Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
Yeah, the (lack of) transformation sequences in the remake is the only real area where it totally drops the ball, in my opinion. I wonder if it was an engine limitation?

On the other hand, the Ganado’s taunts change based on whether they’re talking to Leon alone, Leon with Ashley/Luis, or Ada. It was a really cool moment when I heard “detras de vosotros” or “una forestera” the first time!

In conclusion, RE4Make is a land of contrasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Edward_Tohr posted:

Yeah, the (lack of) transformation sequences in the remake is the only real area where it totally drops the ball, in my opinion.

The wording of this makes me wish Saddler had a Sailor Moon-esque transformation

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

The wording of this makes me wish Saddler had a Sailor Moon-esque transformation

Yes. Absolutely yes.

Thanks for the LP, even if I'm premature and you end up doing the DLC. Either way, I had a blast!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Parasites make me better!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jONmfN32lE&t=13s

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Are you going to show off the other collectible that increases your health?

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

This some of the only known footage of the old RE4 Hook Man version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUFM3EmXMJY

azren
Feb 14, 2011

theenglishman posted:

This some of the only known footage of the old RE4 Hook Man version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUFM3EmXMJY

That's pretty cool! Looks like the game was going to be something completely different than what we got.

Incidentally, I'm pretty sad we didn't get the laser hallway or any reference to it in RE4make. If they leave the boulder punching out of a theoretical remake of 5, I don't know what they're doing anymore.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

azren posted:

That's pretty cool! Looks like the game was going to be something completely different than what we got.

Incidentally, I'm pretty sad we didn't get the laser hallway or any reference to it in RE4make. If they leave the boulder punching out of a theoretical remake of 5, I don't know what they're doing anymore.

Ah, but consider: they can't leave out the boulder punching sequence. It gets a direct callout in Village, when Heisenberg refers to Chris as "that boulder punching rear end in a top hat"

They may have made a funny joke, but they joked themselves into a corner. If RE5make happens, they gotta have Chris punching a boulder or they're gonna make Heisenberg look insane (y'know, aside from the, uh, you know)

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Going to have Chris melee a golem.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I want to believe, but they did intend to leave out the "Where's everyone going....bingo?" line originally so who knows :ohdear:

Also, good call on the hallucinations calling back to that Hookman stuff. I hadn't thought about that when I played through this one, but I think that makes sense. I also liked the throughline of that enemy, it felt like it gave a bit more direction to just following Ada around on the fringes of the main campaign. And good new ending music too, all in all a good start to the DLC.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Adler was completely intentional, like his name is House instead of Ho(l)mes and his best friend is Wilson not Watson.

edit: Also I really liked RE5, my best friend and I played that coop and had a blast except for that final boss fight...just, gently caress that battle

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 23, 2023

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
My major complaint was "this virus also turns you blonde just so you don't guess who it is".

In a series of viruses that do plot-convenient things, that was the one that had my eyes rolling the most

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Not to worry folks, we are hard at work recording commentary.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

"Complete local saturation" is instantly on the all-time great RE lines list, and I completely missed it in my own playthrough :negative:

In my defense, that's because my audio setup decided to break in a way that mutes all the codec audio, so I just tuned out those conversations, so I'm really glad it got brought up here. Yeah, right up there with "that boulder-punching rear end in a top hat" for great RE5 callbacks.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I'm not going to say that Ada's voice actress is overall bad, but her delivery for this entire video is lifeless. I think a lot of that falls on the shoulders of poor writing but so much of the delivery is flat as hell. For someone who is generally portrayed as a femme fatale, delivering lines like :effort: "So. He wants me to deliver the Amber. An Ill omen. *yawn* Who will pay it's dark cost?" It's such a waste.

Again, I think that's bad writing though.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHMnUeTRQl8

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Okay, I'm getting confused by the timeline here. Shouldn't more time have passed between Ada ringing the bell and the scene at the end of the video? Or am I just thinking about it too hard?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Goddamn, just realised I never watched the Claire playthrough of RE2 remake.

Does anyone have a link?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Goddamn, just realised I never watched the Claire playthrough of RE2 remake.

Does anyone have a link?

Here's a link to the whole playlist of uncut episodes from the RE2R LP we did. My part, the Claire side, is the first 10 videos.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9oVI8FHeoRvWnbH7frIWm2cQYhU-QuG4

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Thanks!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Merchants will buy used cigars, what's stopping Ada from jacking anything from Mendez and selling it?

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
"Go though Leon's setpieces, but backwards!" is all right for a postgame unlockable that comes with the game, but I really don't think it was worth the :10bux: to actually buy the DLC.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Eh, I had fun, there are also a few gameplay differences that I miss in the main game now, which helps this stand apart. Ten bucks for a couple four hour playthroughs plus however much I'll revisit it in the future seems perfectly fine to me.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
How did I never realise items in the briefcases were 3D objects :psyduck:

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

How did I never realise items in the briefcases were 3D objects :psyduck:

They always have been, even in the Original RE4, that's why the old game had the option to flip your items over, so you could point your gun to the left without flipping it upside down.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I have literally never rotated the suitcase. I am ashamed.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

azren
Feb 14, 2011

That fight's ammo requirement would drive me nuts...

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

one of y'all's audio got really mumbly toward the end of the video, after the big fight

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I will always remember that OG LP where several ganados glitched into entering the house Leon was in at the beginning.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

biosterous posted:

one of y'all's audio got really mumbly toward the end of the video, after the big fight

do you perhaps mean the Luis cutscene that we've seen before and where at one point everyone seems to talk over each other?

:ssh: they spliced the main LP audio under the new commentary here as a goof

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

How can you be sure we didn’t suddenly change into adults from a Peanuts cartoon?

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

do you perhaps mean the Luis cutscene that we've seen before and where at one point everyone seems to talk over each other?

I thought they were hinting at an upcoming Control LP.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

thank you for explaining the joke because i did not get it :shobon:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Wa11y posted:

< This outcome would be Acceptable/Enjoyed >

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Wa11y posted:

Captain Hygiene posted:

< This outcome would be Acceptable/Enjoyed >

You two are trying to put a dangerous idea in my head, but luckily I'm fully aware the amount of care a Control LP deserves is currently beyond my means

Now if I could convince Argate to do all the heavy lifting in my stead :v: