Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/SethWalder/status/1706378576319107297?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/1706382534647435494?t=O5UhkLoyZs8-0wDLmP1zgQ&s=19

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Bellmaker posted:

He sucks a lot but there is no universe where Wentz is worse than Zach Wilson.

Oh I don’t think his play is worse but he’s enough of an rear end in a top hat that things could just fall apart in totality. Like if he comes in and acts like the savior of the franchise and only wins 2 more games than Wilson then they may just draw and quarter him at midfield

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Diva Cupcake posted:

For as bad as you might think Carson Wentz is, Zach might be the 2nd worst QB over the last 10 years. Only Josh Rosen is worse by EPA and CPOE.

My boy Tony in the top right. :unsmith:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Freaquency posted:

I don’t think anyone’s job is in danger at this point, it’s just trying to salvage something of the season

But Wentz may make things worse, actually, and as a fan of chaos I’m all for it

For chaos I can get behind bringing in Wentz but as a serious option he's absurd. If they're going to try to salvage things try get Brissett or so other journeyman backup that isn't going to implode the locker room harder

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Freaquency posted:

Oh I don’t think his play is worse but he’s enough of an rear end in a top hat that things could just fall apart in totality. Like if he comes in and acts like the savior of the franchise and only wins 2 more games than Wilson then they may just draw and quarter him at midfield

Do you think things are not going to fall apart as the Jets go like 4-13 with the offense averaging 12 points and 2 turnovers a game?

There’s no good option but there’s basically nothing that could be worse for morale than a full season of Zack Wilson as the stater.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

What the hell is a victim witness fee??

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Freaquency posted:

I dont see a downside here?!?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Do you think things are not going to fall apart as the Jets go like 4-13 with the offense averaging 12 points and 2 turnovers a game?

There’s no good option but there’s basically nothing that could be worse for morale than a full season of Zack Wilson as the stater.

The Jets amazingly didn't have a turnover yesterday

After 5 drives, they had 1 yard of offense. They had 38 yards of offense at halftime. Outside of one 87 yard drive late in the 4th, they had 84 yards of offense over the rest of the game. They went 2-14 on 3rd downs.

They just have to get *anyone* to replace Zach Wilson. This is random dudes from other team's practice squads might give you a better chance territory.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

After 5 drives, they had 1 yard of offense. They had 38 yards of offense at halftime. Outside of one 87 yard drive late in the 4th, they had 84 yards of offense over the rest of the game. They went 2-14 on 3rd downs.

They just have to get *anyone* to replace Zach Wilson. This is random dudes from other team's practice squads might give you a better chance territory.

And they still drat near won the game had Cobb came down with that hail mary. Replacement level QB play gets them in the playoff conversation but they have to do something this week because things start to spiral real quick.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

wandler20 posted:

And they still drat near won the game had Cobb came down with that hail mary. Replacement level QB play gets them in the playoff conversation but they have to do something this week because things start to spiral real quick.

I don't go quite that far. The offensive line is bad, possibly the worst in the league, and I don't think much of Hackett's playcalling.

But Zach Wilson loving sucks in a way that most QB's don't get to. Like Christian Ponder was a significantly better QB. Zach Wilson is closer to those no hoper 3rd stringer guys who got a couple of miserable starts like Luke Falk and Keith Null.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Seriously sunk cost going on with Zach. At least the Cards were willing to rip off the bandage with the Rosen misfire after one year, though having the #1 pick probably helped with that decision.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1706395282106204448

Is the secret tank on? Is this thing on?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Taylor Swift's music is mediocre. Probably intentionally to capture wide appeal. She still owns for her efforts fighting the investor class goons on every single penny. The "Taylor's Version" gimmick is brilliant.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Looks like Wilson is starting next week against the Jets but this was kind of funny:

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1706395282106204448?s=20

Seems like Saleh is begging Douglas to do something. Just get someone in this week, take the L to the Chiefs, and get him prepped to start in 2 weeks against the Broncos.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

God bless this country, they've torn off the healthcare mask and now charge you directly for getting injured

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It’s all just deck chairs on the Titanic so I’m just rooting for whatever is funniest, personally

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Bring Ryan Fitzpatrick out of retirement.

