Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:

Views:

The face of a winning quarterback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
That was one of the most :siren:CLOWNBALL:siren: games I've ever seen

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hahaha, Dak Prescott is in danger

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Man, just for some wild stuff, this might have been one of the best opening weeks the NFL's had in a long time

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think I need a night to process what I just saw.

What the hell was that Bills

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

cant believe the jets are going to go 2-0 to start the season

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

It usually takes until week 5 before we get into prime clownball form but hey guess this is a blessed year.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/tejfbanalytics/status/1701436205303263501

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

fartknocker posted:

That was one of the most :siren:CLOWNBALL:siren: games I've ever seen

And it ruled

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

The Vikings losing this weekend sucked but game after game was an incremental example of "Well, at least we didn't lose like that."

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/VinceMancini/status/1701435654629097701

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/kyronsamuels/status/1701434797778698630

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Darth Brooks posted:

The Panthers losing this weekend sucked but game after game was an incremental example of "Well, at least we didn't lose like that."

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1701438374928662956?t=CSi9n3PxCwVlzhvebyvagw&s=19

"Awesome"

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

N:

V:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The big question we'll be talking about all week after tonight is the quarterback problem. There's still time but the Bills need to figure this out now

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
So the best QBs in the AFC:

Mahomes: L
Herbert: L
Allen: L
Burrow: L
Rodgers: probably out 4+ weeks min

Trevor Lawrence is now the best QB in the AFC

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Oh I'm sorry. You were asking about Zach instead of Garrett? Oh. Um. Yeah...

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Criminal Minded posted:

So the best QBs in the AFC:

Mahomes: L
Herbert: L
Allen: L
Burrow: L
Rodgers: probably out 4+ weeks min

Trevor Lawrence is now the best QB in the AFC

The unanimous MVP had a W, bit h

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

The face of a man who thinks Zach Wilson is awesome

https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/1701392084995879201

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Bills still have Allen on his rookie contract, right?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Happy 15 Year Anniversary to this post

quote:

Dear Ed "Guns" Hocculi,

I am a lifelong San Diego Chargers fan and season ticket holder, and like many other Chargers fans, I was sick and disgusted by the call on Sunday, but I'm sure you've heard that ten times over by now.

First, let me say that I really respected you for immediately coming out and acknowledging that you messed the call up. A lot of referees wouldn't do that, and the fact that you've come out and manned up for blowing the call shows a lot for your character. I respect that.

However, it never should have come down to this. I understand that human error is part of the game, but I really have to question what you were looking that on the play. I haven't seen any perspective on the field where that play looked remotely like an incomplete pass. In the last minute of the game, you blowing the whistle cost the Chargers the game. Why didn't you hold the whistle and review the play as if it was a fumble, since it would have been reviewed by the booth upstairs regardless of what your ruling on the field was?

And that isn't the only questionable call in that game alone. The first quarter ruling of an interception by Champ Bailey was just as terrible. Chris Chambers and Champ Bailey clearly both had possession of the ball when they went to the ground, and as you know, the NFL rules state that a joint possession goes to the offensive player.

I really have to start questioning if you have a personal vendetta against the San Diego Chargers. Last year in the playoffs, you reffed the Chargers/Titans wild card game and again, made a lot of ticky tack calls against the Chargers, and then there was this sunday. Are you a Broncos fan first and an NFL official second? Did you have dinner with Mike Shanahan later that night? It would explain a lot.

I think you're one of, if not the best official in the NFL, but my opinion on you reffing Chargers games has soured. I respect your coming forward and taking the heat that you're rightfully getting, but that doesn't change the fact that I never want to see you out on the field during a Chargers game again. You had better hope that Denver doesn't win the AFC West by a single game, or you'll have an entire city of people out for your head.

Disheartened and disappointed,

Ross Hester

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Alternate thread titles:

The Twin Towers are Tails
We just lost to some elves
Get that weight up little boy

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
Currently rooting for the Jets to win the Super Bowl with a Nathaniel Hackett/Zach Wilson offense

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Black Lighter posted:

Currently rooting for the Jets to win the Super Bowl with a Nathaniel Hackett/Zach Wilson offense

Hackett just needed a better Wilson at QB

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
been giggling about the overtime coin for like 20 straight minutes now

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
God I love the NFL.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Mystic Stylez posted:

The unanimous MVP had a W, bit h

knew I was forgetting somebody, long week

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I feel bad for Fraudgers if he is well and truly done. Hopefully his contact for this season was guaranteed, and he can mentor Wilson for the rest then ride off into the yellow sunset.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
So does A A Ron get to say he's undefeated as a Jets starter now?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1701443347980652937?t=_AbVwj6-Rz4603TxAPkwTA&s=19

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

after rodgers got hurt a friend put in a parlay that was diggs td + jets moneyline, for +1500

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Aaron's toast

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1701440368410054922

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I know week 1's are just pre season extensions but did it feel like this week 1 was extra sloppy?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
This is the one situation where I guess I would be OK with Tom coming back again

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Criminal Minded posted:

knew I was forgetting somebody, long week

I was just messing with you, Lamar's performance was also forgettable

But for real though, I feel awful for the Jets fans. Nobody deserves this poo poo, especially after an endless parade of horrible quarterbacks

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Sep 12, 2023

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Hughmoris posted:

Bills still have Allen on his rookie contract, right?

Yep! But his extension kicks in next year.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Eat some clay Aaron, that'll fix it.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Midnightghoul posted:

This is the one situation where I guess I would be OK with Tom coming back again

Would Tom on the Jets be more or less weird than Favre on the Vikings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

they should have just picked up Jimmy G or Derek Carr