Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Dans Macabre posted:

Or it’s you. You’re the only one I haven’t cleared.

Did you clear beet?

In both cases, I guarantee you won't receive a "can kill" result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

Roleblock Zoya, no kills :thunk:

but, i was told my action was successful

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

doc'd dans, received another gunsmith oneshot i'll never use to throw into the pile

how the gently caress was it not opop? i really thought i'd solved the game i was SO smug about it in confessional when i put the pieces together

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh

idk what's going on.

hambeet? wologar?

Zoya got us good yesterday.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

waiting to hear from hambeet

Redirected self to zoya again.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

wologar posted:

Dans, why did you vote Opop?

I did because zoya’s case kinda had some legitimacy, especially the slip part. lol shwinney.

We had the numbers so I went with it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Dans Macabre posted:

Or it’s you. You’re the only one I haven’t cleared.

I don’t think so, because the isolate / roleblock thing from the previous night couldnt have happened if I didn’t redirect wologars isolate on me.

So I’m pretty sure it’s not wolo or afqm.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

thankfully the kill didn't go through so we're NOT in mexlo yet, but i regret to inform you that it is not me

self meta blah blah blah but all the dead scumbos had either no fakeclaims or dogshit fakeclaims, and my favorite part of playing scum is crafting stupid elaborate fakeclaims for my bros. would i have let them flail in the wind like that if i was in scumchat? especially with a brand new player on their first mafia game? i don't think kapkaf ever even claimed anything, so now that i'm thinking about it whichever one of you is scum should feel out-of-game ashamed of yourself about that

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

if wolo couldn't/didn't use his jail last night, and ham redirected himself to me, then... it just has to be AFQM, right? he tried to kill dans, my doc stopped the kill, and then he comes to the thread to claim he RB'd the kill to try and weasel his way into surviving an extra day

but, wolo happily jumping onto votes as soon as the day opens both today and yesterday, as a role that can supposedly only vote once, is also giving me extreme pause. it seems very convenient that if he votes twice he loses his night action, now that we're down to the wire and there's only 1 scum left and no tracker or watcher around

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
I won't move my vote except to self-hammer.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Zoya posted:

if wolo couldn't/didn't use his jail last night, and ham redirected himself to me, then... it just has to be AFQM, right? he tried to kill dans, my doc stopped the kill, and then he comes to the thread to claim he RB'd the kill to try and weasel his way into surviving an extra day

but, wolo happily jumping onto votes as soon as the day opens both today and yesterday, as a role that can supposedly only vote once, is also giving me extreme pause. it seems very convenient that if he votes twice he loses his night action, now that we're down to the wire and there's only 1 scum left and no tracker or watcher around

How would I have known that you were jailed the night before to claim my action failed?

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
What was it that cleared dans again?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yeah, wologar, afqm and I had an interaction the night before last that was kind of hard to fake.

Always slim outside chance one of us could have guessed it, but extremely unlikely.

So I don’t think I’ll ever vote any of them.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

What was it that cleared dans again?

Windwards death post by mod.

Windward said their power would cop someone’s geo flavour and it would confirm them as town.

She copped dans and I after we claimed in thread.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Alright then

##vote Zoya

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

This flip by Josef has it all

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

## vote zoya

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

:redhammer:

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

luckily, i'm execution proof like cube lol

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
With the last vote from Dans Macabre, Zoya was led to the courtyard to face her fate. A somber mood fell upon the Revolutionaries - something of a begrudging respect had been earned by Zoya's persistent attempts to elude capture.

Yet as she was asked to give a speech by the Revolutionaries, respecting her right to final words, she simply screamed:

quote:

INVEST IN BITCOIN
DOGECOIN TO THE MOON

As she was cut down, and revealed to be the final Counter-Revolutionary scum.

Zoya, aka ₿ Sam Bankman-Fried ₿ Counter-Revolutionary-Aligned Effective Altruist was executed Day 9!

quote:

You are ₿ Sam Bankman-Fried ₿ Counter-Revolutionary-Aligned Effective Altruist.

You are a genius that few can understand - your mastery of banking and the levers of capitalism were in fact so powerful, leftist and communist forces within society punished you for your success. Your efforts at spreading the new philosophy of Effective Altruism have fallen on deaf ears - but it is time to crush the competing ideologies and bring about the rise of a new libertarian, capitalist, technofuture in which the best will be able to thrive, reproduce, and transform society to their will.

You win when the Counter-Revolutionaries have uncontested control of the vote.

