Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hell, Powerpuff Girls was so popular in Japan that they made their own version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
The lack of Sir Pentious merch is baffling. Throw that "Hello fellow kids" pic on a t-shirt and you'd sell a million of them. And he has TWO dicks. How can you not capitalize on that.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Lammasu posted:

The lack of Sir Pentious merch is baffling. Throw that "Hello fellow kids" pic on a t-shirt and you'd sell a million of them. And he has TWO dicks. How can you not capitalize on that.

i mean apperently Hazbin hotel merch is coming soon. my guess is april.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Funky Valentine posted:

Here's a fun thing, Stayed Gone in 12 languages (because that's how many dubs of this show they made apparently.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjJGaztXBQs

They seem to use a different radio filter for Alastor and to a lesser extent distortion for Vox's freakout in each language which is interesting.

“Your medium is getting pretty rare” is such a great loving lyric.

I have no idea how it would work in other languages.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Lammasu posted:

Somebody needs to get Bad Dragon on the phone STAT.

Hazo posted:

“Your medium is getting pretty rare” is such a great loving lyric.

I have no idea how it would work in other languages.

It's an immaculate double pun and from what I heard they did have trouble properly translating it into a few languages. Italian however didn't have the issue and was able to keep it almost entirely as is.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
One thing that I like about Moxie and Millie that seems to be part of a trend is portraying marriages in animation in a more positive light. It was a pleasant surprise in Migration.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's kinda come around probably because nowadays people are more likely to get married because they actually want to.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's kinda come around probably because nowadays people are more likely to get married because they actually want to.

Or people are well and heartily sick of the old ball and chain, nagging wife with a complete moron for a husband and guess what? They loving HATE each other and poo poo on each other ALL the time! Narrative. I'm sure it was funny when it was new and novel but Jesus is it uncomfortable to watch these days.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Flopsy posted:

Or people are well and heartily sick of the old ball and chain, nagging wife with a complete moron for a husband and guess what? They loving HATE each other and poo poo on each other ALL the time! Narrative. I'm sure it was funny when it was new and novel but Jesus is it uncomfortable to watch these days.

Ain't that the truth. I'm so sick of those relationships being shown.

I'm quite a fan of the Moxxie, Milie marriage. They love one another, they're dedicated to each other and that's so drat refreshing to see in this day and age.

It reminds me of the best couple in all media, Gomez and Morticia Addams.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

The Last Call posted:

I'm quite a fan of the Moxxie, Milie marriage. They love one another, they're dedicated to each other and that's so drat refreshing to see in this day and age.

Amen to that. We tip our hats to a short king and his tall queen. The 90's movies still hold up for me as the pinnacle of Addams media.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Flopsy posted:

Somebody needs to get Bad Dragon on the phone STAT.

It's an immaculate double pun and from what I heard they did have trouble properly translating it into a few languages. Italian however didn't have the issue and was able to keep it almost entirely as is.

I just saw a vtuber talk about how her friends bought her a Bad Dragon dildo as a prank. Which is a pretty expensive prank.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

The Last Call posted:

It's even better in that they're happily together in a culture which clearly does not value that.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Flopsy posted:

Well yeah, the thing is I think that's the other side of it- we're finally growing past most of the generations where the expectation and often flat out requirement was you got married to someone and so lots of people did to whoever was most convenient at the time, and so years down the line we have all those awful boomers who resent the wives and children they never actually wanted but just had because those are the things you were supposed to have.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
It took me a bit to realize Vaggie and Charlie was a couple. Did anyone else encounter that. I kind of defaulted to video game comic where the two leads are just friends.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

what do you mean they're just roommates :greenangel:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

To be fair, Vaggie does also kinda fill that role as one of the only people who at the start qualifies as a close friend to Charlie, as well as being other things. She doesn't really have a lot of peers that we see her interact with, the rest of the cast are mostly her guests and employees.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

what do you mean they're just roommates :greenangel:
Gals being pals

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Lammasu posted:

It took me a bit to realize Vaggie and Charlie was a couple. Did anyone else encounter that. I kind of defaulted to video game comic where the two leads are just friends.

I sort of assumed it since the pilot, but in retrospect perhaps I am a filthy shipper, after all...

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Madurai posted:

It's even better in that they're happily together in a culture which clearly does not value that.

It's become rare, I wish more shows would go back to it. It doesn't have to be perfect 100% of the time, but who wants to watch two people that supposedly love one another only fight all the time.

