Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

No Butt Stuff posted:

You mean when he was out of bounds and the guy hit him?

The guy tapped him. Calling that there is soft garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

mcmagic posted:

He shoves him so hard mahomes is by the benches lmao

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

post it and let us decide

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
It was not dirty or dangerous but clearly illegal and a no brainer flag, also was a very stupid conscious decision by the linebacker.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The refs can't possibly have the time to help the Chiefs if they're busy holding back the Raiders

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The ref has to have some awareness of what is going on in the game when he throws that flag that has no impact on the outcome of the play.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

mcmagic posted:

The ref has to have some awareness of what is going on in the game when he throws that flag that has no impact on the outcome of the play.

That hit was late/out of bounds and is called 99% of the time, as it was correctly called there.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Just give him this, it’s not like he gets to watch his team in the playoffs.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Every team cheats but mine.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Just remembering calls incorrectly between pounding off at work

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
https://nypost.com/2023/07/22/dalvin-cook-offered-ex-girlfriend-1-million-to-settle-domestic-violence-claims/

NY Post posted:

Amid reports linking him to the Jets, free agent running back Dalvin Cook offered his ex-girlfriend $1 million to clear him of domestic violence claims, according to a document filed in Dakota County District Court and obtained by the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.

Cook made two settlement offers of $800,000, then $1 million, requesting that testimony be barred.

The initial cash offer mandated that Gracelyn Trimble, his accuser, deny the abuse accusation with a sworn affidavit, and the $1 million required that she send the NFL a letter stating that Cook did nothing wrong.

Trimble alleged in a November 2021 suit that Cook abused her, caused a concussion, then held her hostage at his residence in a Minneapolis suburb.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Silly Burrito posted:

Every team cheats but mine.

Legalize cheating

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

fartknocker posted:

That hit was late/out of bounds and is called 99% of the time, as it was correctly called there.

It is called 100% of the time. You shove the ballcarrier when they're already out of bounds and you draw a flag. If he had shoved him before they went out of bounds, it would have been fine. Mahomes was past the thick white line before shoved. That is always a penalty and the refs always call it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

What a scumbag

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

fartknocker posted:

As a bengals fan it sucked rear end but it was pushing him out of bounds. Good call bad decision by Ossai. He seems like a good player but that was a bad move

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

BrownThunder posted:

Just remembering calls incorrectly between pounding off at work

What kind of sandwich did you get when you were done?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I honestly had no rooting interest in the game. The refs just shouldn't be deciding that type of game on a call that had no impact on the play.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Hey, we're a St. Paul suburb, dammit!

Also Cook is a huge piece of poo poo and there should have been more made of this. It's scummy as hell to pay someone to say something never happened, but not surprised it clears the bar for the NFL.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The refs can't possibly have the time to help the Chiefs if they're busy holding back the Raiders

I mean, the NFL gave the Chiefs the division, the #1 seed, the AFCCG, and the SB last year.

But goons will insist the NFL isn't scripted and doesn't help out any teams.

That said, that play was a late hit and will be called 100% of the time.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Lifespan posted:

What kind of sandwich did you get when you were done?

The Washington Sandwiches

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

mcmagic posted:

The refs just shouldn't be deciding that type of game on a call that had no impact on the play.

By this logic every late hit out of bounds technically has no impact on the play

It sucks to have a game end on a penalty sealing the deal, and it soured the Super Bowl too with the holding call, but you also can't just shove a guy out of bounds that hard

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Febreeze posted:

By this logic every late hit out of bounds technically has no impact on the play

It sucks to have a game end on a penalty sealing the deal, and it soured the Super Bowl too with the holding call, but you also can't just shove a guy out of bounds that hard

Yeah pretty much. It sucks the player did it, not that the refs called a real penalty. Also if they start swallowing their whistles on out of bounds or late hits defenders will absolutely take the hint and get more aggressive til they find the new line. I don’t really wanna see someone blindsided into the hospital cause he was 5 steps out of bounds and thought the play was over.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Febreeze posted:

The holding call in the super bowl had a direct impact on the outcome of that play though.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Rules exist to create a fair and also safe environment. It's not beyond the realm of imagination that a late shove out of bounds can hurt a player which then would change the outcome of the game if the player wasn't there.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Market for DTs is already set. Just give him $25m per.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1682854089456066560?s=61&t=5XhQ3IY0TKf9sLs_Mzh2Lw

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

fartknocker posted:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Dumb and wrong

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Doltos posted:

Rules exist to create a fair and also safe environment. It's not beyond the realm of imagination that a late shove out of bounds can hurt a player

It did hurt a player

;)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

mcmagic posted:

I honestly had no rooting interest in the game. The refs just shouldn't be deciding that type of game on a call that had no impact on the play.

The player committing the bone-headed foul decided the game if anyone

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/da_masterson/status/1621099300431208454?s=46&t=4HCQHNrQSCCyTv5_MzlCTw

https://twitter.com/carterthepower/status/1619908623509123072?s=46&t=4HCQHNrQSCCyTv5_MzlCTw

Has anyone seen mcmagic and Doug Gottlieb in the same room

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Mahomes was very disrespectful and should be banned from the NFL imo, and that's only 99% due to me being a fan of an AFC team.

Also on an unrelated note please don't ask me about my opinions about jacking off at work, they are irrelevant on my belief that Mahomes should be banned from the NFL.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Yeah I don’t really get the issue. He’s the second best pass rushing DI in the game imo. And the engine of the entire defense. Pay him the bag (which is a fair deal) and do cuts/restructures elsewhere to make it work.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Wait are people still trying to argue that the Bengals player wasn't a retarded dipshit and hit Mahomes like 2 yards out of bounds

Lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The Chiefs should not pay him imo and instead trade him to a team that will appreciate him like, I don't know, off the top of my head the Tennessee Titanss.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

How is this argument occurring am I in hell

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

a neat cape posted:

Wait are people still trying to argue that the Bengals player wasn't a retarded dipshit and hit Mahomes like 2 yards out of bounds

Lol

My opinion is that the Bengals LB is a dumb stupidass and also that the ref should've ate his flag there.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

a neat cape posted:

Lol

No not people. Just one person for some odd reason

Mega64
May 23, 2008

It's literally solely mcmagic arguing this, what do you expect.

Like no rational Chiefs fan would argue Dee Ford wasn't offsides, as painful as that was at the time (though I'm sure two SB wins helped heal those wounds).

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

a neat cape posted:

Lol

Can you cool it with the r word?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

sharknado slashfic posted:

How is this argument occurring am I in hell

This, like the 2016 election, will continue to be re-litigated until the heat death of the universe