Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
You remember that scene in Red Dawn where the Russians or whatever lock a bunch of small town hicks in a re-education camp and force them to watch communist propaganda movies?

https://youtu.be/W6qWnmb_22s

When my lib parents first showed me that scene when I was 12-13, I thought "omg that's horrible"

Now when I remember that scene I think "well I think they'd learn better in a warm classroom with some coffee and donuts. Then again they probably tried that only to have those ungrateful shits trash the place so yeah lock them outside I guess"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Big rear end Latina chased by lesbian loving TREX on hoverboard then hosed

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Weyland-Yutani were just trying to save an endangered species their ungrateful hick workers hit with a space truck and left for dead.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Bueller is a truant

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
The parents and especially uncle in Home Alone are awful people.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Colonel Cancer posted:

Bueller is a truant

And a spoiled entitled rear end in a top hat. Movie is garbage when you’re an adult, and Sloane and Cameron deserve better.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Zugzwang posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u8EI30f5cI

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
The Romper Room lady can't really see me

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The gondola date scene where Aeris says she wants to meet Cloud. I thought she was trying to be coy about wanting to gently caress but it's really saying she wants to meet the real Cloud, not the fantasy of Zack version he's living at that point.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
To this day I have not done Hamster Style.

Done with that poo poo...

naem
May 29, 2011

clean laundry

and like your house is vacuumed

magical

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
i cry everytime paul walker's cgi face drive off into the sunset

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
if i go out to eat i prefer a weekday around 3 or 4 pm :regd10:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

_____!
May 2, 2004

Not quite the same thing but I often feel like I was trained wrong, as a joke.
:(I feel for you Wimp Lo.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

You Are A Elf posted:

And a spoiled entitled rear end in a top hat. Movie is garbage when you’re an adult, and Sloane and Cameron deserve better.

No hes not. The secretary says that everyone in school loves him. He takes his friends out for a great day and they have tons of fun. He is nice to his parents, though manipulative. He inspires Cameron to stand up to his dad and shows him what he’s missing out on by being afraid of everything. Ferris never hurts anyone. He’s just cool and fun and doesnt really care about authority and people interpret that as being an rear end in a top hat.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BOrlLjyWYM&t=179s

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Yeah

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I definitely can't watch the introduction to Aladdin anymore without thinking about the institutions that enforce class in Agrabah society.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Every spy movie and most action flicks are either police state propaganda or “just a few bad apples” schlock that reinforces US global political hegemony/nationalism. The ones that portray torture as a necessary means to an end or other enemy-dehumanization poo poo are probably the worst

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

You Are A Elf posted:

Matthew Broderick sat down for an interview with Gilbert Gottfried for his podcast. Broderick was busy and doing them a favor. He was doing a show on broadway at the time, so he literally ran down to Gilbert's recording studio in between performances to do the interview.

Gilbert's first words to Broderick (paraphrasing): "I loving hated Ferris Bueller's Day off. The character is such an rear end in a top hat and unlikable." it clearly rattled Broderick.

Rest in peace Gilbert, you hilarious rear end in a top hat.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I got soooo mad when Bueller was dancing on the float. What right does he have to do that? Just disrespectful.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

I love how Kevin remembers it later in the movie but it’s a different take and the uncle is even nastier.

Lmao imagine saying that to your little nephew in front of the whole family.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

when i watched Top Gun as a kid i thought Maverick was the "hero" and that Ice Man was the "bad guy" because he was always trying to stop Maverick from having fun and doing cool jet tricks

when i watched it as an adult i realized Maverick was an absolute loving idiot and Ice Man just wanted people to fly competently and not do stupid poo poo

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Brother Tadger posted:

Every spy movie and most action flicks are either police state propaganda or “just a few bad apples” schlock that reinforces US global political hegemony/nationalism. The ones that portray torture as a necessary means to an end or other enemy-dehumanization poo poo are probably the worst

"Rambo is a tragic hero!"

*years later, after viewing sequels*

"Rambo is superhero make believe fantasy!"

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Brother Tadger posted:

Every spy movie and most action flicks are either police state propaganda or “just a few bad apples” schlock that reinforces US global political hegemony/nationalism.

try some John LeCarre. exactly the opposite attitude. and many of his books have been turned into great movies.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Zugzwang posted:

You're what the French call "lez encompentuh!"

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

When I was young it didn't really hit me just how much of a loser the boyfriend in Scream is even before we find out he's the killer.

"I know your mother's murderer is stalking you now and everything but have you considered I'm not getting enough sex from you?"

Lmao geez dude

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

rename the op to "my lib parents"

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The making GBS threads scene in dumb and dumber isn’t funny it’s just normal

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Caesar Saladin posted:

I got soooo mad when Bueller was dancing on the float. What right does he have to do that? Just disrespectful.

BRB, gonna record a snore and a cough into my $8,000 (in 1986 money) synthesizer and use it to play hooky. Then I was thinking I’d hack the school’s computer network with my $5,000 computer (in 1986 money) that I didn’t ask for because I wanted a car instead to change my days absent.

All I’m saying is eat the rich.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

But the parade scene is alright and fun, I suppose.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I just figured the effete prince in Braveheart wasn't into French chicks

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I watched the Simpsons for over a decade before I realized Smithers was gay. It was 'Behind the Laughter' episode where it finally clicked, I was in my twenties.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Toxic Mental posted:

The making GBS threads scene in dumb and dumber isn’t funny it’s just normal

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

"Hold on Captain Ron and Weekend At Bernie's are actually quite hosed up when you get into it!

Revenge of the Nerds too."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Valko posted:

I watched the Simpsons for over a decade before I realized Smithers was gay. It was 'Behind the Laughter' episode where it finally clicked, I was in my twenties.

- The Honorable Henry Mwabwetumba