Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I saw the setup and was wrenched back to life, even knowing what i saw as an observer for those few moments, i still have no idea what's happening. How is this even legal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

I think there are a couple mods fighting it out.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

So Iggy, is it fair to say that you're competing with the other, hidden, mod?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

CapitalistPig posted:

I saw the setup and was wrenched back to life, even knowing what i saw as an observer for those few moments, i still have no idea what's happening. How is this even legal?

Bastard game!

There was a bit of an argument but I won my side of the coin toss, so I still live.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

wins32767 posted:

So Iggy, is it fair to say that you're competing with the other, hidden, mod?

Not exactly. They're observing, and may have effects on the game, but they're not playing directly.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

if Cube and TPC want to win with us, they should claim what they have, because that's probably what's holding anything up behind the scenes if something's happening.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
hmm i wasn't expecting any of these shenanigans but i guess cube got lucky baiting someone who secretly had a vig into killing him when that actually revives people?

CapitalistPig posted:

this is maybe the most bastard thing that's happened yet to be fair

i figure a friendship ending is much harder now because of the broken trust but maybe it's still possible ...? or at least for more of you?

lih
May 15, 2013

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Not exactly. They're observing, and may have effects on the game, but they're not playing directly.

ah so the co-mod died? cube, the info i (and others) had from meen last night is that the co-mod was scum-aligned. if you tell us the other scum players who died last night that should narrow it down mostly just for curiosity's sake

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Bastard game!

There was a bit of an argument but I won my side of the coin toss, so I still live.

hmm was something from our discussion potentially crossing the line but you convinced them it wasn't? they thought you spelled out too much to cube?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

The potentially out-of-line thing happened in my faction chat which now has MSRR and CPig in it. It's not important enough in the end to talk about here beyond acknowledging it happened.

lih
May 15, 2013

ah that makes sense. can msrr and cpig win with you now then?

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

I'm a spokesperson for a group that has control of the vote. Cube, TPC, claim your wincons please so we can wrap this up. I'd like to win with you both, but we can vote you out and kill at night so this will be over soon.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

wins32767 posted:

I'm a spokesperson for a group that has control of the vote. Cube, TPC, claim your wincons please so we can wrap this up. I'd like to win with you both, but we can vote you out and kill at night so this will be over soon.

Dear leader

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

lih posted:

Yep

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

lih posted:

I still have no loving idea, like honestly.

This game has truly transcended understanding.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

oh well, there you go

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Surely we can all win together, no one else has to (temporarily) die

lih
May 15, 2013

if meen and msrr are the same faction now it's sure weird that msrr is voting for meen

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I think he's just salty at me for last night. It's fine, I deserve it.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Meen is correct

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I've thought more and realized the game is winnable tonight if Cube and TPC don't want to cooperate, pending a little double-checking with my mason buds.

lih
May 15, 2013

if neither shows up to claim anything before the end of the day i would prefer to vote one of them out, probably cube given what happened last time he was shot

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I've confirmed what I was hoping to behind the scenes and yeah, this is utterly winnable tonight if Cube and TPC don't play ball.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
hmm hmm

hmm hm hmmmm

##vote TeaPartyCrasher

lih
May 15, 2013

hmm i would have leaned towards voting cube given that something unexpected happened when he was vigged but i don't know everything

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Here's where my brain is at: this whole setup, with the factions, the secret chats, and the 'not important' incidents, it's all part of a larger scheme. They're weaving a web, and we're just trying to find the spider, man. These guys, with their mason buds and their secretive faction chats, they're playing a game within a game. And you gotta wonder, what's the endgame?????

I mean, do I actually believe Iggy has mason partners? It's all smoke and mirrors, dude. And TammyHeh? Totally slipped my mind they were even in the game.

CubicalSucrose posted:

All I know for sure is "Toal visited oldCube N1."

I am hypothesizing the potential existence of an arsonist as ONE possibility for multi-kill nights. If Toal really is an arsonist, they probably aren't going to say "Yep, that's me, the arsonist, who was able to multi-target N1" or maybe they would say exactly that assuming that no one would believe them, Toal is kinda crafty.

I have not revealed everything that I know yet, to the thread, because it's early in the day and a ton of people haven't posted in forever.

But I'll start with a few pieces of info:

LIH masonized oldCube N1.
LIH claimed that they knew oldCube was SCUM-aligned but that didn't matter for LIH's wincon. This was phrased as something like a half-confirmed masonry (though that's not the only way that they could have such info).
LIH is Survivor-aligned.
LIH claimed to know that EGalz was SK-aligned.
LIH claimed to be able to give votes to other people.
LIH played along with the idea that they were able to masonize others.
LIH responded reasonably positively when I pointed out that Iggy was fishing for masonry overnight.

It seems to reason that LIH and Iggy are masons right now.

This dense fog of a post by Cube..They drop "All I know for sure is 'Toal visited oldCube N1.'" like it's some kind of bombshell, but then immediately dive into speculation about arsonists and multi-kill nights. Classic misdirection or genuinely onto something? The way they're hedging their bets with "ONE possibility" screams that they're building a narrative, layering it with just enough doubt.

##vote cube

lih
May 15, 2013

i think it's reasonably likely that cube (maybe tpc too, it seems plausible that they're aligned) believes that his wincon requires toal dead and was trying to fish for information there and see if there was any chance he could push for an execution. he maybe got some info out of it but he's not going to win that way if that's the case

most of the powers in this game have been from third-party roles from past games so does anyone remember a game where cube's weird 'revive two players when shot' power or something similar enough came from?

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Eh, I think at this point most of us are just ready to hop off Papa Iggy's Wild Ride. Not that this hasn't been fun, because it has! But all good chaos must come to an end.

##vote CubicalSucrose

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Eh, I think at this point most of us are just ready to hop off Papa Iggy's Wild Ride. Not that this hasn't been fun, because it has! But all good chaos must come to an end.

##vote CubicalSucrose

Et tu?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

wins32767 posted:

I need...a bunch of people dead to win. It's the BH wincon that Keats and Zoya were talking about.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the BH faction does not seem to have been as forthcoming with info nor as organized as the scum faction had been.

I don't think I need to be alive to win, but I also don't know that you actually can permanently get rid of me.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

lih posted:

ah so the co-mod died? cube, the info i (and others) had from meen last night is that the co-mod was scum-aligned. if you tell us the other scum players who died last night that should narrow it down mostly just for curiosity's sake

hmm was something from our discussion potentially crossing the line but you convinced them it wasn't? they thought you spelled out too much to cube?

MSRR had been scum. I don't know if they're scum now.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

CubicalSucrose posted:

MSRR had been scum. I don't know if they're scum now.

To the best of my knowledge, MSRR (now at least) is not a BH target.

lih
May 15, 2013

CubicalSucrose posted:

I need...a bunch of people dead to win. It's the BH wincon that Keats and Zoya were talking about.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the BH faction does not seem to have been as forthcoming with info nor as organized as the scum faction had been.

I don't think I need to be alive to win, but I also don't know that you actually can permanently get rid of me.

called it! that also explains why their setup spec seemed to be significantly lacking.

i really do not think you can win via the BH win condition but you may be able to join the cult and win that way. it's not up to me to explain how though (i don't have the full details). meen seems to think it can be arranged so the game ends tonight regardless and that seems at least plausible so people may just do that, it's out of my hands now.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

lih posted:

called it! that also explains why their setup spec seemed to be significantly lacking.

i really do not think you can win via the BH win condition but you may be able to join the cult and win that way. it's not up to me to explain how though (i don't have the full details). meen seems to think it can be arranged so the game ends tonight regardless and that seems at least plausible so people may just do that, it's out of my hands now.

Yeah I also don't think I can win with the BH wincon although CPig and MSRR showing up might help that? Also getting shot seemed a bit rude

I would rather win than not, and I am / have been up for trying to make that happen.

lih
May 15, 2013

i'm fine to execute one of you or tpc, and tell the other who to nightkill to join the cult (i honestly don't know who it is but that's how it's supposed to work). i would prefer not to no-exec to avoid things becoming drawn out through something i'm unaware of.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yeah okay whatever - ##vote cube

lih
May 15, 2013

sorry cube if they kill you it's out of my hands

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

CubicalSucrose posted:

Yeah I also don't think I can win with the BH wincon although CPig and MSRR showing up might help that? Also getting shot seemed a bit rude

I would rather win than not, and I am / have been up for trying to make that happen.

Do you have an NK?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

wins32767 posted:

Do you have an NK?

Looks like it. It is marginally different from the scum faction NK. It failed both nights.

lih
May 15, 2013

i'm assuming the idea is that everyone who can is going to join the cult tonight and that will be enough to cause the game to end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

CubicalSucrose posted:

Looks like it. It is marginally different from the scum faction NK. It failed both nights.

Ok, so we're talking through options, but if you try to kill a specific role in the cult you'll get recruited, so we can probably get you to share in the win tonight.