Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I'm not reading that

Only a scum captain would have any reason to post this, jottem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

shwinnebego posted:

Only a scum captain would have any reason to post this, jottem

ah yes, the two genders

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

At trivia last night, there was a question about Casey at the Bat, so I'm very ready to play this game.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
literally everytime i looked at this thread, my head just fills up with "take me to the ball game". this game might be torture.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Any sufficiently good Mafia game is torture

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

hey pick me for scum im pretty good at it

shwinn can back me up here even though ive never actually rolled scum on here yet

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

also i will probably never will actually roll scum randomly so this is your chance to see my meta and not fumble around comparing various flavors of town me

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

SporkChan posted:

Everyone is allowed 1 suggestion for a name of the team, bolded in thread. At the end of D0 the spectators will pick from the suggested team names which ones they like best.

The Silver Snakes, obviously. The winningest team in Legends of the Hidden Temple.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

'shark seems like he's not as active as he was last game, scum????'

no that was because i didn't like the setup, or i was tired, or i bought a new video game

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

SporkChan posted:

Everyone is allowed 1 suggestion for a name of the team, bolded in thread. At the end of D0 the spectators will pick from the suggested team names which ones they like best.

The Mighty Geoducks

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Zoya posted:

recruiting members for a third, neutral faction in this conflict

please sign up to join the hotdogmongers today

please note that we have a mutual agreement with the popcorn peddlers and the soda shills, so keep that in mind before swearing your hotdogmonging oaths

wow no takers on the hotdogmongers faction, smh my head

this was real by the way, i'm the captain of a 3P faction

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Zoya posted:

please note that we have a mutual agreement with the popcorn peddlers and the soda shills, so keep that in mind before swearing your hotdogmonging oaths

only if i get to wear the onion hot dog costume :colbert:

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Zoya posted:

wow no takers on the hotdogmongers faction, smh my head

this was real by the way, i'm the captain of a 3P faction

Okay so we have a sk This game that night kills people with food poisoning

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
If I were a scum captain, how would that change my pitch to be part of not part of a scum team? Hmm.

I'm not sure if I should be scum this game. It's probably worse on average for a scum team to pick me.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Okay so we have a sk This game that night kills people with food poisoning

Teaparty,
You came in here and were greeted very politely, and were frustrated that you could not get happy hour prices with your groupon. Not only is this very clearly written on the bottom of the groupon "Not valid with any other offer" but it also on the bottom of EVERY groupon, for every restaurant. You seem to be seasoned coupon clippers so you are familiar with this. You were so upset that you could not combine deals that you rudely decided to tip my waiter 18 cents. You and Alexa Kliebenstein cowardly raced out of the restaurant, and my waiter raced after you. He gave you $6 out of his own pocket because he thought you were poor, and you shamefully accepted it. I cant believe you took his money! Shame on you! This is bad restaurant karma and horrible personal karma!

Fellow restaurants and waiters, beware of Alexa Kliebenstein and Teaparty C! Please don't come back into my restaurant.

Oh yeah, and you owe my waiter his $6 back plus a $5 tip

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

That all might be true but in my defense I do feel entitled to treat people in the service industry however I want

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

The Mighty Geoducks

mildlypenis

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Zoya posted:

Crackerjack team name, that one.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Helllllllllo everybody and welcome to the most exciting baseball game of the season! Here to bring you the fastest balls and the biggest scoops is your favorite journalist, Cloacamazing! That's right, folks, my intern finally managed to get that pesky ressurrection ritual correct and I have been properly reinstated at the newspaper!

...Well, except for the part where I'm now covering the sports section, which, hey, I don't really know anything about but opportunity to learn and grow, right?

Anyway, our teams have assembled and on the homepitch we have theeeeeee Sporkin' Forkers! An up and coming new team, they have made a name for themselves in the past, although some people might call them a bit lurky. But they've persevered and are now here, up for the championship! I still remember my first interview with the team captain. He didn't really talk to me much, because he thought I was scummy. Weird how this keeps happening. To be fair, I was two-timing him with a veteran player, but it was all up and above townie business.

And the guests on the other side of the field, theeeeeeeeee Maerry Lynners! A veteran team, quite supportive in general but hoo boy you do not want to cross them when they get riled up. Pro tip: Do not mention the name "Burk" around them, ever, or the guns will come out and I mean that literally.

But what's this? A tiny baby seal is right out there on the field, and it has not been scouted yet! How could this be? It is a well-known seal fact that the roundness of baby seals makes them excellent baseball players! They are incredibly bouncy and will just bop from base to base! Somebody needs to pick this seal up, pronto!

