Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Sandwolf posted:

Do you remember how I started the game doing that and had such a loving godawful experience I’ve completely stopped doing that?

No, of course not, because you don’t follow along and then get lovely and pissy when people are frustrated with you for not playing the game you signed up for. jfc

wtf isnt zoya town? so why are you mad that we didnt vote zoya now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tired Moritz posted:

wtf isnt zoya town? so why are you mad that we didnt vote zoya now

“Illu scum” got more results than me actually articulating why Zoya is scum, I’m done with “cases”

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

Sandwolf posted:

“Illu scum” got more results than me actually articulating why Zoya is scum, I’m done with “cases”

do you actually still think i'm scum though?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Zoya posted:

do you actually still think i'm scum though?

No but that can be separate from me still being annoyed that I tried to play this game right early on and was burnt for doing so

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

the wise man said "there is no right way to play this game"

his wicked foes spit upon him and thrust him into the fire

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Ugh I’m awake

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

One minute to deadline.

Sand you’ve not voted?

I still strongly believe it’s tmor

##vote tpc

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: There was a Tea Party Crasher here. They're gone now.

Votecount for Day 6

Tea Party Crasher (4): Zoya, Voodoofly, Tired Moritz, hambeet
Voodoofly (1): Tea Party Crasher
hambeet (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly
Tired Moritz (0): Tea Party Crasher, Voodoofly, hambeet, Voodoofly, Tea Party Crasher, hambeet

Not Voting (1): Sandwolf

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 01st, 2023 at 4:17 p.m. EST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Riven with internal strife, the New Alliance of Free Stars seemed on the verge of crumbling. The Supox, long-time friends of the Utwig, began to doubt the sanity of even their most trusted space-faring ally, feeling as if they were anchored in a moral and rational universe entirely alien to their erstwhile comrades. The Yehat were bemused with this discussion and bereft still at the destruction of their mentee species, the Shofixti, in PhantomMuzzles space a few days ago. They were preparing to depart for their own sector, ready to fight the Ur-Quan on their own. As for the Arilou La'leelay, who knows what those weird greenos are thinking? It was hard for anyone to make heads or tails of their transmissions. As increasingly bespoke discussions marred by seemingly intractable disagreements echoed through the hyperwave frequencies of the Alliance members, the Utwig decided to do something uncharacteristically rash. On a hunch, in spite of everything, they placed their legendary Precursor Bomb near TeaPartyCrasher space. They detonated it. It turned out, this sector was not populated by the Zoq-Fot-Pik at all!

Tea Party Crasher was eliminated Day 6. They were...

You are the Ur-Quan Kzer-za! Your alignment is SCUM.

The Ur-Quan Kzer-Za are one of two subraces of Ur-Quan. They are nearly identical to their Ur-Quan Kohr-Ah brethren, the main difference being that their skin is green rather than black. At least part of their body is covered by a sheath which retracts when the creature experiences intense pain or fear, along with the oozing of their talons. Their race was genetically engineered by the Dnyarri from the main line of the Ur-Quan during the height of the Dnyarri Slave Empire. The Kzer-Za were designed to be the "thinkers," the scientists, technicians, and overseers of the Empire. The Kzer-Za follow the Path of Now and Forever. This doctrine states that they must seek out all sentient life and offer them a choice: imprisonment or enslavement. The Kzer-Za are aware that this way of life may be incorrect and so they willingly participate in the Doctrinal Conflict with the Kohr-Ah

At night, choose a player to ##drone - they will be unable to perform a night action.

Once per game, you may perform a juggernaut kill.

--------------

And with that, the New Alliance of Free Stars had finally rid the sector of the Ur-Quan menace...for now!

The game has ended in a TOWN victory!

Hey! You there! I thought I was donezo right next to the airlock there. But I survived! Aren't you thrilled?! And what's more, thanks to ME, the Ur-Quan are dead! You owe me big time. Oh hey, it looks like your Taalo shield is gone. Great job! Good thinking! NOW LISTEN TO ME, MINIONS! YOU MUST TRAVEL TO THE GALACTIC CORE AND INCINERATE YOURSELF IN THE NEAREST SUN!

