Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the new home promotion of Kazuchika Okada?
This poll is closed.
World Wrestling Entertainment 26 22.61%
All Elite Wrestling 51 44.35%
Total Nonstop Action Wrestling 17 14.78%
Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre 5 4.35%
The LA Dodgers 13 11.30%
Comedy Option: MLW 3 2.61%
Total: 115 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

https://x.com/njpwglobal/status/1748163432787202212?s=20

The era of The Rainmaker as the king of the mountain that is New Japan Pro Wrestling is at an end. The big question now, is where he will end up. Now naturally, WWE has a lot of deep pockets and they happen to have a PPV this month where they typically like to debut surprises. Could it be there?

https://x.com/TonyKhan/status/1748093781348347932?s=20

Internet sleuths who read between the lines know something seems to be up when TK makes boisterous tweets, and the timing of this one cannot be ignored. Is The Rainmaker to become All Elite?

Then we have another option, one nobody saw as a genuine possibility until his appearance on Impact tonight! Could TNA be the dark horse, the first home of Okada to now be his new one?

Or...will Okada be signing to play with the true greatest of all time?

https://x.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1748183293265084924?s=20

Where do YOU think he is ending up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i voted for wwe but i say aew.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

I am hopeful that with Kenny Omega sidelined, Tony Khan has decided to sign the only other wrestler to have a 7 star match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Voted for AEW but there should have been a New Japan option on the poll because it's legally binding and we could have made Okada have to stay.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Cavauro posted:

i voted for wwe but i say aew.
My heart and my best intentions tell me Okada is all elite, but the facts and evidence tell me he is not

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Poster Tony knows what he's doing, Okada is All Elite.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
AEW, ain’t no way Okada is passing up a chance to steal Nick’s clothes every week

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Voted for AEW, because that’s what should happen, but I have to admit, he’s already wrestled pretty much everyone there. Just think of the opponents he’d have in wwe. Roman, Seth, KO, Jinder, Miz, Dom, KING. That’d be fresh as gently caress.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
listen i'm not saying the pats need a qb BUT

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
once again the Dodgers are opening up the pretend future checkbook.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Sandman McMahon posted:

Voted for AEW, because that’s what should happen, but I have to admit, he’s already wrestled pretty much everyone there. Just think of the opponents he’d have in wwe. Roman, Seth, KO, Jinder, Miz, Dom, KING. That’d be fresh as gently caress.

Rainmaker vs Maverick, sponsored by Prime energy drink.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
everyone forgot about DPW

that's right Dodgers Pro Wrestling

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Dragon Gate

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
NWA

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
he needs to work on the basics. he is heading to ovw

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'll drop some relevant info I heard on a twitter space tonight from WrestlePurists.

They think AEW is his most likely landing spot, one thing in particular they noted was that when Okada worked Dynamite last year, they sent a message to someone in AEW asking why they didn't do something (they didn't exactly elaborate but the idea I got from the context was why AEW didn't have Okada and Omega interact in any capacity on that show) and AEW basically told them that they're saving it for later.

They also said Okada was meant to wrestle Claudio at World's End.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rumble

Let papa h cook

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Less jokingly why isn't it that Okada is jumping ship to another Japanese promotion? All Japan would go insane for him and the eyes he would bring to it.

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

I think tony is gonna stump up huge money and a favourable deal for the Needle Mover. With that said I think the first twelve months of an Okada WWE run would loving own so I don't mind either way

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lid posted:

Less jokingly why isn't it that Okada is jumping ship to another Japanese promotion? All Japan would go insane for him and the eyes he would bring to it.

None of them can afford him lol

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holy gently caress.

I think this is a money move for Kazu, so I kinda feel like he's going to WWE.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
iwa ms

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lid posted:

yes all japan, the very real and not collapsing promotion.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

He's gonna end up in my list of "great wrestlers" is where he's gonna end up!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also gonna say something very unpopular: Okada going to AEW wouldn't excite me at all. It wouldn't feel like much changing.

Do I think they'd use him well and do I think it's the most likely? Yeah. Do I think it's the most boring? Also yeah. Of course I'm mad we never got Mox/Okada at FD, sooooo...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

as an aside, regardless of where Okada goes, covid absolutely killed NJPW, it's tragic

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lid posted:

For the same reason Prestige aren't likely to sign Seth Rollins when his contract comes up

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

not reading any of your posts but i am going to say this

okada is going to ddt

1. he dosent like america (based)
2. he wants to go back to doing scooby dooby doo
3. cyberagent can afford him
4. it'd be really funny

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Kazuchika Okada is going to shock the world when he faces off against Victor Analog at the Valley Dale Ballroom for Unsanctioned Pro. He's going to slam someone through a door precariously propped up on two chairs and do a dive into a child in the crowd.

In seriousness, TNA is an interesting possibility. AEW is completely stacked right now, though with Danielson retiring and things shuffling around maybe it'll be good for him. He may make less money in TNA, but them getting a big name would be cool. WWE is not a very interesting option for many reasons though I do admit there's something hilarious about the very idea of Okada defeating Roman Reigns.

It's unusual timing! I'm struggling to picture where Okada fits on any roster but he'll be a huge pickup no matter what.

Okay I've decided. Okada go to DDT I want to see you wrestle MAO.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

ItohRespectArmy posted:

not reading any of your posts but i am going to say this

okada is going to ddt

1. he dosent like america (based)
2. he wants to go back to doing scooby dooby doo
3. cyberagent can afford him
4. it'd be really funny

:hai:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I can say that Okada is exclusively main eventing in 666 and you'll never know for sure if I was telling a lie

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
The new Black Taurus is oddly tall

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Okada is going to shock the sports entertainment industry by finally proving himself to the WWE Universe in the big leagues.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gorn Myson posted:

Okada is going to shock the sports entertainment industry by finally proving himself to the WWE Universe in the big leagues.

:pray:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I really really really don't see how WWE Okada would work and I mean that purely from an in ring perspective. Okada is Kings Road through and through and WWE builds off their weeklies whereas house show Okada just takes everything on break, like Nakamura before him. They need to give him time to work and patience and well the WWE style is not his fortè.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Hell in his AEW appearances Okada wasnt doing his best stuff either. Now the Danielson match wasn't his fault as that was just an unlucky injury but still. Contrast with Ospreay who from when he debuted in AEW as an NJPW guy made sure every single match he was in, even on Rampage, was the greatest match these fans had ever seen. Because Ospreay is insane and in 2018 before he really took off was wrestling every indie on earth and putting in four and a half star matches minimum in front of 20 people. Okada doesn't have that kind of work ethic. It's going to be interesting.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

saw steve maconidup on the podcast discord say that okada's agent was hired just to sort out and declare a winner in the bidding war more than anything else, and he's going to be making 22.5 million dollars over 5 years, with a performer option for the last year meaning it's up to him if the contract is 4/18 or extends the whole way. very smart move for him at this juncture in his life even if he has to be a little guy holding rear end cream or anything. he's apparently been making about 2.2 million per year previously, and that was the most njpw was willing to offer or likely able to offer. congratulations kazuchika and i hope you enjoy your retirement after this. btw gregg (used to be a big contributor on fourdown) said the same thing for what it's worth

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jan 19, 2024

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

vow slack just cofnrimed what stephen maconidup said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

as an aside, regardless of where Okada goes, covid absolutely killed NJPW, it's tragic