Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:siren: There is a Collision Spoiler in the Form :siren:

Hello friends and welcome once again to the AEW prediction game

:siren: There is a Collision Spoiler in the Form :siren:

Here's the link to the form: https://forms.gle/gcbMDdiEv6nA9D8D9

As always, if you have any questions or need clarifications please ask them in thread and I will answer them. And I'm sure there will be more matches added between now and the show but that's just how it goes when I want to actually give people time to join in instead of posting less than 24 hours before the show.

Now If you'll excuse me I need to go back to the Grasslands. In the meantime, tell me about a cool Sting memory you have!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

My cool sting memory is that I am a total mark for the "it's actually sting in full gear under the sting mask" spot because it's incredibly stupid and yet it makes me laugh every time because of how everyone sells for it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when sting did orange and black paint for the cincinnati bengals

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

https://youtube.com/shorts/71LUJmWOw8w?si=j6XELpKZARWAStu9

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Okada question was hard because I don't think he'll show up, but I could see him get mentioned on commentary or in a Don Callis promo or something.

Also Christian's glorious title reign will continue.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Here's the results if you just want to see how Goons think this is going to go down: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScv5G5VdB4gzaZk8ep9i8tqcyJ0DZm-1c_n_iWScMujMFdO5A/viewanalytics

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
This one was actually tough

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Tony's going to read this thread and rebook Takeshita to win

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I got back into wrestling because of Sting. When I read that Sting was going to be on Mania I knew I was going to have to check it out. And the rest, is history.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

super macho dude posted:

Tony's going to read this thread and rebook Takeshita to win

Oh darn

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Shard posted:

Oh darn

I'm praying for it

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

TTBF posted:

Here's the results if you just want to see how Goons think this is going to go down: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScv5G5VdB4gzaZk8ep9i8tqcyJ0DZm-1c_n_iWScMujMFdO5A/viewanalytics

God bless whoever had the shortest match being fourteen and a half hours long.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Got in my predictions, got my grandkids' trust account on the line that Orange Cassidy beats Roddy Strong in 10 seconds.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
my picks are in. interesting vote breakdown

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I predicted

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

UnleashedDad posted:

This one was actually tough

im going to do so bad.. ugh

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

me and the globber are taking this one

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

To everyone predicting Ospreay/Soup as the longest match I hope you're right with no monkey's paw shenanigans

Elvis Enwright
Jun 22, 2004
just like any other man, only more so
The form glitched and refused to let me pick Yes on Okada being mentioned, so I leave it to fate.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm gonna be very upset if Tony doesn't get Turbo Charged for this event. It's in a Sound library and isn't owned by WWE!

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Practically every match on this card is a coin flip for me so it's all in fate's Tony's hands now.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Good sting memory: Starrcade 97. Trash year, really good last PPV. I worked so hard as an 11 year old child around the neighborhood that I managed to buy the ppv and pizza for the whole family.

Fantastic sting memory: chatting with him about dogs while on a zoom call a while back waiting for stuff to get started. cool dog opinions, too.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tell us his dog opinions

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Tell us his dog opinions

he's a little stricter about training and a little more open to aversives than I am, but he's also from a generation that smacked dogs regularly so it's nice that he has pretty progressive dog opinions.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Favorite Sting moment is seeing him no sell going through a table live.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i’m gonna delay my selections as long as possible to find out who contracted jobitis this morning

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i’m gonna delay my selections as long as possible to find out who contracted jobitis this morning

Well, Miro's not on the card, so...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

hangman

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Man, I so want to pick Hangman to win the belt in his hometown.

I am predicting a big night for stupid devil related people.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Alright I have absolutely no idea what's been going on in AEW for weeks now so these picks are sure to rocket me to the top of the table.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I'm stumped on which match will go second-to-last. I'm assuming they end on Sting&Darby-Bucks, and I'm also assuming they'd want to put a buffer between the World Championship and Sting's finale. Maybe the 8-man? Or they do put Samoa v Swerve v Hangman second-to-last and then create some breathing room before the final match by showing a thorough career retrospective, standing O, etc before the match instead of after.

Thanks for running the prediction contest again IP!

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I said Okada was going to show up. I regret that prediction since I think that Jay White will be his first AEW feud and he's not done slumming with the Gunn extended family.
Christian isn't the patriarch. Billy Gunn has 4 kids to Christian's 2.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
I was dumb and thought that the show was last night and didn't book tomorrow off. I'm still staying up to watch.

Thanks for doing the prediction game again IcePhoenix!

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Hoss Corncave posted:

I was dumb and thought that the show was last night and didn't book tomorrow off. I'm still staying up to watch.

Thanks for doing the prediction game again IcePhoenix!

Good luck tomorrow Hoss Corncave, if you drink don't overdo it. If you wake up on time you'll make it through the day I bet :)

This also highlights the importance of Saturday PPVs. People have jobs!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

not sure which way to go on a lot of these.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

apophenium posted:

Good luck tomorrow Hoss Corncave, if you drink don't overdo it. If you wake up on time you'll make it through the day I bet :)

This also highlights the importance of Saturday PPVs. People have jobs!

I'm lucky since I work from home so even if I am going to sleep at 5am I only have to get up at 8:59 to get to my desk for 9, and can have naps if need be. The irritating thing is I have two days of annual leave to use before the end of the month and do take the Monday off for Sunday PPVs, but because I thought it was a Satuday show I ended up not taking the day. I even literally told my boss this in my 1 to 1 with him last week. I appreciate the concern though, and you are 100% correct about Saturday PPVs.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Cactus Jack Perry is gonna erupt through the crowd tonite

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

magiccarpet posted:

Cactus Jack Perry is gonna erupt through the crowd tonite

hopefully straight into an open volcano

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

This feels like the hardest AEW card to pick so far, I think there's only one match I have complete confidence in my pick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fentry posted:

This feels like the hardest AEW card to pick so far, I think there's only one match I have complete confidence in my pick

there's a higher than normal amount of matches hanging around the 60/40 spot (some even closer to 50/50) so it's not just you!