Maybe bring in that one WR that had to play QB for the Broncos during COVID.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I just read a thing about how Dougie P was the one calling plays last year but this year he was having his OC "Press Taylor" (yes this is apparently a person's name (I assume nickname?)) call the plays this year. At halftime yesterday Doug decided to start calling plays again, which is why the offense started showing some life in the second half.

lmao, i appreciate what he's trying to do here but yea Dougie you're gonna need to keep playcalling duties this year

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jets should look to the CFL and try to sign Zach Collaros.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Kalli posted:

they did give up a safety tho right? im gonna call that the same as a turnover

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lmao my friend is the manager at Free State Brewery in Lawrence and Taylor Swift and Kelce just came in for lunch and I can only imagine the poo poo he's muttering under his breath. That place is a zoo on a regular Monday

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wandler20 posted:

Looks like Wilson is starting next week against the Jets but this was kind of funny:

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1706395282106204448?s=20

Seems like Saleh is begging Douglas to do something. Just get someone in this week, take the L to the Chiefs, and get him prepped to start in 2 weeks against the Broncos.

I keep going back to this but what else is he supposed to say? I guess you could go Parcells or whoever and just say your QB sucks but that probably won't help a whole lot. Not that anything will.

It's not really his decision is all, and what we expect him to be good at with the D he's...been pretty ok at.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Diva Cupcake posted:

For as bad as you might think Carson Wentz is, Zach might be the 2nd worst QB over the last 10 years. Only Josh Rosen is worse by EPA and CPOE.

At long last we settle the great TFF debate on Tony Romo; he’s good

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I just read a thing about how Dougie P was the one calling plays last year but this year he was having his OC "Press Taylor" (yes this is apparently a person's name (I assume nickname?)) call the plays this year. At halftime yesterday Doug decided to start calling plays again, which is why the offense started showing some life in the second half.
Doug promoted Press from assistant QB coach to "passing game coordinator" just prior to the 2020 season and neither of them had a job 4 months later

shyduck fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Sep 25, 2023

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

wandler20 posted:

The Jets are really going to be forced to bring in Wentz.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1706357740694593771?s=20

Cam Newton. Do it. Let chaos reign.

Is Kaep seriously a consideration still? Honest question - like, I stopped seeing articles about how he was still training like he was going to get offered a position.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Failson posted:

Is Kaep seriously a consideration still? Honest question - like, I stopped seeing articles about how he was still training like he was going to get offered a position.

No that dream is long dead by now. Although if it weren't the Jets would be the place for it to happen roster-wise I suppose.

The Jets do not seem to be the team that would consider this though even if he were only off for a half year instead of forever.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Failson posted:

Cam Newton. Do it. Let chaos reign.

Watson has two years of not playing football and he's god awful

Kaep has been out for 7 now. He'd be a disaster

Football player failed the Brains at Risk program lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

really queer Christmas posted:

Reach out via oujia board?

Yes. I believe the Jets would be better off with a literal corpse under center.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol Andy Reid playing chess

https://twitter.com/thelaymansterms/status/1706382170242290162?s=46&t=lsDoWNTuhOQoRWbL6s6fwA

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

We moved Exorcist because she decided to drop it the same weekend.

It's looking like a $100m opening right now

are you who i have to thank for those stupid loving commercials airing during daytime football when my kids are in the room?

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

How is JC Jackson so bad? For years with the Pats he was Pretty Good, like 9 interceptions one year and 8 in another.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No Butt Stuff posted:

are you who i have to thank for those stupid loving commercials airing during daytime football when my kids are in the room?

Not if you live in the US since I'm international

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

Not if you live in the US since I'm international

Find the US guy and kick him in the dick and balls for me

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Tom Tucker posted:

How is JC Jackson so bad? For years with the Pats he was Pretty Good, like 9 interceptions one year and 8 in another.

Bill Belichick is a better defensive coordinator than Brandon Staley.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No Butt Stuff posted:

Find the US guy and kick him in the dick and balls for me

Find the person that approved it for daytime football you mean. Obviously we're going to advertise our scary movie

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Tom Tucker posted:

He was coming off of an ankle surgery last year and just wasn't fitting into the scheme, then had a catastrophic knee injury, and Staley made sure his first on-field action was in man press vs Tyreek Hill for 80% of the game

He was fine vs Tennessee

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

here is a thread for all your hot goss needs

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4042651

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
The jets should trade for Justin Fields. A bunch of read options and deep bombs and you're in the playoffs. Plus Aaron Rodgers wont feel threatened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/richcimini/status/1706415337280000395?s=46