Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matthewtheman
Oct 20, 2015

by Lowtax
It completely reverses recruitment order, including Creature Campaign characters, so Lyon is now your Lord, and has doubled growths rates too!(this is mainly to make up for his lack of promotion, no other units growths were changed except buffing a few growths hat were higher in the JP version but nerfed in the U.S. version back to what they were in the JP version) Here's a link to the topic I made for it on Serenesforest, with the patch and a bunch of relevant info on it:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=58389

I'd like to get some feedback on it, so have fun and playtest to your hearts content, whilst letting me know thoughts on how to improve the hack and such. I've personally playtested up to 10A so far. So yeah, enjoy, and I'd really appreciate feedback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Oh hell yeah.. This is the good poo poo. Reveresed recruitment order + Creature Campaign characters? It doest get any better than this folks. This thread... gets my 5 golden man babies.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Real nice FE8 Reverse Recruitment hack you got here.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

unironically p cool op nice styff

Dec 26, 2012

good poo poo. thanks

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Matthewtheman posted:

It completely reverses recruitment order, including Creature Campaign characters, so Lyon is now your Lord, and has doubled growths rates too!(this is mainly to make up for his lack of promotion, no other units growths were changed except buffing a few growths hat were higher in the JP version but nerfed in the U.S. version back to what they were in the JP version) Here's a link to the topic I made for it on Serenesforest, with the patch and a bunch of relevant info on it:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=58389

I'd like to get some feedback on it, so have fun and playtest to your hearts content, whilst letting me know thoughts on how to improve the hack and such. I've personally playtested up to 10A so far. So yeah, enjoy, and I'd really appreciate feedback.

Thank You

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Hmm, that's cool, but it isn't a FE9 reverse hack. Voted 3.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

you da man, matt!

Matthewtheman
Oct 20, 2015

by Lowtax

SunAndSpring posted:

Hmm, that's cool, but it isn't a FE9 reverse hack. Voted 3.
Funnily enough, I actually did the calculations for an FE9 Reverse hack, and you can look at the results here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17sq8-ujeu60mw72Yylcx9USnuVNKbA3K9Iesn64xtxc/edit?usp=sharing

I probably won't implement them into an actual hack though since I know literally nothing about FE9 hacking.

Anyway, thanks for the positive comments so far guys. Nice to know the 12+ hours of effort I spent making this hack weren't for nothing. I literally spent my entire Saturday from sometime after noon when I woke up until about 3 in the morning working on it.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i gonna troll this guy!! im gonna do it!!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the fire emblem community thanks you

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
About drat time someone did this...

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im going to hack off the ops dick and balls

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Matthewtheman posted:

Funnily enough, I actually did the calculations for an FE9 Reverse hack, and you can look at the results here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17sq8-ujeu60mw72Yylcx9USnuVNKbA3K9Iesn64xtxc/edit?usp=sharing

I probably won't implement them into an actual hack though since I know literally nothing about FE9 hacking.

Anyway, thanks for the positive comments so far guys. Nice to know the 12+ hours of effort I spent making this hack weren't for nothing. I literally spent my entire Saturday from sometime after noon when I woke up until about 3 in the morning working on it.

Nice. Voting 4 then. Path of Radiance is my favorite.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

thread delivers

Matthewtheman
Oct 20, 2015

by Lowtax
Btw, L'Arachel's name is messed up for some reason. It isn't where it's supposed to be and instead overlaps with the stat names, and the game thinks her name is L?Arachel for some reason. I've attached a screenshot so you guys can see what I'm talking about.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i dont care but the op did what he said he was gonna do, so this gets a 5

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOPlK10Rcdk

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Matthew the Man, you just got yourself a 5.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Matthewtheman posted:

Btw, L'Arachel's name is messed up for some reason. It isn't where it's supposed to be and instead overlaps with the stat names, and the game thinks her name is L?Arachel for some reason. I've attached a screenshot so you guys can see what I'm talking about.

Thanks

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Have you done any other hacks, Matt?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Awesome work OP. That said, you can win a free ipods at https://www. freepods.cz

Matthewtheman
Oct 20, 2015

by Lowtax

Black Baby Goku posted:

Have you done any other hacks, Matt?

I did hack FE6 to edit in characters from the other GBA FEs. The link is here:
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=58184

There are three patches I made. The first adds a few units from FE7 to the game, the second adds even more FE7 characters, and the third adds some Sacred Stones characters as well.

Btw, here's another cool feature I included in this hack. I changed the Assassin sprite/animation so that Marisa(who is a prepromoted Assassin in this hack) actually looks female, instead of just being a recolored Jaffar. Note that I didn't make the animation myself, I got it from a thread in serenes full of custom animations for people to use in fan projects. I have playtested far enough to confirm all the animations work just fine. A funny thing is, since I just replaced the male Assassin animation instead of adding a new animation, ALL Assassins are now "female", which could lead to may lulz if you decide to promote Rennac to Assassin. Here's a screencap of the animation for reference:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Matthewtheman posted:

I did hack FE6 to edit in characters from the other GBA FEs. The link is here:
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=58184

There are three patches I made. The first adds a few units from FE7 to the game, the second adds even more FE7 characters, and the third adds some Sacred Stones characters as well.

Btw, here's another cool feature I included in this hack. I changed the Assassin sprite/animation so that Marisa(who is a prepromoted Assassin in this hack) actually looks female, instead of just being a recolored Jaffar. Note that I didn't make the animation myself, I got it from a thread in serenes full of custom animations for people to use in fan projects. I have playtested far enough to confirm all the animations work just fine. A funny thing is, since I just replaced the male Assassin animation instead of adding a new animation, ALL Assassins are now "female", which could lead to may lulz if you decide to promote Rennac to Assassin. Here's a screencap of the animation for reference:

Thank you Matt

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I need to rewrite my ingame character editor someday

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Doesn't this just mean "The Rachel?"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hmmmm. Interesting. *blows on bubble pipe*

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thread delivers.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Thank you for this FE8 hack.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I can't argue with the title of this thread

Soral
May 30, 2009

[said the same way stewie from family guy pronounces whip] whilst

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
would anyone actually use the character editor if i made it

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Realtalk: I like playing the GBA Fire Emblem hacks, specially the silly ones like Gheb Quest

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
74000130 03BB
E25b50F0 0008
725b50F1 0001
E202BE4C 0034
725b50F1 0001
825B50F0 0000
74000130 037B
E25b50F2 0008
725b50F3 0001
E202BE4C FFCC
725b50F3 0001
825b50f2 0000
74000130 03EB
E25b50F4 0008
725b50F5 0001
E202BE50 0054
725b50F5 0001
825b50f4 0000
74000130 03DB
E25b50F6 0008
725b50F7 0001
E202BE50 FFAC
725b50F7 0001
825b50f6 0000

this is my old character editor. i dont remember how it works and i posted on FESS talking about getting "seth the dunkelstein" with it and i have no idea wtf that means

it might work on this hack and it's a codebreaker code

edit: open character stat screen, use Select+UP for portrait upwards, select+down for portrait downwards, select+left for class down, select+right for class up.

portrait actually affects growths

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Nov 2, 2015

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

Awesome work OP. That said, you can win a free ipods at https://www. freepods.cz

Matthewtheman
Oct 20, 2015

by Lowtax
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750074

I'm doing an LP of this if anyone's interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thank You