from her that I hadn't gotten to prior, and I started thinking.. "What if Cat is really close to Bao?" "What if Anarc and Pmuzz are also talking more to Cat?" I had heard of a lot of people enjoying their convos with Cat, and I know just how shrewd and good at this game that Cat is, so while we never had an explicit finals alliance, I did promise her I wouldn't write her name.. and then wrote down her name. That felt lovely.

Lying to PMuzz and Anarc.. twice about my vote. I had let PMuzz know before the 2nd one because of being very close in the game and not wanting to do it twice, but the damage was done.

So yeah, there's a lot.

kdowns
Jan 18, 2023

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I think the most evil or sneaky I was, was during the round you were eliminated. I know that you and I had been talking about the possibility of voting for Cat that round, and so much to using your steal vote from Cat, and using that information to my advantage. So I had taken the information that I had about you being the one who had leaked to me about the split vote the round that Snooze was voted out, and begun to spread that around to help establish distrust in you. I know that there was a group of 5 people for this round that I wasn't included in because of the fear of a tight pact between You, Me, and Tmor. I ultimately wanted to keep Cat safe that round, because I felt like Cat would do the same thing for me if situation arised later in the game, and it did so that very next round.

There was also the situation with Adus, and Cena giving Adus his voucher from the Rock challenge, and me already giving Cena my voucher to help cover this because we were secretly hoping that Adus would have found an advantage when he went into the woods the round that he was voted out.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

kdowns ; https://youtube.com/shorts/mJXL6rbIYX4?feature=share

dbd: https://youtube.com/shorts/UzTK9nM-96w?feature=share

cena: https://youtube.com/shorts/Gb3_07fn1MM?feature=share

text (not exact but at least as good because I can't do basic public speaking faux pas in text)

Kdowns: Keeping DBD as the sole remaining coco on a largely coco jury is a huge gamble. Why did you do it?

DBD: You were the tinfoil hat emoji this whole game. How much of that was an act? Do you think it's why you're here or did you use it as cover for other plans? last minute addition: Yeah you've answered this, tell me more, go into detail about especially after I left, my question got stolen and I did not wear tinfoil on my head in public for nothing.

Cena: Much like your namesake I didn't see your game. That is of course largely circumstantial but ultimately unlike the other two I don't know exactly why you're here. Tell me.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sighence posted:

kdowns ; https://youtube.com/shorts/mJXL6rbIYX4?feature=share

dbd: https://youtube.com/shorts/UzTK9nM-96w?feature=share

cena: https://youtube.com/shorts/Gb3_07fn1MM?feature=share

text (not exact but at least as good because I can't do basic public speaking faux pas in text)

Kdowns: Keeping DBD as the sole remaining coco on a largely coco jury is a huge gamble. Why did you do it?

DBD: You were the tinfoil hat emoji this whole game. How much of that was an act? Do you think it's why you're here or did you use it as cover for other plans? last minute addition: Yeah you've answered this, tell me more, go into detail about especially after I left, my question got stolen and I did not wear tinfoil on my head in public for nothing.

Cena: Much like your namesake I didn't see your game. That is of course largely circumstantial but ultimately unlike the other two I don't know exactly why you're here. Tell me.

I mentioned it before, but keeping DBD in the fold was my move, not Kdowns. I formed the relationship with him early merge that led to me asking DBD to be in a final 3. This i did without Kdowns prior knowledge btw and it was a constant juggling act keeping these two's mistrust of each other in check. Is it risky to form a final three with two people and tell them oh hey btdubs we're linked up, yeah it is. But it was important to me to get that done early to ensure we had a path moving forward. A lot of my game wasn't just forming it, but keeping it together and maintaining it and making sure they didn't try to make a move against the other while preventing the other from sniping me. In fact, I think it went without a lot of credit but I think a large part of the reason this final three got to where it was, was Anarc telling kdowns not to vote me out or betray me after he won final immunity, something he told me himself he was toying with.

You and I didn't get the chance to talk too much in this game. I feel bad about that. I'm not gonna sit here and insult your intelligence and tell you you should vote for me. I do hope everything i've answered and explained thus far shows the game that I did play, but I know you were very close with Deadbeat Dad and I don't hold that against you if you vote for him to win. My game was predicated on the social lines I made as everything went on and using that to position myself and my personal interests in getting to the end here. That's as best as I can sum it up in once sentence. I hope you can respect it.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Sighence posted:

I spit out laughing at the tinfoil. I'm very sorry that you became a target because of me. Like I mentioned earlier, if I felt that I was 100% safe that night and that I didn't hear your name from multiple people that I was talking to, I would've stayed and tried to be an extra vote on your side, but the state of the game of leaking info, potential alliances from the people we got separated from, etc, made things tricky. I tried to give you as much info as I could on who to stick by and just be an extra vote for, but I couldn't guarantee my own safety there.

But yeah, I had good reason to be paranoid for part of the game: The surprise idol usage on Spokes, Studio flipping easily (this one was 100% on me, and I will take full responsibility of it being potentially unfounded) - but it also turns out that Studio was part of an alliance with Cena, which Cena had let me know about - so there was some smoke there, then the entirety of the Snooze blindside, etc.

I didn't not join alliance rooms for 3 rounds for no reason. I was flying solo dolo.

It's also just from playing in so many of these games. I know how amazing and mysterious Cat is, who I considered the person I spoke the most to, so even that was a scary proposition. I know how good Sal and Pmuzz are in general, 3DH and his Filipino villain ways! Tmor being a wildcard! Anarc being a wildcard! Just so many players honestly that are threats at so many different parts of Survivor that the paranoia wasn't for show or an act. I've been on the side of a few blindsides, one extremely late in the game where there was a final 2, so yeah, it definitely was real for a large part of the game.

Later on, if my paranoia showed itself more.. it wasn't intentional. It didn't exist as much because I figured it wouldn't really help to overthink things. But I was sharing less with certain people and keeping certain away from players because it benefited my game.

kdowns
Jan 18, 2023

Sighence posted:

Because I am a gambling man. I liked going against the odds and continuing to prevail over all the odds in the game, it's how I got here. The statistical chances of me getting here to the end was very very low, but against all odds I made it here. There were definitely some sub optimal decisions along the way that I got punished with but ultimately it worked out. There were chances that I took that did pay off for me.

I know this is being discredited but Cena I don't think realized how close Dad and I got by talking with each other and "Speaking out loud" to each other and we were bouncing off a lot of ideas with. Also with Cat vote I took a chance on trusting Dad and it turned out to work. I also never distrusted Dad either, we did have a canary type of relationship at first.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Please read/listen to both before responding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzq50mbBRTw

First off:
Congratulations, all three of you. You worked hard and played hard, and that led to this final 3. Now.

kdowns:
I'll be honest. To me, it really seems like I saved your rear end in this game twice, when you didn't have a clue either time. I could be wrong -- you and Cena could have been hella tight way back on original bao, but this is my perception. I'd love to get your perspective on the early days of bao and why you think you survived the first two votes of this game.

DBD:
what was I to you in this game? I genuinely don't understand. We had a lot of really, really good conversations after the swap. You saw how I put myself out there both as a person and as a player in this game, and I thought that we really connected. You protected me at the studio vote, and I protected you in the early days of the merge. You even told me about your alliance with kdowns and Cena (surprise, you two!) but then... you lied to me and voted me out the next day. I really want to know why you did that, and what I was to you in this game.

cena:
The whole reason the final 7 went down the way it did is because I didn't want to blindside you, basically. Anarc and I had that whole thing, and frankly, there's a very good argument that I should've just gone gently caress it, and voted kdowns out. If that happens, I'm really curious what your thoughts on are how you would have moved forward in the game, if you can share.

But what I really, really want to discuss is the "canadian alliance" rumour that you spread to me. You told me, way, way back on old bao, that Phantom knew about our alliance. Anarc's alliance, that they started on day 1. Maple. Called it a Canadian alliance. I believed you, didn't say anything to Phantom at the merge so she wouldn't know how close we were... and you just wrote it all off as a miscommunication. Now I go to the jury, and I ask Phantom. And... I think you know what I hear back. That she didn't say anything! So. I don't know if you've been making up lies in the background all game, if this was the only one. I don't know if it's a genuine miscommunication. I just want you to completely honestly, explain why you told me that on old Bao, and if you've been making up stories all season long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuNknQIrJZM

just so y'all know, I ended up having to make another video during this Final Tribal Council, your opening statements answered a lot of questions I had. Feel free to still answer the first set if you feel they still deserve an answer.
kdowns: Do you think you had a social connection with me? I feel like I learned more about you as a person looking at the shelves behind you in your videos than in any of our conversations during the game.

dbd: What was it that you wanted to hear from me? Did you ask me something that I didn't respond adequately to? Please, fill me in on why it was a good idea to remove the person you'd spoken with the most strategically.

cena: You said, in your own words, that you offered me up at the final 6. Why should I offer you my vote now if you were willing to hang me out to dry like that?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

curiousCat posted:

What was I to you in this game? I genuinely don't understand. We had a lot of really, really good conversations after the swap. You saw how I put myself out there both as a person and as a player in this game, and I thought that we really connected. You protected me at the studio vote, and I protected you in the early days of the merge. You even told me about your alliance with kdowns and Cena (surprise, you two!) but then... you lied to me and voted me out the next day. I really want to know why you did that, and what I was to you in this game.

A lot of it will be answerable post-game when you can read my thought processes and chat, but it was the hardest decision I had to make. I'll go more in depth with your second question because I think it allows me to answer it. But, yes! You were the one person I talked the most non-game stuff with, the one I had intentions of looking out for until the end or as long as I could, and I really appreciated our bond after being against each other for so many of these games. A lot of it was because of being unlucky of starting alliances, but let's be honest - I also had quite a bit of reason to be hesitant and fearful, just as you did with me in terms of thinking I may not be able to connect with you on a certain level, etc.

But you meant a lot to me this game. If it felt like I used you, that was not my intention at all. I felt like it was a move I had to make at the time I made it, and there was not much more to it other than being unsure about your exact position in the game. I had to take my feelings out of the game for a second and do a move that I didn't want to do.

But yeah, you already know how much fun I had talking to you about everything. I definitely hope that continues post-game.

curiousCat posted:

What was it that you wanted to hear from me? Did you ask me something that I didn't respond adequately to? Please, fill me in on why it was a good idea to remove the person you'd spoken with the most strategically.

I think part of it was you being busy getting tattooed (which was a great tattoo by the way), but the night before I was still very unsure about original Baobab with Cena-you-Anarc. You had voted the same as Cena and kdowns (I think?) on every vote, and I would have to scroll back, but basically a lot of answers seemed short or like, "I'll see what I can do" sort of answers that didn't give me the comfort I once felt. On the flip side, Cena was coming to me throwing out final 3 questions and being a bit more forthcoming in terms of some questions, so even if it wasn't your intention to feel mysterious or short with me, on my side, it felt that way. And I didn't want to beg you to reply a certain way. Hell, I wasn't entirely sure who you were voting for that night until Anarc told me. I also didn't know where you stood with Anarc, and me and Anarc weren't talking much game, so as much as it seemed adversarial, I also know how closely you have worked in the past. There were just a lot of question marks that made you an unknown factor in the game, versus a clearer picture elsewhere.

I didn't know if it would work strategically at all, but I felt compelled to put my trust elsewhere because of all of those factors, whether it made sense or not.

kdowns
Jan 18, 2023

curiousCat posted:

kdowns:
I'll be honest. To me, it really seems like I saved your rear end in this game twice, when you didn't have a clue either time. I could be wrong -- you and Cena could have been hella tight way back on original bao, but this is my perception. I'd love to get your perspective on the early days of bao and why you think you survived the first two votes of this game.

kdowns: Do you think you had a social connection with me? I feel like I learned more about you as a person looking at the shelves behind you in your videos than in any of our conversations during the game.

I know of the one time that you saved my rear end which was the round that Tmor was voted out, but I am unaware the second time and that isn't me discrediting you. I really have no recollection of that unless it was in the early Bao rounds. I had a really strong connection in the early Bao rounds with Studio and Cena, that I thought helped me surviving the early Bao rounds. I think that Dervino's inactivity in the first vote that we had really helped, and Sally was a little bit shifty in the round that he was voted out, even though I enjoyed that conversation and also that early group that was formed between You, Me, and Sally, which in reality was early conversations to help start collecting information on the woods.

I thought I did, or at least felt like I did when we talked about the Early League of Legends days, and the couple of things we talked in private out side of the game, because of privacy reasons. Also when talking about the Smash scene, I do wish we did get to talk to each other more. That's something I fell short on with a lot of people because in my brain, I do not know how to handle conversations 1 on 1 most of the time, unless I have a really strong interest that we share. I am sorry that my social anxiety probably did get the worse of me at times and probably negatively affected my ability to have conversations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

curiousCat posted:

Please read/listen to both before responding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzq50mbBRTw

First off:
Congratulations, all three of you. You worked hard and played hard, and that led to this final 3. Now.

kdowns:

cena:
The whole reason the final 7 went down the way it did is because I didn't want to blindside you, basically. Anarc and I had that whole thing, and frankly, there's a very good argument that I should've just gone gently caress it, and voted kdowns out. If that happens, I'm really curious what your thoughts on are how you would have moved forward in the game, if you can share.

But what I really, really want to discuss is the "canadian alliance" rumour that you spread to me. You told me, way, way back on old bao, that Phantom knew about our alliance. Anarc's alliance, that they started on day 1. Maple. Called it a Canadian alliance. I believed you, didn't say anything to Phantom at the merge so she wouldn't know how close we were... and you just wrote it all off as a miscommunication. Now I go to the jury, and I ask Phantom. And... I think you know what I hear back. That she didn't say anything! So. I don't know if you've been making up lies in the background all game, if this was the only one. I don't know if it's a genuine miscommunication. I just want you to completely honestly, explain why you told me that on old Bao, and if you've been making up stories all season long.

I wanna address your question to kdowns here, me and studio early on both worked at protecting him early on. We weren't sure yet how tight we would/had the capacity to become, but we felt we had the better relationship with him than we did D-Doom and Sally, and we both in our three person room with you made our pitches accordingly not directly saying oh lets save kdowns, but just kind of putting the focus on those other two.

If you would have said gently caress it and gone and voted out Kdowns, that would have been a big blow to me. I would have done what I could to recover, most likely I would have tried to loop you and anarc back in and try to patch things up there while still bringing in DBD, but realistically I do think that if Kdowns goes back then, it becomes a lot easier to just write me off as well. I don't know exactly how things shake out if that happens. I do think that anarc and pm probably would have at some point next made a move on to you, but I'm not them and it isn't fair for me to speculate how they could have done things in this alternative theoretical outcome. I do think I would have game wise moved in closer with you even with him going. Vengeance isn't something I hold on to or use as a motivator.

The Canadian thing really and truly was a miscommunication and misunderstanding. I don't know why Phantom told you that nothing was said, that's absolutely untrue, because when we went to the woods and were talking about each others tribes and perceptions, she absolutely fingered myself, adus, anarc, and yourself as an alliance. A lot of it was a combination of early game paranoia and her coincidentally nailing our alliance. I'm putting our friendship on that, that happened, you'll be able to see for yourself in the Confessionals and Woods Documents when the game is over, that all absolutely happened in mine and phantom's communication. I don't make a habit of just wildly making poo poo up, I mean almost every move I made in this game I at least told someone ahead of time or filled people in on it as needed so I could operate with as much transparency as possible. I know that talk sounds cheap but it is the honest to god's truth. It was only after we swapped that I talked to her and she told me no that nobody said anything about it, that it was just a perception the tribe had that we would align, and when I talked to DBD and PM in a group chat post merge where we tried to square things out it came up again and was verified that nobody leaked anything and it was perception. Again, I don't know why phantom said nothing, i can't speak for her, but it's all out there.

quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuNknQIrJZM

just so y'all know, I ended up having to make another video during this Final Tribal Council, your opening statements answered a lot of questions I had. Feel free to still answer the first set if you feel they still deserve an answer.

dbd: What was it that you wanted to hear from me? Did you ask me something that I didn't respond adequately to? Please, fill me in on why it was a good idea to remove the person you'd spoken with the most strategically.

cena: You said, in your own words, that you offered me up at the final 6. Why should I offer you my vote now if you were willing to hang me out to dry like that?

It was difficult. I didn't want to do it. I wanted to go after who I thought the biggest threat in the game was at the time in Phantom, but DBD was unwilling to move. I asked if we could go Anarc, but he was equally unwilling. This put me in a tough spot because it meant I either couldn't have the Final Three that I had worked so hard to put together, or I would have to get rid of someone that I felt I had a close relationship in this game in you. Not just that, but Kdowns and I had become so, so tight and close friends throughout this game. The only two options in front of me sucked and I didn't want to put in a half measure that cost me both of you. I hated that position but I was already fully invested in going forward with DBD and Kdowns, so I felt if I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it from a position where I'm making the move actively, instead of just meekly following someone's lead. You already know what I think of you as a player Cat, I have so much respect for you, but I don't think there's a world where our games align with both of us at the end, and I did what I had to do to make my goals happen. I still hate that I did you dirty like that, but i knew that if I gave any hint that I was voting your way it would have never have worked. I hope you can understand.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Got a couple of follow ups, we'll try and move this along.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Follow up question for kdowns

Kdowns, phantom kind of called you out on this already and I want to share my perspective and ask you about it as well. You told me after the last immunity challenge that you were having immense anxiety about having to pick between Cena and dbd. Was that all an act? If so, why did you think it was a good play to string me along instead of just being honest? If it wasn't all an act, talk me through your thought process over that 24 hour period

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Cena:
Today was the first time I heard the words "Canadian alliance" or "Maple". I personally had no idea who was working together on OG Baobab. I literally didn't know anything about any of you. I told you in the WW that OTHER PEOPLE on OG Coco thought you 4 were working together. It's not my fault that y'all formed up in a way that was predictable to returning players. Don't act like I'm being shady because you didn't remember our conversation.

kdowns
Jan 18, 2023

Follow up question for kdowns

Kdowns, phantom kind of called you out on this already and I want to share my perspective and ask you about it as well. You told me after the last immunity challenge that you were having immense anxiety about having to pick between Cena and dbd. Was that all an act? If so, why did you think it was a good play to string me along instead of just being honest? If it wasn't all an act, talk me through your thought process over that 24 hour period

I promise you that is not at all an act, I was truly having such bad anxiety that I was giving myself way too much anxiety during that vote. I initially was not going to vote for you this round, but I realized that Dad and Cena were very tightly going to be voting for you, and I couldn't keep my emotions in check that round. I had actually vomited because of the anxiety from that round, because it was a highly stressful round. I mainly was going back and forth in my own head with the decision that round. I do regret saying to you that I wouldn't vote for you because I ultimately came off as a contradicting rear end in a top hat because of it, and I do apologize to you. My thought process was like this, I actually wanted to vote out Cena that round, because it was what felt right in my mind, but then I got a message from you specifically saying it would look really bad if I were to vote out my number 1 ally in the game to the jury, so that was what ultimately sealed my decision.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
To DBD, early on in the game, you warned me that siding with the Baos was gonna get me backstabbed. And now you're standing side by side with two Baos? Aren't you worried what you said to me is going to happen to you, my OG coco brother?

