Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

I will play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Maerlyn posted:

I feel vaguely fresh brained, time to fix that

i am gonna make you fish-brained by the end of this game

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

I was gonna post that I was town ##vote dans

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Dans Macabre posted:

I'm a man of my word

## vote shwinnificent

Townpost, pure and wholesome invocation of the sacred omgus rites

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Maerlyn posted:

Okay serious question, what is everyone's favorite kitchen utensil?

I like things that enable my laziness, so a pineapple corer/slicer or mango corer did all the hard work for me

(Juiciness was also an issue)

Spoon

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Cube lookng a bit suss for his hedgy reply to best kitchen implement. Why not a knife?

I could see Maerlyn and Opop as scum together, because of Opop's quick joke vote and then pulling off.

For now: ##vote Cube

##vote rhymes

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

making a case about an actual scum team day 1? scum move

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

[quote="yuming" post="538243189"]
##vote Opop

Obvious scum.
[/quote

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Scum love to clarify that their votes aren’t joke votes d1 imo ##vote wins

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Opopanax posted:

Oh I'm legit still suspicious of Maer, I just can't think of the last time I didn't see Keats cop claim so it feels better to me

Hm actually this is a scum post. ##vote opop

Joke vote, pull off, called out, insinuates the fake sus was real as an awkward backpedal

This is true regardless of maer’s alignment

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Vote opop for a healthy kitchen

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

'fraid you probly dont get to keep that

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Maerlyn posted:

third vote scum vote

That's the common trope but I DO think RWC could be scum. Initially she mentions how Opop and I could be aligned but then votes Cube saying he was being hedgy...about a knife. It feels like reluctance to vote me until wins does, and her rationale doesn't make sense

So I'm right to get after TM for flavor hunting but that makes me scummy because "it's too obvious"? It's a pretty odd reason for voting me...an OMGUS would make more sense.

Maer’s case on Moritz is a fine d1 case.

But I am less into maer casing rhymes more severely than Moritz but then not voting rhymes

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah it’s kinda scummy, reminds me of his scumplay, but then his post up there ^ about yuming feels pretty legit.

so on balance? what's your read on grandi

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Opopanax posted:

I resent the idea that I would be self conscious about being called out for something, Opop don't give a gently caress

self-meta here, im thinking we should dunk opop

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

fool of sound posted:

I hate this Grandi post that provides cover and support for the burgeoning Maer bandwagon without actually committing to a vote, AND in the same loving post throws sus on a second person without committing to that vote either, in favor of voting for someone who came to them in a dream. I'm pretty confident this isn't town posting.

##vote Grandi

i think it's a bit too weird to be scum

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

yuming posted:

Like I can imagine Opop as scum but I can imagine p much everyone as scum right now this game has a weird vibe.

The main “case” I’m not on board with is Maer because she seems like she’s sticking her neck out to make some content when there’s little pressure to do so.

##vote yuming this is also a scum post. Town yuming larkishly rolls with the inherent stupidity of D1, playfully engaging with the idiocy of others while offering her own idiocy in turn. This standoffish critique of day 1 play is coming from a scum place of not knowing how to engage.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Fancy is an incredibly lazy and bad choice

yuming or opop imo

maer maybe

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

##vote opop first read best read vote opop for a better tomorrow

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

vote opop, opop is scum

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

thank you, keats

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

CubicalSucrose posted:

We'll find out after N1 resolves.

Johnny Keats posted:

WTf is that supposed to mean? I ask not expecting an answer other than "we have fun here"

CubicalSucrose posted:

It means that if Yuming dies tonight, then that's a pretty clear indication that either I'm scum or scum are trying to frame me.

Absolutely wild that Cube goes from those posts above to .... whatever the hell this is, below. An at once inscrutable and vicious affront to the basic premises of rationality that undergird the known universe. Unfortunately, this is Cube and therefore this tells us nothing about his alignment. Vote Opop

CubicalSucrose posted:

Not really. Keats was suggesting "Players, when town, should play scummier" presumably because they think that getting people's play styles more comparable across alignments would be more interesting.

Another approach, which I floated, was "Players, when scum, should play townier" which should have a similar effect. My default playstyle, when town, naturally reads scummy (Maer is similar but for different reasons). So instead of shifting my already-scummy town playstyle, it would be arguably better for me to shift my scummy scum-playstyle to be more towny (but still somewhat scummy, because that's naturally how I come across).

As scum, I have basically zero plausible deniability. I have and would do quite a bit, and when people suggest "scumCube wouldn't X," I'm (regardless of alignment) usually one of the first to correct them.

Having zero plausible deniability as scum means that I can freely say how I think I would act as scum (regardless of my actual alignment). And I think that's a more interesting way to play. It also makes it easier (citation needed) when I am scum because I don't have to think too much about keeping track of lies since I try to keep those to a minimum.

Contrast with shifting ones playstyle as town to be more lie-heavy, and it's going to be a lot harder. I'd actually thought about doing this with my "3p doc" gimmickclaim but that kinda fell apart immediately due to an unlucky roll and also would've been more null than anything.

I guess what I'm saying is that Keats' suggestion seems like a pretty big ask for many players not named Toalpaz.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Cube and Keats are like evil gods of chaos that stand in full defiance of all humanistic norms, dueling one another at a celestial remove from the rest of our mundane affairs. Their actions may have significance for us, but as with all things semi-divine, are best treated as part of the realm of metaphysics, entirely unamenable to empirical modes of inquiry built on humanistic reason

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

I wanna kill wins

why

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

i don't want to see rhymes or maer eliminated today, the vibes are too good

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Dans Macabre posted:

Here I'll help