Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
drat it only took nhtsa 8 years to react

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Smythe posted:

i read the thread hes quoting and for a guy who has a masters in political science from berkeley and purports to be a student of political philosophy his posts are not only indicative of having read precisely zero political thought but he makes a bunch of boneheaded statements and uses vernacular that stink of high school civics / reddit. really bizarre.

there's lots of real good quotes to roast musk and his destruction of twitter from the canon of political thought lol, especially frankfurt school and postmodern people, who presciently spoke on these matters seemingly directly; yet he employs an animal farm reference - the 7th grade summer reading list.

hosed up

sorry I'm reading along with Lex Fridman as he does his reading list and we haven't gotten to that one yet.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

So I finally saw a Cybertruck in person, today. It was kinda astonishing, honestly. I was walking through the parking lot, and there, right in front of the store, was this massive, hideous thing. It looked like it was from a N64 game. Banjo and Kazooie were fixing to rev up the engine and vehicular manslaughter Gruntilda with it, or at least they would if they weren't immediately turned into paste by the impact. The Tesla Cybertruck really is just a deeply unattractive machine. It both looks and is, mechanically, stupid. Of course the guy who owned it only came in to hassle us for allocated bourbon. Walked up and the first word out of his mouth was "Blanton's." loving typical. Hope he enjoys his $122k death trap and his $90 gasoline.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

AnImorphs :thunk:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Animorphs Teams

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Cool let’s make a transformer of Elon musk but can we get rid of the trans part

Programmer Humor
Nov 27, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nenonen posted:

Maybe the slavers are the good guys? :thunk:

you have said the axiomatic truth

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

a.lo posted:

So I finally saw a Cybertruck in person, today. It was kinda astonishing, honestly. I was walking through the parking lot, and there, right in front of the store, was this massive, hideous thing. It looked like it was from a N64 game. Banjo and Kazooie were fixing to rev up the engine and vehicular manslaughter Gruntilda with it, or at least they would if they weren't immediately turned into paste by the impact. The Tesla Cybertruck really is just a deeply unattractive machine. It both looks and is, mechanically, stupid. Of course the guy who owned it only came in to hassle us for allocated bourbon. Walked up and the first word out of his mouth was "Blanton's." loving typical. Hope he enjoys his $122k death trap and his $90 gasoline.

Did you touch it? The steel is designed to develop a unique patina making each truck unique.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Desert Bus posted:

Did you touch it? The steel is designed to develop a unique patina making each truck unique.

Given enough time, a bored ape face will appear as a rust etching.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

hope we get fridman, the wrath of pod out of this

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
i guess they're doing this again. absolute joke of a website.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

stop tweeting

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

coconono posted:

stop tweeting

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Joementum posted:

i guess they're doing this again. absolute joke of a website.

I have this suspicion it's for that (literal Nazi run, do not congratulate) nitter instance they haven't been able to kill yet.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

What is happening?!

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
i told you to stop looking at so many posts. you look at too many posts like a greedy little post pig and this is what happens

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

What is happening?!

Everything! On X

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

elon does not "tweet"

elon reeve musk "EXts" instead

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
https://x.com/joshuaphilll/status/1783931361096769777?s=46&t=pYXbrsIUxM-F__2KiH5Cag
Come the gently caress on lol

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

X is the freedom of speech app

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

lol I bet Musk himself swung the axe on that one

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

He probably broke the rules. X is no place for rule breakers.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

I will remember this tweet fondly the next time Elon cries like a baby about someone hurting feelings of a white straight carnivore.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Smythe posted:

i read the thread hes quoting and for a guy who has a masters in political science from berkeley and purports to be a student of political philosophy his posts are not only indicative of having read precisely zero political thought but he makes a bunch of boneheaded statements and uses vernacular that stink of high school civics / reddit. really bizarre.

there's lots of real good quotes to roast musk and his destruction of twitter from the canon of political thought lol, especially frankfurt school and postmodern people, who presciently spoke on these matters seemingly directly; yet he employs an animal farm reference - the 7th grade summer reading list.

hosed up

wow are you trying to tell me that someone Twitter employed as a Director for Civic Integrity is actually a loving moron? crazy

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

wow are you trying to tell me that someone Twitter employed as a Director for Civic Integrity is actually a loving moron? crazy

sorry but this thread is about X the everything app

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1783969514482512347

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
X is also the laughing app

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

sorry but this thread is about X the everything app

I will accept my probe for deadnaming

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
So according to this guy, he was able to estimate how much revenue he could get off Twitter but his last payment was way higher, which leads him to conclude ad revenue must be way up?

Probably no coincidence Elon has interacted with this guy multiple times. How does he's rationalize Catturd whining about getting ripped off while this skull measurer is making bank with less followers?

Is Elon just writing these guys random number generated check amounts to keep them on their toes?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
twitter wasnt making money before, with way, way more ad money coming in

now x, the everything ap, has less ad money, fewer users, and is paying some of them - i guess a nontrivial amount?

seems VERY solvent.

maybe... it is? did reducing "headcount" make that big of diff? or is this thing a cash inferno?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

twitter was a big company lol idk... just thought, well, im very stupid

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
It’s so so weird, I’m making a lot of money! No I won’t show you

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Golden Bee posted:

It’s so so weird, I’m making a lot of money! No I won’t show you

i mean, paying users any amount is a lot, considering most social media apps pay users... nothing....

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im really just wondering how fast this thing is losing money and where that big stack of cash came from. i doubt elon is torching his own fortune to keep it afloat. maybe he is?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Smythe posted:

im really just wondering how fast this thing is losing money and where that big stack of cash came from. i doubt elon is torching his own fortune to keep it afloat. maybe he is?

he is and it's epic. let that sink in

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Smythe posted:

twitter wasnt making money before, with way, way more ad money coming in

now x, the everything ap, has less ad money, fewer users, and is paying some of them - i guess a nontrivial amount?

seems VERY solvent.

maybe... it is? did reducing "headcount" make that big of diff? or is this thing a cash inferno?

What's particularly damning coming from that particular tweet is no actual numbers are getting brought up. I haven't seen anyone bringing up a any actual observed data on the ad revenue sharing. Which leads me to believe most of them are lying about it.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Nate silver doesn't realize the detractors always lose...

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Colonel J posted:

Please stop posting fake, disparaging photos of Ellon Musk.

He's Cracker Barrel chested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Precambrian Video Games posted:

He's Cracker Barrel chested.

lol