Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

sharkmafia posted:

a good example of the very obvious scum strategy, which was to not kill me on the basis that they could then ask 'why is shark still alive?'

in the context of a role that can subvert my action, which I not know exists in some capacity, leaving me alive is comparatively low-risk and gives them someone to push on lylo. this is all blindingly obvious

although keats blocking the nk would have been cool him using his roleblock on me instead was as good a use as any

Yeah, sorry. That is kind of what I was saying.

In worlds where shark is scum, there is an obvious reason to not kill shark (because he is scum), but it the world where shark is town, there is also the benefit of shark looking scummier with both the Opop flip and him being alive for too long. TMor was a good scum kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Grandicap posted:

Shark trying to get the Maer vote this hard is super weird. Why are you selling it directly to her? You not trying to get me to vote cube when you have said you are not sure if it's Me Cube or Maer cube is odd.

because i don't think my action is totally worthless but moreover maerlyn's stubbornly adversarial demeanor towards me comes off as townier than your backline support for me ride-or-die opop defense. doing the thing what you did means you can try to focus the suspicion for the opop flip onto me rather than yourself

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Also, if we hit scum today, scum is hosed. I will have a 50% chance of blocking the kill (presuming Shark is not scum), and if I do, Shark will also be be able to confirm my information whoever he targets. All we have to do is not get it wrong today.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

If shark is town, there is a redirection role of some type.
Opop flipped scum and had a can't kill investigation on him.
TMor was the one beating that drum, hard.

SK and known liar RWC was the only evidence of redirection type role before this.

So, a redirecter type role is substansially more likely now than when it was just RWC, and it explains why shark is also still alive if town. Scum is sure they have the investigative role locked out of useful info, so why not let him dangle in the wind?

shark, who did you target last night?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Johnny Keats posted:

Well I'll vote with you either or.

You think shark is town?

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Maerlyn posted:

You think shark is town?

Yes

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

My scum teams are either exactly shark+Keats or Maer+Cube and I'm not sure which I believe yet.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Johnny Keats posted:

Also, if we hit scum today, scum is hosed. I will have a 50% chance of blocking the kill (presuming Shark is not scum), and if I do, Shark will also be be able to confirm my information whoever he targets. All we have to do is not get it wrong today.

This is a really cute gloaty post if it's Shark + Keats.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

note also that when cube was kinda sorta on the side of fos/maerlyn back when that 10-page fight was going on, he was never really down for opop, and VERY down for dans. he had his vote on dans like the entire day and we did in fact end up eliminating dans

which is to say dans was not following the opop defense line of thinking, because it would be dumb to have all the scum on the same stance. but he was still protecting his scum-mate by trying to redirect the elimination to the town in the mystery duo

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

which is to say cube*

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

sharkmafia posted:

note also that when cube was kinda sorta on the side of fos/maerlyn back when that 10-page fight was going on, he was never really down for opop, and VERY down for dans. he had his vote on dans like the entire day and we did in fact end up eliminating dans

which is to say dans was not following the opop defense line of thinking, because it would be dumb to have all the scum on the same stance. but he was still protecting his scum-mate by trying to redirect the elimination to the town in the mystery duo

If it is Cube+Maer how do you explain your can't kill result on Maer?

Are we wholesale throwing your investigation results out the window?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CubicalSucrose posted:

This is a really cute gloaty post if it's Shark + Keats.

I don't read it this way at all.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Grandicap posted:

If it is Cube+Maer how do you explain your can't kill result on Maer?

Are we wholesale throwing your investigation results out the window?

i don't think it's cube and maer, i think its cube and you. i've been quite clear on that point

there's a small chance its maer but i doubt it

however it's definitely cube, whereas it's just probably you. so im thinking cube is the best choice today

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Shark, you wanna vote now?

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

a grandicap+maerlyn scumteam would be some fuckin galaxy brain poo poo and yes i do not think my investigation is totally worthless since im townreading maer anyway

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Johnny Keats posted:

Shark, you wanna vote now?

yeah lets do it ##vote cube

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

##Vote Cube

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I'm not voting Cube

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

God. Damnit!

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Maerlyn posted:

I'm not voting Cube

Hard same.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Maerlyn posted:

I'm not voting Cube

that's real dumb

grandicap is a much weaker option imo

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

If I decide that it's Cube and maer, and we vote out Cube today, keats just RBs me tonight. The kill happens. We kill Maer, we win.

If I decide that it's shark and keats, then we probably lose anyway becasue I don't have enough cache to convince Cube and Maer probably. And we also don't have a cute role based thing to win there either.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Stop making me paranoid you're a jugg or something

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I am here and not hammering cube. I think I would, but I am not ready to drop a vote this early. Please unvote.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

excuse me while i quote every single post where cube ran interference for his scum-mate opop by pushing to kill dans instead. there are a lot of them

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Wait, no, yeah, this is good.

##vote Cube

I don't believe that shark+keats would scum this up this loudly and proudly.

Please be scum.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: I say, chap, that appears to be the crimson mallet for CubicalSucrose.

Votecount for Day 6

CubicalSucrose (3): sharkmafia, Johnny Keats, Grandicap

Not Voting (2): CubicalSucrose, Maerlyn

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 20th, 2024 at 8:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 21 hours.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
CubicalSucrose, The Cookie Sheet, SCUM-aligned Bus Driver, was eliminated D6!

You are The Cookie Sheet, SCUM-aligned Bus Driver. At night you may target two players; any actions targeting the first player will redirect to the second and vice versa.
You win when your faction is in control of the vote.

It's Night Six now.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
sharkmafia, The Meat Thermometer, TOWN-aligned Gunsmith, died N6!

quote:

You are The Meat Thermometer, TOWN-aligned Gunsmith. At night you may ##take the temperature of a player, learning if that player has a killing action.
You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Day Seven is now. Since we're at 3-player elo there will be no deadline.

Have fun.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Please confirm you blocked me.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I just wanna go to bed

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

First of all, HOLY poo poo. Second of all, I WIFOMED INTO BLOCKING GRANDICAP :negative: I'm sorry Shark!

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

##Vote Maerlyn

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

##vote Maer

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

That was dumb

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Oh no! I think Maerlyn is hammered!

Votecount for Day 7
With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Holy loving lucky busdriver. Poisoning every one of the investigations that were anti scum.
Amazing shark targets too!
3/4 of his inital targets were on anti-town forces.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Maerlyn was killed D7! She was The Garlic Press, TOWN-aligned Vanilla.

Grandicap was endgamed! He was The Whisk, TOWN-aligned Vanilla.

JOHNNY KEATS, THE CUTTING BOARD, SCUM ROLEBLOCKER, HAS WON THE GAME FOR THE SCUM!

This was an awesome game - exactly the kind of game I hoped this setup would inspire. It was definitely scumsided and I mod error'd FoS getting killed instead of Grandi on... N4? I think? But everyone did great.

Thanks for playing!

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Um... about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

NOOOOOOOOOO!O!O!O!O!O!!!!!