Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Hizawk posted:

Brad Holmes is the tradsiest GM?

Does he do the most draft trades?

Eagles and Jets have traded a shitload of times this draft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://x.com/Zack_Pearson/status/1784318404075061309

Same

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Just got another Brugler top 100 guy at 210 in Christian Mahogany. Brad Holmes goes from trading future assets to draft a Canadian prospect and a safety/RB hybrid to landing two guys hyped up as Day 2 prospects in the sixth round. He's waging psychological warfare on draft nerds

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

xbilkis posted:

Just got another Brugler top 100 guy at 210 in Christian Mahogany. Brad Holmes goes from trading future assets to draft a Canadian prospect and a safety/RB hybrid to landing two guys hyped up as Day 2 prospects in the sixth round. He's waging psychological warfare on draft nerds

https://x.com/pff_lions/status/1784333168662782366?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Brad Holmes is a man possessed.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
They should play Dale Gribble saying "Wingo!" when he gets a sack or TFL.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I am exceptionally happy with the draft, we didn't get any of the dudes I wanted (except Arnold) but they got what I wanted DL/CB/OL.

Could use a WR

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
It's hard not to be a big fan of this draft. CB and OL depth were two of the biggest needs the team had, and not only were they both addressed with multiple picks but (As far as I can tell) Holmes got a steal in multiple rounds, including 2 top 100 prospects in the 6th. Not a bad takeaway!

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
The Packers decided this draft was all about vitamins and vegetables. Nothing sexy. But every pick is an impact player for Year 1 with the Hafley defense. We rebuilt our safety room. We rebuilt our LB room. We added our future RB1. And we got (so far) three new pieces for our OLine. Every guy can play at least three positions so versatility is key. They are also very experienced OLineman. I'm extremely happy.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
We really needed OL depth and someone to challenge Myers at C. Mission accomplished.

I also love the strategy of drafting a billion safeties and seeing which ones stick. Plenty of bodies for ST too.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

We really needed OL depth and someone to challenge Myers at C. Mission accomplished.

I also love the strategy of drafting a billion safeties and seeing which ones stick. Plenty of bodies for ST too.

Being honest. I think Bullard will be our nickel so he'll see the field regardless. Evan Williams and Kitan can battle it out.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://x.com/TomFornelli/status/1784339821109879267

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Packers took Tulane QB Michael Pratt. The QB factory is BACK.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Already mad about him somehow getting the Packers a third round pick based on three years of preseason play

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/packers/status/1784358555069587900

If we can rehabilitate him back to his 2022 self..look out.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

xbilkis posted:

Already mad about him somehow getting the Packers a third round pick based on three years of preseason play

Because he won a QB duel with JJ McCarthy in a meaningless week 17 game in 2026!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

A Sneaker Broker posted:

If we can rehabilitate him back to his 2022 self..look out.

So what, is that three players now that the Packers have drafted who had great 2022 seasons but not so much 2023?

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

SKULL.GIF posted:

So what, is that three players now that the Packers have drafted who had great 2022 seasons but not so much 2023?

Not even sure anymore but it has been working out so I approve.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

LaFleur says Morgan will start out as a left tackle but that the goal is to get the best five on the field so expect a bunch of shuffling I guess.

Stokes is also apparently fully healthy, this is probably why we didn't go for DeJean.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

SKULL.GIF posted:

LaFleur says Morgan will start as a left tackle but that the goal is to get the best five on the field.

Stokes is also apparently fully healthy, this is probably why we didn't go for DeJean.

LaFleur also said they identified the issue for the hamstring injuries for Stokes and Watson.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Best health of their lives!!!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Lol Falcons

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Meanwhile, Caleb looking as good as he did throwing to a bunch of nobodies at USC now suddenly has DJ Moore, Keenan Allen, and Rome Odunze :swoon:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://x.com/jacobinfante24/status/1784372609540309068

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

A Sneaker Broker posted:

LaFleur also said they identified the issue for the hamstring injuries for Stokes and Watson.