Oh wait. Your shield is still active? I knew that! I was just joking! Har har! Listen, it was a pleasure working with you, and I'm just gonna harmlessly go back to sleep in the storage pod. Sweet dreams, Alliance buddies!

Remaining TOWN role-cards:

Hambeet was...

You are the Utwig! The Utwig live in the Aquarii constellation. They are a fatalist race of stiff, thin, brown, rough-skinned humanoids with a sophisticated, somewhat mystic culture, involving masks and their dependency on an artifact known as the Ultron. They believe that their race has a grand destiny to, via the Ultron, "perform [an] essential service for the universe".

You are TOWN aligned. You are the town doctor. At night, pick a target. They are protected from one killing effect.
You also find yourself in communication with someone, though the channel does not appear to be secure...

-------------

Sandwolf was....

You are the Supox. The Supox Utricularia are an intelligent spacefaring race resembling some carnivorous plants. At first contact with the New Alliance of Free Stars, the Supox were already allied with the nearby Utwig and provide the Captain's starmap with the location of their Sphere of Influence

You are TOWN aligned. You find yourself in communication with someone, though the channel does not appear to be secure...You have no additional powers.

-------------------

Tired Moritz was...

You are the Yehat. The Yehat are a Pterodactyl-like race that has travelled the stars for many centuries. They were a significant force in the Alliance of Free Stars before defecting to the Hierarchy. In the late 2150s, a civil war splits the Yehat into Rebel and Loyalist factions. The Yehat resemble ancient Earth Pterodactyls in that the last finger bone of each hand is extended to support wing-like patagia and their heads have that animal's characteristic crest. They are capable of at least gliding, if not full flight. They appear to walk upright, but with difficulty.

While the appearances are not completely similar, the Pkunk, the Yehat, the Melnorme, and certain reliable sources1 all seem to agree that the Yehat and Pkunk are distant biological relatives, having diverged more than a thousand years ago. The separation of the two races was not amicable, and there is still clear hostility between the species. Despite their common ancestry, the cause of the morphological differences between the two species is unknown.

You are TOWN aligned. You are vanilla and have no other special powers

--------------------

VoodooFly was...

The Arilou Lalee'lay, Ariloulaleelay, or Arilou for short, are an enigmatic and reclusive species. They first made themselves known to the Galaxy during the Ur-Quan Slave War, suddenly appearing and applying to join the Alliance of Free Stars, almost immediately after the humans joined. Their actions were equally mercurial at the end of the war, retreating and abandoning the other races as soon as the Humans were slave-shielded. The motives for their actions seem to be some mysterious connection they have with the Human race. You are one of the few known races capable of extra-dimensional travel

You are TOWN aligned. Twice per game, you may ##teleport making you untargetable. Other alien races may be looking for you

----------

Zoya was....

You are the Chenjesu, are a race of silicon-based, crystalline beings that are native to the Sapphire World of Procyon II. Possessing vast intellects and advanced technology, they were the de facto leaders of the Alliance of Free Stars.

You are TOWN aligned

You have no special powers beyond your vote

Thank you all for playing and I hope you enjoyed this internet mafia game. If you haven't done so before, play this dang video game, it's amazing. There's a relatively new HD version if you're afraid of 1990s DOS graphics.

shwinnebego fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Dec 2, 2023

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Omg thank gently caress

Happy to have been wrong

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

hambeet posted:

Omg thank gently caress

Happy to have been wrong

you were the town MVP despite not doccing fool

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

shwinnebego posted:

you were the town MVP despite not doccing fool

how many times did beet do the needful?

Good game all, sorry about that TPC you played pretty well just got boxed in

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

Thank you, I felt like I was playing well when you didn't immediately soul read me lol

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
yayyy

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

Action sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Azi0kIX0hFurI9DpWNwTxcvxhLUS8naGfi9I-hoGzU/edit#gid=0

Voodoo vanished to avoid the NK night 1.

Beet docc'd successfully N3 i believe.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
gg, thanks for running shwinn, sorry i shat the bed re: pander

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

shwinnebego posted:

Action sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Azi0kIX0hFurI9DpWNwTxcvxhLUS8naGfi9I-hoGzU/edit#gid=0

lol yeah so voodoo was right about n1.

i protected sandwolf n2

no kills were attempted night 4 it seems?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh here's the flavour case i had copy / pasted to a txt

goodies in the game:

shofixti (phantom muzzles) blow themselves up instead of being defeated

human (Salad) are goodies and the Player Character in the game, and they always want to gently caress the syreen so, so bad.

syreen (pander) are space sirens that humans want to gently caress. i can't recall why messenger is apt for them. maybe because they're portrayed as women and all women gossip because shwinney is sexist?

pkunk (fos) are mystics / psychics hence 'seer'.

melnorme (tammy/keats) are space traders, technically not aligned but eh he flipped town. they help the humans so yeah.

spathi (wologar) are cowards / hiding in the shadows but watching

aliloue (voodoo) their homeworld is in hyperspace, not real space so it's harder to find / get to

utwig (hambeet) believe they provide an 'essential service' for the universe as holders of an ancient artifact (so doctor) and are close allies with the suppox (hence masonry),

suppox (sandwolf) allies with the utwig. and well they don't do much else which checks out i guess?

zoq-fot-piq (tpc) a symbiosis of three separate species that work together. i dont get the blocking connection, but having three of them and three blocks? yeah i can sorta see it.

chenjesu (zoya) super intelligent but a bit up themselves because of it. generally, not hostile, preferring exploration or talking about how smart they are. unsure if this jives with a vanilla role but eh.... .

baddies in the game:

umgah (illu) pranksters. their whole mo is to gently caress with people using space radios (messenger) and other poo poo.

mycon (bif) are space fungus, colonise planets through aggressive terraforming

yehat (tmor) yehat were allies in the first war, but when the war was pretty much lost, defected and joined the baddies. their spaceships are also called 'terminators' which could explain where a jugg kill came from last night.

other fuckos:

the orz (cube) are from another dimension and really hate the allilou (hence 3p bounty hunter)

main races missing

missing due to numbers / balance or someone above is a fake claim

illwrath. fanatical space spiders. baddies.

thraddash. tricky one, as they're baddies you can convince to defect if you want.

vux baddies. xenophobic. really hate humans.

ur-quan ultimate baddies.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

so i was totes wrong on tmor/ yehat, and fooled by TPCs fake claim.

i assumed there were no urquan in the game once bif flipped with the godfather like power.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

why zoya, why

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

it's better than the original bit i was going to do before you posted the crystal image! (pretend i was playing the "chinjesu", a proud noble lineage of bulky aliens with enormous chins that their entire culture revolves around)

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

shwinnebego posted:

Huh

I was just trying to draw heat off real powers by claiming after cubes flip. I never thought I actually avoided a kill.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Voodoofly posted:

Huh

I was just trying to draw heat off real powers by claiming after cubes flip. I never thought I actually avoided a kill.

Sorry for insisting you were 3P! I really liked your play as towny, just thought you were doing it cause you just love hunting scum so much.

Bif: I am kicking myself for not catching you being so self-conscious when I said I vibed you as town.

Beet is obviously town MVP for that shot, but I really liked zoya's play.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Voodoofly posted:

Huh

you were lit up night 1 - i think 4 people targeted you

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Pander posted:

Bif: I am kicking myself for not catching you being so self-conscious when I said I vibed you as town.

Self-conscious? I was very genuinely curious why you thought so was all :cheeky:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Bifauxnen posted:

Self-conscious? I was very genuinely curious why you thought so was all :cheeky:

Yeah but if you're town you project an air of knowing your town and the possibility that vibes exist. When you're scum you know the other person is wrong and can seize on an opportunity.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

shwinnebego posted:

Tracker would be most on flavor for them but there ain’t no tracker here

oops gave that away

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

This game is now free to play on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2645580/Free_Stars_The_UrQuan_Masters/

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

:captainpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි