Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Silly Burrito posted:

Well, did you get him?

Onto the fourth round!!!

I did! Probably my favorite running back in this class outside the top five guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Sataere posted:

I did! Probably my favorite running back in this class outside the top five guys.

Exceptional name for an exceptional rb

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Exceptional name for an exceptional rb

I wish he had a bit more power to his game, but it is hard to argue with blazing speed and acceleration.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Third round in the books, everything from here on out is basically gravy for me

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Sataere posted:

Well seeing as how the 49ers have CMC and Elijah Mitchell, I didn’t think RB was a high need for them. ;)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

ShakeZula posted:

Third round in the books, everything from here on out is basically gravy for me

And I’m a goon who loves mashed potatoes…

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Silly Burrito posted:

Well seeing as how the 49ers have CMC and Elijah Mitchell, I didn’t think RB was a high need for them. ;)

Yeah, truth be told I was more worried about the picks before you

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
What is happening with the pics in the picks thread :psyduck:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Nervous posted:

What, the 49ers are playing against the Rams, Seahawks and Cardinals aren’t they?

(Saints too :ssh:)

(Love the Tank pic)

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 19, 2023

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Nervous posted:

The real question is why do you hate Izzy?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Sad King Bigsby

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Wow, I can't believe I might actually get to make my 4th round pick. I've been totally zoned out since I last picked at 43, lol.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

pm me who you want to pick and i won't select them unless i have no other players i am interested in. this isn't game bull crap. as GMs it will help facilitate future trades

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

but beware. i might be tricking you and stealing your players. you have to decide what you're going to do. that's what makes it interesting

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

I finally know who Metallica were writing about when they wrote Master of Puppets.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Nervous posted:

I finally know who Metallica were writing about when they wrote Master of Puppets.

Was is Anthony Richardson?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Sam Hurd

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Sataere posted:

Was is Anthony Richardson?

He's master of my puppet :allears::swoon:

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Always love when I'm making a pick and feel like the guy has to be gone already, so I'm searching my own OP over and over again. Very glad to get Scott in the 4th, tremendous value.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i thought i was going to get him for the big cleveland browns

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i didn't get him for anybody

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I just realized there's a player named Bumper Pool, an LB from Arkansas. How has BUMPER POOL not already been drafted? How was he not drafted #1?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Darth Brooks posted:

I just realized there's a player named Bumper Pool, an LB from Arkansas. How has BUMPER POOL not already been drafted? How was he not drafted #1?

Sounds like he can't tackle

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Googles “who the gently caress is Jammie Robinson”

drat that is a patriots rear end pick, well done, although Bill will get horny for him before the fourth round

quote:

Robinson isn't known for his size or elite athleticism. He's a savvy, gritty defender who is physical against the run and takes the right angles to make up for his lack of top-end speed.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Apr 20, 2023

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

ShakeZula posted:

Always love when I'm making a pick and feel like the guy has to be gone already, so I'm searching my own OP over and over again. Very glad to get Scott in the 4th, tremendous value.

:( I had him as a second-round talent; he was 35 spots ahead of the next-highest guy still available on my board

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Docjowles posted:

Googles “who the gently caress is Jammie Robinson”

drat that is a patriots rear end pick, well done, although Bill will get horny for him before the fourth round

Jammie Robinson loving owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnF7TLDJv6c

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Apr 20, 2023

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
seminole moment heh clever

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I’ll pick tonight! Sorry for the delay

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Just looked at the latest Kiper/McShay draft (https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/dr...ng-all-32-teams)
“, and hey, I nailed two picks! One for the Saints (Bresee) and one for the Niners (Diaby). I’m batting .333, time to go into the draft posting hall of fame.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Just looked at the latest Kiper/McShay draft (https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/dr...ng-all-32-teams)
“, and hey, I nailed two picks! One for the Saints (Bresee) and one for the Niners (Diaby). I’m batting .333, time to go into the draft posting hall of fame.

