Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Name: Aria Xsdottir, Personal Injury Expert

[Attributes]

STR: 9 (+1) Dex: 7 (0) End: 6 (+0) Int: 7 (0) Edu: 7 (0) Soc: 2(-2), Cha: 4 (-1), Psi: 4 (-1)

Skills:
Advocate 2
Athletics 1 (Dexterity)
Deception 0
Electronics (Computer 1)
Gun Combat 1 (Slug throwers)
Medic 1 (First Aid)
Melee 1 (blade)
Persuade 0
Recon 0
Stealth 0
Streetwise 1

------------

Enemies: Subcommandante Salinas. Not recognizing talent and commitment eventually results in your private skim fund being carried off in the middle of the night. He probably doesn't consider this a personal wakeup call to do better.

Allies x3: (I'm having trouble picturing them, but basically they'd probably be a collection of people Ari actually helped via shooting assholes and/or medical/legal assistance.)
(Thx Seb!) Mensip Pollywig, slightly dodgy trader, you helped him with a bunch of City Council and Bratva organized crime bullshit : he's now got his eye on an offworld franchise

Possessions:

Armor and worn gear: 3500 cr

- Combat Enviro Suit 1000
- PHUD TL 9 1500
- Combat Engineering Tool Set TL 8 500
- Comm TL 10, computer 1, 500

Weapons: 3480cr
- Stun stick 300

- Heavy Advanced Combat Rifle 2000
--Magazines x 3, 60cr
--Stun Grenade x2, 30cr
--Frag Grenade x2, 60cr
--Smoke Grenade x2, 30

- Chaindrive Bayonet 1000

Medical: 4250
-Medkit TL 10, 1500
-Traumapak x1, 750

Remaining: 770cr
---
Special:

quote:

Whenever Aria does something involving the stealth skill under light conditions like this, roll it with a boon (3d and drop the lowest). It has to be specifically this weird lighting tho, not just "oh it's dim bulbs" or "oh it's getting towards night"
---------
Ari wanders in, talking on speakerphone. The slam of the hygiene closet's door indicates the conversation started at some point in there.
"-what, no, I don't drink on the job, that's unprofessional! Besides, I found this bottle of painkillers in the medicine cabinet. What? No I don't know, the name and expiration date have worn off. Still seem to work though. Look, this should take too long, apparently I'm going to go planetside and look for a bunch of slimeballs, just a little more literal this time. Hold on, gotta go-" DEET. She peers into the room, "We ready to take the job? I recommend something that lets you breathe without going full vaccsuit."

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 30, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

(I got the central supply catalogue in a bundle at some point, so that's where all the odd looking stuff on my sheet is from. We must be aware no :filez:, but the srd there has a decent selection of the basic stuff, if you're looking for any function or category of thing in particular I'd be able to look it up. I advise Trew especially to invest in armor, a personal medicanner (1000d, gives someone +1 medic to treating them, or a portable medicanner, 2000cr, and can be changed to anyone with 1d minutes, the default should still be on Trew. Per combat rules you're uh, squishy.)

Aria Xsdottir, Personal Injury Expert

"YES." She fumbles with her gear and produces an empty 2 liter water bag. "Need to check if I got the frost burn cream and whatnot still in the kit. I guess the rest of the team ought to see what's in there in case I'm the one that goes down and they need to patch me up." She hefts a small duffel bag off the top of her pack and opens up the medikit (tl10), and begins checking off inventory before going down. She's flippant about a lot of things, this isn't one of them. Dying because you forgot something trivial is a lot more embarrassing than dying because you pissed off too many people with too many guns.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Apr 28, 2023

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Let's get that bread. Or whatever other yeast product might be down there.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Aria Xsdottir, Personal Injury Expert

"Plankton seems the most dangerous to acquire and easiest to store, so I vote we get those first. Scan for some island land mass so we're not trying to do a water landing and try to extract it from there. You got an atmospheric survey drone on that ship, Dan? That'll probably save us a ton of effort."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Aria Xsdottir

(I found that as a pbp thread grows its best to link one's sheet in one's character name to find it easier and just keep quoting it for new posts)

Arianhod doesn't catch the question, and assumes Gvegh was Vic spitting up some phlemn. She DID know people who primarily communicated in those sounds, and it was probably time to find them in a quest for algae, slime follows slime. She grabs a coat so she can throw it over her enviro bodysuit and not have to mess with a vacc suit.

What do I find with streetwise? With a 12 , it looks like everything? :catdrugs:

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Apr 30, 2023

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Grabbing Electronics 1, since i'm low on tech skills, and this lets me do all sorts of shadowrunning-in-another-system stuff.

