Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

This is a thread that I noticed was missing, but I think it's really important and serves a vital purpose. That purpose is, of course, talking about your favorite Sega games, consoles, characters, really anything Sega related.

To be honest, I mostly just really wanted to talk about how Super Monkey Ball Deluxe is a perfect video game. It's easy to pick up, incredibly hard to master, hard as balls generally, amazing minigames to blow off steam so you don't give your controller bite marks, beautiful and interesting art direction, cute little story mode. Plus it has the best speedruns. Check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNeTtbbnxs0&t=1139s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

sega megadrive ftw imo

i had a streets of rage 2 cartridge that played 1.2-1.5x speed the original and i had no idea it was supposed to be slower until i played emulated copies on a pc

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
The Dreamcast was the right console at the wrong time

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA53sQ2_sEQ

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

I can honestly say that I dont think Ive ever played a Sega game that wasnt on an arcade machine. Virtua Cop and Daytona ftw tho

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
My buddy had the Game Gear, the big heavy one. You could bash a guy's brains in with that loving thing, like an old payphone.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

shining force 1 and 2 and phantasy star IV are top tier games

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Animal-Mother posted:

My buddy had the Game Gear, the big heavy one. You could bash a guy's brains in with that loving thing, like an old payphone.

I have a sega nomad

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Sega CD and Sega Saturn were pretty rad. They were by far the fanciest consoles my eight year old mind could ever conceive of. I have fond memories of playing such smash hits as Vay, Guardian Heroes, and Dark Wizard.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Clockwork Knight for Sega Saturn was hella underrated imho

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
Panzer dragoon got done dirty. Orta was so good, and then nothing except a lovely remake years later. Also why no remake of saga?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Typing of the Dead ftw

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I had a Sega 32X CD and a Nomad and both were awesome.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Sega was my childhood tbh. Had a 3 in 1 game with golden axe, streets of rage and shinobi. The first two of those were played to death by me and siblings. Toejam & Earl also, sonic obvs, some hard as hell tailspin game. Decap attack

Didn't actually play Streets of rage 2 until I discovered emulators in my teen years but even without childhood nostalgia I was still amazed how much better it was

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The Super Nintendo was Superman while the Genesis was Batman

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

i must compose posted:

Panzer dragoon got done dirty. Orta was so good, and then nothing except a lovely remake years later. Also why no remake of saga?

Orta is the best Panzer Dragoon, it is true

Please bring PD back Sega

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

I got a JP Mega Drive some time ago and it's very neat. Planning on getting also a 8bitdo M30 pad with a matching black receiver

Too bad MD2 minis are hard to get

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Oh god where to start.. how bout with the super scrolling king
SPACE HARRIER

and OUTRUN

which reminds me.. theres an OUTRUN 2!!!!

also panzer dragoon zwei

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Joey McChrist posted:

shining force 3 also rules ftw

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

DAYTONA USA

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Shining Force has some absolute bangers on its soundtrack

gurragadon
Jul 28, 2006

TheSwizzler posted:

The Dreamcast was the right console at the wrong time

Dreamcast was the right console with the wrong controller. How am I supposed to enjoy guilty gear x with the stupid cord pulling from the bottom?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Did anyone else have the Sega Channel for the Genesis? We had it briefly and was how I was introduced to (and fell in love with) Phantasy Star IV through a demo on it.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

RIP

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I only ever played one of the Master Systems, and whatever the built in game was. I think it was Alex Kid.

quote:

In South Korea, the Sega Mark III was released by Samsung under the name "Gam*Boy" in April 1989 and then the Master System II was released under the name "Aladdin Boy" in 1992.

Wee has a new favorite as of 09:29 on Mar 12, 2023

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i remembered yakuza, yakuza 2, yakuza 3, yakuza 4, yakuza: dead souls, yakuza 5, yakuza 0, yakuza kiwami, yakuza 6: th song of life, yakuza kiwami 2, judgement, yakuza: like a dragon, lost judgement, and like a dragon ishin!

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaTnBljx8Qo

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
Holla if you remember Vectorman

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

VROOM VROOM posted:

Holla if you remember Vectorman

hell yeah I'm a vectorfreak

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i really liked shining the holy ark, and still have the cheats for the sega saturn command and conquer port burned into my muscle memory

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
Warsong/Langrisser on the genesis was great until I learned the other systems' versions were better. Langrisser 2 was also good even if Der Langrisser on the SNES had more paths.

Joey McChrist posted:

hell yeah

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I decided I wanted a Saturn as a kid and got one for Xmas with the pack-in bundle of Virtua Cop, Virtua Fighter 2 and Daytona USA. The soundtrack for Daytona is burned into my brain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J9ffRgADRU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
my oldest and youngest stepbrothers got the saturn and dreamcast respectively. best of both worlds as i got to play em without being the one that owned the consoles that didn't last

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
(larry king voice) for my money you can't beat, the nomad

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

gunstar heroes is one of the best video games ever made

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np5iu0w42G8

ADMINISTER SMACKIES

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc3AK8k90xw

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga62uiXbEjI

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Thank you i searched chu chu rocket but the name of a former poster came up and I had to nope out before I posted samizdat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGA4PilHdr0

I only drove from like 2000-2008 and the Jet Set Radio OST lived in my car the entire time.