Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which one is it?
A calzone
A sandwich
Just two pizzas
Goku
View Results

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Two pizzas on top of each other is , if thin crust, a Quesadilla, if not just a hosed up Quesadilla.

A Calzone is sealed on all sides.

Like my heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

If the topmost pizza was a stuffed crust pizza, and the crust was sliced just enough off the top to let the cheese leak out, so that the cheese that was stuffed in the crust melts and leaks out to form a seal with the lowermost pizza, does it then become a calzone?

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

deep dish peat moss posted:

If the topmost pizza was a stuffed crust pizza, and the crust was sliced just enough off the top to let the cheese leak out, so that the cheese that was stuffed in the crust melts and leaks out to form a seal with the lowermost pizza, does it then become a calzone?

This is just insane minutia, you should be ashamed of yourself.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Science is all about the insane minutiae

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i dont think cheese physics works in reality the way it works in your head. i think the result of this would just be called a "mess"

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
This isnt Science you buffoon

This is FOOD

This is LOVE

tatse sensations

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

now i'm getting pissed off

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

So if I just wrap an entire whole pizza in sealed dough and bake it, that's a Calzone, right?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Wee posted:

This isnt Science you buffoon

This is FOOD

This is LOVE

tatse sensations

Science has long ignored the question of the Minimum Viable Calzone and it's time for that to change.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Wait a minute, isn't a stuffed crust pizza already partially a calzone on its own?

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I am but one man, it is my honor in true freedom to offer my own opinion to the masses.

Let the people decide

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Wait a minute, isn't a stuffed crust pizza already partially a calzone on its own?

if you stuff the bottom crust as well yeah you'd just have a calzone with a topping instead of a filling.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

But the crust on its own is some kind of Calzonut

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Calzone is like a big Xiaolongbao but full of pizza. It adheres to many of the same important rules.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
OP how can you so fundamentally misunderstand what makes a calzone a calzone?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I started to post the pencilhands gif as a response to your question but then I remembered this isn’t a pencilhands thread.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'm pushing new frontiers of calzone science here, getting to the truth of what makes a calzone a calzone.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I think it just becomes heartburn at that point

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

thinking at this point the op is deliberately trolling us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

thinking at this point the op is deliberately trolling us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWdD206eSv0