Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I hope that a unanimous vote against somebody who wasn't her will let Jess at least sleep for a night. That'll go a long way (as would winning immunity in the next ep). Thinking about Aubry having an early meltdown in her original season, but then getting a little bit of a buffer and taking it a long way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Studio posted:

Was Tim the Parvati light guy? he sucks imo
I think Rando was Parvati-lite and Tim was the one saying "we need a guys alliance" to Charlie.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://www.reddit.com/r/survivor/comments/1b42p99/survivor_46s_david_jelinsky_used_to_play_orgs/

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Really liked getting to know Tevin

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Jelinsky is the kind of guy I wouldn't trust to not drown in the rain. Holy poo poo, I've worked with guys like him who think they do hard work and are amazing and you feel gaslit that they think that.

It really upset me for people to want to keep him instead of Jess, back to back to back gently caress ups and it took tribal where he again, hosed himself for him to get a unanimous vote. Jess, win this whole thing out of pure spite, please.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Diabetic posted:

Jelinsky is the kind of guy I wouldn't trust to not drown in the rain. Holy poo poo, I've worked with guys like him who think they do hard work and are amazing and you feel gaslit that they think that.

It really upset me for people to want to keep him instead of Jess, back to back to back gently caress ups and it took tribal where he again, hosed himself for him to get a unanimous vote. Jess, win this whole thing out of pure spite, please.

If Jess can survive the next 2-3 votes she'll probably do fairly well in the end. It feels like she's got the foundation for a great "coming out of the shell" growth arc to her character that isn't resolved yet.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Fast Luck posted:

I think Rando was Parvati-lite and Tim was the one saying "we need a guys alliance" to Charlie.

oh yup, that's the one. hope he gets owned 😌

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Diabetic posted:

It was frightening how some folks totally just bought into his projected bubble of alternate reality where he constitutionally cannot do wrong. Part of why he immediately gives up in the sweat challenge is he truly believes he has a permanent loyal ally in Q, simultaneous to Q understanding this guy is a hopeless quitter who will drag the whole ship down and is not worth keeping around for ally reasons.

Even when everyone left without him and Jess, if it weren't for Q who knew what was up immediately, they would've voted Jess and let him bumble on forward for who knows how long.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Based on what we were shown - and it’s never enough to make an actual informed decision - I kinda agreed with the quit on Sweat. It looked next to impossible. You can’t ever quit that task though, you have to go all the way to the end

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Poque posted:

Based on what we were shown - and it’s never enough to make an actual informed decision - I kinda agreed with the quit on Sweat. It looked next to impossible. You can’t ever quit that task though, you have to go all the way to the end

It would have been difficult without the holes in the bucket. Sitting on my couch I wondered if they could have made some mud to cover the holes but I would never have thought of that on the island.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

in his exit interview he said they couldnt plug the holes and the bucket was large enough there wasnt a realistic way to cover them and carry them anyway

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Jelinsky is claiming in exit interviews that the quit was actually Q's idea :v:

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Just watched woof what an amazing doofus

Now I'm going to make it clear I don't think this way personally. The women's alliance counter getting floated this early is of note from a strategic persepctive. Obviously anyone who does so in episode freaking 1 has some Issues and I hope the effort fails. What I'm interested in is the women's alliance becoming a meta that some are planning for/around and I don't know what will happen there.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Poque posted:

Yeah maybe the quit might be agreed upon by some watchers but the way he threw and broke the hour glass jesus christ. i actually was a little afraid in that moment and worried for the others on his tribe. v. v. dangerous person to have around just in terms of safety and security and wellbeing.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Lampsacus posted:

i actually was a little afraid in that moment and worried for the others on his tribe. v. v. dangerous person to have around just in terms of safety and security and wellbeing.

Lmao what

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I had a roommate who was constantly breaking glass on our sandy floors and it was a nightmare.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

My stepfather used to throw hourglasses at me when I refused to carry water in a bucket in the backyard

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

Sighence posted:

Just watched woof what an amazing doofus

Now I'm going to make it clear I don't think this way personally. The women's alliance counter getting floated this early is of note from a strategic persepctive. Obviously anyone who does so in episode freaking 1 has some Issues and I hope the effort fails. What I'm interested in is the women's alliance becoming a meta that some are planning for/around and I don't know what will happen there.

But we clearly see the idea of a women’s alliance being floated by the women.

So I guess it’s like why Venus said about him identifying her as a threat, how dare he assume correctly.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Demon_Corsair posted:

But we clearly see the idea of a women’s alliance being floated by the women.

The show puts that on there every time someone even utters the term “women’s alliance” when it has actually happened like twice in the show’s history, I’ll believe it when I see it

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
It's funny to approach it like "the women always do really well! we need to vote out the women for once" when almost every new era season starts with like 6 women getting voted out in a row

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
When was the last time a man was voted out first?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Wurtenburger?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

New Era started with the decimation of bald men. If kinda ruled.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

obliriovrons posted:

It's funny to approach it like "the women always do really well! we need to vote out the women for once" when almost every new era season starts with like 6 women getting voted out in a row

It was also funny to have them talk about needing a women’s alliance and less than a minute later going “well of course we need one of the men in this alliance too”.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Studio posted:

Lmao what
I'm fairly certain he smashed the hour glass out of frustration rather than accidently dropped it. I could be wrong.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Propaganda Machine posted:

When was the last time a man was voted out first?

Abraham in 41, Twitter God Zach in 42

Lampsacus posted:

I'm fairly certain he smashed the hour glass out of frustration rather than accidently dropped it. I could be wrong.

No, you're right that he was frustrated, but you are also being lightly clowned upon for reading way too deeply into Tired Frustrated Jelinsky

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

mp5 posted:

Abraham in 41, Twitter God Zach in 42

No, you're right that he was frustrated, but you are also being lightly clowned upon for reading way too deeply into Tired Frustrated Jelinsky
Egh, I guess its just a contextual/personal thing. somebody throwing and smashing something out of frustration is a scary thing for me and makes me feel like they are a dangerous/potentially abusive person to be around. if that's worth being lightly clowned upon, so be it.

Lampsacus fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Mar 4, 2024

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
So I wrapped up Traitors AU S2 and now want to know more about Luke, what season of Survivor AU should I be looking for?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Nystral posted:

So I wrapped up Traitors AU S2 and now want to know more about Luke, what season of Survivor AU should I be looking for?

2017 and 2019 in that order

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nystral posted:

Luke is one of the greats and his seasons of Survivor AU are pretty fun. Season 2 of Australia (his first) is when they started play the game. They also has the "moral dilemma" twist. Where a Survivor on each tribe got to pick between firewood for the camp or a large jar of cookies they could do whatever they wanted with...

Season 4 also introduced David, who is one of the GOATs from all Survivor IMO.

Season 2 is 27 episodes though. Which they use the extra episodes to stretch the end out.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Mar 4, 2024

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Wonder if they could have put mud on the bucket to plug the holes?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

What's the deal with Deal or No Deal Island (starring Boston Rob). Are we expecting it to be a Survivor-like I can't really tell.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Invalid Validation posted:

I probably would have tried pressing it against my chest to block at least a couple holes on that side, use one hand to block the bottom hole, and then wrap my arm around as many of the ones left as I could. Didn’t get a good look at exactly how many holes there were but I think I could get it down to just one or two open ones

E: :goonsay:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They were trying that a little bit but it looked like they gave up pretty fast. Kinda wonder how much wiggle room they can get with some challenges.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Lampsacus posted:

Egh, I guess its just a contextual/personal thing. somebody throwing and smashing something out of frustration is a scary thing for me and makes me feel like they are a dangerous/potentially abusive person to be around. if that's worth being lightly clowned upon, so be it.

Someone throwing an hourglass like that, in a show that has previously emphasized hourglass smashing, feels very minor. Like they'd already agreed to stop, and it felt like he was trying to look more Legendary than anything else lol. In the realm of Reality TV Jelinski anger wasn't even on the scale.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Pinterest Mom posted:

What's the deal with Deal or No Deal Island (starring Boston Rob). Are we expecting it to be a Survivor-like I can't really tell.

It's real dire. The parlor game challenge to determine who would play the case opening game was just a crawl through a muddy pit to get submerged cases. It was over dramatic and took a half hour with commercials. The music really grates, they make it seem like the most epic thing in the world.

Then the contestants went back to the beach to socialize in lavish spa huts and there is no alliance element because the challenge winner just picks who plays the case game. In like half his confessionals Rob is just bitching about how he hates this part of the game.

The Deal or No Deal case opening doesn't matter immediately because the contestant is banking money they might not see before they're eliminated, they don't get any of it right then. And if they win the game they get to just point at who goes home. I was utterly bewildered Rob didn't go home first thing. Show isn't great!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Mar 4, 2024

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

I did read it, but apparently in his exit interviews, Jelinsky said that they were not allowed to plug the holes, and that they were rather big so it would have been difficult to do so anyway.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If that’s the case, that challenge was basically impossible. Challenges should be completed by normal people if they keep at it.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

wrong thread, ignore

Lampsacus fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Mar 4, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

If that’s the case, that challenge was basically impossible. Challenges should be completed by normal people if they keep at it.

It's probably completely doable to complete the challenge, but with a lot of effort and likely using a majority of the 4 hour time limit (the edit at least said they quit well before the halfway mark I believe). The missed the clear strategy of soaking their clothes in the ocean before making the trip.