Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Very well. Jury, thank you for your questions!

Players, starting with Cena, then kdowns, and last DBD, please post your closers. No need to wait any time after each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
We are also back live: https://twitch.tv/honkerwatch

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I have a penchant for never shutting up so I'll keep this brief, for real this time. In this game I tried to play with as much honesty and integrity as I could. I didn't make it a rule or something I wanted to nail my game to, to say I played a completely honest game would be untrue, but I wanted to show that a game could be played mostly up front. It wasn't a fully clean slate. I had a few moments where I had to sink to depths and resort to subterfuge to make certain things happen, but I only did it because I found it necessary. It's not something I took any joy in.

I was on the wrong side of a vote exactly one time, and after that one time, I made a vow to never be on the wrong side of a vote again. I worked my rear end off to not just make sure that I was on the right side of the vote, but that I was driving it where and when it counted. Shortly after the merge, I had a vision for how I wanted the end game to play out, and although I didn't win as many challenges as I would have liked, I was still able to achieve that end game state. I played a game where I tried to be social, considerate, and inclusive, and I never wanted to insult anyone's intelligence with baseless bullshit. I wanted to keep things fun. I hope that I played a part in your enjoyment of this game and I hope that the game I played is one deserving of your vote.

kdowns
Jan 18, 2023

Thank you so much everyone , producers, and Chili especially for making this game as enjoyable as it has been for me and all the players and viewers. There is something that I wanted to clear up before we get to the votes. I know that some people on jury see that I was in the shadow of Cena but that is not the case, I was an active player in this game, and was not bound to one person at all. There was a move in this game that seems to be tightly under uncertainty about who spearheaded the Snooze vote, and I will remain adamant on this that it was me. So much that I even have messages from Cena stating “That was all you, that was your move”. So to be selling me short to the jury isn’t really sitting well when there is evidence that shows otherwise. I do also want to point out how reliant Cena was with me as he has stated that he needed me around for him to get to where he is now, and relied on me to do a lot of the heavy lifting. I want to show you all that I still respect my own game, the confidence that I had in my own game, and deserve to be the winner of Survivor: The Wandering Woods

I remain firm that I still upheld the three core values of survivor, Outlast, Outplay, and Outwit. I outlasted until the end of the game despite a bunch of people aiming to go after me, over and over again, while I was slowly surviving and stablizing. I do think people underestimate my ability in this game, and I felt like I proved people wrong multiple times in this game, and showed that I had what it takes to survive in this game. The fact I was able to Outplay on different rounds when people were coming to vote me out and I was able to rely on the connections that I have made in this game that ultimately managed to get me to where I am. I also was about to Outwit by being a central force behind moves in this game that helped me get to where I am at in the end. While I tried to be honest and straightforward with people in this game, while at the cost of my own mental health it didn’t come off as honest as I had intended to be. I even at one point told Pmuzz that I am trying to be as honest as possible.

I will stand strong behind my ability in challenges, my social ability that I had with others, and the fact that I manage to still be here no matter how many times I was targeted because I was a threat as stated by multiple people. I played my own game and not someone elses, that is something that I want to make sure is clear to the jury. I do thank you all for this wonderful game that was played, and I can’t wait to talk with you all at the end of this all and clear any misconceptions that may have aroused from my conversations. Thank you again for one of the greatest times that I had in this game.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
There's not much more I really want to say, other than I appreciate everybody for extremely well thought out, funny, serious, and hard hitting questions. And the ones I missed and had to reply to separate to, I am a complete dumb-rear end and not ignoring anything, but also my head is spinning and I was working against a work deadline, so my adrenaline made my reading ability a bit worse than usual. Nobody warned me about this!

I think I have presented quite a few reasons why I deserve to be the Sole Survivor, but that is now in your hands - the people we've interacted with, bonded with, laughed with, competed with, lied to, betrayed, etc. And I do hope at the end of the day you consider writing down my name after seeing my journey comparatively to theirs, and how solidly I contributed to every area of "outwit, outplay, outlast" (is that the order??) - but if you don't, there's nothing to do but live with the results and be happy for someone else!

I tried to be as honest as I could this game without spreading any rumors or putting anybody's game on blast to my advantage (unless it was a situation of me going home if I didn't!), and also tried to look out for those that either gave me comfort or saved my rear end during this game. I failed some of you spectacularly. But nonetheless, this game will test you and make your hands bloody even if you never thought they would be. I played Survivor, drat it.

Thank you for everybody involved in this game! <3

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
And now, for the last time. It is time to vote.

Members of the jury, please head over to your confessional channel. There, you will place your vote for the winner of Survivor The Wandering Woods. Again, this time, the person you are voting for, is who you want to see win!

Go ahead!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
For the last time this season I'll be revealing votes. Tonight you want to see your name coming out of my urn!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
1 vote cena, 1 vote kdowns

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

No shut out this season!

One vote apiece!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

2 votes dbd, 1 vote cena, 1 vote kdowns

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

2 votes cena, 2 votes dbd, 1 vote kdowns

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

3 votes dbd, 2 votes cena, 1 vote kdowns

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

We're tied at 3 votes DBD, 3 votes Cena, and 1 vote kdowns

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
holy poo poo

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Congrats!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
The winner of something awful survivor the wandering woods...

kdowns
Jan 18, 2023

Congrats Dad!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

CONGRATULATIONS MAN YOU FUCKIN EARNED THIS

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Congrats DBD!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
AHHH WAY TO GO DBD! YOU ALL WERE AMAZING! GOOD GAME!

Thanks again Chili for the awesome game!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Congratulations :D

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

YOU ALL WERE AMAZING! GOOD GAME!

This!

quote:

Thanks again Chili for the awesome game!

Also this!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
┗─y(◕‿◕✿)Ah, life…

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Thank you so much for everybody who voted for me and also who didnt and everybody involved with the game!! This is insane!!

Group hug and party at my house

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Glad it was a close vote.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Congratulations to Deadbeat Dad for his victory this season! It was a hard-fought battle and you have truly earned the title of Sole Survivor!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
We have one more matter to attend to!

Our viewer's choice award!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
In third place we have JOHN CENA!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
In second we have STUDIO!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
And our runaway winner with over 80% of the viewer's choice votes....

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
:eyepop:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Chili posted:

And our runaway winner with over 80% of the viewer's choice votes....

phantom!!!!! yay!!!!

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
oh GOSH this means the absolute world to me

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

PhantomMuzzles posted:

oh GOSH this means the absolute world to me

GRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Don't want the thread to hit the archives before I have a chance to update it and close it off. That should happen soon.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
##search archive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
##Kong Archives