Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

abelwingnut posted:

a valentine's day break up.

man, there must've been some real bad blood there.

I'm pretty sure Carr had to be cut by tomorrow to avoid the roster bonus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Cavauro posted:

ja'marr is right. they will all take 10 million per year each and they all three live in the same house and wear the same clothes

weak, they got to be like the NBA Morris brothers and just have one single contract

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm glad Juju escaped the Steelers and got a ring.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Someone tell me how to feel about this. The only thing I know about him is he's the DC of the Eagles which uhhh... after their SB performance doesn't seem like a great thing.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

skipdogg posted:

Someone tell me how to feel about this. The only thing I know about him is he's the DC of the Eagles which uhhh... after their SB performance doesn't seem like a great thing.

Matt Patricia 2: MattPat Harder

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

skipdogg posted:

He might be OK, or possibly not

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Cardinals just seem like they're sinking, and this guy is just stuck at the helm for it. Basically, we won't know if he's good or not if the Cards stink for the next two years, but we will know if he's good if they succeed at all.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Gonz posted:

Matt Patricia 2: MattPat Harder
Matt Patricia was not only incompetent but he was also a huge rear end in a top hat. I don't think Gannon's an rear end in a top hat, so that's a plus.

You can be one or the other (competent or nice), and that's a general life rule for me.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 14, 2023

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Not going to lie but when I think "Arizona Cardinals" I don't immediately think "stout defense".

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Android Apocalypse posted:

Not going to lie but when I think "Arizona Cardinals" I don't immediately think "stout defense".
There was a time that was the only thing going for them.

Mega64 posted:

I'm glad Juju escaped the Steelers and got a ring.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

skipdogg posted:

There's some debate in whether or not he's any good as a DC. It felt to me that the Eagles D this year looked great because of talent but that the scheme was never anything special. They often seemed out of sorts in the second half of games and I think he's gonna flop.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Now we've officially hit the offseason, folks!

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/02/13/2023-nfl-predictions-for-every-team-cowboys-carr-barkley

quote:

Los Angeles Chargers

Prediction: They will win the AFC West and take the No. 1 seed in the AFC.

I think there is something noble and powerful about what the Chargers did, standing behind Brandon Staley after the team’s second-half collapse against the Jaguars in the playoffs. It would have been easy to rely on the optics, but there is a reason Los Angeles fell in love with Staley in the first place. Now, with Kellen Moore as his offensive coordinator, we’ll find out why.

It never, ever changes.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Perennial Offseason Champions

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I would take the Chargers finishing last in the division due to having their souls broken by that second half against the Jaguars before I'd take them to win it.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I would take the Chargers finishing last in the division due to having their souls broken by that second half against the Jaguars before I'd take them to win it.

Ditto. Moore is gonna be a great interim.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

There will be roughly 5000 off-season podcast minutes by Steven Ruiz about Herbert winning the MVP this year.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

shyduck posted:

Matt Patricia was not only incompetent but he was also a huge rear end in a top hat. I don't think Gannon's an rear end in a top hat, so that's a plus.

You can be one or the other (competent or nice), and that's a general life rule for me.

My bad. I should’ve elaborated. It’s less a “This guy is an rear end in a top hat!” thing (i’m sure he’s probably a nice guy), and more of a “Defense gets exposed in the Super Bowl; immediately gets hired to be a HC” situation.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm just gonna try to ignore as much of this offseason bullshit as I can

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I do not think they will finish last

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Really can’t wait to see Sean Payton, Rex Ryan and Russell Wilson together.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

a neat cape posted:

I do not think they will finish last

I don't either, I expect them to be pretty decisively 2nd and comfortably make the playoffs.

But I'd take a combination of 'Raiders bullshit their way into some wins/Chargers suffer long-term effects of that loss/Russ becomes competent' over 'this is the year the league figures out Patrick Mahomes'.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I don't either, I expect them to be pretty decisively 2nd and comfortably make the playoffs.

But I'd take a combination of 'Raiders bullshit their way into some wins/Chargers suffer long-term effects of that loss/Russ becomes competent' over 'this is the year the league figures out Patrick Mahomes'.

Same

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I highly suggest looking at the NFC East thread for all the Eagles fans still grasping at straws and making up scenarios in their minds

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

stop doxxing people

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Do the Chiefs have any big free agents? I can't imagine they won't be back in at least the AFC title game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wandler20 posted:

Do the Chiefs have any big free agents? I can't imagine they won't be back in at least the AFC title game.

They've kinda got a bunch of guys who did something or other. The biggest ones that will need to be replaced in some fashion should they leave are Orlando Brown, Juju, Juan Thornhill and I guess Mecole Hardman. There are others but those are probably most interesting to non-Chiefs fans.

Dunlap was on a one year deal and is worth mentioning because I don't think there's any way Frank Clark is back so that means you've gotta replace both DEs. Oh Wylie for the same reason, that'd mean they'd have to replace both OTs.

They'll figure something or other out and I'm sure some of these guys will be back, but it's not like after 2019 when they were basically bringing the whole team back.

e: all of the really big names are locked up though, this is just the rest of the roster we're looking at.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Feb 15, 2023

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Chris Jones has 1 year left and a $28m cap hit. I assume he gets extended.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

Chris Jones has 1 year left and a $28m cap hit. I assume he gets extended.

