Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

kiimo posted:

Do not watch this.
You've been warned

In a world of MMA highlights this is pretty mild, though yeah there's absolutely no need to watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Man not gonna lie Bryce Young looks horrible so far.

Texans may have accidentally dodged a bullet drafting #2.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Strobe posted:

My favorite Mahomes fun fact is that so far good shortest season(s) as a starter ended in overtime in the AFFCG. They've never ended earlier than that.

The Rams leaving St. Louis after I grew up with season tickets and stuck with them through some truly dire years should've killed my passion for any one NFL team for all-time but then I ended up moving to Kansas City and raptly watching this game play out in the hottest ticket BBQ restaurant in town and realizing I absolutely had to watch Mahomes as much as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkMUXct0kEc

One of those LeBron-level freaks where you don't even need context to see how special they are.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Blind Pineapple posted:

I don’t need to see video of Chubb’s injury, but was it like Willis McGahee? The announcers made it sound horrific.

I didn't think about that at the time, but yeah it looked almost identical.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

kiimo posted:

lol okay. Stroud putting up 380 passing yards as a pocket passer in his second game I'll take any day than my QB headbutting a defensive player and forgetting what state he's in.

A ton of those 380 yards were against a soft defense and the Colts secondary is not good.

Richardson has been the best QB so far. All he's gotta do is protect himself better.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

A ton of those 380 yards were against a soft defense and the Colts secondary is not good.

Richardson has been the best QB so far. All he's gotta do is protect himself better.

Wasn't he known for not doing that in college though?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

can we wait until Richardson finishes a game intact before declaring him the best QB in the draft

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

whos that broooown posted:

I don't think so, largely? Not like I watched a lot of Florida football so I could be wrong, but it seemed like he was really trying to prove he could throw the ball. To his own, and his team's detriment much of the time.

Like they would have been a lot better it seems if he'd just gone one read and taken off most of the time.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

lmao how do I send up the bat signal to all the gators fans to come explain to you how bad this is going to go?

he will never not get himself injured, he will never figure out how to consistently pass, he will be absolutely electric for a few plays every game or two just to tease you before once again playing like poo poo or getting knocked out

Grittybeard posted:

I don't think so, largely? Not like I watched a lot of Florida football so I could be wrong, but it seemed like he was really trying to prove he could throw the ball. To his own, and his team's detriment much of the time.

Like they would have been a lot better it seems if he'd just gone one read and taken off most of the time.

nah he ran (and was great sometimes!) and got injured all the time at UF too. he also tried to be a pocket passer and sucked at that.

he's literally never learned how to be a real quarterback and he constantly picks up injuries. he's not magically learned to be a qb from a single offseason with the hapless colts or gotten less injury prone now that even bigger & faster dudes are hitting him

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Sep 19, 2023

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Give Bryce time he’ll cook

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I too am shocked the QB who threw 47 pass attempts in garbage time had better counting stats than the guy who threw 33 times.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

whos that broooown posted:

I dunno, don't care. That same person is going on about him sucking in college but he's been fine his first two games in passing and making good decisions.

The concussion yesterday was because he didn't see the guy and let up before he scored, so it wasn't like he was seeking out contact. Just has to learn to run hard and finish the play and watch out.

Like you know NFL coaches are typically a lot better than college coaches, right?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

I dunno, don't care. That same person is going on about him sucking in college but he's been fine his first two games in passing and making good decisions.

The concussion yesterday was because he didn't see the guy and let up before he scored, so it wasn't like he was seeking out contact. Just has to learn to run hard and finish the play and watch out.

Like you know NFL coaches are typically a lot better than college coaches, right?

lets back up for a minute. you're banking on him doing things in the pros that he's literally never once shown in his entire career. and unlike Josh Allen, Richardson has had access to all the coaching clinics and throwing coaches and all that bullshit the entire time. im taking the position that in the entire history of drafting QBs virtually none of them have gone from being bad in college to great in the pros. he's not going to be the .0001% unicorn that you're hoping he'll be particularly when in his first two games he's shown one of the exact issues he had in college: constantly collecting injuries when he runs.

obviously talk yourself into hoping, bc thats sports but as a non indy fan im gonna just keep laughing.

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Sep 19, 2023

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Amy Pole Her posted:

He's already cooked

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Amy Pole Her posted:

oh poo poo he got on Masterchef Junior????

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

e: wrong thread

biceps crimes fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Sep 19, 2023

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Relentlessboredomm posted:

oh poo poo he got on Masterchef Junior????

I chortled

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

btw the incredible statline Anthony Richardson had in the game sunday before getting knocked out of the game with a concussion was 6/10 for 56 yards, and 3 rushes for 35 yards and 2 TDs

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lets back up for a minute. you're banking on him doing things in the pros that he's literally never once shown in his entire career. and unlike Josh Allen, Richardson has had access to all the coaching clinics and throwing coaches and all that bullshit the entire time. im taking the position that in the entire history of drafting QBs virtually none of them have gone from being bad in college to great in the pros. he's not going to be the .0001% unicorn that you're hoping he'll be particularly when in his first two games he's shown one of the exact issues he had in college: constantly collecting injuries when he runs.

obviously talk yourself into hoping, bc thats sports but as a non indy fan im gonna just keep laughing.

