Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

anyway what do you folks think the bears ought to do with the Quarterback Position

Petition to outlaw the forward pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

xbilkis posted:

Hey man great posts in here about Chicago pizza not really being pizza. Anyone have some fresh riffs about whether a hot dog is a sandwich

Now that would be epic

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

R.D. Mangles posted:

anyway what do you folks think the bears ought to do with the Quarterback Position

they should trade for justin fields.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

ItohRespectArmy posted:

they should trade for justin fields.

:hmmyes::hellyeah:

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Jordan Love is going to get $50mil/yr. Oh my goodness.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Black Sunshine posted:

First of all, Jon Stewart is a national treasure.

Secondly, a pizza isn't a goddamn casserole nor is it a pie, it's just pizza and that Chicago slop sure as poo poo isn't pizza

Checkmate

I can't tell which opinion is worse

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Man, all of you hating on Velveeta, probably next are going to tell me you hate how Hawaiians use Spam.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I don't give a poo poo if it's technically pizza or casserole or whatever, good deep dish is delicious and that's what actually matters

Canned Sunshine posted:

Man, all of you hating on Velveeta, probably next are going to tell me you hate how Hawaiians use Spam.

hawaiians are creative and use it well

no one on god's green earth uses velveeta for anything of value

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Canned Sunshine posted:

Spam owns. Spamwiches, Spam fried rice, Spam musubi...gimme all of it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My guilty pleasure is a velveeta/milk sauce Mac and cheese that we’ll make with kiełbasa and lightly steamed broccoli and it’s probably not very healthy lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Now what I came here to post about is how stoked I am to watch the lions receivers being one of our stud RBs and doing our version of the tush push, which will be dunking on the nfl

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

xbilkis posted:

Hey man great posts in here about Chicago pizza not really being pizza. Anyone have some fresh riffs about whether a hot dog is a sandwich

I'm down for more important conversations as well. Like, why is Green Bay possibly getting 40+ consecutive years of extremely good QB play? What kind of black magic is going on in Wisconsin?

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Black Sunshine posted:

I'm down for more important conversations as well. Like, why is Green Bay possibly getting 40+ consecutive years of extremely good QB play? What kind of black magic is going on in Wisconsin?

0. Get lucky
1. Draft a QB before you need one.
2. Let them sit for 2 years or so before ever putting them in a game.

I think step 0 is probably the most important part which is why no one in 40 years has tried to do the same thing

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Now what I came here to post about is how stoked I am to watch the lions receivers being one of our stud RBs and doing our version of the tush push, which will be dunking on the nfl

Forcing Jared Goff to do a tush push seems like a cruel and unusual punishment

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
English mustard on hotdogs or nothing

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Black Sunshine posted:

High fat, high grease diet.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://x.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1772663040187474238

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Jen X posted:

no one on god's green earth uses velveeta for anything of value

Aged cheeses do not melt very well, but if you mix them with Velveeta, which contains an insane amount of emulsifiers, you can get the deeper flavor of an aged cheese into your mac n cheese while still having it be creamy and homogeneous. :eng101:

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Fun to read The Ringer's team needs summary for the draft:

Chicago Bears
Quarterback, offensive line, wide receiver
Suggested players: Caleb Williams (QB), Rome Odunze (WR), Olu Fashanu (OT)

The Chicago Bears have never had a great quarterback. This draft is their best chance to get one that they have ever had. Chicago GM Ryan Poles dealt Justin Fields to Pittsburgh knowing that the future of the franchise depends on taking the right quarterback with the first pick (cough: Caleb Williams). But the Bears’ fate also depends on whether they can help Williams succeed. Poles committed $100 million to the Bears’ defense in March, heavily suggesting that he wants to use their other first-rounder, the ninth pick, on an offensive player. The Bears traded for Keenan Allen to pair him with receiver DJ Moore, but drafting a young receiver still makes sense. Allen can help Williams adjust in 2024. Rome Odunze could play with Williams until 2034. If the Big Three receivers are gone, Chicago could also add an offensive lineman to pair with last year’s first-rounder Darnell Wright. Either way, Chicago’s only true need is for Williams to succeed.

