Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
A

Edit: vote-snipped. Update in the previous page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
A

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

A

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
A, a happy home clan is an alive home clan

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
B let's give time for Orvar to forget how he pulled a fast one on us. Clan already got all our wealth

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

A

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
B
Orvar thinks he can do it by himself. Let him be useful.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Orvar just might. Question is, should he get the credit? :haw:

Voting closes friday 0800 CET.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

A

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

A - optimally, without Orvar, because shamans, as we and the ancestors all know, are trouble.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
A

Tias
May 25, 2008

Trying to Help the Clan, preferably by dissuading Orvar, wins! Update when I get round to it, monday at the latest.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Hunter Hunted

“Oh, I’ll help you allright. I’d appreciate it if good Orvars talents were used elsewhere, though, our ways are different and not necessarily complementary.”

Orvar puffs up. “I can do this myself!”

Jarang silences him with a stare. “You might. But tricks might follow you. Orlenda has offered her help, and she decides how it is done.”

He glowers, but acquiesces. “As she says, we might not be better together.”

Jarang nods, pleased with this observance of his authority. “This Ring is lifted. Go in peace, or the Stone will force you to.”

You go your separate ways, but you manage to corner Jarang and Mernala at the edge of Owl Clearing, trying to get some information that might help you.

Jarang postures, talking in terms of rights and custom and how whoever is stirring up the wolves must be killed or taken ransom, but Mernala seems more intent on revealing knowledge that could help.

“Once, many moons ago, a wolfpacks own wyter broke loose and tracked a pack down from the Thunder Hills and all the way to our herds, giving them sharper teeth and greater senses. However, a hero thane broke the spirits back and sent them away.

Another option could be the Telmori, or two-legged wolves. Fierce Hsunchen, were-tribals, who cast their lot in with chaotic evil, they sometimes wander far from their haunts and stir up wolves.

In our world, however, there is almost never a clear answer, and all we know is there are wolves and probably someone behind them.”

In response to your queries about the flock itself, Jarang tallies heads. “We now have 102 cows now, 25 goats, 31 sheep and the cottars have maybe 25 pigs among them. The goats and sheep are driven, but not far this time of year, and we protect the cows and pigs in place.”

You thank her, and start to consider your options. You’ll have little time before the animal strikes again, and custom in no uncertain way says you have to act before more precious heads are lost.

A) “I will go to the cottars and figure out a way to ambush the predator.” This will have an average chance of success, but if it works you’ll have an advantage on the foe.

B) “I will divine where the culprit hides and seek it out.” This is hard to do, but Lhankor Mhy himself will tell you the score if you make it.

C) “I’ll talk to the hunters and stalk our prey.”. This is probably the most dangerous option, but if anyone knows where to find the hunter, it’s the wood-folk.

D) Something else?

(Vote closes wednesday 08.00 CET)

Tias fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Mar 27, 2023

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Is C the best odds of success?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

B

If a divination doesn't work out, we can always go through the legwork afterwards.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
B, let's propitiate the divine.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

B have God, will speak

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

C

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
B

They asked a God-speaker for help here, not an expert hunter or tracker. Before us they asked a Shaman.

We should at least try to use our magical divination abilities.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
B

Let's flex our god-speaking muscles.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

A
While I love chatting with lhankor mhy, this isn't his domain, and if our orlanthi or hunters haven't been able to divine it, it's unlikely we can

Tias
May 25, 2008

Depends. Sometimes divining is the province of the clan ring and shamans, and other members of the clan either can't or won't spend their magic on it. It could also be a way to test you and your cult against the way the ring does things at present.

Tias fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Mar 28, 2023

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Mr. Prokosch posted:

B

They asked a God-speaker for help here, not an expert hunter or tracker. Before us they asked a Shaman.

We should at least try to use our magical divination abilities.

Yes, for this reason I also vote B; also, a failure might be interesting as well, depending on how we fail.

Sidestep
May 16, 2012

B It is implied there is something behind this. My glorantha knowledge is a little hazy and dated, but if I recall individuals cannot be punished when the gods are angry. The community has to bear the punishment and the only way to determine what has gone wrong is divination. If this is a case of divine wrath, we need to sort out who the offender is and have them make things right.

Tias
May 25, 2008

If an allied spirit was the culprit, then this is would be the way to clear up which taboo was broken, yes. Your elders seem to think there's an outside cause, though.

Tias
May 25, 2008

B wins! Update hopefully in the next 2 days.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Divination

To divine is sacred, risky and tricky business. You will, in principle, be able to know everything that Lhankor Mhy knows, but the pitfalls are many. Mhy will only see the things he knows in the Story-Time, the god world that was locked into the cosmos by a great stasis event in the ancient past. Even a devoted sage like yourself don’t know many details of this process, but your divination potential is limited by what is within Lhankor Mhys sphere of influence.