With that said, let's take a look at our scoreboard, which will be updated live as this exciting game begins!

Okay, Amazing Intern? I know you're still recovering from the ritual, but I really need your help here! I know literally nothing about baseball! I'm not even sure if I wrote the right teams on the scoreboard! Intern! Help!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

poo poo

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I think it might be a fun exercise for everyone to presubmit who they would attempt to draft, if they were a scum captain.

I'll start:
1) NeverHelm
1b) Keats
2) The player currently known as Death Cob for Cutie
3) Clo probably
4) ANarc
5) Hambeet

I'll stop there I guess.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

The Mighty Geoducks

going to amp this up with a second reference and suggest The Mighty Mighty Geoducks

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

CubicalSucrose posted:

I think it might be a fun exercise for everyone to presubmit who they would attempt to draft, if they were a scum captain.

I'll start:
1) NeverHelm
1b) Keats
3) Clo probably
4) ANarc
5) Hambeet

I'll stop there I guess.

why do you have a 1 and a 1b

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Surprise! Nineteenth player takes the field!

With a loud "Sorry am I late?", Cactus Ghost stormed on the field, toast in mouth and still in the process of putting on his uniform. "Sorry about ghosting you, fellas." he said, smiling awkwardly. "Er... You haven't replaced me or anything, right?"

Replacement player Zoya was observed in a heated discussion with two black-clad, heavily armed orderlies. Observers think they heard something along the lines of "already a ghost! How were we supposed to". This is probably unrelated to the story though. The actual question on every player's mind is now: room for one more?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
It's like a Lumpenlist, only weirder! An interview with Cloacamazing! By Cloacamazing!

So, Clo, if you were the captain of your very own baseball team, who would you pick?

Well, Clo, first of all the most important thing, our team would be named The Hamburg Boppers. As for the composition, naturally enough I would pick myself.

Yes, but other than that?

Just myself. People will go nuts trying to find connections between players.

Can you please take this serious?

I'm interviewing myself here!

Okaaaaay. Well I would pick Keats of course, because he's clearly scum. ANarc, so we can talk about musicals in scumchat. Sharkmafia for ocean supremacy and finally both Zoya and Cactus Ghost, so they can fight for the final player spot.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

You really gotta just hang out in *one* discord so people have the ability to contact ya

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

sorry yall, i got high as a georgia pine and thought it was yesterday

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Get in Spork's discord already and bribe him with pet pictures!

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

CubicalSucrose posted:

I'll start:
1) NeverHelm
1b) Keats
3) Clo probably
4) ANarc
5) Hambeet

I'll stop there I guess.

Clo, beet, Plastic, TPC, Zoya.

It'd be a fun scumchat.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

death cob for cutie posted:

why do you have a 1 and a 1b

I assume NeverHelm would get veto'd because they're not playing, but I'd try it anyway.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I am sad I missed this, put me in off the bench if need be.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

CubicalSucrose posted:

I'll start:
1) NeverHelm
1b) Keats
3) Clo probably
4) ANarc
5) Hambeet

I'll stop there I guess.

who captain

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Cloacamazing! left the diamond and went back to the parking lot. As she reached the corner where her car was parked, she briskly looked back towards the diamond and, probably less smoothly than she thought, scanned the rest of the lot for any sign of movement.

"Alright. The nightly news is primed, the trough of the public ready for mindless consumption," she whispered

A silhouette emerged slowly from behind the car and spoke with a voice modulated to sound like an autotuned Ed Murrow phonograph.

"A fake contest between the Maerry Lynns and the Sporkin Forks? That sounds made up, but I suppose I picked you for your made up journalism degree. I just got a hot tip that can't wait: the real scum captains are Neverhelm and Zoya. Encode that in whatever nonsense passes for sports journalism today. Also I got a tip from higher up: the team is going to be called the Scum Sluggers"

[misty fade-out transition while yakkety saks plays]

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

captains should dox themselves

the ol preemptive self bus strategy. almost guaranteed to bring you to victory

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I hope I'm not a captain because I haven't looked at discord in a few days

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

shwinnebego posted:

captains should dox themselves

the ol preemptive self bus strategy. almost guaranteed to bring you to victory

i already did, i'm the captain of the hotdogmongers faction

our plied trade is incredibly popular, seeing as we're here servicing the home stadium of the world famous Glizzy Gulpers

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Hi

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

this is a scum captain post

shwinnebego