Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Hamlin will just have to live with the consolation prize of not being dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m more upset your arguing Hamlin should be executed on the field for not coming back hard enough.

hosed up if you ask me

Haha

I get sensitive when bengals games are interrupted 😡

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Let's talk about charts instead

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The pages of arguing about the dumb vibes award runs together. Being obnoxious doesn't help you stand out from the crowd either.

Your the one being really obnoxious here so I don’t know why you are going this route

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The pages of arguing about the dumb vibes award runs together. Being obnoxious doesn't help you stand out from the crowd either.

Nice meltdown. Sounds like discussion boards aren’t your thing.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

somehow the panthers come off looking the worst in all of this

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
A solid argument could be made that the MVP voting order should be reversed and that the reverse order is more deserving.

Lamar had the lowest TD output by an MVP winner since...a long time ago.
Brock had the 2nd highest y/a ever. Also there were 4 other years that were comparable to his, all 4 won the MVP.
And Josh Allen had the most combined TDs in the league.
Dak Prescott was better than Lamar this year. But #2? LOLOLOLOL. And CMC 3rd makes sense either way.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Feb 10, 2024

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Black Sunshine posted:

If I have a heart attack at work they're not going to give me an award for not dying and eventually coming back to work so I can make money.
In a previous career life, I watched a guy have a heart attack on the job and to show concern for his well-being, they wrote him up for leaving work without clocking out.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

LiquidFriend posted:

In a previous career life, I watched a guy have a heart attack on the job and to show concern for his well-being, they wrote him up for leaving work without clocking out.

What

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

:911:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Unauthorized heart attacks are a serious issue for a productive and harmonious workplace. With great thoughtfulness and effort, management supplied forms that employees can fill out to request time off for heart attacks, with at least two weeks prior notice*. The employee of note damaged the morale of his coworkers, and caused untold problems for scheduling and project throughput, all because of their selfish need to have a sudden heart attack.

*time off will be granted at management's discretion, filling out the proper form does not guarantee requested time off.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ort posted:

Not sure Damar is getting enough credit for overcoming the mental challenge of going back on the field to do something that literally killed him. Ah, medicine physically allowed him to play, but overcoming that mental challenge is a greater feat than even Alex Smith’s recovery. Not arguing his impact on the team though.

The doctors tried to convince Smith to let them amputate his leg because the infection was so bad they were concerned it would kill him. I think he faced some pretty serious mental challenges returning to football and I don’t think there’s any point in trying to decide which was greater.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
^^^^^ hell yes

LiquidFriend posted:

Are we sure that the NFL didn't withhold his game check when he almost died and fine him for daring to interrupt the game?

But yeah, America is pretty hosed up in a lot of ways. That's unchecked capitalism though and we're taught to worship that concept from birth.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/dellyfromdablok/status/1756182337946026422

lol she is not far off

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
when you think about it Tee Higgins had to come back from thinking he did murdering someone. or I guess technically manslaughtering someone. still he killed a man. and he was back on the field the next week. he should of won last year's award

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I am drinking an ice cold beer

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

indigi posted:

when you think about it Tee Higgins had to come back from thinking he did murdering someone. or I guess technically manslaughtering someone. still he killed a man. and he was back on the field the next week. he should of won last year's award

Do you know how many contenders we'd have if every year we threw in every football player that killed someone?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Mega64 posted:

These football charts are making less and less sense.

To be fair, these are making way more sense than random-rear end axis and helmets littered in random spots.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

I would have followed you, my brother.... my captain..... my king

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Like usual...the Ravens can't just have something. :D

Actually wait we might just have it here

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The most balanced of Super Bowl teams.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Yepppppp. The day I walked away from Logistics was one of the happiest days in my life.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Pron on VHS posted:

Because it’s fun to argue about sports. Why else do we post here?

To argue about whose posting is worse it's Shinjobi

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Roasted Donut posted:

AB did abandon an additional return TD in order to kick the Browns punter in the face

That was multiverse AB coming back in time to even the score for Myles Garret winning DPOY while trailing TJ in every statistical category except double team win rate, which somehow yielded 5 less sacks

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

That Broncos SB50 team could turn any opposing offense into a down and dirty slugfest. I'm not at all surprised the offense itself compares so badly either :laffo:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://www.instagram.com/champagnepapi/p/C3LsP3HOHRQ/

Feeling good about the 49ers chances.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Wouldn't be surprised if insurance rejected the claim due to no pre-approval.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Parallax posted:

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Defensive mastermind Dan Quinn better hope he can get shanahan as an OC again

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

indigi posted:

e: it's really funny that he closed out his career with back to back Postseason DNP rings

That’s gonna be a very tough trivia question in a decade or so

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
We're holding a Weird Super Bowl prop bets contest.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSds9SiKu4YE2yN_Kc6aHen3MOx9-b-QSz2BtR06GLLUKIPbkQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

FREE to play, winner gets this $25 Dominos gift card I don't want

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Miami baby what is you doin

https://x.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1756702437866455512?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hope that happens so ppl have to resort to laughing at the second highest paid qb not playing again

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Parallax posted:

They also named the ambulance after him.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Parallax posted:

Also having a much bigger name than he would have otherwise, and the opportunity to leverage that once his playing days are done.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Whoa! I think the Eagles should take [PLAYER] or [DRAFT PICK] so Reddick can come to [TEAM].

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1756725202254508076

Mega64
May 23, 2008

What if he wants to play with Gannon in Arizona

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mega64 posted:

What if he wants to play with Gannon in Arizona

Did he leave there on good terms?

The real interesting move would be going to San Fran to work with Wilkes again. They crossed paths in Arizona.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Who's making the GDT?