Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The NFL trade deadline is October 31. Talk about the trades you want to see here.

Top trade candidates:

- Kirk Cousins

- Danielle Hunter

- Brian Burns

- Literally any Bronco

- Mecole Hardman

Here's a trade calculator that I cannot vouch for, but it goes off the Fitzgerald-Spielberger which is a good start

https://overthecap.com/trade-calculator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Kirk Cousins to the Falcons

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

epic bacon posted:

Kirk Cousins to the Falcons

absolutely needs to happen. perfect QB for Arthur Smith's system, recreate the 2019 Titans and go win the NFC South

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

If Baltimore makes a trade it will probably be on defense and I think pass rusher makes the most sense, so here are a few ideas:

Brian Burns to the Ravens 2024 2nd rounder

Danielle Hunter to the Ravens for a 2024 2nd rounder

Basically a retread of the Roquan Smith trade last year, simple as that

Brian Burns for Rashod Bateman and a 2024 4th 5th

This is one that just occurred to me and I don't even think I support it, but I'm throwing it out there anyway. Panthers need help for Bryce Young, and Rashod Bateman's main problem is that he's had injury problems, keeping him off the field for stretches and also keeping him from developing the kind of trust with Lamar Jackson that the Ravens had hoped. He's a slick route runner with good speed and still has two+ years left on his contract. He also seems to not be particularly happy in Baltimore right now and maybe a fresh start would be good.

I'm loathe to weaken the Ravens offense right now with the injury problems they've had, but I think they can absorb it. The main reason I'm proposing this one is that the Ravens are going to be in a tough cap situation for the next few years as Jackson's contract balloons and will need all the draft capital and cheap rookies they can get.

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Oct 13, 2023

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I cannot see a reality that has Brian Burns being traded for less than a first rounder.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

No Butt Stuff posted:

I cannot see a reality that has Brian Burns being traded for less than a first rounder.

He is a FA after the season, so I guess that would depend on if he's willing to sign an extension with the trading team.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

No Butt Stuff posted:

I think it would be very funny if the Bears traded their first this year for Burns.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

If that's how much he commands then godspeed but I don't think I want to give up a first rounder for a Burns rental.

Worth noting that Von Miller was traded to the Rams for a 2nd and 3rd.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

It feels like this is the 3rd year on the trade block for Brian Burns. At least second, and nobody was biting on whatever the gently caress Carolina was asking for a year ago.

The Broncos should be willing to trade anyone that will actually give them anything in a trade. Feels like they should be selling Surtain for anyone willing to give them a 1 plus an extra Day 2 pick or two.

Jeudy, Sutton, Simmons and maybe Bolles could get them a some day 3 picks. The goal really should be to stack up as much as they can to have enough currency to go all in for Caleb Williams.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I would like one (1) Patrick Surtain, please

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

LiquidFriend posted:

It feels like this is the 3rd year on the trade block for Brian Burns. At least second, and nobody was biting on whatever the gently caress Carolina was asking for a year ago.

I'm pretty sure the Rams offered 2 first round picks for Burns last year or the year before. But they were 2025 and 2026 picks and Carolina didn't want to wait that long for the picks. I think that's how it went down.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

wandler20 posted:

I'm pretty sure the Rams offered 2 first round picks for Burns last year or the year before. But they were 2025 and 2026 picks and Carolina didn't want to wait that long for the picks. I think that's how it went down.
Looking back and ahead all at the same time, the Panthers should have taken that offer.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

AndrewP posted:

The NFL trade deadline is October 31. Talk about the trades you want to see here.

Top trade candidates:

- Kirk Cousins

- Danielle Hunter

- Brian Burns

- Literally any Bronco

- Mecole Hardman

Here's a trade calculator that I cannot vouch for, but it goes off the Fitzgerald-Spielberger which is a good start

https://overthecap.com/trade-calculator

I can think of one bronco that’s definitely not getting traded.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

wandler20 posted:

If Carolina turned that down if only to end up trading Burns the following year for merely a second then heads need to roll.

It's ridiculous enough that they didn't have a deal with Burns done before the season started

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Broncos Country, you have no choice but to ride for at least one more season.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Shinji2015 posted:

If Carolina turned that down if only to end up trading Burns the following year for merely a second then heads need to roll.

It's ridiculous enough that they didn't have a deal with Burns done before the season started

they would have been waiting until the '25 draft to cash in on their first pick of that trade... I dunno, that's a lot to ask any GM who doesn't even know if he's going to have that job in '25. Maybe Tepper should have stepped in and said yeah we're doing it

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Belichick to the Giants.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I could see the Lions willing to give a 2nd for Surtain.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Surtain is probably worth at least 2 firsts. Elite corner who is under control for 2 more years after this one and pretty cheap next year. I'd be absolutely shocked if he got traded.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah, he’s got several cheap years too. He’s way too pricey imo and they’d be fools to let him go

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Agreed, and what it’s worth I think the Panthers should sign Burns long-term.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
While they would certainly benefit from a pass rusher, the Ravens defense is very good. It didn't make much sense to me to improve the defense marginally when the team badly needs their 2024 draft picks to stock up on the lines.