You have the following characteristics:

Polycule Connections: As a true grifter, shmoozer, and libertine, you have an easier time blending in with the people. You start in an unconfirmed masonry with a member of the Revolutionary-Aligned Non-Aligned Movement.

Effective Altruism: The invisible hand of the free market knows better than any and all - and it is through the gradual accumulation of the best ideas that the finest will be able to propagate and spread their superior ideas. Select two players to #Primitively Accumulate them, and with the free hand of the mods may bless you with a 1-shot copy of one of their night actions. This will count as visiting both players.

Hack the Mainframe: The internet is a beautiful thing, and your army of hackers stand ready to doxx and harass your enemies . Once per game, you may ##Disappear the crime scene, obscuring the flip of a player that is killed that night(alignment, name, and powers will NOT be visible). This will count as visiting the player in question.

With Zoya's death, the entire scum team is eliminated, resulting in a Revolutionary-aligned team victory! Congratulations!

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

i was so close i could taste it

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

lol.

Good misdirect yesterday zoya. A++ playing your wincon to the end.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

You’re welcome everyone

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

hambeet posted:

Zoya got us good yesterday.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
The remaining flips:

Cube

quote:

You are ☭ Vladimir Lenin ☭, Revolutionary-Aligned Marxist-Leninist.

What Marx dreamed you accomplished - and if your brain had not repeatedly exploded, you may have achieved even more. Yet, your impact on history is undeniable - you led the first successful communist revolution to fruition, creating the world's first true worker's state. Rejecting the anarchist impulse you instead favored a powerful state spearheaded by a revolutionary vanguard, ushering in a new era in world history. Threats to the revolution yet remained and your legacy has since been sundered by counter-revolutionaries and erstwhile comrades alike, but there is still time to save your remaining comrades.

You win when all threats to the Revolution have been eliminated.

Democratic Centralism: Bourgoise democracy is a mistake. Using the principles of Democratic Centralism, once per game as a public day action you can ##Vanguard the Revolution, forcing players to only be able to vote for two candidates of your choice that day.

Lenin's Mausoleum: Despite your own wishes, the people have been inspired by your example, embalming you for all of time. Upon your death, you will be turned into an unflipped stump for the rest of the game.

Male Pattern Baldness: Genetics, like Revolutions, can be cruel. You started balding at 19 years old. As such, you are immune to the effects of headwear items, negative or positive.

Tmor

quote:

You are 🏴 Peter Kropotkin 🏴 , Revolutionary-Aligned Anarchist.

As communism developed as an ideology, its first major divide grew between adherents of Marx and those who considered themselves "anarchists". Warning that the state would simply replace capital as a source of exploitation, you advocated for the immediate destruction of the state, while Marxists would temporarily utilize it to crush the bourgeoisie. While there would be movements in Ukraine, Spain, and elsewhere that would hoist the black flag of anarchy, it would ultimately be the "statists" you so despised who would provide the most well known examples of communism. You remain influential as an inspiration to punks and teens worldwide, as well as some of the most annoying online posters.

Mutual Aid: A key component of anarchist theory is that of mutual aid, being ever ready to assist your comrades in their times of need. Each night, you may ##Mutual Aid another player, blocking any killing action against them that night.

Legacy of Makhno: While you are loyal to the Revolution, the statists will always suspect your true leanings. You will show as Counter-Revolutionary in any investigations by your statist comrades.

Not My Dad: You're not my real dad! As a day action in thread, you may ##Confirm Paternity on a player voting for you, confirming whether or not they are your real dad. That player will not be able to vote for you that day.

Dans

quote:

You are ⚾ Fidel Castro ⚾ , Revolutionary-Aligned Orthodox Marxist.

As leader of Cuba, you have lead your people through many hardships, from attempted assassinations, to failed coups, to invasions, and a decades long blockade. While there are certainly more radical communists than yourself, your fusing of nationalism and third-world solidarity has proven enduring, even as many of your former comrades and their regimes have fallen. You are also known for your love of baseball, at which you and your people excel.

You have the following characteristics:

Solidarity Detachment: Solidarity is the most fundamental aspect of the revolution, and you are willing to spare what meager resources you have to spread the revolution and safeguard your friends. To do so, it is important to understand your friends' strengths and capabilities. Each night, you may ##Extend Solidarity to another player, offering your support and learning if they are capable of killing.

No One Will Believe You: Your isolation in Cuba has given you innate knowledge in the art of hunting capitalists. If you can get every living player in one day to say "who scum" in a post, with nothing else, it will be revealed to you how many Revolutionary aligned players were in the game at game start. Quotes and quoted posts do not count.