I'll wait for others to have a go on the others, but I'd like to grab one of Recon, Stealth, Survival or Pilot, these improve on, or expand her schtick. (I'd think survival or pilot, esp the latter since i don't have any vehicles skills, and survival is just useful)

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

I know sensors gets used more often, and drones or neat, but E(computers) let's me get my 90's hacker on. I assume that's the skill for cracking higher TL door locks and such? (I mean assuming we don't just shoot it out or use Explosives) .

Electronics (Computers 1) it is. I'll check in a few more hours after everyone gets to look at the list. I'd feel like a massive dick if I took Pilot 1 from trew (granted, I'd want to take it in small craft)

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

I'll grab stealth 1 and survival 1 unless that would be too much, in which case i'd pick survival of the two.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Aria Xsdottir

"These things biophotovolatic and/or bioluminescent? It being pitch dark might mean they'd stand out more if we know how to pick up such discharge on the sensors."

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 11:37 on May 3, 2023

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

How close can the probes get without melting? I assume they can handle some pretty harsh heat as long as we're not bathing in lava.

Secondly, what critters eat this algae? Especially large groups of sea critters and/or whale equivilent megafauna, it would be easier to spot them and look for algae near them than otherwise.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 3, 2023

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Aria Xsdottir

Ari tries to help Trew poke the bleepy lights to no avail (Electronics(Sensors) 0), 7, while also trying to look up local lawsuits, legal charges that were dropped, formal complaints, insurance claims, etc against the Naguahyde and Vics little group. (Advocate+Edu), 9

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

(Unlabeled Y Axis or Bust)

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Aria Xsdottir

Mentally filing the exploits of the previous captain under "normal-to-better-than-can-be-expected" level of fraud, Arianhod starts thinking about how to deal with the hellscape below. "Try to find some place solid enough to touch down, send out probes to make sure the ice just outside isn't going to give way under us when we step outside, and quite honestly, it'll be a pain in the rear end but I recommend working with EVA cables attached, so we can reel you in if you go through the ice or something else happens."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

(Uh, I have not seen a map so far this game. I might have trouble with embeds, can I get a link?)

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

(Thx!)

"Works for me. We should also consider using the turret to clear the ice over the shelf, allowing us to peek at the water table between the ice sheet and terra firma."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Aria Xsdottir

(yeah, uh, no idea why, must be a blocked script or something)

Aria mucks with the drones as she doesn't do too well when wearing any kind of refrigerator suit.

(9 on Edu+sensor ops, I probably should get vacc suit 0 from one of the "HEY LOIS REMEMBER THE TIME I TRIED TO SERVE PAPERS IN HARD VACCUUM?" retroactive fellow pcs. I was think seb's guy, but any of them are applicable)

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

(I can see it now, thx GM)

Re: engineering, etc, I suggest making some kind of sluice or filter to shunt the biomass into tanks so we're not dealing with a ton of waste water hauling. Basically a water filter but we want the garbage, not the water.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 01:58 on May 10, 2023

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

^ Yeah, i'm still down. and the pace seems on par with most sustainable games I've been in.

Here's another electronics remote ops rolls, why not, a 7, if that does anything, to keep the bots moving around.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Aria Xsdottir

"Nice. We've proven we blow, now let's see how hard we suck, lets get the hoses out there before this all freezes again."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

planktowned

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Aria Xsdottir

"This stage is complete, right? I don't like tempting fate for a bonus check here. Let's see what the 'safer' option is like."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Aria Xsdottir

Now that sudden death by falling through the ice is not an issue, Aria slaps her mask on and gun in hand starts poking at stuff around the ship.

Recon taking time, 9 What do my lumpenprole eyes see, GM?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Aria Xsdottir

"I'm annoyed I didn't catch it either, but I was expecting assholes trying to run off with cargo or materials, not actively mucking with the wiring besides trying to steal it. Let me crash for a few hours and I'll poke around the computer some more. I need to think about how to go about this." Arianhod thinks about how she would go about pull off a job like this as she dozes off.

(Streetwise before bed, taking time, 11)

Awake again, she slurps the now day old cold coffee and begins to tinker with the computer and reboot it whatever it needs done.

(Elec(Computer), taking time, 12)

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 14:12 on May 17, 2023

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

(Honestly this seems like a demolition roll, blow up a crater underneath it big enough to sever the root system and cause the thing to fall over.)

Aria Xsdottir

Mask on, Aria scurries around and up and about the tree in the low gravity, looking for any possible place where further force might be able to drop this.

(Athletics (Dex), taking time, moving around the thing looking for the best place to put it. I guess that could be a recon roll as well but uh, in either cases, double sixes 15 :stare:)

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Aria Xsdottir

"Yeah we wood not know what to do here."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Aria Xsdottir

Since the others waited for the critters, Aria rests up in order for her to do her own watch. As soon as the ship lands she disappears into the starport crowds and cargo areas but she's never really left. Arianhod perches in a position overlooking the ship where she can see what's going on and if anyone is dumb enough to return to the scene.

(both recon and stealth are at 0, so either or, taking time for a 9. Also per the gravity adjustment rules, with Athletics (Dexterity) i think i'm adjusted by now?)

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jun 2, 2023

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Turns out a liter+ of coffee helps out in the case like this.

":stare:"

14, boxcars! on a second recon 0 taking time roll

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

6 for edu+adv, that's an 8 with taking time but I didn't know if that was applicable

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Aria Xsdottir

Aria reports what she sees and makes sure to take video of the dude and drone on her future space phone before pinging the crew. [Can someone try to get a lead on where the drone might go? I'm after this guy Attachment: This_Asshole_Right_Here.mpg59].

Sneaking and a creepin' with that +3 bonus gives me an 8

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Aria Xsdottir

After looking around for any guards or obvious cameras, it was time to put the Tl10/comp 1 space phone against the wall on maximum "degarble/translate" and hope it records it.

(recon/stealth/comp/some combo thereof?)

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Aria Xsdottir

[Eyyyy. Ding. HEYYY. Pick up, could use some backup here.]

Going to give Tay some time to respond, I'll post the three rolls tomorrow morning US CST

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Aria Xsdottir

:science:

Stealth = 8

Recon = 8

Comp = 4

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Aria Xsdottir

Aria sends the new recording file to the ships computer in case she has to ditch the phone. She then via phone checks out the starport kiosk's digital store and picks out a low key but reasonably high resolution and fidelity bluetoof/gopro/disposable phone/whatever that can transmit video and audio with an okay battery life and buys it with certified cred or whatever the "rando debit card you can refil at a convenience store without a name attached" is.

[Rolf, pick up a package at the Red Eye store with this receipt ID [*number*] and bring it over to me, I don't have proper kit so I need to improvise. Going to leave it here and head back to the ship and plan what to do next. Everyone else, wrap up what you're doing or catch some sleep. I think we might need some higher end kit than we got.]

Plan is to buy some comm/sensor gear + basica tools we can discretely leave near the door, ideally inside a maintenance shaft or other out-of-sight place. Tay should finish up our bonus payday. I'm going to continue hiding until it gets hot or Rolf shows.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jun 8, 2023

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

[the loving construction site down the road has severed the internet for the second time this month. Just loving kamehameha'd right into the earth and splilt the cables. I spent two hours on the phone with atnt and got transferred three time to get them to fix it in less than two weeks this time and had to tell them someone in the house is hooked up to wifi medical equipment for them to get their rear end out here. I really don't want to effort post over this temporary 2.4g connection that constantly drops packets and won't verify any of my confirmation emails.]

Aria is going to spend whatever it takes to get the basic gear to do this. 350 or whatever to rig up the most secure reliable option.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Alright when you get a chance roll stealth go ahead

One of you deduct the cash & I'll give it until Aria his the bugs & you'll get paid

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Streetwise: 5

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

init: 7

[I'll have relevant stats up for the odd looking gear from the gear catalog book as needed once I can screenshot stuff]

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Aria Xsdottir

Oh hey it looks like her character pic has become relevant. Arianhod gets the feeling she is about to be mangled and reacts accordingly.

[Parrying so I can use my str+melee(unarmed]=9. She studied the blade, instead of the fist, primarily, to is str+1 Melee (unarmed) 0]

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Aria Xsdottir

Screaming defiance, insulting him, or wiggling would be expected behavior, so she does something unexpected and shrieks, "THE CORTEX BOMB, THE BOMB WILL GO OFF IF THE PRESSURE IS TOO HIGH. THE BOSS SHOULD HAVE NEVER hosed THAT MELON." She's not sure what it means but it was not for them, not her to interpret meaning. Hopefully it causes the microsecond distraction that's needed while people parse what the hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

[How does grappling work in this system? My HACR is strapped too my back and there's no way this guy would let me reach the trigger, the main one anyways. But her default is to keep stun grenades in the underbarrel launcher. What would be the roll to pull the trigger and fire it point blank at the ceiling. (Ideally I'd be hosed up but not dead and Rolf would be in the best position out of everyone afterwards.) or, so as to not escalate as much, try to pull my stun stick out of my belt and zap this guy's nuts.]

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jun 14, 2023