If any trade is contemplated by the Ravens it should be for a tackle or RB to bolster then against opponents' pass rush.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah, he’s got several cheap years too. He’s way too pricey imo and they’d be fools to let him go

Now, Justin Simmons....

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Now, Justin Simmons....

Simmons is really good, and getting old. Probably only has a couple years left in him. If someone gives us a decent pick for him, I'd be fine with trading him.
Don't trade away Surtain though.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a neat cape posted:

Now, Justin Simmons....

He’d be nasty next to Derwin

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Usually not a great idea to make your division rivals better.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shinji2015 posted:

What they didn’t take is irrelevant at this point. If they’re judging trade offers compared to that, they’re going to be disappointed. This was always going to happen when they didn’t prioritize locking him up after turning down two firsts. They made that bed; it’s time for them to sleep in it.

Name of the game is picks and the panthers need them. What’s difficult is there’s really no telling who’s going to be in charge of the panthers next season. Reich sounds like he’s about to put his head in a stove, and fitterer deserves to be fired for how the burns situation has planned out. Are they playing to win now? Are they rebuilding and need picks? Do they still think they’re competing (lol)? We’re at the whims of David Teppers wife Nicole (she has had input into personnel)

Brian burns - not an edge setter; has never been on a good team that used him correctly (Rivera benched him his rookie year because he punched the ground in frustration after missing a sack) and teams are able to just run right at him. But he can get to the qb, is young, and could be a cornerstone for a young defense needing a difference maker. A decent first gets this done but he’ll want a new contract.

Jeremy Chinn - runner up for roty. Then the coaches changed his position, coached all instinct out of him, and the current staff isn’t using him half the game. Absolute crime. Needs to be a WLB in a 4-3. Needs a change of scenery. Would love to see him with coaching that understands how to use him. Free agent after this season. I expect him to get moved and the next team will be getting a steal.

Donte jackson - bad contract, glass cannon on the field. Probably best served in the dime. You do not want this guy in a position to tackle a Rb. Still good speed. Swap of future sevenths gets this done, or panthers eat money and buy a 4th

Miles Sanders - weird but if a team suffers enough injuries, in the right system, he could be had. Just a useless player in Carolina. Again, swap future sevenths, or panthers eat money for a pick.

Andy Dalton - if the jets haven’t done it by now it’s probably not happening..

Terrace Marshall - flashed last year but a non entity this season. Didn’t even get on the field last week, possibly because reich forgot about him. Lazy route running that’s new this season. Replaced by Mingo as the SEC WR that I’ll be optimistic about. Make an offer.

I don’t think brown is available.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Who cares, Denver isn't competing

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

a neat cape posted:

Who cares, Denver isn't competing

Not this year, but giving the Chargers someone to pair next to James for the next few seasons could easily bite them in the rear end. Besides, Simmons' market is likely bigger than LAC alone. Why consider them as a partner at all?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

The Puppy Bowl posted:

We’re living in Madden hypothetical world right now

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Regardless I don't see the Broncos trading a good player to a division rival. How often do you see teams do that anyway? Has to be pretty rare. Or a massive overpay.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Hockensen last year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Not this year, but giving the Chargers someone to pair next to James for the next few seasons could easily bite them in the rear end. Besides, Simmons' market is likely bigger than LAC alone. Why consider them as a partner at all?

Oh I don't think they'd trade with us either. But if you refuse the best trade offer because it's an in-division trade when you're not gonna compete in the next 4-5 years anyway....

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

And of course there’s rumors that the eagles have reached out about Chinn. Roseman is circling the panthers carcass like a vulture. Wouldn’t be surprised if they pull off burns somehow.

Chinn in Philly would be fantastic. Just let him play near the line and make plays.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

Hockensen last year.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Also crazy that the Lions immediately drafted a new TE who has looked great.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

LiquidFriend posted:

Jeudy, Sutton, Simmons and maybe Bolles could get them a some day 3 picks. The goal really should be to stack up as much as they can to have enough currency to go all in for Caleb Williams.

Maybe this isn't the right thread but is there a price for whatever team is picking #1? The choice between Caleb and 3 #1 picks seems to be Caleb every time.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/sgellison/status/1712898729190043929#m

how about a three

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Saquon with the Ravens' strength and conditioning staff, might as well begin writing the obituary now.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
There's also the fact that playing RB next to Lamar requires some specific training or experience with mesh point work. Hard to get up to speed mid season with that stuff.

That said, I'd rather target Javonte Williams if he could be had for a 3rd round pick. Nice to have that extra cheap year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

And of course there’s rumors that the eagles have reached out about Chinn. Roseman is circling the panthers carcass like a vulture. Wouldn’t be surprised if they pull off burns somehow.

Chinn in Philly would be fantastic. Just let him play near the line and make plays.

loving every team making it far too easy for Roseman at this point