For what it's worth, since I have ESPN+ through Hulu, here is round 1 of this mock. They give Seattle Hendon Hooker in the 2nd. I appreciate how in NE's selection they just pretend Gesicki doesn't exist.

quote:

ROUND 1
1. Carolina Panthers (from CHI)
Kiper's pick: Bryce Young, QB, Alabama

I'm doing this mock draft to fill needs -- within reason. My No. 1 overall prospect? Defensive tackle Jalen Carter. The Panthers have to get a quarterback, though, and they can get their choice of them at No. 1. Young has superstar potential.

2. Houston Texans
McShay's pick: C.J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State

I really wouldn't be surprised if Houston jumps at the chance to draft a dominant defender like Alabama's Will Anderson Jr., but I'm making the pick here, and there's no way I'm passing up one of the top two quarterbacks in the class with that glaring need. Stroud is extremely accurate and would give the Texans' offense a franchise passer to build around.

3. Arizona Cardinals
Kiper's pick: Will Anderson Jr., DE, Alabama

The Cardinals are extremely thin along the defensive line. Anderson could become one of the faces of their franchise. He could have been the No. 1 pick in last year's draft.

4. Indianapolis Colts
McShay's pick: Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida

Indy has to solve the problem under center. Richardson might not be ready to play right away, but the sky is the limit on his potential. With a huge arm and great mobility, he'd be a dynamic player running new coach Shane Steichen's offense.

5. Seattle Seahawks (from DEN)
Kiper's pick: Jalen Carter, DT, Georgia

If Carter falls to Seattle here, general manager John Schneider might rush the pick to the podium. Carter is a perfect fit in the middle of Seattle's defense. He will eat up blockers and make everyone around him better.
play

6. Detroit Lions (from LAR)
McShay's pick: Tyree Wilson, DE, Texas Tech

I was hoping Jalen Carter would fall here, but Wilson is a really good fit with the Lions, who had well-documented defensive issues last season. Pair him with Aidan Hutchinson and James Houston and that edge rush could cause problems for opponents.

7. Las Vegas Raiders
Kiper's pick: Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois

I thought hard about Kentucky quarterback Will Levis, but the reality is the Raiders believe they have the roster to compete in the AFC West this season. That's why they signed Jimmy Garoppolo. If they want a defender to help them in 2023, it's Witherspoon, who could immediately become their top guy.

8. Atlanta Falcons
McShay's pick: Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon

How about popping in Gonzalez -- who has great speed, size and ball skills -- opposite A.J. Terrell? The Falcons gave up 7.3 yards per pass attempt last season (23rd in the NFL), but this duo could smother opposing receivers.

9. Chicago Bears (from CAR)
Kiper's pick: Peter Skoronski, OT/G, Northwestern

I've gone back and forth on which offensive lineman the Bears will take here, but Skoronski is the best on my board (No. 8 overall), even though I like him a little more as a guard. Chicago needs a right tackle, which is why I projected Darnell Wright here in my two-round mock. I'd be confident in Skoronski's ability to learn the position.

10. Philadelphia Eagles (from NO)
McShay's pick: Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas

Look, I know he might not go this high, and we can spend hours talking about running back value in Round 1. But Robinson is my No. 2 overall prospect and makes sense in this Eagles offense. He is a complete back who could dominate alongside newly extended quarterback Jalen Hurts in the backfield.

11. Tennessee Titans
Kiper's pick: Will Levis, QB, Kentucky

Thanks for not taking my guy, Todd, and leaving him here for me. The Titans could get one of the steals of the draft. Levis is a little bit of a gunslinger, but he hasn't come close to his ceiling. He is my second-ranked passer in this class. With the right infrastructure around him, he is going to thrive. Tennessee has playmakers to help him. Now it needs an offensive lineman (or two) on Day 2.