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Kdowns, I told you that if you went to the end with Cena that he would destroy you at FTC. Way back in the survey he was voted most likely to win. I told you point-blank that he already had jury support. Are you regretting any moves you've made in this game now?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

PhantomMuzzles posted:

Cena:
Today was the first time I heard the words "Canadian alliance" or "Maple". I personally had no idea who was working together on OG Baobab. I literally didn't know anything about any of you. I told you in the WW that OTHER PEOPLE on OG Coco thought you 4 were working together. It's not my fault that y'all formed up in a way that was predictable to returning players. Don't act like I'm being shady because you didn't remember our conversation.

I brought that up and mentioned that you said it was a tribal perception in my previous post. the Canadian/Maple thing I do think I misremembered or put into my own head afterwards. Again im not trying to say you're being shady! I don't want anyone walking away with that kind of perception. I'm going out of my way to say you're not and you weren't in the game when that was going down! It's been a massive miscommunication that damaged a lot of trust and it's nobody's fault but my own. If i was deliberately lying I would own up to it here. There was literally no malice intended. I can't apologize enough but I also want to point out I did everything to reconcile with Cat and Anarc when we reunited at the merge, and Anarc, you can vouch the first thing that happened when we merged was I came straight to you to try and clear the air on everything.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Tired Moritz posted:

To DBD, early on in the game, you warned me that siding with the Baos was gonna get me backstabbed. And now you're standing side by side with two Baos? Aren't you worried what you said to me is going to happen to you, my OG coco brother?

Is? Or was? It can't really happen now. Unless there's a tie vote scenario, which in case, I don't think it would be a backstab. Someone would vote whoever they thought deserve to win the game.

But trust me, it was a concern even until the last final tribal, I still thought in my head it could be a surprise final 2. Neither had let me down with their word, but you have to be able to pivot and expect any scenario.

But yeah, could it have been a hypocritical statement? For sure. But I had to pretty much play the game as it came, and a strong-2 alliance that was public was something that I thought was beneficial in terms of my own game, versus relative unknowns alliance-wise everywhere else.

My mind was very much open to a lot of different scenarios - whether I had knowledge of idols, whether things went different with Cat, it wasn't a for-sure bet that I would be standing there at the end with kdowns and Cena.

kdowns
Jan 18, 2023

PhantomMuzzles posted:

Kdowns, I told you that if you went to the end with Cena that he would destroy you at FTC. Way back in the survey he was voted most likely to win. I told you point-blank that he already had jury support. Are you regretting any moves you've made in this game now?

I do not regret any moves that I had made in this game, because if I didn't make the moves that I made, I don't think that I would have made it here in the first place. I have to remain confident and firm that I do believe I played a greater game than Cena. I know that Cena already had prior connections with everyone from his years of hosting survivor games, and that people feel like he is owed a win just because of what he has done for Something awful survivor, which is something that you told me was said to you when you had that conversation with Sal when you used your advantage to talk to him. So I know that people are going to favor the person that they have had prior connections with to someone that they have barely just met for the first time this game.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Kdown&Cena: Both of you are claiming to have had the most impact in getting me voted out. Who's telling the truth?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I will claim it if no one else does :getin:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Let's have an answer please.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Kdown&Cena: Both of you are claiming to have had the most impact in getting me voted out. Who's telling the truth?

I had the initial movement on getting this together, initially being done to protect Cat but also to hide my position in the game with where my relationships were set at in the game. I first approached PM and Deadbeat Dad with it giving them the hard pitch and telling them about your leaking of the vote split to Kdowns rounds earlier, then looping in Cat and Anarc when it looked like Cat was definitely losing her vote. We formed a five person room where we locked the plans into place, deliberately leaving out Tmor and Kdowns because of the fear that you and those two had something going on. Eventually KDowns was looped in independently and was on board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdowns
Jan 18, 2023

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I do think it is a mix of both of us. Cena was in the group of 5 that had talked about it, but I was privately talking about it with others such as Cat and Tmor before I was roped into it by Cena. I had let Cat know about the vote steal before it was even going to be played on her when it eventually did, and I made it my goal to help protect Cat. I do believe there is a lot that happened behind the scenes that happened without the other knowing about it.