Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

selan dyin posted:

cant believe ive never seen this jfc ive got whiplash

it is in many ways, absolutely bugfuck

but like our rhino, it also always makes me laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarksydePhilFish
Dec 31, 2004

tabarnak ack ack

BBG immediately no-selling the twist absolutely murders me every single time.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

hey btw if this thread survives and sticks around i'd be happy to edit the op into something better, if someone gives me material. i dont have like, all the previous thread links or epic goon lore compendiums and i dont know what you guys like in your ops but id be happy to edit it or whatever

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Mia Wasikowska posted:

hey btw if this thread survives and sticks around i'd be happy to edit the op into something better, if someone gives me material. i dont have like, all the previous thread links or epic goon lore compendiums and i dont know what you guys like in your ops but id be happy to edit it or whatever

That would make too official looking. The bootleg vibes protect it

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

ah thank you, a thread like this is just what the forums were missing

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
thread needs a little lever you can pull and it turns into a post your pet thread for when the fuzz shows up

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
i am pleased to announce the stickdrift I thought I had was dust, back on fpses

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

TheSwizzler posted:

thread needs a little lever you can pull and it turns into a post your pet thread for when the fuzz shows up

The post where Toblerone Triangular coined the phrase 'purestrain gold' is behind a hidden door that only opens with a secret knock.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

this is my dog. hes sleepy and 19 years old

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

servin up bathtub distilled zipline

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Mia Wasikowska posted:

That's a good dog.

My dude held on until he couldn't in October. He was a good boy, but didn't like getting his picture taken.

BrownPepper
Dec 30, 2017

Mia Wasikowska posted:

he looks like a nice guy.

my dog is getting older and im trying to appreciate all the time we get to spend with her :)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Well well well, what have we- oh, this is just a post your pet thread. Nevermind, carry on

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

So a guy wanted to show off a FE8 Reverse Recruitment patch in IZ, it takes a turn

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749611

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
hey can someone remind me of the thread where that one guy's roommate went completely insane and filled his bathtub with poo poo

the phrase "fecal lasagna" has been rolling around in my head and I just remembered where it was from

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

death cob for cutie posted:

hey can someone remind me of the thread where that one guy's roommate went completely insane and filled his bathtub with poo poo

the phrase "fecal lasagna" has been rolling around in my head and I just remembered where it was from

Martin Random

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1353420

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly
I was going to post this in the last attempt at this thread but then didn't.

One of my all time favorites: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1174437&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Also, other than Hawaii(?) retreat goon, is there some other story involving 30-50 feral pigs?

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

IIRC the 30-50 feral hogs thing came from some American CHUD on Twitter justifying why they needed high-powered automatic rifles. There could be legions of feral pigs bursting into their back yard and messily devouring their children, or something.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

yeah there was that goon who killed a lot of hogs then arranged their corpses into some kinda gbs catchphrase I think

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

was he using a drone with night vision or something as well as an aerial spotter?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

clocks in i'm sure feeling the job security at this place!

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I was reading an old archived thread and there were two posts at the end that were like "Warning...Needless Post..." right in a row.. is that some archives glitch? if anyone knows.

It was this thread btw, which seems like its probably got some lore behind it also

https://twitter.com/wwwdotyoutube/status/1628496348768088066

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

TheSwizzler posted:

yeah there was that goon who killed a lot of hogs then arranged their corpses into some kinda gbs catchphrase I think

Dude was insane but I respect him for being willing to hunt feral hogs with a spear rather than shooting them.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

TheSwizzler posted:

Was that the guy who ran around in rice paddies at night with a spear and a gopro screaming like a maniac?

Or a different hog slayer

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

Was that the guy who ran around in rice paddies at night with a spear and a gopro screaming like a maniac?

I think that was the guy (in Louisiana, had a crazy bunker), but I also think there was the guy who used a drone unless I'm misremembering

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Mia Wasikowska posted:

I was reading an old archived thread and there were two posts at the end that were like "Warning...Needless Post..." right in a row.. is that some archives glitch? if anyone knows.

