Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Street Fighter is one of the quintessential fighting game franchises and an arcade staple for decades. After a poor fifth entry, the series returned in June 2023 with one of the most celebrated and successful fighting games of recent memory, Street Fighter 6. Featuring a slick, stylized new art direction, an extensive player character creator, and one of fighting game's strongest story modes, World Tour, my teammate Jacob knew we had to LP it within his first week of playing.

JigglyJacob takes the LPer's seat to show me (ThornBrain) and MugiStraw through the hefty World Tour mode, with occasional dips into the more classic Arcade Mode as we meet the SF characters to give them some time to shine. While the whole roster will get plenty of screen time, the real star of this show is our player character, Helena "Bopette" Aran, the daughter of Little Mac from MugiStraw's classic Punch-Out!! Wii LP and Samus Aran from all those Metroid games we haven't LP'd. And she's more adorable and ridiculous than we could have hoped for.
Join us as we watch our overeager daughter bop her way into all the hearts of the world!

(Art and icon by Jacob)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fanart

(By NullBlack)

(By Zinkiez)

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
This game came completely out of left field for me. I wasn't expecting there to be the open world game mode, and I wasn't expecting it to be so stylistic and good

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
The game looks so cute and stylish. I have to admit I wasn't really interested before, but now I'm eager to see more!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
drat Luke has got some arms.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Surprised no one commented on Poison and Hugo in the background of the Luke & Jamie fight.
At least they looked like them. :v:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I wanted to get this game solely based on the strength of the character creator, but figured it was a complete no-go based on me not doing well with fighting games in general, and the last Street Fighter in particular. Seeing the bit here about the control changes really got my attention though, I think I could actually give this one a shot. Not til it's a ways into discount land though, I'll be happy to just keep watching for now.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

SF6 is real good and theres been nothing but positives being said about it.
Even modern hasnt turned up as much of a controversy as people expected, its implemented real well
(even if it makes me salty that some characters in modern have near frame-perfect true combo strings that are really hard to pull of classic)

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jul 23, 2023

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Cooked Auto posted:

Surprised no one commented on Poison and Hugo in the background of the Luke & Jamie fight.
At least they looked like them. :v:

You'll wanna keep an eye on the background in basically all of the art; if there's space for them, more often than not there's at least one or two familiar faces snuck into the back for longtime fans to appreciate

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I have seen many LPs that made me wish I could draw well enough to truly convey what I wished in fan art, but none so much as the mental image of Bopette with the tube and the balloon.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
SF6 has the most detailed feet in all of gaming, as anyone who's had a match with or against Juri can tell you.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

It ain't Street Fighter without this classic crowd-pleaser, so let's go make friends with her!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I did not expect Juri Han to dip into Harley Quinn briefly during that cutscene.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
On the subject of fighting characters who are students of masters, it's worth noting that even if you're not using that master's style to fight them, you still get experience towards that style for defeating them. There have been times where I've had a style I haven't used in ages suddenly rank up out of nowhere because I'd fought against a few students of that style without realizing it.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I'm sorry to report that as a 90's kid the term "bop" has been ruined forever but I will do my best to not think of children's pop songs every time someone says "Bopette"

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Bopette's not as good at making friends as she wants to be.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Now that's what we call an S-tier ending. :thumbsup:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
That was the perfect cut at the end.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The board-holding trainer guy who doesn't take poo poo from customers? I'm 100% behind him. A true thread hero :patriot:

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

:perfect:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Video's a little late 'cause we got distracted by Marisa.

LOOK AT OUR GIRL SHE'S SO CUTE THANK YOU!!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

ThornBrain posted:

Video's a little late 'cause we got distracted by Marisa.

LOOK AT OUR GIRL SHE'S SO CUTE THANK YOU!!

Marisa has some serious vibes with her grab moves.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I somehow knew that Marisa was going to be a character Jacob practiced. with. I just knew.

Because Jacob has good taste and Marisa's great.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Hey this girl sounds familiar

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
I'm impressed by your continued commitment to fashion atrocity. Even if it is accidental.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Oh good lord, with that Cowichan Sweater and the shirt she looks like either someone aunt or grandma.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
To para-quote Firefly... "A person who wears that? You know that ain't afraid of anything."

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Bopette's fashion is truly her most powerful attack.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I recently made an alt in FF14, and when I got my Chocobo today, I named it Bopette. Congratulations on influcing me!

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

This week's new friend is a fun one

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Beat her up, take her helmet, and wear that - because that way you won't have to take off the kitty ears!

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Singing Wolf is super old, he'd be saying "pound sign," not "hashtag" :colbert:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I was not prepared for the helmet reveal :aaaaa:

berryjon posted:

Beat her up, take her helmet, and wear that - because that way you won't have to take off the kitty ears!

:hmmyes:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Randy Savage isn't dead. He's just moonlighting as Singing Wolf.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Dee Jay's fine, but crowd pleaser 2 is here...

(That's a 7, not a 1. The font I'm using is weird and I probably should have used a different one.)

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Well, she's no Rosarita Cisneros, but Bopette is getting there with that maid outfit.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Lot of little call backs in the cutscenes
Dr light on the money bills
Megaman.exe's logo on the chip bosch gives you

Bosch himself being named Bosch :v:

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Sep 3, 2023

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Gotta say, that outfit is well animated. So many chances for bad clipping or something, but it's smooth!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
The way all the styles and animations happen to work with Bopette's model are an absolute delight of unintentional hilarity.

Designing someone who's supposed to be like a dweeb and they turn out to just appear absolutely unhinged is great. I am so looking forward to how she looks with the rest of the styles!