Minnesota Vikings
Quarterback, defensive back
Suggested players: Drake Maye (QB), Jayden Daniels (QB), JJ McCarthy (QB)

Minnesota’s cards are on the table: It wants to trade up for a quarterback. Kirk Cousins left in free agency, leaving the Vikings with Jaren Hall, Nick Mullens, and the newly signed Sam Darnold. But Darnold seems like the temporary guy until a rookie can take over. The Vikings have the 11th pick and also acquired the no. 23 pick, giving them nine picks in this draft. But their free agent spending (like the additions of running back Aaron Jones and pass rushers Jonathan Greenard and Andrew Van Ginkel) suggests that the Vikings know they won’t be making many selections in the top 100 this year, as they will likely trade some of that draft capital in to move up the board. The only question is whether the Vikings will grab the fourth quarterback in the draft or be able to convince Washington or New England to trade down from a top-three pick.

Green Bay Packers
Offensive line, defensive line, linebacker
Suggested players: Graham Barton (OT), Amarius Mims (OT), Payton Wilson (LB)

Green Bay doesn’t need anything. Such is the luxury of a team that made the divisional round and has just four players over 28 years old. Its entire receiving corps is on rookie contracts, Josh Jacobs replaced Aaron Jones at running back, and Jordan Love is Lisan al Gaib. Green Bay’s only offensive need is on the line. Guard Jon Runyan Jr., tackle Yosh Nijman, and longtime left tackle David Bakhtiari are all gone. The Packers addressed their biggest defensive hole in free agency by signing Giants safety Xavier McKinney. They still need a strong safety, and they have only two linebackers who played defense (as opposed to special teams) last year, making those priority spots. But the Packers don’t need much. Did I mention that they have 11 picks in this draft?

Detroit Lions
Edge rusher, interior defensive line, defensive back
Suggested players: Laiatu Latu (edge), Kool-Aid McKinstry (DB), Mike Sainristil (DB)

Detroit used free agency to fill its needs so that it could focus on its wants. The Lions traded for Tampa Bay corner Carlton Davis and signed Amik Robertson, a huge relief at a weak spot that had gotten weaker when they released cornerback Cam Sutton in March. Detroit also signed defensive tackle D.J. Reader and edge rusher Marcus Davenport and added Kevin Zeitler to replace Jonah Jackson at right guard. Those moves fortify Detroit’s biggest holes along the lines, though they aren’t perfect fixes. The Lions still need a young pass-rushing partner for Aidan Hutchinson, youth at defensive tackle, and more cornerback depth. But Detroit did an excellent job of ensuring it can take the best player available in the draft.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

So I moved from Chicago to Calgary :canada: last fall, and on a drive to my cousin's house we passed a pizzeria called Chicago Deep Dish Pizza. I later found this rabbit hole about it being copycatted by bootleg pizza joints: https://crackmacs.ca/food/bootleg-chicago-deep-dish-pizza-in-calgary/

Not sure I'll bother trying it, but it definitely looks closer to Detroit style.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Aged cheeses do not melt very well, but if you mix them with Velveeta, which contains an insane amount of emulsifiers, you can get the deeper flavor of an aged cheese into your mac n cheese while still having it be creamy and homogeneous. :eng101:

The real tech is picking up some sodium citrate salt, you can buy bags of food grade stuff from Amazon. Add it as needed as you melt your cheese and it functions as an emulsifier without the need to add velveeta or American cheeses.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

surf rock posted:

Jordan Love is Lisan al Gaib.

Crazy that Dune’s now mainstream enough to be off-handedly referenced in a sports column. :shepface:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

MikeCrotch posted:

Forcing Jared Goff to do a tush push seems like a cruel and unusual punishment

Sorry, I meant to imply that what Detroit does with the new kickoff return will kick the rest of the NFLs rear end in a way that is on par with how the tush push was used by the eagles to kick the NFLs rear end

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Crazy that Dune’s now mainstream enough to be off-handedly referenced in a sports column. :shepface:

Mashallah alhamdulillah

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

R.D. Mangles posted:

thinking about the bears just drafting a middle linebacker at one

That is why Kevin Warren was talking to Caleb about Bears history. They are going to draft him and convert him to middle linebacker, making him the quarterback of the defense.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

This is George McCaskey's only endearing quality. Whoever told him to play up being the hapless idiot fan owner deserves a medal

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Either Green Bay or Cleveland will be playing Philly in Brazil.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
I thought someone from Cleveland accidentally leaked that it was them.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I thought someone from Cleveland accidentally leaked that it was them.

Maurice Hurst said they were, but it's been yet to be confirmed by anyone. I wouldn't complain if it were the Browns.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

surf rock posted:

Fun to read The Ringer's team needs summary for the draft:

Green Bay Packers
Offensive line, defensive line, linebacker
Suggested players: Graham Barton (OT), Amarius Mims (OT), Payton Wilson (LB)

Green Bay doesn’t need anything. Such is the luxury of a team that made the divisional round and has just four players over 28 years old. Its entire receiving corps is on rookie contracts, Josh Jacobs replaced Aaron Jones at running back, and Jordan Love is Lisan al Gaib. Green Bay’s only offensive need is on the line. Guard Jon Runyan Jr., tackle Yosh Nijman, and longtime left tackle David Bakhtiari are all gone. The Packers addressed their biggest defensive hole in free agency by signing Giants safety Xavier McKinney. They still need a strong safety, and they have only two linebackers who played defense (as opposed to special teams) last year, making those priority spots. But the Packers don’t need much. Did I mention that they have 11 picks in this draft?

I've posted multiple times about this but I can't see the Packers taking a tackle in the first, unless their confidence in Rasheed Walker is enormously lower than what they've been putting out to the public about him. The weak spot in the line right now anyway isn't tackle, it's right guard.

That said I think the Packers 1. trade up 2. go BPA.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1773036487409287202?t=aQg8Y_0JmpaBZyVbAuIlMQ&s=19

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Good for him, well wishes, not a huge loss though.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I've posted multiple times about this but I can't see the Packers taking a tackle in the first, unless their confidence in Rasheed Walker is enormously lower than what they've been putting out to the public about him. The weak spot in the line right now anyway isn't tackle, it's right guard.

That said I think the Packers 1. trade up 2. go BPA.

My understanding is that someone like Barton has positional versatility, so that he could start at guard and then kick out if Walker doesn't continue to grow.

At the same time, on TAFS they mentioned that Green Bay hadn't drafted an offensive lineman in the first round since 2011, so who knows if they want to invest there.

One thing I'm curious about is: What's going on with Eric Stokes? I've seen CBs get mocked to the Packers a lot in this pre-draft period -- is the assuming that he's just cooked after all the injuries?

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Shrimpy posted:

My understanding is that someone like Barton has positional versatility, so that he could start at guard and then kick out if Walker doesn't continue to grow.

At the same time, on TAFS they mentioned that Green Bay hadn't drafted an offensive lineman in the first round since 2011, so who knows if they want to invest there.

One thing I'm curious about is: What's going on with Eric Stokes? I've seen CBs get mocked to the Packers a lot in this pre-draft period -- is the assuming that he's just cooked after all the injuries?

He was awful even in year 2 before the cascade of injuries later that year and last year.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Bwuuuuh, I wanted to keep him. Guess I can see just drafting a new guy instead of paying for a 29-year old WR3 though.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
https://twitter.com/BRlANBRANCH/status/1773025047004762290

Looks like Brian Branch has some thoughts on Jayden Daniels.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I agree with him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh my god the sound effects. You didn't have to do it to him, Brian.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

MJeff posted:

Oh my god the sound effects. You didn't have to do it to him, Brian.

they were poorly applied, except that one play with the rings
No I take it back, the rings themselves were good but the rest of it was done wrong.

Why are you playing the scramble sound before he scrambles?
Why are you playing the tinkle toes when he's pinballing.

Very amature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Dexo posted:

I agree with him.

Half my time watching him was me screaming "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SLIDE!!"