It was this thread btw, which seems like its probably got some lore behind it also

https://twitter.com/wwwdotyoutube/status/1628496348768088066

wow that is such a meme I had no idea it came from here. reading it now gives me a lot of nostalgia for old internet :unsmith:

(thats japanese for pink)

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

Mad Hamish posted:

IIRC the 30-50 feral hogs thing came from some American CHUD on Twitter justifying why they needed high-powered automatic rifles. There could be legions of feral pigs bursting into their back yard and messily devouring their children, or something.

:stare:

Vox Nihili posted:

This is making me concerned about the number of crazy feral hog people are actually out there. Particularly since my husband swears none of these are the ones he was thinking of....

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Mad Hamish posted:

I seem to recall he wasn't a right wing dude and he didn't do that well a case for the need for high-powered automatic rifles, but ultimately he was proven right that 30-50 feral hogs did start appearing months later (which did not necessitate high-powered automatic rifles, sometimes you just need a slightly crazy person on a helicopter throwing spears)

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

There are no problems that can't be solved by a slightly crazy person on a helicopter throwing spears.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Frankly it's probably not worth it, even if you can track the hogs to their lair they're only Treasure Type O and there's a 10% chance they are led by 1d4 werehogs.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

It sounds unhinged, but feral hogs are apparently quite a nuisance animal that can get big enough to kill and eat a human. And they're smart. And they tend to travel in numbers.
Like, feral hogs are one of the few legit answers to "what use is an AR-15?" or "why would you ever need one of those?". They shoot lots repeatedly, but the projectiles themselves are too small to be used to legally hunt large game where I live. They're probably designed to ideally be used on mid-sized mammals, like humans or hogs. If you're going to shoot one out of X number of pigs trashing your back 40, you will want to be able to shoot again quickly. Either because you missed the first time, or several of the other pigs are furious at you, and coming to mess you up.

Personally, I don't really go out for any of that, but 30-50 feral hogs has something of a bit of truth to it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

And yet this crazy motherfucker hunted them with spears

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Does anybody remember who that red headed girl was that posted in ylls (i think it was still "watch and weight" at that time) that lost a bunch of weight and some shady weight loss program stole her before and after pics? I wonder if she was able to sue them. I would be so pissed if that happened to me after all that hard work

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

some goon did a play by post of a very detailed military simulator tabletop rpg, pitting various weapons against the 30-50 feral hogs to see which would be effective in stopping the gunner from being overrun

The ar-15 barely scratched the surface of the hog horde. The machine grenade launcher did pretty well I think. I'll have to dig up the link to the thread, it was fun

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
here ya go: Let's Play: Phoenix Command: AR-15 vs. 30-50 feral hogs

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

holy poo poo

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

MISSION FAILED - 30 FERAL HOGS REMAINING

gently caress yeah

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

lmao

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

how have i never seen this thread, lmao
EXTREME HOG PROXIMITY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!
There was a weird old GBS thread which lives rent-free in my head but that nobody seems to remember or ever brings up.

Some goony guy posted an ad on craigslist that he was looking for some simple manual work. The ad was weirdly worded and for example included that he didn't want to do any religious work or something like that. At least three goons decided to troll him by pretending to be a 1) single cat landy who needs to help with moving or something, 2) a priest who needs someone to move religious paraphernalia, 3) guy organizing a fetish party who needs a butler who's gonna wear a gimp suit. The goon immediatelly started hitting on the cat lady and sent a picture of (presumably) his penis to the fetish party guy. Then somehow somebody managed to dox the goonlord by linking a goofy youtube video he made with his high school friends. Then the thread got locked and I never managed to find it afterwards. The whole thing happened really fast. It was probably around 2011.

My other favorite was the insane "Yummy mommy" thread where goons were actually posting pictures of their "hot" moms which culminated with Samurai Asspirate posting pictures of his stepmom who he wanted to gently caress and actually made some pathetic moves on (and who also gets frequently confused with Microwave's mom).