Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
Pass interference should not be called on underthrown passes. That is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

I agree in concept but what is or isn't an underthrown ball becomes another judgement call refs have to make on top of what is PI.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The league desperately needs a gently caress it go deep guy

https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1718727149526626349

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Harlock posted:

The spirit of Rex Grossman lives on :unsmith:

Henry looked a lot better yesterday without Tannehill looking like dust in the wind in the backfield

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

What, receivers can't come back for the ball anymore?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Harlock posted:

Four tds but no interceptions? A risk averse coward!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

What, receivers can't come back for the ball anymore?

People bitch about DPI being called on underthrown balls but maybe the DBs should, like, I dunno, not just keep running forward without even looking for the ball?????

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Man I want to watch that Tennessee game. I like this kid already.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Harlock posted:

That is an amazing chart. Who even needs intermediate throws

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Alaois posted:

People bitch about DPI being called on underthrown balls but maybe the DBs should, like, I dunno, not just keep running forward without even looking for the ball?????

Playing DB is hard enough as it is; I think there's a legitimate case to be made that a WR shouldn't have the right to double back directly through where a defender is otherwise legally positioned to make a play on an errant pass

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1719060572484915346?t=k7suChDUh14fabukqDPPKA&s=19

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
That’s a bit shocking considering we paid a 3rd and 5th for him 3 years ago.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I don't love that deal simply because the Ravens have to play against Leonard Williams now, but otherwise that's a great move for NYG. Probably over paying if you're Seattle.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Harlock posted:

BRB putting mayonnaise in my coffee.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I’ll just assume he gets more interior pressure than his 1.5 sacks would indicate because that seems like a lot of draft capital to give up

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

xbilkis posted:

Playing DB is hard enough as it is; I think there's a legitimate case to be made that a WR shouldn't have the right to double back directly through where a defender is otherwise legally positioned to make a play on an errant pass

Except in this situation the DB never looked for the ball. If he had he could have slowed up and not run straight through the WR who was trying to get back to the ball.

PI is much worse when it's an overthrow out of the end zone that no receiver could possibly caught and gotten both feet in even if they were wide open.

Wilson was underthrowing all day, that penalty is 100% on the DB

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

AndrewP posted:

I’ll just assume he gets more interior pressure than his 1.5 sacks would indicate because that seems like a lot of draft capital to give up

That's how the hawks do

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

AndrewP posted:

And he does that playing next to this guy

https://x.com/pff/status/1719074190400139379?s=46&t=lHimM6yryXEjSbBJQkXOHg

Leonard Williams is a fine player and pff darling but he's definitely not "the guy" on any line and he doesn't have much of an impact playing next to an all pro

He can hold his own and not be a liability when surrounded by talent though so if you're all in on a season then he's a solid add

Fantastic return to get a 2nd for him though, now trade saquon and somehow find a taker for adoree

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Doltos posted:

I think using Eastern Michigan as an example instead of the powerhouse schools is a little :|
Unchecked capitalism is good because billionaires exist, non-billionaires just aren't doing it right

Anyway, KC/DEN wasn't actually a snow game despite the crew using leaf blowers to clear snow prior to the game and getting my hopes up and that makes me sad but at least the bonkos won

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Iodised QQ posted:

And he does that playing next to this guy

https://x.com/pff/status/1719074190400139379?s=46&t=lHimM6yryXEjSbBJQkXOHg

Leonard Williams is a fine player and pff darling but he's definitely not "the guy" on any line and he doesn't have much of an impact playing next to an all pro

He can hold his own and not be a liability when surrounded by talent though so if you're all in on a season then he's a solid add

Fantastic return to get a 2nd for him though, now trade saquon and somehow find a taker for adoree

Would Saquon sell for a 3rd? If so I think that would be something I would support for Baltimore.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Fifty Three posted:

Unchecked capitalism is good because billionaires exist, non-billionaires just aren't doing it right

Anyway, KC/DEN wasn't actually a snow game despite the crew using leaf blowers to clear snow prior to the game and getting my hopes up and that makes me sad but at least the bonkos won

If it snows on your field you should lose draft picks for clearing it :colbert:

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

I would think saquon would take at least a 2 to get but then again I thought there was no chance Leonard Williams would get more than a 4th so I have no clue what's going on

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Harlock posted:

3/10 for the Titans or the entire league?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The league. Lots of cover 2 shell out there, not so much DA BOMB

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Without looking it up I would bet the Titans see a lot less cover 2 than most teams.