Laying out the sacred scrolls, your statue of Mhy and bowls of sage’s weed incense, you commit to the process. Drawing up a chart of understanding, you write out your problems on it, and burn it on a fire mixed with salt. The salt flares up in patterns in response to your questions.

Who is behind the cattle slaying? Someone hungry and desperate.

Did the Telmori do it? No, though someone of their ways

Did a Hsunchen do it? Yes.

Where is it now? In its lair, 400 paces east of the gate.

What gate? South gate of town.

It’s on. You are dealing with a man, though one who might have fiercely loyal animal tribemates. You..

A) Rush there, stopping only to don your heavy armor, shield and pick-ax.

B) Pick up your militia kit (easily transportable weapons like spear, club and javelins) and gather some friends who are not Orvar.

C) Something else?

Bony-Eared Assfish
Oct 4, 2018
B) let's not get hasty.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
B Posse comitatus time.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

(Dany shits in a field)
Let's share the fun with friends (B)

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

A war hero like us don't need help

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

A - let's not get anybody else eaten or anything. We got our answers let's goooo.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
B

God-Talkers get an entourage. Also it's in its lair, so not like we'll lose it if we delay a little.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
I love that Lhankor Mhy is like a ouiji board or magic 8-ball!

Signs point to B. The sheepkillers are with their pack, and if I recall- hsunchen have strong magic.

I'm wondering why our clan thought they were wolves since Lhankor Mhy thinks otherwise. Maybe these guys might have some sort of mesmerising power and have beef with the telmori.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

B crew thje gently caress up

Tias
May 25, 2008

Chatrapati posted:

I love that Lhankor Mhy is like a ouiji board or magic 8-ball!

Signs point to B. The sheepkillers are with their pack, and if I recall- hsunchen have strong magic.

I'm wondering why our clan thought they were wolves since Lhankor Mhy thinks otherwise. Maybe these guys might have some sort of mesmerising power and have beef with the telmori.

To be fair Telmori are a hazard in much of Sartar and Telmori usually carry their wolf friends with them.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Gathering a Squad wins. Update tomorrow ish.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

drat i shoulda voted to bring orvar too

Tias
May 25, 2008

Get a Group

Time is of the essence, so you run to your pony Geolmarth and gather your ‘quick bag’, containing your militia weapons and a thicker linen armour tunic you can get into without bother. This should afford you time to gather some allies.

On your way you meet Brodaral, a lanky jock-like youth who favoured you when you both were younger, and he is.. grown. Massive storm runes decorate his swole arms, and a belligerent air tells you he might be useful.

Your entreaties come to nothing at first. “You didn’t think anything of me then, why would you now?” he says. You explain that you’ve gone to confront beast-tribals on behalf of the clan. He reluctantly says he’ll come, no one would not help the clan when asked, but isn’t too willing to just help you. He straps on a wicker shield and a massive club, trusting the gods to keep him safe for the rest.

You don’t get off on a good foot, but you have to keep moving. Next up is Ernar, a young man whom you vaguely recognize as your nephew on your fathers side! You implore him to get his spear and back you up, as he must now be old enough to own one. He seems skittish at the prospect of danger, but the merest hint that you speak for your family and the implacable force that is Sena the Gray, has him snapping to with great enthusiasm. You reassure him on the way, that the more you are, the easier this will be.

Upon reaching the south gate, a fresh-faced Vingan with several battle scars asks what you’re doing in such a hurry, and as you mention the missing cattle, she insists on joining you. “You need the Storm Tribe present” she says, ignoring the snarls of Brodaral as she insists so. Both worship one of the Storm Brothers, it appears, but hopefully this will just encourage them to out-do each other in combat.

The Hunter.

You quickly wave your intrepid band of clanfolk on, and as you close with the divined position, you start to get the tightness of the danger-mind in you. The thick Bayberry vines close around you, and though you are at home in this treacherous shrub, you don’t know what you’re facing.

You listen carefully to your surroundings, but nothing comes up. Your Vingan compatriot, who gave her name as Arestra Plough-Breaker, perks up. “There’s talking” she whispers, “but I don’t understand it”.

Sneaking forward through the less thorny areas, you hear rustling and press on. You see low-backed shapes rush out of the clearing you burst into. Ernar impetuously throws a rock after them, but doesn’t hit your escaping quarry.

This demands quick thinking and a quicker response. You..

A) ..Go on the reasonable assumption that your foes know less about the area than you do, and order your party to “clap”, goading them towards a sheer cliff side where you can corner them. None of you are among the best hunters, but it’s got to work, right?

B) Run them down directly and overtake them with hand weapons. They wouldn’t have taken flight if they were not weaker than you, and you don’t want them to get away.

C) Defer to your team? They must have magics and skills among them you don’t.

D) Something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

B Lhankor Mhy has given us the knowledge of where to strike, it is time to do so!!