Beard of Champions: Your beard and overall charisma are undeniable. You posses a beauty level of 10.

Hambeet

quote:

You are 🌴 Subcomandante Marcos 🌴, Revolutionary-Aligned Zapatista.

The people of Southern Mexico have suffered since the Conquista, and the Mexican state's alignment with the United States under NAFTA was simply the last straw after centuries of humiliation and oppression. With the North American economy deepening the damages inflicted on Mexico by neoliberal policies, the people of the south needed a spokesman to help rally and explain their cause - a job you have more than excelled at. While some may be a bit ruffled by the fact that a light skinned, well spoken professor from the urban core has asserted himself as leader of an anti-imperialist movement, few within the EZLN movement itself have anything but praise for your actions.

Anti-Globalism: Even the powerful North American core cannot control you or your people. Once per night, you may ##Cambia a player of your choice, redirecting all actions against that player to another player of your choice.

Balaclavas: Few movements have better opsec than the EZLN - your night actions are inherently untracable (ninja). You wo]uld not dare act without these protections.

Legacy of Zapata: Once per game, you may as a public day action ##Challenge to a Moustache Competition, targetting another player. You will win by default if you post a portrait of Emiliano Zapata and his glorious mustache. The winner of the duel will be otherwise decided by the mod based on our esoteric moustache preferences, and be given a 'random' snippet from the losers' role PM.

Fancy

quote:

You are 💣 Ted Kaczynsky 💣, Revolutionary-Aligned Primitivist.

You are one of the greatest thinkers of a generation, but it is truly a shame that no one else can appreciate your genius. Do they not see how modern society has twisted human relations to the point of torture? The Industrial Revolution was one of the worst things to happen to humanity, and the only way to achieve anything close to an equitable society is to reverse its horrors. Your attempts to change the world through a combination of terrorism and intellectualism ultimately failed - but the information is there for all to see.

Mail Call: Each night you may ##Package a gift to another player, which will explode upon arrival, roleblocking them for the night.

Manifesto: Each night as an untracable free action, you can ##Mail an anonymous message to another player, and they will be able to send a single response.

Bad Hygeine: Living in the woods has its drawbacks. You instantly fail all beauty and charisma checks.

Wologar

quote:

You are 🇮🇩 Sukarno 🇮🇩 , Revolutionary-Aligned Non-Alignment Movement Leader.

While many Marxists were studying books and theory, you were studying the blade - and your war against the Japanese and Dutch are testaments to your skills and revolutionary credentials. Your experience led you to question some of the motives of world powers beyond just the capitalist United States, forming the Non-Aligned Movement to advance the interests of those nations too small, too poor, or too oppressed to speak for the subaltern. You would ultimately be thwarted by the capitalists for your temerity, but your legacy lives on.

Non-Aligned Movement: You recognize that in the chaos of combat, sometimes comrades can be caught in the crossfire. At night you may ##Isolate a player, making them immune to all night actions.

Dutch Disease: Your single minded focus against all invaders is admirable, but stubbornness can also be a fault. Once you cast a vote in any given day you may not change your vote or unvote until the next day (unless the player is removed as a voting option). Failure to adhere to this will cause you to lose your night action that night.

Impeccable Headwear: Your Songkok is iconic, and truly stylish. You begin the game with the Songkok item making you automatically pass all beauty and charisma checks.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Way to let Zoya kill me that you fools

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

what a game. thank u mods

zoya you did a hell of a job carrying us, sorry about that fuckin real world pestering me and not being able to take proper advantage of the claimwork you were doing

kaptainkaf well uh this was a game i hope you'll play more

dans u mf :argh:

whaddup shark

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Zoya posted:

i was so close i could taste it

Good job, you were really close.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Opopanax posted:

Way to let Zoya kill me that you fools

Blame shwinney!!! The slip kinda had some legitimacy as a case soz.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

So we really had no 3p huh

Great game mods thank you!!!

Foo: owned lol

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
Gg everyone, fun game!

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Great game everyone. Really well played near the end, Zoya. Claiming Mutual Aid as your action definitely helped.

Fun setup, Josef and Shwinn. Thanks for having me.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

good game everyone!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

hambeet posted:

fr fr. I had a few explanations but at that point it was going to look like flailing and I'd already figured that I was the best kill for the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

hambeet posted:

“Obamacare” had so much greater poetic resonance as a code word from a revolutionary catfishing as an IDF thirst trap tho