Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I heard he's got two dicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

The Last Call posted:

People will absolutely be shocked.

He had Husk on a chain, threatened to tear apart his soul leaving the poor guy shaking in fear. People watched that and it was if as the whole scene didn’t even register with them. In the end they were still cheering for Alastor and thinking he was helping Charlie. Even when Alastor would only give her the information with a deal, they still said he was helping her because he was her friend. That’s not how friendship works.

People love Alastor, they think he’s cool. Some people want to be like him. Some want to date him. Others want to ship him with what appears to be almost anyone and everyone. They got a blind spot when it comes to him.
They like him being a bad boy but they don’t seem to realize he’s bad. We get told over and over again what he’s done. People think it’s cool.

Him being the final enemy of the hotel crew will stun people and they’ll act like it’s a total shock and betrayal of the character when in reality, it’s been his entire character from day one.

Hell it’s been his character before Hazbin Hotel itself was even a concept and he was a demon deer in Viv's previous workings that had him.

this. i genuinly like al, he is a fun character and while i think he does have some paternal feelings for charlie, i think he is perfectly fine loving her over for whatever his end goal is.

Happy Landfill posted:

Super behind on this thread, but I'm thinking of updating the thread title and am willing to take suggestions

"but by god, vivzie, you made me loving rich"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Happy Landfill posted:

Super behind on this thread, but I'm thinking of updating the thread title and am willing to take suggestions

I remember when the Steven Universe thread had "Make it Gayer and Sader", maybe this one could be "Make it Gayer and More Violent".

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I remember when the Steven Universe thread had "Make it Gayer and Sader", maybe this one could be "Make it Gayer and More Violent".

How could you make Steven Universe any gayer? Steven Universe is so gay that if Paul Lend, Truman Capote, and Liberace driving by in a car they would have to stop and say, "drat that's gay."

FPyat
Jan 17, 2020
Man, this show is going to get a lot of people to develop a passionate interest in theology, isn't it? Fifteen year old fans delving into 2000-year-old debates, it'll be grand.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBYDQA55BXA
i chuckled.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

FPyat posted:

Man, this show is going to get a lot of people to develop a passionate interest in theology, isn't it? Fifteen year old fans delving into 2000-year-old debates, it'll be grand.

It'll be Preacher all over again

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Apr 25, 2024

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Larryb posted:

So was anything noteworthy said at the recent panel? They just put a recap video of it up on the channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSsJGwSZO_U

That's panel stuff from 2023, the highlights.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Last Call posted:

That's panel stuff from 2023, the highlights.

Ah, nevermind then. I assume we should get some new info by the end of the month though (on HB that is, I don’t expect Hazbin to return until at the very least the end of this year)

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Larryb posted:

Ah, nevermind then. I assume we should get some new info by the end of the month though (on HB that is, I don’t expect Hazbin to return until at the very least the end of this year)

They're going to need to get more people to work on both shows now that Hazbin is firmly in the picture. Clearly they're struggling to handle both.

That or where Helluva is a four season thing stagger Helluva releases on the regular more than it had been so Hazbin can get done.

Not the ideal situation so I can't see them doing that.

Nor can I see Hazbin being the sole show forever once Helluva is done.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Sort of curious if we’ll start seeing some crossover between the two once HB is done (Hazbin is supposed to last longer if I recall correctly) but I guess that depends on how the former ultimately ends

At the very least I wouldn’t be surprised if the other Sins pop up in the latter eventually (we’ve still got three unaccounted for but I imagine they’ll probably show up before HB ends)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

The Last Call posted:

They're going to need to get more people to work on both shows now that Hazbin is firmly in the picture. Clearly they're struggling to handle both.

Are they struggling to handle both? Aren't the two shows handled by separate studios?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Macaluso posted:

Are they struggling to handle both? Aren't the two shows handled by separate studios?

SpindleHorse Toons does Helluva Boss, it's Viv's own studio.

Bento Box Entertainment does Hazbin Hotel.

SpindleHorse Toons does collab with them on it. Likely the story etc.

To add to that, it's been how many months since the last Helluva Boss episode now? So, yeah, I say struggling in one way or another.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Apr 25, 2024

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

The Last Call posted:

That or where Helluva is a four season thing stagger Helluva releases on the regular more than it had been so Hazbin can get done.

Not the ideal situation so I can't see them doing that.

Nor can I see Hazbin being the sole show forever once Helluva is done.

yeah. my assumtion is they probably finish helluva boss season 2 either end of the year or early next and hazbin season 2 hits this time next year. maybe.

The Last Call posted:

To add to that, it's been how many months since the last Helluva Boss episode now? So, yeah, I say struggling in one way or another.

yeah plus i am gonna guess they will probably start flooding various places with merch too. viv and whats her name were at hot topic a month or so ago so its clear they are gonna get abunch along with other big box stores to various degrees. Hazbin blew up big and its sound track is still number 1 in places. so hazbin season 2 is gonna have more breathing room. but who knows where HB is going.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer

The Last Call posted:

29th October 2023, 6 months by the time the expo with supposedly info on the next episode of HB, has finished

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Didn’t they say a while back that production on the next HB episode is basically done at this point? Considering it’s a free webseries not beholden to any particular schedule I’m curious what the holdup is (though stretching themselves thin between the two shows makes sense).

The alleged April release almost definitely isn’t happening at this point but I assume we’ll probably see something over the summer

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_38dtqdR5V4
new short. its sallie and millie loving around the city. its cute.
also new limited time merch.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nice, it's not a full episode but it's new content regardless and even has some good character building (plus I've missed the non Blitzo members of IMP besides)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Millie's definitely been the one needing her time in the limelight. And d'aww, that's about as cute as this show gets.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Nice to see more Sallie Mae. She's so cool :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023

Happy Landfill posted:

Nice to see more Sallie Mae. She's so cool :allears: