Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Fierce Deity is a godsend to find, at least. Further trivializing the bosses is not a bad thing at all.

Also double or triple dipping Ganon's is just expected for me at this point, but I also play Harkinian with Greg the Green Rupee, who unlocks Ganon's Castle whenever he shows up. Although I'm honestly waiting for Harkinian to offer randomizing silvers and then putting silver packs out there to really make for a fun time. Actually give you reason to go deeper into the trials when the barrier starts dispelled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

DoubleNegative posted:

Fierce Deity is a godsend to find, at least. Further trivializing the bosses is not a bad thing at all.

Also double or triple dipping Ganon's is just expected for me at this point
Fierce Deity is fine for killing things, but it's not really progression, I'm pretty sure. Should probably check to see if I've got the "FD Anywhere" option on sometime, just in case (I forget whether I did that one or not).

Ironically, what's expected for you is the last straw at which point I can no longer defend the randomizer to me. When I play a combo rando, I expect there to be logic preventing progression from being in the final dungeon. At worst, I expect "progression in Ganon" (or, in MM's case, "progression on the Moon") to be opt-in, and I'm quite sure I didn't opt in to anything of the sort.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
I mean that's what having the castle locked behind exactly and only Greg will do I guess.

But that's why I love how customizable the N64 Zelda randos are. If you don't like a feature you don't really have to play with it.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Needed some time to cool off after that required Ganon multidip, but I still haven't given up yet.

Z64 Combo 13: Getting Dizzy

Whether my continuation of this seed is Sunk Cost Fallacy or not... well, personally, I'm leaning "yes."

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

CptWedgie posted:

Whether my continuation of this seed is Sunk Cost Fallacy or not... well, personally, I'm leaning "yes."

Thank you for your sacrifice! :patriot:

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Little shorter this time.

Z64 Combo 14: Not A Drop To Drink

Not to say I didn't make progress, but... only place I think is available is a bit much to cram into this update right now. Don't feel up to it anyway.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
...Y'know what, I'm really not enjoying this seed, I've basically run out of motivation, and I've wound up in such a bad spot that I needed the spoiler log to tell me what I'm even capable of doing, so I'm just gonna cut my losses and call it dead.

For the record, though, MM dungeon shuffle was on the whole time; I wound up finding Inverted Stone Tower at Woodfall, which really surprised me since that was the first (and, it turns out, only) moved dungeon I found. As for where it expected me to go: MM Secret Shrine.

...I hate Inverted Stone Tower (like, above and beyond my hatred of all things MM). It really screws with my acrophobia. Or basophobia. Whichever it is; I haven't really asked a qualified professional. Could even be both, for all I know. So I'm really not good with any video game setting where I can look down and see the sky.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Yeah, it's better to stop with a seed you're not enjoying. Especially one as mean and cruel as that one was becoming. The combo randomizers especially are so long that it's honestly fatiguing to do after a while.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

DoubleNegative posted:

The combo randomizers especially are so long that it's honestly fatiguing to do after a while.
The combo-ness was fine in itself; I've played and beaten SMZ3 before, after all. The problem was that this particular seed was indescribably evil and I couldn't put up with it putting progression in all the worst checks. With a nicer seed, I might've been able to finish despite my distaste for MM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
yeah, but would you have been having fun playing a game you don't like