Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Seriously. WTF happened? Who thought this was a good idea? They don't look like chipmunks at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Yeah, I can't believe they greenlit a show about a fish-out-of-water American football coach running a soccer team in England, what a ridiculous concept

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

nope

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Waltzing Along posted:

Seriously. WTF happened? Who thought this was a good idea? They don't look like chipmunks at all.

Alvin is like, "Yeah, this is the best we could do with a five figure budget."

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Am I supposed to shout the name every time I say it out loud?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
no

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I used to think Alvin was the name of their adult father figure.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

One of the best red avatars ive seen of the forums was the one for the guy who counted every panty shot of the alvin and the chipmunks movie

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Looking at it a bit more seriously, this is a terrible promo image. Four out of six characters are staring vapidly into space, one is pissed off, and only Alvin looks even vaguely happy to be there. If the characters are confused as to why they're there, then I'm confused as to why I would want to watch the show, or have my kid watch it.

And the overall character design reeks of some producer saying, "ok, ok, can they only be a little bit furry?"

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
They look like AI created CG versions of anime characters

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Waltzing Along posted:

*generated on a 1.4Ghz AMD eMachine*

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
tv is brain poison op

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Splatoon 3 lookin good

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Chipmunks only live about 2-8 years. They are going to age like Jagger and Richards over the course of a single year. The prime of their lives wasted on being in a cover band to make the failure that is Dave Seville rich.

Dave Is probably driving around the woods while they're in school, looking for any and all sentient wildlife he can turn into his next novelty to keep the cocaine coming for just another few years.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

JediTalentAgent posted:

Chipmunks only live about 2-8 years.

lmfao at season 8 of the chipmunks wherein the 'munks accept death and spend their final months with their family

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
chimps gently caress

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
how many people got perma'd the last time we discussed this show?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

One of the best red avatars ive seen of the forums was the one for the guy who counted every panty shot of the alvin and the chipmunks movie

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1706280

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
didn't even know it existed, will probably get cancelled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQTUCOx7TwI

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

no but i liked that old cartoon where they went around the world in hot air balloons or something. can't remember properly it was a long time ago.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Those were lemmings

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Colonel Cancer posted:

Those were lemmings

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They should have proper little chipmunk hands with claws like needles.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

Bula Vinaka posted:

didn't even know it existed, will probably get cancelled

Simon is going to make some unfortunate statements that offend the LGBT community when addressing the conspiracy theory that, "The Chippettes are just the Chipmunks in drag!" on Joe Rogan.

Eventually, he is replaced by Bill Mumy.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

istewart posted:

Looking at it a bit more seriously, this is a terrible promo image. Four out of six characters are staring vapidly into space, one is pissed off, and only Alvin looks even vaguely happy to be there. If the characters are confused as to why they're there, then I'm confused as to why I would want to watch the show, or have my kid watch it.

And the overall character design reeks of some producer saying, "ok, ok, can they only be a little bit furry?"

tbh they seem like they're not furry enough

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Jimmy Neutron-looking… things, but they’re chipmunks you see because they’ve got a stripe down the bridge of their noses!

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

flavius aetass

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

cgi kids shows look loving gross and also super cheap

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Ted chimpo

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

lol

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

JediTalentAgent posted:

Chipmunks only live about 2-8 years. They are going to age like Jagger and Richards over the course of a single year. The prime of their lives wasted on being in a cover band to make the failure that is Dave Seville rich.

Dave Is probably driving around the woods while they're in school, looking for any and all sentient wildlife he can turn into his next novelty to keep the cocaine coming for just another few years.

Somewhere in the countryside, there's a warehouse where thousands of chipmunks are being fed growth hormones. Pop music constantly plays over loudspeakers. Dave Seville patrols with a tablet computer. The chipmunks are subjected to trials, tested for musical aptitude. Each round, the failures disposed of. Finally the newest incarnation of Alvin and the chipmunks are ready. The fictional past that Dave gaslights them with is a comfortable substitute for the traumatic truth. Yes, at last, it's reboot time once again!

Or it's some dudes singing slowly then speeding it up, I dunno.

Hey check this poo poo out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSqnbmXV6es

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Bluemillion posted:

I listen to this once a month or so

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
They really just need to press Sludgefest on vinyl

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Bluemillion posted:

Somewhere in the countryside, there's a warehouse where thousands of chipmunks are being fed growth hormones. Pop music constantly plays over loudspeakers. Dave Seville patrols with a tablet computer. The chipmunks are subjected to trials, tested for musical aptitude. Each round, the failures disposed of. Finally the newest incarnation of Alvin and the chipmunks are ready. The fictional past that Dave gaslights them with is a comfortable substitute for the traumatic truth. Yes, at last, it's reboot time once again!

If you put this to 2x speed it sounds like the dude singing in his normal voice. I think. Maybe?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

Bluemillion posted:

Dave Seville read an article about how there were tapewoms that could inherit the 'memories' of a different tapeworm that they ate.

Dave thinks this works with all animals and will feed his most promising candidates a diet of their 'lesser skilled' rivals in the belief that it helps them more rapidly gain talent and skills.

In reality, the effect is more psychological than anything else. All of them are aware of the fate of the failures and being forced to consume their brethren reminds them how close any of them are to being a meal, themselves. All they know is that Dave demands performance ability out of them, and they work harder and harder to avoid being eaten or to improve enough to make Dave finally stop feeding them their fellow chipmunks. Dave doesn't know this, but he knows something he's doing is getting results.

Death By Yogurt
Apr 3, 2007

several generations of human-chipmunk inbreeding to produce these abominations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Only watched the original version for the Clyde Crashcup segments.