12. Houston Texans (from CLE)
McShay's pick: Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State

I landed both of the Texans' picks in Round 1, and I'm keeping the pairing of C.J. Stroud and Jaxon Smith-Njigba together after they piled up 1,606 receiving yards and nine TDs in 2021 at Ohio State (before a hamstring injury limited Smith-Njigba last year). The wideout is a super smooth route runner and could be a star in the NFL.

13. New York Jets
Kiper's pick: Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia

As we await the outcome of the Aaron Rodgers tug of war with the Packers, the Jets have to find a new starter at right tackle. Jones started every game at left tackle for the national champs last season, but he has the versatility to move to the right side.

14. New England Patriots
McShay's pick: Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Ohio State

Man, I thought about tight end Dalton Kincaid here. Patriots coach Bill Belichick loves two-TE sets, and Kincaid would be great with Hunter Henry. But quarterback Mac Jones also needs protection after struggles under pressure last season, and Johnson has the size, power and awareness to hold down left tackle. (Johnson also is versatile enough to play elsewhere along the line while Trent Brown is still under contract.)

15. Green Bay Packers
Kiper's pick: Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah

There are some good edge rushers still on the board, but I wouldn't pass up Kincaid if I were running Green Bay's draft. He is the best pass-catching tight end in this draft, a true seam stretcher with soft hands.

16. Washington Commanders
McShay's pick: Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee

I know Washington just signed Andrew Wylie, but Wright is an excellent run-blocker who could be a long-term solution at right tackle. And if the Commanders want, they could bump him inside as a rookie. Wright plays with power and quickness to open running lanes and stall pass-rush attempts.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers
Kiper's pick: Zay Flowers, WR, Boston College

What a landing spot for one of my favorite prospects in this class. Flowers can play inside or outside, and he can make defenders miss after the catch. The Steelers can fill their need at cornerback in Round 2.
Update: The Steelers are adding Allen Robinson via trade, but he's a much different receiver than Flowers. This deal doesn't change Pittsburgh's need, and I could see it still adding Flowers here.

18. Detroit Lions
McShay's pick: Calijah Kancey, DT, Pittsburgh

OK, I like this. We're building one heck of a defensive line in Detroit after landing Tyree Wilson earlier. Sure, Kancey is undersized (6-foot-1, 281 pounds), but he is explosive and can make an impact as a run-stuffer and as an interior pass-rusher.

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Kiper's pick: Lukas Van Ness, DE, Iowa

I'm not quite as high on Van Ness as you, Todd -- he is outside my top 25 overall -- but NFL teams reach for edge rushers, and we haven't had one in a while. I wouldn't be surprised if Van Ness landed in the top 12. In Tampa Bay, he'd play end in the Bucs' 3-4 defense.

20. Seattle Seahawks
McShay's pick: Nolan Smith, OLB, Georgia

It's a slight slide for Smith, but Seattle won't be complaining. He showed off his explosion at the combine, and you see it on tape too, with his great takeoff speed and change-of-direction ability. The Seahawks have to focus on building up that defensive line, so even after you got them Jalen Carter at No. 5, I'm getting them a disruptive edge rusher here.

21. Los Angeles Chargers
Kiper's pick: Jordan Addison, WR, USC

Addison would mesh well with the skill sets of Mike Williams and Keenan Allen in L.A., likely playing mostly in the slot. He is the best route runner of the wideouts in this class.

22. Baltimore Ravens
McShay's pick: Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Mississippi State.

The Ravens are looking for a playmaking corner to line up opposite Marlon Humphrey, so I think the guy who picked off 14 passes in college -- including six pick-sixes -- makes a lot of sense. Sure, Forbes is only 166 pounds, but his instincts, speed and arm length make him tough to beat. Mel, I know you're also a big fan of his game.

23. Minnesota Vikings
Kiper's pick: Joey Porter Jr., CB, Penn State

Corner is a clear weakness for Minnesota, which brought in Byron Murphy Jr. in free agency to replace veteran Patrick Peterson. Long-armed Porter could see early action outside. He didn't have much production in college -- one interception -- but that should change at the next level.

24. Jacksonville Jaguars
McShay's pick: Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame

Yes, the Jags just franchise-tagged Evan Engram, but this pick still makes sense to me for a team that could go "best available" at No. 24. Mayer not only will give quarterback Trevor Lawrence a big target to hit on third down and in the red zone but also is one of the best blocking tight ends in the class. And with Engram under contract for the 2023 season only, Mayer's role could expand in the future.

25. New York Giants
Kiper's pick: Deonte Banks, CB, Maryland

With the top three receivers off the board in this scenario, the Giants shouldn't reach -- which is what Todd is about to do for Dallas. New York should target a corner instead. Banks has the size, speed and instincts to be a No. 1 corner.

26. Dallas Cowboys
McShay's pick: Quentin Johnston, WR, TCU

Yeah, you said it, Mel. This feels a little early for Johnston, but I played myself here a little bit by taking Michael Mayer -- who would have been a perfect fit in Dallas -- off the board two picks ago. Regardless, there's no denying that the Cowboys need pass-catchers, and Johnston could be the true No. 2 behind CeeDee Lamb. Johnston has a big catch radius and can make plays downfield.

27. Buffalo Bills
Kiper's pick: Trenton Simpson, ILB, Clemson

I'm breaking my rules a little bit because I don't have a first-round grade on Simpson. The Bills just don't have many starting spots open, but they need a replacement inside for Tremaine Edmunds, who signed with the Bears. Simpson could fill that need; he has the coverage traits to play on third downs.

28. Cincinnati Bengals
McShay's pick: Julius Brents, CB, Kansas State

I'm guessing this will be a bit of a surprise, but I love this dude's tape. And I just moved Brents up to No. 27 overall on my board. He is tall and long, and he can smother receivers in press coverage. The Bengals really need some help in that area.
play

29. New Orleans Saints (from SF/MIA/DEN)
Kiper's pick: Bryan Bresee, DT, Clemson

The Saints are a hard team to predict. Could they go tight end here? What about a young edge defender or safety? Ultimately, after New Orleans cleaned out its defensive tackle position this offseason, Bresee makes too much sense. He has some pass-rush upside too.

30. Philadelphia Eagles
McShay's pick: Myles Murphy, DE, Clemson

How about the other really good defensive lineman from Clemson? The Eagles' D-line was excellent last season, recording 70 sacks. But the unit is aging and could have depth issues. Murphy has the burst to get home on the QB and fits what the Eagles like to do in Round 1: build up the trenches.

31. Kansas City Chiefs
Kiper's pick: Will McDonald IV, OLB, Iowa State

Here's another team that can afford to take the best prospect available. The Chiefs selected defensive end George Karlaftis in Round 1 last year, and you can think of McDonald as a complement to Karlaftis' skill set. McDonald is a speed rusher who will wreck offensive tackles in pass situations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Myles Murphy to the Eages in the first you say? :thunk:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I just moved Brents up to No. 27 overall on my board so i have to draft him to a team around there no matter what

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

love the picks

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Alright, super happy with getting my third-ranked safety (arguably second-ranked after Branch since the Packers need a free safety specifically and I don't think Antonio Johnson fit that) in the fourth round.

Personally, I say we keep drafting until we get to the big day, even if that means going into the fifth round. This has been a good year!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

let's get through the 4th round. this one is for pop dog

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Cavauro posted:

let's get through the 4th round. this one is for pop dog

Nice to see Shockmaster's brother again.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

The Vikings defensive rebuild continues. Defensive end, linebacker and now corner.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

great job on those

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I wanted Riley Moss in the 4th :( Kelly is an little too slow for my tastes but seems alright / needed to.grab a CB in the 4th instead of moss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
Bit of a luxury pick, but Iosivas is a player that I think will be a monster in 2/3 years time if he lands in the right spot. I imagine he'll be a good special teamer to start out too.