Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the new home promotion of Kazuchika Okada?
This poll is closed.
World Wrestling Entertainment 26 22.61%
All Elite Wrestling 51 44.35%
Total Nonstop Action Wrestling 17 14.78%
Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre 5 4.35%
The LA Dodgers 13 11.30%
Comedy Option: MLW 3 2.61%
Total: 115 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Why is this how you think he'd be used in AEW? Lol.

It's much better through the WWE system where the same 20 wrestlers have matches every week and invariably wind up tearing an acl throughout their career

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Okada to AEW confirmed

https://twitter.com/tanahashi1_100/status/1749431468093538361?s=20

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Why is this how you think he'd be used in AEW? Lol.

Ah, I'm sure this will be the signing they make that is different to all the others where everyone is very excited & then rapidly they become just a guy when Tony signs the new toy to play with.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

forkboy84 posted:

Ah, I'm sure this will be the signing they make that is different to all the others where everyone is very excited & then rapidly they become just a guy when Tony signs the new toy to play with.

The last New Japan main eventer they signed is on TV all the time, main evented a PPV, etc, etc.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Will Ospreay was signed and Tony hasn't used him at all since then, really dropping the ball.

I don't think Okada would be just-a-guy'd as hard as Jay White but it's definitely a concern I share. We can all wait and see but then we'd have nothing to talk about :)

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Ospreay can’t start until February

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

forkboy84 posted:

lmao

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

fart blood posted:

Ospreay can’t start until February

:thejoke:

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Even if they don't push him to the title picture, I would be pretty OK with an extended program where he goes around bullying Jay White. Just show up to ruin Jay White's matches/day/life with the biggest poo poo-eating grin he can muster, like a demon from his past.

Who is the funniest wrestler for him to do the condescending double-chest pat to? If WWE had won, I would have said "Gunther", (But also Reigns or Dom, but for different reasons) but for AEW........

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Veryslightlymad posted:

Even if they don't push him to the title picture, I would be pretty OK with an extended program where he goes around bullying Jay White. Just show up to ruin Jay White's matches/day/life with the biggest poo poo-eating grin he can muster, like a demon from his past.

Who is the funniest wrestler for him to do the condescending double-chest pat to? If WWE had won, I would have said "Gunther", (But also Reigns or Dom, but for different reasons) but for AEW........

Who, Okada or Ospreay?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Veryslightlymad posted:

Archer

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Gaz-L posted:

Who, Okada or Ospreay?

Okada. Ospreay can't credibly bully anyone.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Veryslightlymad posted:

Okada. Ospreay can't credibly bully anyone.

We have documenated proof suggesting otherwise.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Veryslightlymad posted:

We saw it with Danielson and it was great because Danielson is such a goddamn shithead. But the thought of him doing it to Takeshita and then getting immediately ROCKED by a Takeshita elbow has got me :doit:

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Okada is going to go to WWE and his first match will be against Seth Rollins and the match’s buildup will be Michael Cole and Corey Graves saying the match will be legendary every week and then the actual match will be Okada working at half speed while they talk about what a classic we are witnessing.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

fart blood posted:

Okada is going to go to WWE and his first match will be against Seth Rollins and the match’s buildup will be Michael Cole and Corey Graves saying the match will be legendary every week and then the actual match will be Okada working at half speed while they talk about what a classic we are witnessing.

Fortunately Seth FREAKING! Rollins (please use the name his mammy gave him) is incapable of not having a classic, even against dorks who just do high spots and don't know how to work to the hard cam

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Veryslightlymad posted:

Anyone remember the TEW thread where one team had repackaged versions of Okada and Finn Balor that were an improvisational Jazz band?

That was one of Rarity's. Kofi Kingston became a ninja

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Like if Okada does go to AEW I hope we get him feuding with the Lucha guys for a bit cause I klinda of want to see more of Lucha/Ultimo Okada

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

...holy poo poo, yes, if he goes to AEW that means we'll get Okada/Penta! I really want to see Okada/Penta

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Rumor mill now saying that Okada is contracted full time to Stardom

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

Veryslightlymad posted:

Anyone remember the TEW thread where one team had repackaged versions of Okada and Finn Balor that were an improvisational Jazz band?

that was shinsuke nakamura IIRC

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

wwe

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

My favorite part about if Okada signs with AEW will be people wondering why Okada isn't world champion a year from now when Tony has shown that he wants people who can wrestle and talk as his world champion.
(This is a lie. My favorite part will be all the loving baller matches)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

My favorite part about if Okada signs with AEW will be people wondering why Okada isn't world champion a year from now when Tony has shown that he wants people who can wrestle and talk as his world champion.
(This is a lie. My favorite part will be all the loving baller matches)

He'd get Callis as a mouthpiece. As long as his gut doesn't actually kill Kenny, the program writes itself. They've never done Okada/Omega in the States for a reason.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

You know what? That works. I don't love the idea of Takeshita being world champion because he himself has so little character that it would be feel like Callis as champion-by -proxy like the Luchasaurus/Christian TNT title reign but Okada can escape that just by reputation alone.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

He'd get Callis as a mouthpiece. As long as his gut doesn't actually kill Kenny, the program writes itself. They've never done Okada/Omega in the States for a reason.

The Bucks will bring him in to be their new Kenny, actually.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

You know what? That works. I don't love the idea of Takeshita being world champion because he himself has so little character that it would be feel like Callis as champion-by -proxy like the Luchasaurus/Christian TNT title reign but Okada can escape that just by reputation alone.

Just have Don cut the same promos Gedo used to do for him while Okada stands smugly behind him.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

If Okada goes to AEW he doesn’t need a manager, he needs a dad. Seems like the perfect role for Copeland.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Sandman McMahon posted:

If Okada goes to AEW he doesn’t need a manager, he needs a dad. Seems like the perfect role for Copeland.

What is the status of his dad? That is currently the most important thing to know about future TNT challengers

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

people!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Straight from f4wonline

Big Dave posted:

Updated information from sources very close to the Kazuchika Okada negotiations have denied that any deal with WWE has been agreed to.

Monthly Puroresu in Japan had reported that Okada was WWE bound, claiming NXT first, reporting it came it came from someone close to top talent in New Japan.

Those close to Okada had no knowledge of the situation. Okada had told a few friends this past week that he had not made a decision and those in WWE had not heard of any such deal.

AEW was believed to have been the favorite in getting him and another source close to the negotiations indicated they would dispute the Okada-to-WWE story as being completed.

It was also noted that it would be impossible for Okada to be in the Royal Rumble since his new Japan contract doesn't expire until 1/31, and he's working all the New Japan dates until the end of the month, and three more February dates before he would be starting anywhere.

Hes going to NXT Europe

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, if he's debuting at a pape, Revolution would be the more likely. Or it'd be the Raw after WM.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I don’t know, op

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Hog dippin' and headlining DPW Fire

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Okada is going to that woman's wrestling league in New York. He is going to do backstage interviews and drive a boat or something

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Okada is gonna end up at my place and we're gonna have a nice dinner and hold hands and maybe a lil smooch

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Okada is gonna end up at my place and we're gonna have a nice dinner and hold hands and maybe a lil smooch

What will you two have for dinner?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Imagine okada doing one of those stupid WWE legends dinners things with Kane and Godfather

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Okada is going to that woman's wrestling league in New York. He is going to do backstage interviews and drive a boat or something

sukeban x rainmaker ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Oh gently caress I just realised we're getting new Okada theme song