Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

oh drat now they have to rely on heaton to backup onana? cringe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

No, they've signed some gangly Turkish lad from Fenerbahce

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Yerdad’s finally got his big move?

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

TheRat posted:

But that was not the question. Sancho does not and has not provide more than Antony.

Looks like he has, in fact, provided more goals and more assists.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Antony is the textbook definition of "decent tricksy winger who presses a bit", there are multiple identical people like him floating around Europe, and it's amazing that united paid ninety million quid for him. They'll probably go out and sign someone even worse next summer for a similar fee amidst fan whining of "the manager needs backing in the market" and "have you ever watched a man united game we don't have anyone for the right wing" for the 10th season in a row.

Just waiting to see who, out of uhhhhhhh Trinciao, Stengs, or Chukwueze, has the biggest breakout season this year and that's probably who it will be.

an_mutt fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Sep 7, 2023

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Chukwueze can't get a game over Pulisic currently lol

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Antony is also not some Jack Grealish type that provides a ton of shuttling and security and consistency if he’s not accumulating counting stats. He’s a dime a dozen winger that likes to run around a bit. I bet United wishes his name was Al-Tony so they could sell him to the Saudis for half of what they paid and call it

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Gigi Galli posted:

Chukwueze can't get a game over Pulisic currently lol

Imho Pulisic is actually a really good player he just has the annoying American hype and made the grave mistake of signing for Chelsea

These Dortmund guys need to stop signing for the legacy top PL clubs, just ban the practice

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

TheRat posted:

Anyone claiming that Sancho has been better than Antony on the right side of the pitch has not watched either player play for Man Utd.

tbf schroedinger's united signing rules also apply

player joins: daylight robbery, might as well burn the money, a shitclown, a garbageman farting at windmills, like freddy adu and ali dia had a baby, wouldn't let him play for us for free

player leaves: a generational talent destroyed by terrible management from a terrible club, I weep for him and beat my breast

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
gently caress Manchester United

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Looking at some Advanced Stats (expected goals actually scored and expected assists actually made vs expected games played that were actually played) it looks like Antony is really bad. If you go a bit deeper into the hidden stats like cards received, it’s even worse.

Lmao both of these players were like 100million pounds

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

EC10 posted:

Lmao both of these players were like 100million pounds

I'll take the under

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Shrapnig posted:

I'll take the under

Yer the under 80 points

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Total Meatlove posted:

Yer the under 80 points

Another 3rd place finish sounds pretty good right now tbh

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
pepe gone

https://metro.co.uk/2023/09/07/arsenal-flop-nicolas-pepe-finally-agrees-move-away-from-the-club-19466121/

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Imho Pulisic is actually a really good player he just has the annoying American hype and made the grave mistake of signing for Chelsea

These Dortmund guys need to stop signing for the legacy top PL clubs, just ban the practice

He had a horrible injury record and never developed any consistency. He was great in patches but that was it.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Our long national nightmare is over

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
also an academy kid that probably wouldnt have made it got sold

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1699885547559453064

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

hadji murad posted:

He had a horrible injury record and never developed any consistency. He was great in patches but that was it.

Gonna be wild when that’s not a problem at Milan

Lol https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-fc-injuries-pulisic-mount-kante-b1051257.html

quote:

• ⁠Fitness issues have plagued Chelsea since last season when, according to a study by Howden’s European Football Injury Index, the Blues suffered 97 injuries — 16 more than any other side across Europe’s top five leagues.
• ⁠Club doctor Paco Biosca and head physio Thierry Laurent left the club as part of a cull by the new Boehly-Clearlake ownership. They believed City, Liverpool and even clubs such as Brighton had more progressive medical departments. The issue has not yet been resolved.
• ⁠A private physiotherapy firm used by celebrities including Dave Grohl, Morrissey and Katie Price has stepped up in place of the long-serving staff. Even still, they have overseen some injuries that some believe avoidable. James Ralph, James’s personal physio, hinted at anger towards the reintroduction of his client to playing after he returned from injury after the World Cup.
• ⁠It is understood that players are concerned with the situation after seeing Kante’s career ravaged by a series of niggling injuries

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
been trying to write a joke post for like five minutes using foo fighters or smiths songs, but the fact that loving jordan's physio is being trusted with $1B+ worth of cruciate ligaments will have to suffice

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Big Brain Boehly recruiting medical staff using advanced stats such as “number of insta followers”

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

been trying to write a joke post for like five minutes using foo fighters or smiths songs, but the fact that loving jordan's physio is being trusted with $1B+ worth of cruciate ligaments will have to suffice

It's times like these you wish you had a better knowledge of Foo Fighters song titles. My poor brain just doesn't work that way.

Anyway, Chelsea fans will be up in arms when their players wind up spending everlong on the mend when they're trying to breakout of midtable mediocrity. Monkey wrench.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Yeah Pulisic and RLC will be learning to fly now.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Hoping to get the best of you but the injuries are everlong

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
There is a light that never goes out and it’s the occupied one above the physio room door.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Give Boehly some rope

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I’m gunna see your left knee wrench
One more midfielder on the bench
I’ll never fix your ligament
You’re getting sent on loan to Lens

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

sebzilla posted:

It's times like these you wish you had a better knowledge of Foo Fighters song titles. My poor brain just doesn't work that way.

Anyway, Chelsea fans will be up in arms when their players wind up spending everlong on the mend when they're trying to breakout of midtable mediocrity. Monkey wrench.

At this point Chelsea aspire to mid-table mediocrity.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

sure, but did you consider that maybe they suffered 16 more injuries than any other club because they have 16 more players than any other club??

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

vyelkin posted:

sure, but did you consider that maybe they suffered 16 more injuries than any other club because they have 16 more players than any other club??

I got another confession to make, I did.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Eau de MacGowan posted:

kante on the table i know, i know
it's serious

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

webmeister posted:

You’re getting sent on loan to Lens

:eyepop:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

webmeister posted: