Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It was cool to see Leon’s aunt again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

panko posted:

4:3 SD curb (s1-s6) is a much more consistently funny show than 16:9 HD curb (s7-s12) but there are a few banger outliers like mister softee, palestinian chicken, and happy new year. actually s7 is pretty good overall by dint of being the seinfeld season but its pretty diminishing returns beyond that point imo

Yeah, I’d agree with this along with the ones with Michael J Fox. Season 9 to now have been funny but not nearly as memorable.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’d be pretty pissed even if Larry David left me $10 neatly on a pillow.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ChesterJT posted:

I hope it doesn't go on all season. It's been a good one but I could do without another show full of Trump references.

Better than last weeks but agree. Those kind of jokes got old years ago.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’ll be surprised if it doesn’t end with him dead.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That felt like classic season 1-6 Curb. Great one.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Feb 20, 2024

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ChesterJT posted:

And it wasn't even funny then. I think that's why it's so glaring. The Stacey Abrams/Trump/Giuliani stuff, it's all so low-hanging and pandering. Larry has shown he still has the chops to be hilarious without resorting to that. More hitting deaf oscar winners with golf balls please.

I rolled my eyes at the MSNBC guy saying they love you on the network.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sad. Glad he got to be in the final season.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I think I’ve only seen him in Robin Hood Men in Tights other than Curb and constantly be referenced by other comedians. He seemed like one of those comedian’s comedians.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://x.com/i_zzzzzz/status/1763085287242998105?s=46&t=zpYUUMLitkL1LQfCkNP_qA

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Is he really going to end the show in a trial again.:lol:

I wouldn’t be opposed to the idea if they bring back various side characters in a similar way.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

They really put it up? I thought it was bad cg in the episode.:lol:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

rear end in a top hat Conan was pretty funny, I wish he was in it more.

Was Steve Buscemi on Curb before? I feel like I saw him on an older season.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Does the TV show "Friday's" exist in this world?

And is Larry David basically retiring after this? I figure he has the juice to go to any network and get near any project greenlit.

I saw him on an interview and he said he’s not retiring.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fast Luck posted:

My recollection of seinfeld days is people for the most part didn't reallly knew who he was but then you'd have some wise folks saying like "Oh it was better during the Larry David years," and I think the fact that this mythical Larry David came back for the finale was also pretty widely known. So I think without Curb he wouldn't be that famous, especially decades on from Seinfeld, but with the other projects he's done in Curb world I guess he'd be back out there, Young Larry specifically as people have said. i can't remember what he was up to in a lot of the other seasons... he had the play but I don't think that'd really put him on the pop culture map...

Anyway I really liked that episode, I thought it was vintage Curb/Seinfeld with a bunch of plots colliding at the end.

I was a kid for the finale but I remember knowing somehow that it would be an extra big deal since original creator Larry David was coming back for it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Pretty good. I can’t believe it’s actually ending next week.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Hopefully it looks better than Seinfeld on Netflix, which looks like absolute dogshit with that grainy rear end upscale they did.

Cropping also really sucks.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I think 4 or 5 was my first season. I wanted to watch it earlier since I was always a huge Seinfeld fan but I didn’t have access to HBO.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

He did it again.:lol:

Leon finally watching Seinfeld and giving his feedback was great.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I was expecting that too but I did like that final shot of all of them bickering.

Weird that Vince Vaughn wasn’t in it.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Apr 8, 2024

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://x.com/deanjnorris/status/1777124473671733728?s=46&t=zpYUUMLitkL1LQfCkNP_qA

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Larry clearly having MSNBC blasting in his house 24/7 since the election definitely means the last two seasons won't have the timeless quality of the other ten.

Everything related to Trump and that stuff was the low point for sure. I forgot that Colonel Vindman guy was actually a real guy.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Professor Wayne posted:

I 100% believe Larry got talked out of having his character shot at the end.

I get that feeling too. Larry probably wanted a much darker ending.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Not everything. I thought Larry wearing around a MAGA hat so that people would leave him alone was a great bit.

I forgot about that one. Okay, I agree that was a good one.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rageaholic posted:

It's funny how Cheryl Hines is pouring her heart out to Larry and he's just trying to shuffle off the set lmao

:smith:

He looked like he was starting to get a little emotional so he had to get the hell out of there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jose Oquendo posted:

What the gently caress am I supposed to watch on HBO now?

This all over again from the beginning.