Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AR9Dqi3CVc

After 24 years, Curb Your Enthusiasm has ended. To kick off the final season, Larry David assaulted Elmo on live TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zITD_I1xKpE

e:

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Apr 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
One of the best sitcoms of all time. Hope for a corker of a final season.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Something I watched the other day, but might interest. Editor of CYE talking about the job in general, but does talk about Curb specifically too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1Mafk58zS0

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

I have had tough time finding a show my partner and I can enjoy together. For some reason knowing they liked Seinfeld I didn't make the connection until recently and this is the first show we've been able to sit through together. We're into season 4, which might be one of my favourites, and having a great time! Sad to see it's ending but grateful for the twelve seasons we got.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh my god, Irma singing the J.G. Wentworth song lol

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
i can tell this going to be a good season

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This big head joke feels recycled from that Seinfeld episode with the bad breaker upper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbQTwUnJoFc

e: Is that Sharlto Copley?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahaha, Larry made his mugshot look as much like Trump's as possible. Nice.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Lmfao

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Rageaholic posted:

This big head joke feels recycled from that Seinfeld episode with the bad breaker upper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbQTwUnJoFc

e: Is that Sharlto Copley?

Getting angry and yelling at Siri wasn't exactly original either.....but that didn't stop it from making me laugh out loud.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I absolutely lost it at the larry trump mugshot

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Tip in the toilet was amazing.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

the show is as long past its prime as larrys balls are in his panties but I don’t think I can get tired of how much genuine amusement larry exudes while riffing with leon. I thought the maria sofia plotline was by far the worst part of last season and I’m not living for her prominent use in this first episode but whatever, the show’s almost over, might as well see it past the finish line

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yah, some stuff is a bit sloppy and the setups are super obvious. I still like watching Larry gently caress up but it doesn’t seem as earned now.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
The Maria Sophia stuff isn’t really funny. It wasn’t last season, either. It’s made worse by the actress also being in the Regal Cinemas thing.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I wasn’t expecting the Maria Sofia stuff to continue on to this season. I thought they would have had the show get cancelled or something after season 1 or whatever as a throwaway and just move on from that.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Rageaholic posted:

Hahaha, Larry made his mugshot look as much like Trump's as possible. Nice.

"Have you noticed that when you take a picture, you don't look nearly as good as you do when you look in the mirror? Because the mirror is how you see yourself, and the photo is how you're seen."

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Pretty solid episode. The frequency with which we get 75-year-old rich liberal takes on current events in recent seasons wears on me, especially because the production schedule cannot remotely keep up with the pace of news (I forgot the Trump mugshot was even a thing before opening this thread), but it’s still the same old Curb. Maybe even overstuffed with things Larry wants to riff on with no real follow up (another thing that has really picked up in recent seasons). I always love when it’s clear something has been sitting the little notepad of his for a while, like “how long do you need to know someone before they can call you a nickname?”

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It was cool to see Leon’s aunt again.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Call JG Wentworth

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

good episode but not great. last season’s opener was the weakest of that season (though i do love albert brooks) so hopefully will follow a similar trend.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

maria sofia’s outfits kind of fall flat considering thats already Susie’s schtick. but i don’t dislike the character like some itt

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

No payoff/fallout at all from Leon taking a bite of the birthday cake?
Why even put it in there?

Sloppy.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

mcbexx posted:

Sloppy.

That's what I mean with late season episodes feeling overstuffed. I feel like Larry now feels the need to get every last funny idea he had out onto the screen for a quick gag if there's not the usual Curb setup and payoff. This episode had the cake, Siri not understanding him, taking the food from the sad waiter, the awkwardly long hotel walk (I thought it was gonna be a guy thirsting for tips and walking him to somewhere easy).

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Also they didn't show Larry talking to the guys kid or whatever.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

mcbexx posted:

Sloppy.

Yeah, I feel like they had to have filmed one that they later edited out. Which is not at all like this show.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Agree on it felt like it was missing parts of the story. And it isn't like the episode was that long at 35 minutes, they've run into the 40s in recent seasons.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Good Lord this show rules. Larry is the king (take that Larry King)

I'm on season 9, got big into the show in the past couple years, maybe I'll catch up before it's over! Looks like I've got two months.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I didn’t feel like the cake thing needed a payoff. Just a funny little aside from Leon.

The long walk through the hotel was weird though. Seemed like a setup to a joke that never came

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

A "phone voice recognition does not work perfectly" bit and a butt-dial bit? Ok, at least the second one had some pay-off...

I'll keep watching but this episode did almost nothing for me, mostly a lot of eye rolls.

I will not however get tired of Leon and his rear end-tapping jokes.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I forgot how much of an rear end in a top hat Susie is in Palestinian Chicken.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Is it just me or was there a weird amount of product placement in this episode?

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

a bit of an incoherent episode compared to earlier seasons, but it still made me chuckle

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

kiminewt posted:

Is it just me or was there a weird amount of product placement in this episode?

Not sure how much Apple appreciates one of their signature features being shown to be terrible. Other than that I only remember a prominent Delta sign, which makes sense since they were flying to Atlanta.

Vimto
Sep 11, 2001
Manchester City F.C
Jeff and Susie are doing a podcast retrospective fyi.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I’ve listened to the first couple and they are…not good at podcasting. But I like the idea.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

4:3 SD curb (s1-s6) is a much more consistently funny show than 16:9 HD curb (s7-s12) but there are a few banger outliers like mister softee, palestinian chicken, and happy new year. actually s7 is pretty good overall by dint of being the seinfeld season but its pretty diminishing returns beyond that point imo

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Palestinian chicken is the best episode of the series and everybody knows it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

panko posted:

4:3 SD curb (s1-s6) is a much more consistently funny show than 16:9 HD curb (s7-s12) but there are a few banger outliers like mister softee, palestinian chicken, and happy new year. actually s7 is pretty good overall by dint of being the seinfeld season but its pretty diminishing returns beyond that point imo

Yeah, I’d agree with this along with the ones with Michael J Fox. Season 9 to now have been funny but not nearly as memorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

mcmagic posted:

I forgot how much of an rear end in a top hat Susie is in Palestinian Chicken.
oh? but she’s usually so pleasant