The Ravens are a committed nickel defense but they played a lot of base against TEN and one safety stuff

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

He alone is worth 30% of the leagues cool passes this year because every defense doesn't want to get beat deep and every passing scheme now is the same intermediate/screen game system with the hopes people YAC it up.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

AndrewP posted:

Without looking it up I would bet the Titans see a lot less cover 2 than most teams.

The Ravens are a committed nickel defense but they played a lot of base against TEN and one safety stuff

Titans should absolutely be playing a run and shoot with Levis. They've got the guys to pull it off and make the NFL fun again.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

C-Euro posted:

"Is it just me or are there a lot more bad teams this year" is akin to "is it me, or are there a lot more injuries this year", but out of idle curiosity I looked it up and there are only two games this week between teams with winning records: JAX@PIT and CLE@SEA (CIN@SF half-counts since the Bengals are 3-3)

Has any stats nerd put work into charting how each season's worth of wins is distributed during each week of the season? Lotta teams hanging out in that 2 or 3 win zone right now.

Have some Excel:

On average after week 8, there are 19.7 teams around the middle of the pack with 3 to 5 wins. (This admittedly includes 5-2 with a bye week, but I'm not doing the math for that or ties.) We're at 21 right now, but it might turn into 20 if the Lions go to 6-2 tonight.

Maybe you have some recency bias? 2019, 2020, and 2021 were three of the four least middling years in the past decade (2015 being the other one); 2019 and 2021 had more 6+ game winners at this point than any year other than 2015, and 2019 and 2020 were 2/3 of the years for most trash teams, with 2015 showing up again.

Maybe the fact that we don't have an 8 game winner or 0 game winner to set the tone affects perception too.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Black Lighter posted:

If it snows on your field you should lose draft picks for clearing it :colbert:
:hai:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Sad to see him go but this is definitely a great sell high.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Please god no more

Amy Pole Her posted:

That piece of poo poo doesnt even have a degree in charity wtf does he think hes doing donating 1mm?

Anyway we can police instigators like this?

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Sono posted:

Have some Excel:

On average after week 8, there are 19.7 teams around the middle of the pack with 3 to 5 wins. (This admittedly includes 5-2 with a bye week, but I'm not doing the math for that or ties.) We're at 21 right now, but it might turn into 20 if the Lions go to 6-2 tonight.

Maybe you have some recency bias? 2019, 2020, and 2021 were three of the four least middling years in the past decade (2015 being the other one); 2019 and 2021 had more 6+ game winners at this point than any year other than 2015, and 2019 and 2020 were 2/3 of the years for most trash teams, with 2015 showing up again.

Maybe the fact that we don't have an 8 game winner or 0 game winner to set the tone affects perception too.

Is the asterisk for the Raiders because they beat the Steelers and were jobbed by the NFL?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens should trade negligible draft capital for a really good player

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

MrLogan posted:

Is the asterisk for the Raiders because they beat the Steelers and were jobbed by the NFL?

Raiders and Lions are yet to play.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Sono posted:

Have some Excel:

Thank you for running these numbers :)

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Doltos posted:

Sad to see him go but this is definitely a great sell high.

Anyway we can police instigators like this?

The gently caress is this poo poo? ACAB

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

MrLogan posted:

I had a data overflow error because the raiders actually have 11 ref-de-adjusted wins so far this year, but the spreadsheet only goes up to 8.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

sharknado slashfic posted:

The Ravens should trade negligible draft capital for a really good player

This guy. This guy gets it.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Sono posted:

I had a data overflow error because the raiders actually have 11 ref-de-adjusted wins so far this year, but the spreadsheet only goes up to 8.

That's fair.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
More trades for the trade god please

Black Sunshine posted:

The gently caress is this poo poo? ACAB

It belongs framed in the museum of irony

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Oct 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002