Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
like if everyone's complaints were "he'll never develop as a passer!" I could understand these high levels of apologia, but "he runs himself out of games with injury (like he did in college)" is exactly what we've seen so far. it's not even a projection, just simple observation. sure he might be great at running - he could be super sayian god Michael Vick - but if he never finishes a game he's a bad quarterback, that's all there is to it

I want him to be good cause his highlights are fun as hell. but there's like a 15% chance that any highlight play he makes will be his last of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

UF has won multiple titles in living memory, is in one of the hottest recruiting areas of the country and has a ton of money to throw at sports. It’s nothing like Wyoming.

Richardson was a 4 star college recruit with offers from multiple big time programs. He did the Manning passing academy, had private coaching, played for noted college QB guru Dan Mullen; he had most every advantage you can have and still kinda sucked.

That’s not to say that he can’t possibly be a good NFL player, but he’s not a Josh Allen diamond-in-the-rough, he’s simply been resistant to polishing so far.
Noted analyst Dan Mullen.

UF is a tire fire and what they did 15 years ago doesn't matter today.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

indigi posted:

like if everyone's complaints were "he'll never develop as a passer!" I could understand these high levels of apologia, but "he runs himself out of games with injury (like he did in college)" is exactly what we've seen so far. it's not even a projection, just simple observation. sure he might be great at running - he could be super sayian god Michael Vick - but if he never finishes a game he's a bad quarterback, that's all there is to it

I want him to be good cause his highlights are fun as hell. but there's like a 15% chance that any highlight play he makes will be his last of the game

I feel like that's one of the easier things to coach out of a guy, though, especially once he starts taking NFL-level hits. Two games in, I dunno that there's any reason to assume that he's just inherently built to destroy himself.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

LiquidFriend posted:

tire fire seems a bit extreme

2018 Florida went 10-3 and won the Peach bowl
2019 Florida went 11-2 and won the Orange bowl
2020 Florida went 8-4, won the SEC East, had one of the best offenses in college football and were a few plays (and a shoe throw) away from the CFP
2021 Florida went 6-7 and Mullen was fired
2022 Florida went 6-7 in Napier's first year
2023 Florida is 2-1 after 2 games against top 15 teams and has the #3 recruiting class in 2024

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Ehud posted:

tire fire seems a bit extreme

2018 Florida went 10-3 and won the Peach bowl
2019 Florida went 11-2 and won the Orange bowl
2020 Florida went 8-4, won the SEC East, had one of the best offenses in college football and were a few plays (and a shoe throw) away from the CFP
2021 Florida went 6-7 and Mullen was fired
2022 Florida went 6-7 in Napier's first year
2023 Florida is 2-1 after 2 games against top 15 teams and has the #3 recruiting class in 2024
A little extreme perhaps but even with an SECCG win they weren't hitting the playoffs in 2020.

Mullen didn't program develop like he did in Starkville for the Gators.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

LiquidFriend posted:

A little extreme perhaps but even with an SECCG win they weren't hitting the playoffs in 2020.

SECCG win + don't throw a shoe against LSU and they're a playoff team in 2020.

Anyways, we're in the NFL week 2 thread talking about UF lol

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

LiquidFriend posted:

I’m not saying they’re good, I’m saying they’re nothing like Wyoming.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

USF is the Wyoming of Florida

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Isentropy posted:

To be fair isnt UF the closest thing to Wyoming?

this is the most casually savage burn of UF ive seen in a minute. lmao

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

College football is lame. Pee wee league junk tier football

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sponges posted:

A hopefully hyperbolic take worthy of your avatar.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Black Lighter posted:

I feel like that's one of the easier things to coach out of a guy, though, especially once he starts taking NFL-level hits. Two games in, I dunno that there's any reason to assume that he's just inherently built to destroy himself.

if it was easy they would have coached it out of him in college. there's plenty of guys who never learn to protect themselves

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

sponges posted:

please stop making fun of my alma mater, regardless of how true it is

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm sorry I said anything all I really meant was

indigi posted:

this.

I have Richardson in dynasty so I believe in him and want him to be good. But like, there's a reason Stroud puts up "junk time points" it's because he's still in the game.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Ehud posted:

SECCG win + don't throw a shoe against LSU and they're a playoff team in 2020.

Anyways, we're in the NFL week 2 thread talking about UF lol
Right. I was going to put in more about SEC talk and stopped before it got absurd. Probably too late.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Richardson has an absolutely astronomical ceiling, but there's no way of knowing if he'll hit it.

CJ Stroud (thru two games, small sample size, etc.) looks better than Young or Richardson with a worse surrounding cast than either.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I just saw a really accurate QB in Stroud and I like that personally. And way too many smart guys on here using Ohio State as an arguing point.

https://twitter.com/NFLRookieWatxh/status/1703599752317939916

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I think the Texans receivers might be better than they get credit for too. They aren’t gonna be all pros or anything but they all seem competent. It’s not the pre Mahomes Chiefs where you could go an entire season without a single touchdown caught by a wideout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

That’s not to say that he can’t possibly be a good NFL player, but he’s not a Josh Allen diamond-in-the-rough, he’s simply been resistant to polishing so far.

Just get a bigger, badder grinder

https://www.diamondtoolstore.com/pr...zTiyNDapBReTcr0