Yep. Extended or traded if Veach has turned into some megalomanic who thinks he can do no wrong in the draft.

I think he'll be extended. He's probably the 2nd or 3rd most important player on the team and the entire defensive line is built around him.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If you want some pathetic Eagles fans cope, instead just follow Elon Musk

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1625667938673111045

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kevino07 posted:

Yep. Extended or traded if Veach has turned into some megalomanic who thinks he can do no wrong in the draft.

I think he'll be extended. He's probably the 2nd or 3rd most important player on the team and the entire defensive line is built around him.

I don't think you can let him go, he's so drat good. Pretty easy to extend him and save money on his contact next season too.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kalli posted:

So that’s why he deleted it. I thought he deleted it because they lost

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

wandler20 posted:

I don't think you can let him go, he's so drat good. Pretty easy to extend him and save money on his contact next season too.

Yep.

For off-season moves. I think the Chiefs:

1) Will Extend Chris Jones, reducing his cap hit
2) Will Cut Frank Clark, and save $20 million
3) Will Tag or Extend Orlando Brown Jr - not sure there's any immediate options to upgrade LT, unless Tunsil shakes loose from the Texans so they'll stick with Brown as he has seems to at least be an above average LT (at least he was in the second half of the season) and has a rapport with Mahomes. Maybe getting a ring might convince Brown to lower his wage demands, but I suspect he's dead set at resetting the market.
4) Will let Wylie test the market in free agency off the back of his Super Bowl, I suspect upgrading RT was on the cards anyway. I suspect this will be with one of their picks
5) Will let Hardman go and enjoy the Comp Pick for 2024 thanks to a terrible WR market raising his price. Toney has already replaced him in the team.

Juju and Thornhill are coinflips for me at the moment. I suspect that the Chiefs would have them back, but aren't going to overpay for either.
I think CEH is done with this team. Pacheco is RB1, and they have so many Day 3 picks, I think they'll draft a RB with one.
MVS could be cut to save cap space is needed, but I suspect that he might stay to give the WR room some continuity if both Hardman and Juju are gone.
Mahomes can be restructured if they envision needing to lower his cap hit for 2023, but I think there's a deadline of 3 days into the league year to make the move and I think they might let it ride and give themselves more flexibility to restructure in later years, with the Chiefs in a good place cap wise and a decent number of players locked into rookie contracts. I'm not seeing anyone in free agency who the Chiefs would move heaven and earth for in free agency. D-Line players would be the most likely position, but I reckon the Chiefs aren't going to spend huge amounts of cash on players like Daron Payne, Zach Allen or Marcus Davenport. They'd rather just stock up on comp picks at this present time.

I could see them targeting a WR (I'd love Jakobi Meyers and could see a player like Parris Campbell) to have another veteran in the WR room at the right price.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Musk tweets are being pushed to the top of my timeline and he can go fall out of a Tesla driving 90mph for this transgression.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kalli posted:

This is loving hilarious as long as I have tweetdeck and can ignore this poo poo, but will become extremely unfunny as soon as that stops being the case.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I avoid Twitter as much as possible and I'm constantly amazed other people don't.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
:confused:

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

https://twitter.com/1kalwaysopen_/status/1625604922388492290

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Major "well actually" energy there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Kevino07 posted:

Yep.

For off-season moves. I think the Chiefs:

1) Will Extend Chris Jones, reducing his cap hit
2) Will Cut Frank Clark, and save $20 million
3) Will Tag or Extend Orlando Brown Jr - not sure there's any immediate options to upgrade LT, unless Tunsil shakes loose from the Texans so they'll stick with Brown as he has seems to at least be an above average LT (at least he was in the second half of the season) and has a rapport with Mahomes. Maybe getting a ring might convince Brown to lower his wage demands, but I suspect he's dead set at resetting the market.
4) Will let Wylie test the market in free agency off the back of his Super Bowl, I suspect upgrading RT was on the cards anyway. I suspect this will be with one of their picks
5) Will let Hardman go and enjoy the Comp Pick for 2024 thanks to a terrible WR market raising his price. Toney has already replaced him in the team.

Juju and Thornhill are coinflips for me at the moment. I suspect that the Chiefs would have them back, but aren't going to overpay for either.
I think CEH is done with this team. Pacheco is RB1, and they have so many Day 3 picks, I think they'll draft a RB with one.
MVS could be cut to save cap space is needed, but I suspect that he might stay to give the WR room some continuity if both Hardman and Juju are gone.
Mahomes can be restructured if they envision needing to lower his cap hit for 2023, but I think there's a deadline of 3 days into the league year to make the move and I think they might let it ride and give themselves more flexibility to restructure in later years, with the Chiefs in a good place cap wise and a decent number of players locked into rookie contracts. I'm not seeing anyone in free agency who the Chiefs would move heaven and earth for in free agency. D-Line players would be the most likely position, but I reckon the Chiefs aren't going to spend huge amounts of cash on players like Daron Payne, Zach Allen or Marcus Davenport. They'd rather just stock up on comp picks at this present time.

I could see them targeting a WR (I'd love Jakobi Meyers and could see a player like Parris Campbell) to have another veteran in the WR room at the right price.
I feel either OBJ is extended or walks. Right now I'd guess he is extended.

Thornhill will be replaced with Cook and JuJu will be replaced with someone like Allen or Cooks that wants a big boost for a final contract.