Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Who is trading for DHop and what will the compensation be?

Eagles, 2028 7th rounder and some homemade egg salad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
honestly with the Ravens my worry is depth, so yes go after an Adams if he's available, but I'd also look at the second tier of Jeudy/Sutton/Renfrow guys cause you don't need a gamebreaker - Lamar is that already - you just need guys still standing in December and January. hell, may as well check in on Henry.

if they send their first rounder to DC for Young they better also be getting a corner or a 4th coming back (unless he agrees to something absurd like a 3/63 extension)

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Baltimore is incredibly set at corner. You can never have too many good ones but they currently have Rock Ya Sin and Ronald Darby are playing like starters and getting zero snaps a game.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Eagles, 2028 7th rounder and some homemade egg salad.

I gotta think they'll at least include a bucket of chicken nuggies with that.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Baltimore is incredibly set at corner. You can never have too many good ones but they currently have Rock Ya Sin and Ronald Darby are playing like starters and getting zero snaps a game.

wasn't there a game a few weeks ago where like three of their starting DBs were out? maybe I’m misremembering

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Quiet Feet posted:

I gotta think they'll at least include a bucket of chicken nuggies with that.

They'll get a Wawa cheesesteak and they'll like it

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

indigi posted:

wasn't there a game a few weeks ago where like three of their starting DBs were out? maybe I’m misremembering

Humphrey’s the big one and he’s back.

I am fully in on the Derrick Henry to Baltimore. Partly because Keaton Mitchell is apparently hurt again, and partly because I just want to see that freight train wearing purple.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

is Derrick Henry even playing well this season? honest question, the only Titans game I watched was against the Ravens

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Henry is on a three year contract which costs about 5 million the next two years. I'm not 100% but it looks like he'd cost whatever team trades for him 8 million for the rest of this season. That seems too expensive for Baltimore.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I just like the idea of ramming him into tired defensive lines to close out games.

Another thought: Justin Houston for like a sixth or whatever. Rotational depth for the line

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Henry is on a three year contract which costs about 5 million the next two years. I'm not 100% but it looks like he'd cost whatever team trades for him 8 million for the rest of this season. That seems too expensive for Baltimore.

Well we're interested in him according to reports so it must be doable.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That might be in part to my reading his contract figures entirely wrong. Henry is a FA agent next season. The 24 and 25 money are void years, which I think stay with the team that wrote the contract.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That might be in part to my reading his contract figures entirely wrong. Henry is a FA agent next season. The 24 and 25 money are void years, which I think stay with the team that wrote the contract.

afaik it's 6.1~6.4m this season if they trade for him this week and 5.5~5.8m if next

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Oct 26, 2023

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Black Lighter posted:

They'll get a Wawa cheesesteak and they'll like it

No way, you can't go below a grimace shake.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Chris Godwin trying to get traded to the chiefs?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
They might be able to afford him, this year at least.

DeAndre Hopkins is another WR with a very low cap hit this year that balloons substantially.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Chiefs should try to get Hollywood Brown. I hope they don't, but they should.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Brown would be a really good compliment to Rice and Kelce. I think the Cardinals would have to eat a lot of his money to make it work though.

I'd be scared to trade for Derrick Henry for anything above a 5th round pick. Henry has defied the universal laws of RB wear and tear for years now. The bill has to come due at some point.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'd assume Henry (and Hopkins if he wants to stick around despite being underutilized) will stay barring some good offers, since they'll want offensive weapons to ease Levis into the offense. That won't stop the Titans from trading them after the season, especially if they want draft capital to go after a QB, but if you want them this season you'd probably have to overpay a bit.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I think Henry is a FA after this year.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Brown would be a really good compliment to Rice and Kelce. I think the Cardinals would have to eat a lot of his money to make it work though.

I'd be scared to trade for Derrick Henry for anything above a 5th round pick. Henry has defied the universal laws of RB wear and tear for years now. The bill has to come due at some point.

Why the gently caress would Arizona do this lol

They can tag him, extend him, etc, and Kansas City won't offer nearly enough to offset that.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Would you really not take a late 2nd for Hollywood Brown right now? I know he's playing alright but you aren't doing yourself any favors tagging him or paying him 20 million a year.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Imagine having to tackle lamar or Henry every down

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I actually think Hollywood brown would be a good fit for the Panthers, but I don't see them doing it unless it was some kind of package sending Chinn or something.

I also don't think the Rams are in the pass rusher market anymore. FWIW they were heavy in on Burns last year, but they also drafted the other B. Young in this years draft who even though is a 25 year old rookie is actually like 3rd in the NFL in pressures this year. I saw the stats on him last night and he's grading out well in both the rush and passing game. Sure another pass rusher wouldn't be unwelcome but they're not in absolute dire need like they were last year.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

How about the Rams' chill for a second and actually make some early draft picks for once.

They're better than expected this year and that's great, just ride it out and see how far you can exceed the low preseason expectations imo

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Would you really not take a late 2nd for Hollywood Brown right now? I know he's playing alright but you aren't doing yourself any favors tagging him or paying him 20 million a year.

I wouldn't, I understand the appeal but you won't get better trading good players under 30

Especially because they're going to cut bait from Kyler, and rookies develop better with a good WR.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

AndrewP posted:

How about the Rams' chill for a second and actually make some early draft picks for once.

They're better than expected this year and that's great, just ride it out and see how far you can exceed the low preseason expectations imo

Rams need to get the Deal Zone running, gently caress them picks

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The moment the Rams draft someone in the first round Les Snead will shriek and turn to ash.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

who's going to trade?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Cavauro posted:

who's going to trade?

I hope the Ravens do. But only for something that's a real upgrade. And without spending a first rounder.

I think a 2nd rounder and a late rounder is ok to spend to solidify a contending team.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I like that there have actually been some fun trades in recent years. There was a long while of nfl where nobody did nothing at da trade due date.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I like that there have actually been some fun trades in recent years. There was a long while of nfl where nobody did nothing at da trade due date.

Pushing back the date also helped

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Hizawk posted:

Pushing back the date also helped

also the rookie pay scale helped making a lot of contracts a lot more movable

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Bleacher Report saying Henry doesn't have a market which seems wild

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Bleacher Report saying Henry doesn't have a market which seems wild

He’s not under contract next year so you’d be giving up draft capital for half a season of an old RB who you’d also have to pay the remainder of his $10m salary.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Thought he still had another year, but it's 2 void years. Still doing 4ypc with that Titans team feels like you're sitting on anything resembling a playoff run with an ok line.

Just another sign of the rb market

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Nfl teams should do pick swaps like the nba

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Trading Henry only makes sense if they're gonna roll with Mayo boy the rest of the way, trade tanny when he's healthy and see whether you need to lean into a minor rebuild I would think though. Unless they really think henry is in his last year of effectiveness then you're just trying to find a sucker.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Browns can trade their… *checks list* ….uh 4th for Henry and get Jacoby Brissett. Next year Henry can be a free agent when we get Nick Chubb back.

Hopefully the bad man is injured rest of season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Some deadline news:

https://twitter.com/DonnieDruin/status/1718333191071932671

https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1718319330914443372

https://twitter.com/koestreicher34/status/1718326107529715761