They executed the conditioning team, rip

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Meanwhile, Caleb looking as good as he did throwing to a bunch of nobodies at USC now suddenly has DJ Moore, Keenan Allen, and Rome Odunze :swoon:

He's not going to know how to play with actual receivers, he's gonna bust for sure

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I want to know what hosed up training room thing had multiple players injured for multiple seasons that didn’t get identified until this offseason. :wtf:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/CALEBcsw/status/1784370852060180590

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I want to know what hosed up training room thing had multiple players injured for multiple seasons that didn’t get identified until this offseason. :wtf:

Seriously, these persistently recurring hamstring issues go at least as far back as Clay Matthews, and probably before then, I was paying less attention to that kinda stuff when I was younger. A lot of people kept saying it was just regular bad injury luck and that we were as injured as any other team in the NFL. If it really was an issue with the training regimen / training staff...

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Lol Falcons

Kind of shocking since even post-Carroll USC has regularly produced NFL wideouts and Riley certainly has had his share at Oklahoma.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Big Brains

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I hope Sione Vaka can make it on the roster. seems like an aggressive player at safety who's probably destined to be a career special teamer/maybe last guy in safety rotation on run downs?

I love 2 way players.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 28, 2024

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Aaron probably had real, credentialed doctors banned from the team.

They were solving hamstring issues by rubbing ayahuasca laced darkness cave dirt on them.

Cognac McCarthy posted:

He's not going to know how to play with actual receivers, he's gonna bust for sure

He won the Heisman throwing to Jordan Addison.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

The steps leading into the building were probably weirdly uneven

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Caught up on the day three selections! Overall, Green Bay drafted the positions I wanted but not the players (aside from a couple). I don't know poo poo about poo poo though, so that's fine. I've got Dane Brugler’s guide, so I'm gonna share his info about each of our 11 picks.

Round 1, No. 25: Jordan Morgan, OT, Arizona (#29 overall / #2 OG / 1st-2nd round projected)

SUMMARY: A four-year starter at Arizona, Morgan was a constant at left tackle in offensive coordinator Brennan Carroll’s zone-based scheme (Carroll is the son of Pete Carroll and was the assistant offensive line coach for the Seattle Seahawks from 2015-21). After Arizona won a combined five games during his first three seasons on campus, Morgan helped lead the program’s turnaround in 2023 (Arizona won 10 games in a season for just the second time since 1998). A quick-footed blocker, Morgan displays range and aggression in the run game and gets on top of rushers quickly in his jump sets when he uses well-timed hands. His struggles in pass protection come when he is overaggressive with his kickslide and gets too far up the arc, which can create a two-way go for rushers and open the door for inside counters. Overall, Morgan struggles to anchor mid-slide versus power, but he is a balanced mover who is well-schooled and physical in all phases. Though he can survive at tackle in the NFL, his skill set projects much better inside at guard, similar to Matthew Bergeron.

Round 2, No. 45: Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M (#46 overall / #2 LB / 2nd-3rd round projected)

SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Texas A&M, Cooper lined up as a Will linebacker in defensive coordinator DJ Durkin’s 4-2-5 base scheme, also seeing snaps wide as a nickel or on the defensive line. Although 2023 was a forgettable season for the program, the Aggies’ defense ranked top 10 nationally and Cooper was the catalyst, leading the team in tackles, tackles for loss, sacks and forced fumbles (only prospect in this class who can say that). An above-average athlete for his size, Cooper beelines to the football with outstanding closing burst and aggressive tackling. Though he has elite arm length, he can be better at shooting his hands to escape blocks. Overall, Cooper has some undisciplined tendencies and will run himself out of plays, but he is a fast-flowing linebacker who can run and cover. He has the explosive traits to be a regular on special teams as a rookie and grow into a three-down linebacker role in the NFL.

Round 2, No. 58: Javon Bullard, S, Georgia (#53 overall / #2 S / 2nd-3rd round projected)

SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Georgia, Bullard played the field safety role in head coach Kirby Smart’s 3-3-5 base scheme, and he also saw reps in the box and slot. The lowest-ranked recruit in Smart’s 2021 recruiting class, he played the “STAR” nickel position in 2022 before moving to free safety. He didn’t allow a touchdown in coverage during the 2023 season. With his swagger fitting up the run, Bullard is assignment sound as a down safety, where he can quickly diagnose, drive and make plays at the football. He has the eye balance to rapidly read routes, although his timing will need to be pristine to cover NFL receivers and tight ends. Overall, Bullard doesn’t have ideal size or length, but he is ultra-instinctive and makes his presence felt at all three levels of the field. His skill set fits best as a hybrid nickel defender who can handle box duties, disguise his intentions and drop into space.

Round 3, No. 88: MarShawn Lloyd, RB, USC (#91 overall / #5 RB / 3rd round projected)

SUMMARY: A one-year starter at USC, Lloyd was the top back on the depth chart in head coach Lincoln Riley’s RPO, spread (multiple-run) scheme. After three years at South Carolina, he transferred to the Trojans and had a productive 2023 season (led the team in rushing in 11 of 12 regular-season games), finishing as one of only five FBS running backs to average more than 7.0 yards per carry. With his vision and dynamic cutting skills, Lloyd is a shifty runner with the short-area explosion and lateral agility to leave defenders diving at air (20.87 percent of his carries resulted in a 10-plus-yard gain). He frequently springs free because of the creativity he shows with the ball in his hands, although he relies too much on his east-west options and needs to be more consistent finishing runs. Overall, Lloyd doesn’t have the profile of a high-volume back, but he can spark an NFL offense with his mix of patience, burst and promise as a pass catcher. His tape gives me flashbacks of a thicker version of Duke Johnson when he was coming out of Miami.

Round 3, No. 91: Ty'Ron Hopper, LB, Missouri (#11 LB / 5th round projected)

SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Missouri, Hopper played Will linebacker in defensive coordinator Blake Baker’s 4-2-5 base scheme. After struggling to find a regular role at Florida, he transferred and averaged 5.8 tackles per game in two seasons with Missouri, earning All-SEC honors as a senior. With his initial quickness and rangy speed, Hopper aggressively responds to ball carriers and pass catchers and closes in a hurry. However, he lacks the play strength desired for an every-down role and needs to improve his block awareness. Overall, Hopper needs to be more consistent at the point of attack and as a finisher, but he is a fast-flowing athlete with the pursuit skills and blitzing talent to find a home in the NFL. He projects as a run-and-chase rotational linebacker with the skill set for special teams.

Round 4: No. 111: Evan Williams, S, Oregon (#15 S / 5th-6th round projected)

SUMMARY: A one-year starter at Oregon, Williams was a versatile safety in head coach Dan Lanning’s balanced scheme. After four years at Fresno State, he transferred to Eugene for the 2023 season and led the Ducks in tackles, finishing his college career with 45 starts. Although he has the size of a free safety, Williams has the mentality of a box safety, with his disciplined run support and eagerness to drop the hammer. Though he reacts well to front-facing throws, he has a tough time locating the ball downfield, and his coverage busts lead to big plays for the offense. Overall, Williams doesn’t have playmaking instincts in the deep half of the field, but he is an energetic field presence with a trigger and toughness that are easy to appreciate. He projects as a backup strong safety and core special teamer in the mold of Alohi Gilman.

Round 5, No. 163: Jacob Monk, OL, Duke (#10 C / 6th round projected)

SUMMARY: A five-year starter at Duke, Monk switched between right guard and center in former offensive coordinator Kevin Johns’ scheme. The highest-ranked recruit in the Blue Devils’ class five years ago, he earned a starting role from the get-go (played tackle for the first time as a true freshman) and then showed off his versatility between guard and center, depending on where he was needed (earned All-ACC honors in his final three seasons). Monk has graceful movements out of his stance (second-best 10-yard split among centers at the combine) and processes his surroundings quickly (coaches rave about him as a teammate and worker). His hands have moments where they are all over the place, and he gets himself in trouble when he lunges in attempts to answer power. Overall, Monk doesn’t have elite size and strength, which puts more of a premium on his technique, but his foot quickness and football IQ belong on an NFL roster. He projects best as a backup center who can fill in at guard in a pinch.

Round 5, No. 169: Kitan Oladapo, S, Oregon State (#11 S / 4th-5th round projected)

SUMMARY: A three-year starter at Oregon State, Oladapo was a versatile safety in defensive coordinator Trent Bray’s hybrid 3-3-5 stack. A former walk-on at cornerback, he transitioned to safety in Corvallis and earned All-Pac-12 honors each of the last three seasons. Oladapo confidently reads run/pass and aggressively drives downhill with competitive urgency to make impactful tackles. His average twitch and build-up speed out of transitions will be more noticeable versus NFL receivers, but his route awareness helps keep him stay connected in coverage. Overall, Oladapo doesn’t have ideal top-end speed or rangy ball skills for deep coverage, but he is a good-sized athlete who trusts his sightlines and enjoys making noise in the run game. He projects best as a down safety who can also earn his paycheck on special teams.

Round 6, No. 202: Travis Glover, OT, Georgia State (#20 OT / 6th-7th round projected)

SUMMARY: A five-year starter at Georgia State, Glover lined up primarily at left tackle in former head coach Shawn Elliott’s balanced offense. With 57 career starts (second most in school history), he showed steady improvements over the years and played his best as a super senior. He continued that momentum with standout weeks at the Hula Bowl and Senior Bowl. A big-bodied blocker, Glover transfers his immense body force into his hands to jolt at contact, and he often goes back for seconds with his punishing mentality. Though he appears heavy at times in space, he relies on his length to reassert himself and save his feet from the quicksand. Overall, Glover isn’t an explosive athlete, and achieving leverage will be a constant battle for him, but he also isn’t a slug and looks for ways to unleash his power in all areas. Given his experience at both tackle and guard, he can provide depth at multiple spots on a team’s depth chart.

Round 7, No. 245: Michael Pratt, QB, Tulane (#8 QB / 3rd-4th round projected)

SUMMARY: A four-year starter at Tulane, Pratt thrived in former offensive coordinator Slade Nagle’s scheme. After not playing football until high school, he showed steady improvements each season with the Green Wave, throwing a touchdown pass in 44 of his 45 games and breaking Patrick Ramsey’s school records for passing yards and passing touchdowns. Pratt is very clean in his setup and delivers a quick, accurate stroke, showing the ability to feather passes in between levels of the defense. Though he operates with rhythm from the pocket, he needs to continue developing his feel to spot the rush and hasten his process when needed. Overall, Pratt might not have the high-level physical traits to carry an NFL offense, but you don’t see panic in his game, and he has natural sense for where to go with the football. He projects as a quality NFL backup with starting upside in the right role.

Round 7, No. 255: Kalen King, CB, Penn State (#26 CB / 5th-6th round projected)

SUMMARY: A two-year starter, King was an outside cornerback in former Penn State defensive coordinator Manny Diaz’s split-coverage scheme. He put himself on the NFL radar with a standout 2022 season (No. 3 in the FBS with 21 passes defended) and looked like a future first-round pick. However, cornerback is a volatile position, and King’s 2023 tape exemplified that. He managed just two passes defended in his final college season (although, he saw fewer targets) and struggled against the top opponents on his schedule, most notably in a tough matchup again Ohio State’s Marvin Harrison Jr. Growing up with a twin who shared the same passion for football meant King had a lifelong competitor, which helped develop his tenacity and toughness. Though he is a springy athlete, his twitch can be negated by below-average long speed and underdeveloped route anticipation versus savvy receivers. Overall, King is a fluid athlete with the aggressive play personality desired for the position, but his inconsistent tackling, coverage spacing and feel for when to take chances will continue to result in volatility in his game. He is viewed as a possible safety candidate by several NFL teams.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

We know Watson was seeing a specialist about his hamstring issues and that the entire S&T staff got overhauled this off-season. Wouldn't be surprised if Stokes did the same thing Watson is doing, just haven't it reported.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://x.com/sharpfootball/status/1784364888170598771?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

*nods approvingly*

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Bird in a Blender posted:

It’s a fourth rounder, so whatever, but drafting a punter there seems odd. There wasn’t anyone on defense we could’ve drafted, even for depth?

Bears have gone all in on offense, which should minimize the need for a punter.

Good teams punt the ball in January sometimes

Ryan Poles is playing chess while the rest of us are merely playing checkers

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
I'm totally fine using a 4th round pick to get the highest-rated punter in the entire class. The Bears were dead last in net punt yards last season.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I'm totally fine using a 4th round pick to get the highest-rated punter in the entire class. The Bears were dead last in net punt yards last season.

Inc nerd poo poo

https://twitter.com/_NickWhalen/status/1784320132723949794

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

lol falcons