Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
jelinsky for next all stars season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Haven't watched yet.

Liz: Poison
Moriah: Pony

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

CJacobs posted:

jelinsky for next all stars season
New Theme Idea:
Survivor: DREWS VS JELINSKYS

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That was a wild first episode.

The advantage getting found day one was rad and it's cool that they require you to do riskier stuff now.
I really liked the challenge, the way it required all of them to cooperate, and especially Jeff's emphasis on how huge the cute gecko was. Dude was just enamored with LIZARD BIG. Jeff caught Soda's great lame joke too :3:. My dad was chanting for Jelinsky to break the puzzle in anger like everything else he failed at.
At tribal it was really not surprising to see Jelinsky go home. Not even for comedy value would I keep that dude. RIP the MASTER LEGEND of SURVIVING.

There is not anybody I dislike yet this season besides that weirdo who won't shut up about getting the wimmin out! Hopefully the women own his lame rear end.

Great stuff so far. Favorite cast member we met tonight? Mine is definitely Q.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Feb 29, 2024

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Really liked getting to know Tevin

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
That was a really good first episode. I feel like I like 3-4 people already and I usually need half a season to warm up to a cast.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Jelinski seems pretty cool... Oh nevermind, the fucker put me in last place in the fantasy league.

Tevin, Soda, Bhanu seem like pretty decent people. Although I imagine it'd be hell sharing the camp with Soda in her full on summer camp vibes.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Good premiere, loving that CBS is running with the longer episodes now.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Jelinski seems pretty cool... Oh nevermind, the fucker put me in last place in the fantasy league.

Tevin, Soda, Bhanu seem like pretty decent people. Although I imagine it'd be hell sharing the camp with Soda in her full on summer camp vibes.

I really enjoyed that castaways normally try to hide that they're lawyers, but Hunter was more concerned about hiding his own camp background for fear of being made to sing

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Jelinski is a hall of fame dipshit.

Also I want one of those geckos.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

Teek posted:

Good premiere, loving that CBS is running with the longer episodes now.

Not confident that they will, but I wish they'd stick with this after this season

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

My "the purple team look like they should own at challenges" strategy for the first episode sure didn't pay off lmao

I think I would have screamed if they didn't vote Jelinsky out so I am glad they did

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Jeff was trying his hardest to swing the vote the other way but also couldn’t resist dunking on Jelinsky either

I think this is the only time, other than Sean last season, where a man has been voted out so early in the new era.

https://twitter.com/amikebloomtype/status/1763036196463079495

mp5 fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Feb 29, 2024

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

interesting that in addtion to quitting a bunch of stuff he's also apparently accused of blabbing too much

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
"last I checked, several means 7, not four"

What the gently caress is he thinking? I guess several and seven share the first four letters, but I thought everyone understood that couple is 2, a few is 3, and several is more than 3 - the minimum being 4.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Thought this started next month.

Pony: International brand mentor Jemila
Poison: Parent coach Maria

Will re-roll w/ Slot Machine salesman if Jemila lost already

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Will re-roll w/ Slot Machine salesman if Jemila lost already

good call

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Khanstant posted:

"last I checked, several means 7, not four"

What the gently caress is he thinking? I guess several and seven share the first four letters, but I thought everyone understood that couple is 2, a few is 3, and several is more than 3 - the minimum being 4.

I was laughing extremely hard at that, really established that he was a full idiot.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

njsykora posted:

I was laughing extremely hard at that, really established that he was a full idiot.

It was incredible. His full denial at constantly giving up was mind blowing too. I'm honestly surprised nobody called him out for giving up on the puzzle in the challenge too.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"Alright, I'll admit it, Q and I gave up." Big ol emphasis on how we screwed up. I loved him, he was terrible.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
He's insisting in exit interviews that Q brought up the idea of quitting to pin it on him and that they took him out because he was too big of a threat.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

njsykora posted:

i paused after that and forgot and just started it up again and now he's a reward hog who is acting like h is the only one playing the game.... after literally giving up 30 minutes in to a critically important first trial while still relatively full and energized, because he never did 30 minutes of physical activity in his life before.

edit: and as i post he immediately gives up on playing hard by trying to be tricky. If he has a chance to go home this episode and his tribe does not vote him out, I predict nobody in that tribe will win the game.

edit: ahahaha "listen to what jeff always says, ya gotta dig deep! Hello!?!"