Especially if they try some of that love triangle bullshit. They really aim at low hanging fruit with that.

Lammasu posted:

It was kinda clear from the pilot. Vaggie's reactions said a lot.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I want to also add that Millie doing hips thrust while saying "I like to gently caress bitches" is hilarious.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Have they said why the Helluva Boss songs aren't on Spotify? The Hazbin soundtrack is and I'm dying to be able to put stuff like Cotton Candy on my playlist.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Lammasu posted:

they are pretty explicit about it through out, they just arnt moxxie and millie about where they are super loud about it.

The Last Call posted:

It's become rare, I wish more shows would go back to it. It doesn't have to be perfect 100% of the time, but who wants to watch two people that supposedly love one another only fight all the time.

Especially if they try some of that love triangle bullshit. They really aim at low hanging fruit with that.

It was kinda clear from the pilot. Vaggie's reactions said a lot.

i dont think they go for a love trinagle or at least an explicit one.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Well yeah, the thing is I think that's the other side of it- we're finally growing past most of the generations where the expectation and often flat out requirement was you got married to someone and so lots of people did to whoever was most convenient at the time, and so years down the line we have all those awful boomers who resent the wives and children they never actually wanted but just had because those are the things you were supposed to have.

i sorta like HB and hazbin because it shows off actual decent couple intermixed with that broken ones. like all of them have issues, like we see with the lake episodes but at the end they actually do love each other. i like that. i kinda hate how alot of TV least alot of sitcoms just make the couples loving hate each other and fight constantly. like i get you need problems and argments and poo poo but like everyone is just an rear end in a top hat. you see it way less now, but just watch king of queens or everyone loves raymond or anything older and its just that. or hell early seasons of rick and morty.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i sorta like HB and hazbin because it shows off actual decent couple intermixed with that broken ones. like all of them have issues, like we see with the lake episodes but at the end they actually do love each other. i like that. i kinda hate how alot of TV least alot of sitcoms just make the couples loving hate each other and fight constantly. like i get you need problems and argments and poo poo but like everyone is just an rear end in a top hat. you see it way less now, but just watch king of queens or everyone loves raymond or anything older and its just that. or hell early seasons of rick and morty.

Honestly there is a show that examines this angle more thoroughly called Kevin can gently caress Himself. Basically it's filmed through two perspectives; one from the husband and one from the wife. The husband sees their lives as a sitcom with canned laughter and everything. His wife see's their life as a pitch black tv drama to the point she begins planning his murder. It's pretty drat unsettling at some points.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Nessus posted:

Gals being pals

Saffo and her friend.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

And a side result with how many writers have literally no idea how to write a stable relationship that's not constant drama.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And a side result with how many writers have literally no idea how to write a stable relationship that's not constant drama.

I've noticed that and it's kind of disappointing when they see a couple being normal with each other they consider it bland. Not every piece of media has to be "After". Frankly I really don't care for it when a pair of people make every second spent together a struggle.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Flopsy posted:

I've noticed that and it's kind of disappointing when they see a couple being normal with each other they consider it bland. Not every piece of media has to be "After". Frankly I really don't care for it when a pair of people make every second spent together a struggle.

This is one of the (many) things that sucked about the later seasons of The Office. There was a loud group of people that thought Pam and Jim were boring so the show started trying to come up with convoluted drama to get them to fight, and almost had Jim cheat on Pam. And it's like, can those two characters just not be in a happy relationship? They didn't really commit to the cheating thing luckily but I think it's stupid they even considered it. In a similar way to how Rosanne (ignore for a minute how much she sucks now) had Dan cheat on her, one of the most out of character things to ever happen on a TV show. Yeah the final episode chose to retcon that and say that Dan actually died and that was all just a story Rosanne wrote to cope with his death, but there's no way that was the plan when they did the Dan cheats plotline.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Macaluso posted:

This is one of the (many) things that sucked about the later seasons of The Office. There was a loud group of people that thought Pam and Jim were boring so the show started trying to come up with convoluted drama to get them to fight, and almost had Jim cheat on Pam. And it's like, can those two characters just not be in a happy relationship? They didn't really commit to the cheating thing luckily but I think it's stupid they even considered it. In a similar way to how Rosanne (ignore for a minute how much she sucks now) had Dan cheat on her, one of the most out of character things to ever happen on a TV show. Yeah the final episode chose to retcon that and say that Dan actually died and that was all just a story Rosanne wrote to cope with his death, but there's no way that was the plan when they did the Dan cheats plotline.

yeah. like on one hand i get it. but like yeah, can't you just make a relationship thats mostly healthy. like M&M are mostly healthy and clearly do love each other even if moxxie is weird drama queen theater kid and his wife is the pratical farm girl who rolls her eyes at some of his bullshit.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Macaluso posted:

It reminds me how people want drama and think things are only interesting if drama is happening. It's like they can't conceive of anything else. Often enough a lot of these lovely situations happen due to bad break ups, it happens in comics enough.

We all know what they did with Spider-Man's marriage right.

Thankfully there appears to be now a Spiderman book that is doing it right and people are loving it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

The Last Call posted:

It reminds me how people want drama and think things are only interesting if drama is happening. It's like they can't conceive of anything else. Often enough a lot of these lovely situations happen due to bad break ups, it happens in comics enough.

We all know what they did with Spider-Man's marriage right.

Thankfully there appears to be now a Spiderman book that is doing it right and people are loving it.

didnt it get worse. like spiderman went insane and some guy like ghost cucked peter or something.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

didnt it get worse. like spiderman went insane and some guy like ghost cucked peter or something.

I have to admit the term "ghost cuck" both intrigues and disgusts me

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Yeah.

MJ and some other rando got stuck in an alt dimension or something, got close. They also had two kids. Not theirs of course but for awhile it was played up as they could be.

It was the worse poo poo, might still be ongoing?

I know one writer did plan to put MJ and Peter back together, but they were blocked from doing it.

It's why a lot of people have rallied around the new Ultimate Spiderman take where hey, MJ and Peter are married and have two kids.

It's great.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

The Last Call posted:

Yeah.

MJ and some other rando got stuck in an alt dimension or something, got close. They also had two kids. Not theirs of course but for awhile it was played up as they could be.

It was the worse poo poo, might still be ongoing?

I know one writer did plan to put MJ and Peter back together, but they were blocked from doing it.

It's why a lot of people have rallied around the new Ultimate Spiderman take where hey, MJ and Peter are married and have two kids.

It's great.

I absolutely hate that most Spiderman writers think him being miserable is literally *the* loving story. Just let him settle down with MJ without her being a secret clone mutant or whatever for fucksakes.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Flopsy posted:

I absolutely hate that most Spiderman writers think him being miserable is literally *the* loving story. Just let him settle down with MJ without her being a secret clone mutant or whatever for fucksakes.

I remember in the older days a good decade plus before the break up happening you had big named writers complaining Spiderman being married ruined stories and you couldn't have him do anything.

Always thought that was the biggest load of BS.

As you said they wanted him a broken down on his luck character.

What was this, the 60's and 70's all over again?

poo poo had moved on.

It honestly says a lot about the writers actual relationships I believe. Or lack there of.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

The Last Call posted:

I remember in the older days a good decade plus before the break up happening you had big named writers complaining Spiderman being married ruined stories and you couldn't have him do anything.

Always thought that was the biggest load of BS.

As you said they wanted him a broken down on his luck character.

What was this, the 60's and 70's all over again?

poo poo had moved on.

It honestly says a lot about the writers actual relationships I believe. Or lack there of.

I've mostly ignored these people because they annoy me but genuinely how would being married hold him back again? Emotional vulnerability? Bitch he has that already!

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Spider-man editors like Joe Quesada hate the idea of happy marriages or the idea of growing old. Because as you know comics books aren't around for near a hundred years with actual generations off people reading the stuff.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Annointed posted:

Spider-man editors like Joe Quesada hate the idea of happy marriages or the idea of growing old. Because as you know comics books aren't around for near a hundred years with actual generations off people reading the stuff.

In all fairness Quesada is insane.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Yeah he's a douche.

For something GOOD.

In twenty hours, the next episode of Murder Drones drops.

Episode 7: Mass Destruction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOqw86OGIB0

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

The Last Call posted:

Yeah he's a douche.

For something GOOD.

In twenty hours, the next episode of Murder Drones drops.

Episode 7: Mass Destruction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOqw86OGIB0

What the gently caress is insurance, I mean, Murder Drones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Lammasu posted:

What the gently caress is insurance, I mean, Murder Drones?

Watch and find out.