Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Macaluso posted:

https://twitter.com/mistmistly/status/1684640915061870593?s=46&t=A2dAs186kc-kFL1y5YrbkA

This was in response to Viv posting that she donated $5k to the Lackadaisy Kickstarter on behalf of herself and the Spindlehorse team. The reason it's extra lovely is because it's someone on the Lackadaisy team. Viv has been super vocal about animation not being a competition and has supported Lackadaisy since day one, and it's wild that not only is someone still hating on her, it's someone working on Lackadaisy itself. Especially dumb considering people are working on one that have worked on the other

Yeah that person is probably fired. Like I like both shows, I am probably gonna add more money to my backer kit. But like how can this dipshit be so dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Macaluso posted:

https://twitter.com/mistmistly/status/1684640915061870593?s=46&t=A2dAs186kc-kFL1y5YrbkA

This was in response to Viv posting that she donated $5k to the Lackadaisy Kickstarter on behalf of herself and the Spindlehorse team. The reason it's extra lovely is because it's someone on the Lackadaisy team. Viv has been super vocal about animation not being a competition and has supported Lackadaisy since day one, and it's wild that not only is someone still hating on her, it's someone working on Lackadaisy itself. Especially dumb considering people are working on one that have worked on the other

Already deleted, too.

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
It's such a shame that there's any drama at all towards either of those shows. They're both great and should both exist and people getting super mad about cartoons should chill out.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Tristesse posted:

It's such a shame that there's any drama at all towards either of those shows. They're both great and should both exist and people getting super mad about cartoons should chill out.

its this weird thing people look toward media as kinda of weird replacement for morality and ideals and people get ultra loving partisan over it.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Already deleted. What did they say

drat,, can Viv ever catch a break?

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 28, 2023

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Happy Landfill posted:

Already deleted. What did they say

drat,, can Viv ever catch a break?

It was a person from the Lackadaisy team being passive aggressive about her not posting the link to the Kickstarter and then ended the post with "it's not about being rich! 💕"

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

jfc :cripes:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Yeah that person is probably fired. Like I like both shows, I am probably gonna add more money to my backer kit. But like how can this dipshit be so dumb.
Would love to be in on that work call

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

Personally I would have just said thank you and then have been like "Oh, if any one else wants to help make Lackadaisy a thing, here's the link"

But I suppose accusing another person who worked their rear end off and actually managed to "make it" of flaunting their wealth when they try to help you is cool too.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Makes you look real professional, too :thumbsup:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pulsarcat posted:

Personally I would have just said thank you and then have been like "Oh, if any one else wants to help make Lackadaisy a thing, here's the link"

But I suppose accusing another person who worked their rear end off and actually managed to "make it" of flaunting their wealth when they try to help you is cool too.

yeah this. "thank you so much for the support from another creator, here is the link if you too want to help us"

Happy Landfill posted:

jfc :cripes:

Would love to be in on that work call

oh me too.

whats funny is i have autographs from both viv and lackadaisy lady. so i win. also peter weller.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
People being petty assholes to Viv just makes me wanna support her stuff more. The Streisand Effect works!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

If you blindly hate someone so much that you see them donating to the project you're employed on as some sort of dunk maybe it's time to find a hobby that doesn't involve a screen.

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jul 28, 2023

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Nikumatic posted:

People being petty assholes to Viv just makes me wanna support her stuff more. The Streisand Effect works!

yeah, i bought the loo loo land shirt and hate yesteday plus a stolas shirt. though i am probably waiting for halloween for the best sale.

https://twitter.com/VivziePop/status/1684968108900159488

https://twitter.com/Angeru_Crafts/status/1684944313526964224

i still think viv or the merch team should hire this lady to the design the premium plushes. all the HB poo poo is mine lol

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I'm glad it seems like fans are mostly really positive and supportive, but man the assholes are just relentless at her. Like that idiot that would not stop hounding* her because she didn't actually name the jock hellhound with three lines from Bee's party. Like, she blocked them and they just started a new account to continue harassing her until she gave the hellhound some bullshit name just to get people off her back.

like, gently caress, go outside!

*pun intended

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Happy Landfill posted:

I'm glad it seems like fans are mostly really positive and supportive, but man the assholes are just relentless at her. Like that idiot that would not stop hounding* her because she didn't actually name the jock hellhound with three lines from Bee's party. Like, she blocked them and they just started a new account to continue harassing her until she gave the hellhound some bullshit name just to get people off her back.

like, gently caress, go outside!

*pun intended

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4jaNWQUeRU

touch grass the song.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

anyway. new actual news.

https://twitter.com/VivziePop/status/1686066475474567168

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I'm loving stoked for 207 holy poo poo

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Happy Landfill posted:

I'm loving stoked for 207 holy poo poo

i hope Opps is just about all the horrible accident or whatever that happened to fizz.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Hoping 209 is Blitz's Huge loving Apology to Stolas episode.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Hoping 208 is basically a continuation of Loona's trip to the vet.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm not sure whether I'd love to see Christmas Time In Hell, that Santa is actually Satan or IMP hired to assassinate Santa

Maybe a mix

Also The Santa Clause invoking on Blitzo

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mono3o2iJxI

i love some of the weird fan creation poo poo.

ai audio poo poo bad, but i chuckled at this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDaBr4KZAi0

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/CristinaVee/status/1686795138079793152

Poor Cristina.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

People know that actors arnt their characters right? Like I met Peter weller at a con and I just talked to him about art. He was cool.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
in stephen king’s book danse macabre, which was written in 1981, he recalls an anecdote where a Star Trek actor (forget which) offhandedly mentioned at a con that he wasn’t his character in real life, at which point one middle aged woman stood up in tears and screamed that he was a liar

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

in stephen king’s book danse macabre, which was written in 1981, he recalls an anecdote where a Star Trek actor (forget which) offhandedly mentioned at a con that he wasn’t his character in real life, at which point one middle aged woman stood up in tears and screamed that he was a liar

Sad. Probably Nemoy.

Anyway how are these people this dumb. https://twitter.com/ladiesman217g/status/1686419378852581386?s=46

https://twitter.com/vivziepop/status/1686854233189122055?s=46

You know there are probably like 50 more episodes of the show right? Like lol.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Viv.

Put down twitter Viv.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Bussamove posted:

Viv.

Put down twitter Viv.

yeah, as fun as it is to see her dunk on morons, she really needs to stop feeding them.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

On the one hand I'm glad to see an era where creators can easily interact with their fans.

On the other hand I kind of miss the days where the angriest, dumbest motherfuckers in the world couldn't spend all day, every day, screaming at show runners or making multi-hour long videos where they scream about show runners.

Pulsarcat fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 3, 2023

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Pulsarcat posted:

On the one hand I'm glad to see an era where creators can easily interact with their fans.

On the other hand I kind of miss the days where the angriest, dumbest motherfuckers in the world couldn't spend all day, every day, screaming at show runners or making multi-hour long videos where they scream about show runners.

Marketplace of ideas, my friend. All systems must be analyzed from the assumption of the lowest common denominator. :unsmigghh:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

The amount of times I want to shake people and say, "the show isn't done yet!!!!!" when they start complaining about dropped storylines in a show that's still ongoing is too many to count.

Dropping entire seasons of a show in one go was a mistake

edit: also, really, the cannibal family??

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Aug 3, 2023

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
While I get that the show's introduced a lot of characters and dynamics that could rather use a following up on since they seem rather significant for being so underdeveloped, I get the feeling some people just parrot that criticism and don't understand what a plot point or character trait actually is.

Bussamove posted:

Viv.

Put down twitter Viv.

She comes from Tumblr, unfortunately this is as normal as breathing.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Happy Landfill posted:

The amount of times I want to shake people and say, "the show isn't done yet!!!!!" when they start complaining about dropped storylines in a show that's still ongoing is too many to count.

Dropping entire seasons of a show in one go was a mistake

edit: also, really, the cannibal family??

Yeah, idk. Like they will bring back the cherubs and dhorks at some point but like have these guys ever watched poo poo like game of thrones or honestly any show where plots arnt wrapped up in an episode or a season. It took like 3 seasons to bring gendry back. Like gently caress me. I hate how loving awful media criticism is. It’s either this or weird nazi poo poo. Or weird poo poo where people get offended by anything and screaming pernicious. And good critics like Lindsay Elise get chased away.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The wildest one so far is the guy, directly talking to Viv herself on Twitter, that he had seen leaks and so he knows they aren't bringing up stuff like Dhorks or the cherubs. They have since deleted those tweets but the sheer gall to @ the creator of a show and just so casually mention the leaks you saw

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Macaluso posted:

The wildest one so far is the guy, directly talking to Viv herself on Twitter, that he had seen leaks and so he knows they aren't bringing up stuff like Dhorks or the cherubs. They have since deleted those tweets but the sheer gall to @ the creator of a show and just so casually mention the leaks you saw

I didn’t read them but not shocked. Like anyone with half a brain realizes that this season is “ok let’s crank up the emotional pressure on stolas and blitzo and see if they admit blitz0 can admit his feelings and try to better poo poo or will they go separate ways, also setting up more plots with the found family. Also krim is so much better villian than some joke characters. He has some actual menace. I also love people bitching about Stryker being “retconned”, like he always been like that, it’s just the show was taking the piss out of him as much.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I didn’t read them but not shocked. Like anyone with half a brain realizes that this season is “ok let’s crank up the emotional pressure on stolas and blitzo and see if they admit blitz0 can admit his feelings and try to better poo poo or will they go separate ways, also setting up more plots with the found family. Also krim is so much better villian than some joke characters. He has some actual menace. I also love people bitching about Stryker being “retconned”, like he always been like that, it’s just the show was taking the piss out of him as much.

Yeah, you take the super cool lone wolf dude and make fun of him. It's like being upset the guy from Community's paintball episode played by Josh Holloway back when he was the Norman Reedus went out of the competition in a goofy way.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
why doesn't my goofy demon sweary sex cartoon have airtight continuity!!!!!!!!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

It's shocking how much media literacy has gone down the drain. I know parts of this fandom skews a little young but it's like, have some of you never experienced any form of serial storytelling? Ever?? One of these episodes are going to end on a legit cliffhanger and people are going to be insenced, like, "what do you mean they just cut the episode off like that???"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Happy Landfill posted:

It's shocking how much media literacy has gone down the drain. I know parts of this fandom skews a little young but it's like, have some of you never experienced any form of serial storytelling? Ever?? One of these episodes are going to end on a legit cliffhanger and people are going to be insenced, like, "what do you mean they just cut the episode off like that???"

Feelings of the show aside, it was wild to watch people go out of their minds at WandaVision being very basic sequential storytelling that debuted every week. And some of the people complaining were absolutely born before everything tried to be 'binge worthy.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

Feelings of the show aside, it was wild to watch people go out of their minds at WandaVision being very basic sequential storytelling that debuted every week. And some of the people complaining were absolutely born before everything tried to be 'binge worthy.'

poo poo, look how popular Dracula Daily is--a 100 year old novel being emailed to you in chunks (based on the real dates in the book) had Dracula trending in tyool 2022. The people crave serial storytelling