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Mar 1, 2024

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

mp5 posted:

good call
I loved him!
Cackled at the hourglass smash.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
This guy is the perfect first episode dunce. These editors have fantastic comedic timing with him.

I like Q. Lead the charge, Bhanu is too nice and easily swayed by that Jelly confidence. Jelinsky reminds me of Jon Hamm's character from 30 Rock, in terms of complete obliviousness to own obvious inability.

obliriovrons posted:

He's insisting in exit interviews that Q brought up the idea of quitting to pin it on him and that they took him out because he was too big of a threat.

Even if Q did suggest it, it would've been because his partner was already sitting down and whining 15 minutes in. Q can't do it alone and we did see a snippet of him already trying to carry Jelinsky and offer moral support.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 1, 2024

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I was convinced Jess was going until Jeff read that third vote so I was catastrophizing this whole season. It's satisfying seeing a real loser flame out this fast.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I'm on the Bhanu train right now, he gives incredible facial expressions. Not quite as extreme as Caroline, but he definitely cannot hide his emotions.

I'm also digging Tevin, Kenzie, and Q.

It took me a second to place why Charlie looks familiar, then I realized he looks just like the Senate twink.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bhanu was awesome i hope we get more confs from him

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I loved him!
Cackled at the hourglass smash.

"you break it, you're outta the challenge!!!!!"

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Nihonniboku posted:

I'm on the Bhanu train right now, he gives incredible facial expressions. Not quite as extreme as Caroline, but he definitely cannot hide his emotions.

I'm also digging Tevin, Kenzie, and Q.

It took me a second to place why Charlie looks familiar, then I realized he looks just like the Senate twink.

lmao, that'd be some incredible stuntcasting

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

mp5 posted:

And now there’s all that broken glass in the sand, like cmon man

yeah that really bugged me. what a bozo

Rick posted:

That was a really good first episode. I feel like I like 3-4 people already and I usually need half a season to warm up to a cast.
:same: although I do feel sorry for the introverted guy who is surrounded by hyper people

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

THIS GUY HAS A POOPY BOOM BOOM

HE NOT WARSHING HE HOLES LOL
So many crazy eyes 👀 this episode.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Finally got around to watching premiere and loving chefs kiss to the editors burying Jelinski the whole episode. What a clown that guy was, so glad to see him go.

Kind of disappointing that tribe looks like such a mess though because Q and Tiffany and Kenzie all rule. Gonna need them to survive this disaster tribe.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Poor Jess. I don't think she's gonna make the merge but I really like her, enough so that it's making me like Kenzie and Tiffany less for not including her.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

It sounds like she just can't communicate :smith:

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

May the sacred flame guide me... Or something like that.
Really hoping Jess finds her footing (and sleep!!) at some point, really like her as well. So far I think Hunter and Tevin are probably the people I enjoy watching the most but it's cool having a decent sense of everyone in the game so far. The only person I'm just kind of going who??? on is Ben who I don't think has? gotten much to say?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I have adult ADHD and really felt her upset in that scene where Jess couldn't remember which was her stuff

Unlike with a few other contestants who've lacked necessary medicine, you can manage ADD/HD without. But it does take adjustment. I believe in her.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 1, 2024

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Polderjoch posted:

Really hoping Jess finds her footing (and sleep!!) at some point, really like her as well. So far I think Hunter and Tevin are probably the people I enjoy watching the most but it's cool having a decent sense of everyone in the game so far. The only person I'm just kind of going who??? on is Ben who I don't think has? gotten much to say?

i thought i was going to hate ben but hes completely fine

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Was Tim the Parvati light guy? he sucks imo

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
She seems like she's a lot of fun normally, like compare her on the beach to her intro. However I feel that personality only gets to come out when she has her balance and feels comfortable. Being sleep deprived and off medicine is probably the biggest wrench she can have in her system. I don't have insurance so I haven't had ADD medicine in over a decade but I manage well enough in my way... Right up until something weird happens and knocks me out of line and it's a wobbly scramble to get back on the general path -- and that's with helpful folks in my life likely trying to remove stress rather than add pressure.

Really hoping she survives the early game and gets to come out of the shell a bit. The next episode previews made it seem like a few other people were already cracking, so maybe the focus will shift to one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

if jess makes it past one more tribal i think she'll be alright