Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
A control LP, wow, the sheer amount of confusion/discussion that would birng, just wow. Also that would open up the floor to doing Alan wake LPs too.

EDIT: Oops, Update on previous page!

stryth fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Nov 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
One little detail I noticed and liked about these scenes is that when Ada is pointing the gun at Luis, she has her finger on the trigger. Later on, when she does it to Leon, her finger is specifically outside of the trigger guard.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Ada either has some serious trust issues or she loves to point guns at people out of habit. I thought Luis needed her to get away from here. Why does she keep pointing the gun at him?

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

Scalding Coffee posted:

Ada either has some serious trust issues or she loves to point guns at people out of habit. I thought Luis needed her to get away from here. Why does she keep pointing the gun at him?

Probably cause he keeps Amber-balling Ada, and she's getting frustrated.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Luis is a work-acquaintance that keeps making Ada question whether it'd be more trouble to just shoot him and find the Amber herself or let him keep jerking her around, so she puts her finger in the guard to show she means it when she asks why she shouldn't just shoot him. Leon is an equal who she likes to toy with but wouldn't ever fight seriously, so she keeps her finger close enough to appear like she's handling him the same way without actually risking Leon taking a bullet for real. Thinking on it, Leon kinda recognizes this too given he put the blunt edge of the knife against her in one of the earlier cutscenes with the serrated edge facing outwards.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
She was being really flirty with Leon. Can't do that if you might accidentally shoot him in the head.

"Walk away right now and, who knows? Maybe you'll live to meet me again. And then I might get you that "greeting" you were looking for."

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
The thought just occurred to me, Ada knows Leon is Plaga infected, she KNOWS what happens to the Plaga infected. Why is she telling him to leave? She knows that's not really an option, on account of the whole head exploding thing. We know she seems to like him too, so, WTH Ada? And no, spaghetti make out sessions are not a viable answer.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Maybe she knows more about the spaghetti and that they depend on being psychically irradiated or ordered around by some Saddler alike and so he'll be safe far away and to control Ashley, Saddler will have to leave the village and shadow her or something.

Or it's a plot hole.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Maybe she's testing him, to make sure he hasn't backslid into being as jaded as she pretends to be since their last meeting.

If he's still the do-right boy scout, then she gets him a motorboat and jet-ski at the end, because he's doing the right thing. Maybe if she and Luis were successful in getting the serum together and Leon did not solve that problem himself, she would be OK with helping him.

OTOH, if he is like "You're right, to hell with the helpless girl." Then maybe she knows to not waste her time anymore. Or even more generously, maybe she then has the idea in the back of her head to try and convince Wesker to rescue Ashley, as she'd be a good bargaining chip.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
She can help by telling Leon not to drink his sorrows away.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Awfully nice to have your own portable meth lab.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
I love the implication that Luis has no idea what Ada's infected with, since his suppressant didn't work.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
drat, dude can make medicine with a box and the power of his mind.

It doesn't work, but he can still do it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Luis has his own bag of holding.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately

Shei-kun posted:

drat, dude can make medicine with a box and the power of his mind.

It doesn't work, but he can still do it.

On the one hand, being a biosciences or medical prodigy in the Resident Evil universe almost certainly designates you with a significant trend towards Evil.

On the other hand it allows you to practically warp reality to your whims.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I enjoyed the RBF references

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
"Eat the green herb!"

Argate does not in fact eat the green herb and inflicts 1d4 psychic damage on his co-commentators.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I posted this in the video comments but flashbangs do a lot of damage to Garradors if the parasite is exposed with a gunshot.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Appreciate the commentary on how disgusting Ada's sweater-dress must be after splashing about in the sewers.

You know that thing's not going to be dry for the rest of the game.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Apologies for the late video, I got swamped with work stuff yesterday and this slipped my mind.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Amazing how fast you can accomplish your objectives by ignoring every out of the way lantern/cage hanging over a death trap.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I just realized that while the Ada melee animations are cooler looking, they really lack the audio oomph and camera shake that Leon gets. It makes them feel weaker, even though I'm pretty sure mechanically they do the same damage.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
If there was the sneaking mechanic from RE2R applied to this game; the suitcase Ada has makes her weigh a lot more than Claire, since U-3 heard her moving around.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Did RE invent the "shoot the red/orange glowy bit for pus-exploding extra damage" mechanic?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Did RE invent the "shoot the red/orange glowy bit for pus-exploding extra damage" mechanic?

Glowing weak points have been a video game mechanic since forever. Even combining zombies and gross body parts might have been house of the dead first.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It has to be before Splatterhouse was a thing.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Seems they had the time to fill in that opening above the breakable wall after Leon saved Ashley.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I did enjoy seeing dropped pieces of the main game show up here, the laser hallway in particular was something I missed. I always wondered if this guy was completely new or a reuse of something during the original game's development. I guess I could've googled it at any time, but that's what I watch LPs for :tipshat:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Have to say, the choice of thumbnails so far has been great, but that last one is incredible.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
That's one way to get around the main game not having deadly QTEs.
No dracula chair.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
That boat could have been used to fish for Del Lago.

Sel Nar
Dec 19, 2013

Scalding Coffee posted:

That boat could have been used to fish for Del Lago.

So, for those curious (nobody), I did a bit of digging based on the appearance of the various guns on the ship that Ada promptly demolishes, and the closest real-world comparison is the Spanish Santa Maria class frigate, which has been around from the early 1980's.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Man, I like the shield grab move, I really wish it made it back into the main game for Leon in NG+ or something. More rear end in a top hat(ish) physics would be fun, too, conking dudes with stuff flying around is always a good time in games.

And that boss fight played out a lot differently in both of my runs. Running up behind the altar at the back end of the room turned it into a long distance fight, Saddler stayed back far enough to keep the rifle viable with a few long range dodges, and he went down in few enough shots that I never had to get in close. That was on normal difficulty, so maybe it doesn't work if he lasts longer on higher levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Just how deep was that dock?