:ok:

Keep being super weird about someone because he didn't win for your college team or whatever

Alaois posted:

btw the incredible statline Anthony Richardson had in the game sunday before getting knocked out of the game with a concussion was 6/10 for 56 yards, and 3 rushes for 35 yards and 2 TDs

Yeah and that was in 1 quarter.

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Sep 19, 2023

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Keep being super weird about someone because he didn't win for your college team or whatever

oh quite the contrary. he was delightfully bad for my college teams rival. his shittiness brought me so much joy as it will again in the pros. no hard feelings to you, i just hate your dumbass owner and the way the colts ruined Luck.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Lol, you should watch the FSU - UF game last year. 11 straight incomplete passes. Several were simple check downs. FSU fans were delighted.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

wandler20 posted:

Lol, you should watch the FSU - UF game last year. 11 straight incomplete passes. Several were simple check downs. FSU fans were delighted.

Why? It doesn't matter. Maybe he'll do something like that in the pros, but so far he hasn't.

Like everyone is all "he's gonna be bad! he's gonna be bad!" but in his first two games he's been fine passing and good running. The only thing people can criticize him for is getting a concussion.

Like we were talking about which rookie has looked the best, and I think Richardson has so far. Stroud has looked good too, but I think people are putting too much into him getting a bunch of passing yards against a bad secondary that was playing soft with a big lead.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Once the Texans get Tunsil and Howard back, we'll be able to see how good Stroud actually is.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Are we sure about this

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't know. i don't know how to find out that kind of stuff. how do you know? anyone who knows, explain in great detail how to tell apart the objective quality of an average coach and a pretty decent coach and a coach who isn't that good but has done alright for himself. do all of those for both the nfl and college, and compare the nfl ones to the college ones too so it looks like a big whole lot of lines going between all of them. tell me within the next 3 weeks or face the consequences

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--consider this post the beginning of my opus which I will fail to deliver

a neat cape posted:

Are we sure about this

Remember Charlie Weis and his 'decided schematic advantage' line?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
I was just thinking about Chip Kelly's poster boards during the game tonight

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:
Week 3 N/V threadis up.

Views:
I forgot to choose a tag so we're rolling with "poo poo Post".

:negative:

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

lmao how do I send up the bat signal to all the gators fans to come explain to you how bad this is going to go?

he will never not get himself injured, he will never figure out how to consistently pass, he will be absolutely electric for a few plays every game or two just to tease you before once again playing like poo poo or getting knocked out

nah he ran (and was great sometimes!) and got injured all the time at UF too. he also tried to be a pocket passer and sucked at that.

he's literally never learned how to be a real quarterback and he constantly picks up injuries. he's not magically learned to be a qb from a single offseason with the hapless colts or gotten less injury prone now that even bigger & faster dudes are hitting him

To be fair isnt UF the closest thing to Wyoming? Where like unless he played stupid heroball you would end up like Nebraska?

Bad habits die hard and if that’s what he learned in college you’re right he won’t last long

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

I mean I watch the bears a lot so no I don't know that.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Android Apocalypse posted:

News:
Week 3 N/V threadis up.

Views:
I forgot to choose a tag so we're rolling with "poo poo Post".

:negative:

It's a poo poo league so this checks out

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Isentropy posted:

To be fair isnt UF the closest thing to Wyoming? Where like unless he played stupid heroball you would end up like Nebraska?

Bad habits die hard and if that’s what he learned in college you’re right he won’t last long

UF has won multiple titles in living memory, is in one of the hottest recruiting areas of the country and has a ton of money to throw at sports. It’s nothing like Wyoming.

Richardson was a 4 star college recruit with offers from multiple big time programs. He did the Manning passing academy, had private coaching, played for noted college QB guru Dan Mullen; he had most every advantage you can have and still kinda sucked.

That’s not to say that he can’t possibly be a good NFL player, but he’s not a Josh Allen diamond-in-the-rough, he’s simply been resistant to polishing so far.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Why? It doesn't matter. Maybe he'll do something like that in the pros

I love, love, love the first four weeks of each NFL season. If it's not eternally writing off Bryce Young as a doomed washout and sticking your head in an oven, then it's cooking those ephemeral glimpses of Anthony Richardson in a spoon and tying off your arm

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Isentropy posted:

what the hell

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Gainesville is really the Wyoming of Florida so I don't see the issue with the analogy.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Ehud posted:

what the hell

I thought he was playing hero ball and making bad decisions because he thought he had to! Sorry!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Explain the Wyoming thing

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
it’s a state that’s shaped like a box and almost nobody lives there. nice scenery though

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Isentropy posted:

To be fair isnt UF the closest thing to Wyoming?

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Yeah and that was in 1 quarter.

Why? It doesn't matter. Maybe he'll do something like that in the pros, but so far he hasn't.

Like everyone is all "he's gonna be bad! he's gonna be bad!" but in his first two games he's been fine passing and good running. The only thing people can criticize him for is getting a concussion.

:pwn: